PDA

View Full Version : Why wash dishes, when there's paper plates?

PomonaCA
12-23-2010, 08:44 AM
Seriously

renoned
12-23-2010, 09:33 AM
:iagree:
Damn right now if they disposable frying pans I'd have it made.

Paladin
12-23-2010, 09:46 AM
you all have no class.

PomonaCA
12-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Gentlemen,

Guys like us are good for the environment. Think of all the plastic bottles we will save by not using dish soap. Think of the black people in China who will not have to work in sweat shops to make bottles. Think of the blind kid in Aidslandia who will not see the light of day, but will live with clean drinking water.

If it wasn't for guys like us, the world would be washing dishes and getting their own hands dirty.

partlycloudy
12-23-2010, 08:58 PM
what about the trees you have to cut down to make those paper plates?

:?:

PomonaCA
12-24-2010, 12:38 AM

Well you don't actually have to cut down a WHOLE tree to make paper platers. You can just knock down a branch. Or if you have a neighbor who's a real asshole, you can just chop his tree down in the middle of the night.

Besides who cares about trees? Trees....... well they actually grow on trees! You can just plant 5 new ones for every asshole neighbors tree that you chop down.

rockabilly
12-24-2010, 12:55 AM
They do make disposable grills. :shrug

http://69.94.125.171/media/grill-n-go.gif

Now w/ legs!

joeym75ld
12-24-2010, 12:55 AM
What about all the landfill space your paper plates (and cups and plastic forks, knives, spoons) are taking up?

DL_NL
12-24-2010, 01:14 AM
Nice idea for a romantic Xmas dinner. Paper plates and wine from plastic cups. With disposable cutlery, natch. Nice to decant wine from the carton straight into my plastic cup, exudes class.

rockabilly
12-24-2010, 01:17 AM
And twinkies for dessert.

runround04
12-24-2010, 06:48 AM
What about all the landfill space your paper plates (and cups and plastic forks, knives, spoons) are taking up?

What else should we fill those holes with?

muhmuh
12-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Nice idea for a romantic Xmas dinner. Paper plates and wine from plastic cups. With disposable cutlery, natch. Nice to decant wine from the carton straight into my plastic cup, exudes class.

i believe thats considered making an effort by the colonials
after all its better than eating mcdonalds from the wrapper
i guess

IndyCloset
12-24-2010, 04:08 PM

Styrofoam isn't wood.

But then the money you'd pay for a years worth of "papper plates" would buy you a dishwasher.

So who's thinking seriously these days...

giovanni_hotel
12-24-2010, 04:43 PM
They do make disposable grills. :shrug

http://69.94.125.171/media/grill-n-go.gif

Now w/ legs!

Brilliant nugget.

WHo knew....??

tao1kiku
12-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Let's see now. It takes petroleum based fuels to power the machines to cut down the trees, petroleum based fuels to power the machines totransport those trees to the mills for processing, electricity (often from coal or nuclear plants) to create bulk paper for processing, petroleum based fuels to power the vehicles to transport that product to the factory that makes the plates, electricity (often from coal or nuclear plants) to create from that bulk paper to paper plate products, petroleum based fuels to power the vehicles to transport that product to thewarehouse for distribution, petroleum based fuels to power the vehicles to transport that product from the warehouse to the stores for retail sale, petroleum based fuels to power the vehicles to transport customers to and from the stores that sell the products, and once the paper plates are used, petroleum based fuels to power the vehicles to transport the waste or recyclable materials to the processing plants, electricity (often from coal or nuclear plants) to recycle those paper plates back into pulp for further use.

Alot of energy and oil used for one paper plate.

sunairco
12-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Seriously, I spent some time voluteering with a boxed meal program several years ago. Even then, the paper goods and plasticware contributed to a sizable portion of the cost per meal. Paper boxes and paper/plastic plates along with napkins and utensils even in bulk are expensive. The cost of inexpensive table and flatware along with dishsoap and the cost of utilities would recover costs over disposable products in a very short time. You pay a hefty price for that convenience.

Falrune
12-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Paper plates - style and taste. Excellent idea. Besides the traditional white, there are excellent patterns available for almost any occasion!

sunairco
12-24-2010, 09:49 PM
WTF is it with these square and rectangular plates? It's like a bad fad that won't go away. Now they're doing them in paper plates?

DL_NL
12-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Why not just eat your TV dinner from the plastic dish? It came in that anyway, no need to buy paper plates.

spankrod
12-25-2010, 04:11 AM
I only use dishes instead of paper plates for Christmas, to remind my wife of her place in the kitchen.