PDA

View Full Version : Whiskey Or Heroin?

Dino Velvet
12-04-2010, 03:04 PM
I've never tried the Heroin but man do I love Whiskey. People get addicted to Heroin probably because they like it and it's good. Who's done both and which one is better? Regardless of the outcome of the vote, I'm sticking with my Whiskey.

Sober people need not respond. There's plenty of other threads to drag your soap box into.

onmyknees
12-04-2010, 04:31 PM
I come down on the side of spirits as well Dino. Never dabbled with the big H, but have ingested a bouquet of other hallucinogenics ! I think the reason I always come back to the bottle is the feeling that no matter how bad shit got around me, I always had some modicum of control of myself. That may not be clinically true, or even the reality but it works for me. LOL But it's always the dreaded next day that kills me ! I always think that at the end of the line for me....I'm going to desperately want all those days back I spent in bed nursing a hangover and wasting a hard on ! Pass the bottle please.

Jericho
12-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Got a liking for whiskey but, it doesn't like me, sends me fucking crackers...not a safe person to be around when I've been at the scotch. :shrug
Give me a good Vodka any day.

Odelay
12-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Heroin has always intrigued me, but I haven't done it. Back in the day, I was too into psychedelics to think that anything could be better. I figure once I roll into retirement (no peeing into a cup or bkgnd checks) I'm gonna start experimenting again.

Star Angel 86
12-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Whisky for this lad of Scottish/Irish descent.:cheers:
Heroine I'll pass.
As a matter I'll always choose alcohol over drugs.:cheers:

trish
12-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Templeton Rye = nectar of the gods.
(I drink it neat)

alyssaluxor
12-04-2010, 06:44 PM
i want a meaty yummy COCK uhmmm! lol ;)

Dino Velvet
12-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Templeton Rye = nectar of the gods.
(I drink it neat)

You're a classy broad, Trish. I'm White Trash and I know it so I drink Jack Daniels. Wanna fuck?

I think one of you guys needs to get on Heroin so you can report back to the forum and let us know how it is. If your findings are positive enough then more of us should give The H a try.

Who's gettin' blasted tonight? I got my fifth and a couple Swanson Hungry-Man Dinners for munchies ready so I don't try to get into the car and drive to Jack In The Box.

Dino Velvet
12-04-2010, 06:59 PM

Come over tonight at about 3AM and suck mine, baby! Nuthin' I like better than a blow job from a pretty Oriental after a hard night of drinking so I can sleep like a baby.

alyssaluxor
12-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Come over tonight at about 3AM and suck mine, baby! Nuthin' I like better than a blow job from a pretty Oriental after a hard night of drinking so I can sleep like a baby.

lol any pics of your DICK?

Jericho
12-04-2010, 07:15 PM

Someone pass me the Heroin, quick! :hide-1:

Star Angel 86
12-04-2010, 07:16 PM

Sorry lass wrong thread it's not about penis.

peggygee
12-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Done whiskey, heroin, and just about any other drug that you can name.

Heroin, and the whole opiate class pretty much render you non-functional,
have you throwing up, nodding, over-all not a good luck, particularly for a
woman.

With alcohol I was functional, at least for a while then that took over.

Clean and sober about 15 years, greatest high I've ever had. :cool:

Caff_Racer
12-04-2010, 09:38 PM
I did heroin a couple of times just like that, out of curiosity. And I definitely didn't like it at all. Nowadays the only drug I do is marijuana.

I much prefer whiskey (I have yet to develop a taste for whisky - single malt - but I wil sooner or later), particularly Maker's Mark and Old Rip van Winkle.

Trish, do the distillers of that whiskey have a website where I can order a bottle or two? I doubt I'll find it in a liquor store here in Spain...

Coroner
12-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Stay away from drugs, kids. See, onmyknees used to consum that shit and became a Reaganite Republican.

Dino Velvet
12-05-2010, 01:33 AM

Don't show this to too many ladies. I don't want to be the cause of divorces all over the world.

http://www.bmj.com/content/321/7261/619/F1.large.jpg

DaveinBoston
12-05-2010, 01:34 AM
Drinking a little 12 yr old scotch at the moment...

tommymageeshemales2
12-05-2010, 01:39 AM

woman.

Good for you. I'll drink to that :cheers:

Dino Velvet
12-05-2010, 01:49 AM
woman.

Where can I find some of these women? They could definitely have some good luck with me, if you know what I mean.:wink:

fred41
12-05-2010, 01:52 AM
I enjoy Marijuana ...it gets my intellectual juices flowing, heightens my senses and helps to ignite artistic inspiration....

.....uhm....what we're we talking about?

WTF?!!! is this a site for gay people? I like Twinkies and peanutbutter....

