PDA

View Full Version : face transplant

dreamer
12-04-2005, 11:18 AM
I am surprised this story (now a few days old) --didn't come up in here (or maybe it did) ---but yeah ---that dog bite victim woman had a FACE transplant!! ---new nose --new chin --new lips ---they say she wouldn't look like her donor OR herslef -----what do you people think of this? ----think wealthy enough Ts would consider this prodedure some day?

Hugh Jarrod
12-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Man this is old news, I saw a movie where Nicholas Cage and John Travolta did it.

dreamer
12-04-2005, 12:08 PM
yeah a movie ---maybe I am mistook ---but I thought the recent story in the news was a first

Ecstatic
12-04-2005, 04:56 PM
"Face-Off" was way ahead of the actual operation, so it was quite speculative. But the techiques are now proven, at least once. A couple of weeks back, Nip/Tuck dealt with this very issue, intelligently but sadly because in their scenario (based on actual techniques), the transplant failed. It looks like this one in reality was a success, which is great news.

Hugh Jarrod
12-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Nip/Tuck has done some good shows. Man with Rescue Me, Nip/Tuck, and The Shield FX is doin' some good stuff.

Ecstatic
12-04-2005, 08:09 PM
Damn straight. And Chiklis is better in the Shield than as The Thing, and Julian McMahon is better as Dr Christian Troy than as Dr Doom. (Hmmm...any other FX crossovers to the FF?)