PDA

View Full Version : The Debate is OVER! Kunimasu trout is EXTINCT!

PomonaCA
12-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Ooops. Or maybe not.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

The kunimasu trout, a fish believed extinct for the last 60-70 years, has been found in a lake near Mount Fuji. The species used to live in Lake Tazawa, which was polluted when river water was added for a hydroelectric power project. The river water was very acidic and killed the trout. Recently Kyoto University Professor Tetsuji Nakabo and TV personality Sakana-kun (Mr. Fish), found the trout again in Saiko Lake in the midst of a mess of rainbow trout.

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/extinct-trout-found-in-japanese-lake.html#ixzz18U97MZhq

The danger of science-worship is real.

PomonaCA
12-18-2010, 08:09 PM
http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/3683277/view/2/producttypecolor/1/type/png/width/378/height/378/the-debate-is-over_design.png

:party::party::party::party:
:dancing::dancing::dancing:

trish
12-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Good news. I think the debate (if there ever was one) really is over, the fish is not extinct...at least not yet. The link you provided claims:

About 100,000 kunimasu eggs were brought to Saiko Lake from Lake Tazawa before the hydroelectric project construction fouled the waters of Tazawa. Because the eggs were brought there 75 years ago, it is likely the re-population efforts were simply forgotten and no follow-up was conducted or documented...
Sakana-kun said, “We should take this opportunity to think about the value of nature and living creatures, so as not to send any species to extinction.”

Faldur
12-18-2010, 10:19 PM
He was really having way too much fun in here..

PomonaCA
12-19-2010, 09:45 AM
He was really having way too much fun in here..

It is fun........ and funny! It's so fun to expose the weak assumptions of the sciences. Science people are just like you and me; no more, no less and just as capable of error. Yet Godless fools worship them.

trish
12-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Yet Godless fools worship them. I hope not. Please don't worship us. Don't worship anybody. Rise to your feet. I command you. :)

PomonaCA
12-19-2010, 07:51 PM
I hope not. Please don't worship us. Don't worship anybody. Rise to your feet. I command you. :)

This is exactly what I'm talking about. These fools can't even manage their own estimates yet they believe they are fit to dish out commands. Hilarious!

trish
12-19-2010, 08:07 PM
:) :) :) :) :) Oh come on, have a Merry Christmas, sourpuss.:) :) :) :) :)

PomonaCA
12-19-2010, 08:11 PM
:) :) :) :) :) Oh come on, have a Merry Christmas, sourpuss.:) :) :) :) :)

It's not Christmas you fool.

trish
12-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Yeah, but I won't be checking back in between today and Christmas, so I'm just sending an early greeting

Merry Christmas.

PomonaCA
12-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Yeah, but I won't be checking back in between today and Christmas, so I'm just sending an early greeting

Merry Christmas.

Time to go back to your man-life I guess. See you next year.

muhmuh
12-19-2010, 11:29 PM
Science people are just like you and me; no more, no less and just as capable of error.

while scientists are certainly capable of error and (and this is the important bit) capable of admitting error (unlike religious folks who tend to think they are infallible) youll find that they are very much unlike you and quite a huge bit more intelligent

PomonaCA
12-20-2010, 02:09 AM
while scientists are certainly capable of error and (and this is the important bit) capable of admitting error (unlike religious folks who tend to think they are infallible) youll find that they are very much unlike you and quite a huge bit more intelligent

You don't even know me so who's the intelligent one and who's making the usual weak assumptions?

muhmuh
12-20-2010, 04:06 AM
youve made enough utterly stupid statements on this site to qualify yourself as a blithering idiot