.lol....peanut is a funny word....so is blubbbbbblubbbbbblubbb.....heeheeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Odelay
12-05-2010, 02:43 AM
woman.Where can I find some of these women? They could definitely have some good luck with me, if you know what I mean.:wink:

Can't tell if Dino is saying he generally does better with the women who are stone cold passed out, or if he is one of those crazy dudes who have a vomit fetish. Knowing Dino, it's probably both. :whistle:

Dino Velvet
12-05-2010, 03:02 AM
Can't tell if Dino is saying he generally does better with the women who are stone cold passed out, or if he is one of those crazy dudes who have a vomit fetish. Knowing Dino, it's probably both. :whistle:

At 43, I'll take what I can get. Sometimes I spend too much money on drinks and not leave enough for a hooker. I'll end up looking for some half dead gal slumped over a table to snatch up on the way out of the bar.

alyssaluxor
12-05-2010, 05:03 AM
Someone pass me the Heroin, quick! :hide-1:

Sorry lass wrong thread it's not about penis.

lol so bad!

Don't show this to too many ladies. I don't want to be the cause of divorces all over the world.

http://www.bmj.com/content/321/7261/619/F1.large.jpg

OMG! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

renoned
12-05-2010, 06:44 AM

woman.

:Bowdown::claps Good job Peggy, I'm at 15 years myself. Although I do smoke a little pot now and then. (been workin on an 1/8 for 10 months)

peggygee
12-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Heroin, and the whole opiate class pretty much
render you non-functional, have you throwing up, nodding, over-all not a
good luck, particularly for a
woman.

Where can I find some of these women? They could definitely have some
good luck with me, if you know what I mean.:wink:

Damn typo, well at least I can't blame it on....

YouTube - Jamie Foxx Feat. T-Pain- Blame It (On the Alcohol) (Official Music Video) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48P5uAMCjv0)

:wiggle:

peggygee
12-05-2010, 07:03 AM
Good for you. I'll drink to that :cheers:

:Bowdown::claps Good job Peggy, I'm at 15 years myself. Although I do smoke a little pot now and then. (been workin on an 1/8 for 10 months)

Thanks y'all, sobriety rocks, and not like :yayo:

Dino Velvet
12-05-2010, 07:21 AM
lol so bad!

OMG! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

But that wiener is connected to this. You horny now, baby?

lovesall
12-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Whiskey all the way, also a good Vodka, Rum, Red Wine will do. I can only handle one bad vice so drugs are out of the picture.

bluesoul
12-12-2013, 07:12 AM
I've never tried the Heroin but man do I love Whiskey.

nothing too bad about the chunky charlie- although it's been a while since i danced with the dragon. all the jazz greats knew well to skug on some smack

right now i'm sipping on some sour mash whiskey (yes, with an e (http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showpost.php?p=1374065&postcount=135) so keep your tidy whitey's (http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showpost.php?p=1375651&postcount=137) fastened steady boys) and if i do say- she slips down easy

http://listdose.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/jack-daniels.jpg

danthepoetman
12-12-2013, 07:54 AM
Strange to dig up that old thread, Bluesoul. I guess you really are blue tonight. I'll tell you a little story to get a bit of pink in your mood, maybe, providing you don't find me too boring.
Drugs, I tried many but never intraveinous. Always with booze. I used to drink anything. One night, a few days before Christmas, something like 30 years ago, I was at an old ladie's place, for reasons irrelevant to this. She asked if I wanted something to drink and I said "yes, anything you have or better, anything you're having"... She filled a huge tumbler with ice and poured whisky in it.
Now I knew the lady. Very cute, very funny. An absolute drunk. Still driving, comming home some nights and crashing her car on anything either side of her parking place. I even helped her get home, some times.
Anyways, drink in hand, not having taken a sip yet, she tells me:
-Well, I'm sorry. I'm dead tired. I have to go to bed. Would you be nice enough to leave the glass outside the door after you're done..." just a real nice way to simply kick me out.
I should have been flabergasted but it was the person's style. On the weird side with really rough edges. But hey! a nonagenarian. I thought to myself that there was no reason in the world to spoil that nice drink and that I would simply sit in the hall of the building and have it quietly.
Up to that point, I never had anything like that stuff. It was filling my mouth with nuttiness, although I could sense ripe fruits in the palate and, when I swallowed, there was this amazing explosion of spices, pepper and cinamon, cumin and carvi. Indescribable! I never could have imagined at this point in my life that there was anything that good as a drink. Never!
So I finish it, went back upstairs and put the drink on the console table outside her door, then promise myself to make sure finding what that drink was, as I had no idea whatsoever! It could have been cognac, for what I knew then.
The next day I went directly knocking at her door. She looked at me with perplexity, exclaimed "A drink? I served you a drink?" and, totally confused herself as to what she had served me, or even what she herself had had, when I reminded her what she did, she invited me in and showed me her huge bar, a multi-layered piece of furniture on wheels, completely filled with bottles of all swords, dozens and dozens of brands of all types of spirits and liquors... "Do you recognized what you had?" she asked. LOL. Well, of course not, I couldn't. After a little while, she added: "You know, I'm almost sure it was whisky. It had to be whisky".
So I went back home disapointed and as ignorant as I was, but I decided then that I would do anything I could to find back this drink.
I lost track of her in the years that followed and I learned one day that she was found dead in her bed. She was mixing sleeping pills with booze and at this age, it's unforgiving.
So, three decades later, I still don't know what the old lady served me that night. But in searching for it, I discovered not only my favorite beverage, Single Malt Scotch Whisky, but also to appreciate the taste of a drink rather that the effect, to learn how to fully flavour whisky, its incredible complexity, its variety, etc. I suppose that generally speaking, I'm a pretty heavy drinker. But I'm not a drunk -I know for having been close to some. And I'm pretty sure it's largely because of that little old lady, who served me an innocent glass of whisky, one or two nights to the eve of a christmas I can't even remember...
:)

maxpower
12-12-2013, 08:02 AM
I've been enjoying a bit of this lately...

robertlouis
12-12-2013, 08:41 AM
I guess for my palate heroin would be preferable to most whiskEy which I find toothachingly sweet and mostly astringent with no real finish.

