PDA

View Full Version : How Many Of You California Potheads Have A Medical Marijuana Card?

Dino Velvet
12-14-2010, 09:31 AM
I'm going to get one of these things. I went to a Cannabis Club in Westwood Village today and spoke with someone. I told him straight out I haven't seen a doctor since I was a kid and have no medical records. I also told him I've had numerous injuries over the years from contact sports. He told me no problem then handed me a list of doctors to see. The doctor will give me a note which makes me able to go back there to buy pot. I want to get an official card too so I'll need to get one from LA County.

Which of you Californians that smoke pot have gone the legal route and gotten a Medical Marijuana Card? How much should it cost for me to go to the doctor and get a note prescribing it? I'm thinking about going to this place in West Hollywood called Medicann (http://www.medicann.com/locations/west-hollywood-clinic/). I read some good things about them online. Is there a better place to go on the Westside that might be cheaper, quicker, and easier? Is there anything the guy told me at the Cannabis Club that was BS?

Odelay
12-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Dino, get 2 and send one to me. I make it down to Calif. on occasion.

Dino Velvet
12-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Dino, get 2 and send one to me. I make it down to Calif. on occasion.

You live in Washington. Isn't Medical Marijuana legal there too? It's a liberal state with tons of good herb everywhere.

The Cannabis Club I went to was pretty nice. They even had Chocolate Santas with pot in them for Christmas. There was this one black kid that I think worked there that was totally baked laughing in the corner the whole time.

FREEFALLL666
12-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Man I stopped smokin cause of the legality (im in the UK) but one weird thing that ALWAYS happened during the 10+ years of smoking it if I saw a train moving, it was the most hilarious thing I have ever seen, nearly vomiting from laughter. HOWEVER if one was sat there and not moving I barely noticed it. Luckily there is that hiss before there was any sign of the thing..

CaptainPlanet
12-14-2010, 03:54 PM
guilty.

usually $45-55 for the doctor and another $5-10 for the card.
Well worth it, and he's right there not really that exclusive.
Card last you a year, just need a California State ID, if not then proof of residency "Bill, Insurance, ect" I can vouch, i got mine without the ID. The shops will be like nothing you have ever seen, i still dont know how its legal to have that much weed.

joeym75ld
12-14-2010, 04:36 PM
guilty.

usually $45-55 for the doctor and another $5-10 for the card.
Well worth it, and he's right there not really that exclusive.
Card last you a year, just need a California State ID, if not then proof of residency "Bill, Insurance, ect" I can vouch, i got mine without the ID. The shops will be like nothing you have ever seen, i still dont know how its legal to have that much weed.
What are the Doctors using as the reason for prescription? What do you need to tell the Dr is the problem for which you need the medical marijuana prescription?

Kevin Dong
12-14-2010, 05:01 PM
or you can move to Canada where everyone is stoned :dancing:

MissBStar
12-14-2010, 06:38 PM
My friend has a medical card. It's pretty awsome.. When I'm getting my bewb job out in san fran i'm going to have him get me a bunch of pot edibles. lollipops, cookies and brownies.. I'm gonna be blitzed while I recover =D Percacet and pot cookies woohoo

Dino Velvet
12-14-2010, 07:00 PM
I think I'm going to see one of those pot doctors today. The Cannabis Club gave me this magazine called LA JEMM (http://lajemm.com/). It had tons of ads where to buy pot. Seems like this Skywalker brand is supposed to be good. It goes for $350-400 Oz depending on where you buy. I'll post all the details so things aren't such a mystery.

MissBStar
12-14-2010, 07:14 PM
I think I'm going to see one of those pot doctors today. The Cannabis Club gave me this magazine called LA JEMM (http://lajemm.com/). It had tons of ads where to buy pot. Seems like this Skywalker brand is supposed to be good. It goes for $350-400 Oz depending on where you buy. I'll post all the details so things aren't such a mystery.

may the force be with you

Willfromengland
12-14-2010, 08:17 PM
wish it was legal in uk neva mind i still smoke it every day

Dino Velvet
12-15-2010, 03:00 AM
OK, I'm back home now. Mission fucking accomplished! I learned one thing today. Marijuana is legal in California. You just have to jump through a couple hoops.

I made a 2PM appt at a place on Sawtelle Bl, just north of Santa Monica (http://www.my420clinic.com). I showed up a half an hour early but no one was waiting so I got taken care of right away. I filled out one side of a form and was led to a room. My blood pressure was taken by the receptionist and then the doctor handled me via webcam. He asked me how long I was in pain. I told him since high school my shoulders have gotten more sore to the point where it's hard to sleep now. He immediately approves me for one year and I go back to the front so the receptionist can finish filling out my form/doctor's recommendation. It was that easy. Only 49 bucks too.

With form in hand, my next destination is a Cannabis Club on Wilshire Bl just west of Bundy called Westside Discount Center (12211 Wilshire Bl Suite A). Got there and was buzzed in after showing ID, Doctor's recommendation note, and filling out one more form. OK, I'm in now and this place reeks of herb. The two guys that worked there were super friendly and talkative. I knew what I wanted. Had to get the Skywalker OG that all the places advertise as the best. It was $55 for an eighth but I went for a half ounce at $200. I was considered a "new patient" so they gave me a gift bag with a gram of house bud, a joint mixed with different stuff mixed in, a pipe, and a blunt rolling paper. Set down my money, shook hands with both workers, and was on my way.

Last stop was the least exciting, a head shop on Westwood Bl a few feet north of Santa Monica. Got a bong in there.

I am now ready to blast off. I haven't taken even one puff of dope in six years and tonight I will be ripping bong hits with the best stuff available. This medical marijuana deal is great and sure beats buying drugs the old fashioned way.

I might leave some comments about the weed later if I'm physically able.

Caff_Racer
12-15-2010, 03:26 AM
I might leave some comments about the weed later if I'm physically able.

In other words, half an hour to type "man, this is wicked shit!" :lol::lol:

Man, I ripped so many bong hits back in my film school days... nowadays my throat just can't take them anymore: the back of my throat literally seizes up just at the sight of a bong.

dreamon
12-15-2010, 04:47 AM
I have one!

Willfromengland
12-15-2010, 08:37 PM
what is peoples favourite type of weed i like any haze especially super silver cheese is always good 2

bat1
12-15-2010, 09:57 PM
any way you can get medical Marijuana mailed to you?

I grew up in LA and miss my weed..Louisiana is still in the dark ages about pot..

Dino Velvet
12-15-2010, 11:58 PM
what is peoples favourite type of weed i like any haze especially super silver cheese is always good 2

The Skywalker OG stuff I bought was great. The first bong hit went straight to my head and the whole body high set in right after. I only needed a few more hits throughout the night to keep things going. I also slept like a baby last night. The Skywalker OG is highly recommended and that's why I chose it but I've heard good things about the King Louie too.

any way you can get medical Marijuana mailed to you?

I grew up in LA and miss my weed..Louisiana is still in the dark ages about pot..

Legally I highly doubt it.

rockabilly
12-16-2010, 02:03 AM
My grams smokes on occasion.

Dino Velvet
12-16-2010, 05:58 AM
My grams smokes on occasion.

Is Medical Marijuana legal in South Carolina? I'm allowed to carry 8 Oz on me and have 2 plants.

rockabilly
12-16-2010, 06:08 AM
What they don't know Dino. *cough* *cough*

CaptainPlanet
12-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Congrats. Most shops give you freebies on new registration. The shop i frequent gives you a free gram when you fill up your gram card. Every gram is a stamp =]

Then you have the choice of Indica's, Sativa's, Hybrids. I usually try out new strands, most shops have a pretty good list of 15-40 different strands.

Heres the menu.
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7274/img3326eg.jpg

bat1
12-16-2010, 10:07 PM
I need to move back to LA..

rockabilly
12-16-2010, 10:18 PM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1237643614_pineapple_express.gif

El Nino
12-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Can't smoke it anymore... induces adverse physical side affects.. like rapid heart beat, panic and feelings of anxiety. I don't know why, but it SUCKS.. Used to be fine with it when I was a young lad/

Anything like this ever happen to anybody else??

BLKGSXR
12-17-2010, 12:35 AM
Man I love weed I wont even lie. Smoke last night to the point I was in my own little world
I took the nastiest rip because when I was coughing smoke was coming out still Like damn!!!