But if you're talking "whisky", without the "e", it's no contest.

Do you agree Dan? Slainthe!

danthepoetman
12-12-2013, 09:07 AM
I guess for my palate heroin would be preferable to most whiskEy which I find toothachingly sweet and mostly astringent with no real finish.

But if you're talking "whisky", without the "e", it's no contest.

Do you agree Dan? Slainthe!
Absolutely. The Ugedail is amazing. It is so well aged that you don't even sense the high alcool level. It's strange, don't you think, Robert Louis, that this Ardbeg resemble so much the 16 yr old Lagavulin? And conversely, the cask strengt 12 years Lagavulin reminds of the 10 yr Ardbeg!
From the first time I had a Ardbeg, I felt it was the most amazing drink I had ever had. It was a 10 yr, but the color, white wine or vino verde, the fact that a drop of water leaves a long, dancing worm of fog in it, and the huge punch of peat all made for a fabulous experience. Now the Ugedail is something else. Already, the difference between the 10 yr and other whiskies, because it is not chill filtered, is very palpable; but with the Ugedail, you have the feeling you have everything the aging whisky has to offer, every natural oil, every little perfume, every one of the windy Islay day's salt and sea perfume... I loved it.

youngblood61
12-12-2013, 09:09 AM
Whiskey

danthepoetman
12-12-2013, 09:14 AM
Whiskey
Youngblood, you're starting something, here...
:pissed:

youngblood61
12-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Youngblood, you're starting something, here...
:pissed:Starting what Dan?

robertlouis
12-12-2013, 09:20 AM
Absolutely. The Ugedail is amazing. It is so well aged that you don't even sense the high alcool level. It's strange, don't you think, Robert Louis, that this Ardbeg resemble so much the 16 yr old Lagavulin? And conversely, the cask strengt 12 years Lagavulin reminds of the 10 yr Ardbeg!
From the first time I had a Ardbeg, I felt it was the most amazing drink I had ever had. It was a 10 yr, but the color, white wine or vino verde, the fact that a drop of water leaves a long, dancing worm of fog in it, and the huge punch of peat all made for a fabulous experience. Now the Ugedail is something else. Already, the difference between the 10 yr and other whiskies, because it is not chill filtered, is very palpable; but with the Ugedail, you have the feeling you have everything the aging whisky has to offer, every natural oil, every little perfume, every one of the windy Islay day's salt and sea perfume... I loved it.

Absolutely nothing to add to that masterful summary, Dan.

The Ugedail is quite simply the very apogee of the distiller's art. It's perfect.

bluesoul
12-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Strange to dig up that old thread, Bluesoul. I guess you really are blue tonight. :)

thanks danny dan. i says no to the white lady, because she never helped me!

Toronto mayor Rob Ford says he gets enough pussy to eat at home - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4siKr6qY8w)

danthepoetman
12-12-2013, 09:44 AM
Starting what Dan?

LOL! You don't know?
OK, my good Youngblood: "whisky"! not "whiskey". Whiskey is an alcohol made in a hurry, with any kind of cereal, sometimes even syrupy, heavy, gluey corn. They grind the cereal into flour, and put it with water into a continuous still, which makes a tasteless, headache making alcohol. Only the wood it is put in will give it any character. Sometimes, they even allow other alcohols to get into the mix, in order to confer taste to that stuff... Most "whiskey" you find in liquor stores are usually made of about 15 to 40% of good, well made alcohol. The rest is filled with that junk. For the most part, that's what is called whiskey.
Now, whisky is something else. And if you're talking about -and I'm tenderly evoking it here- Single Malt Whisky, you are talking about an alcohol made of barley that's been germinated to malt, then amourously bathed with yeast to make it into a bear, then finaly distilled with different types of stills (which gives each some unique characteristics to it), and nicely aged for almost always more than 8 years, and usually at least 10. What you get in the bottle you buy, is that alcohol and that alcohol only. No other alcohol of lesser quality. This process of making it creates an absolutely unique drink. It has regional characteristics and differences of tastes and perfumes, just exactly like wines in France or Italy, it is every bit as complex and delicate in flavours. This is why some of the whisky loving people tend to cringe, when they hear or read the word "whiskey"... :)

danthepoetman
12-12-2013, 09:51 AM
thanks danny dan. i says no to the white lady, because she never helped me!

Toronto mayor Rob Ford says he gets enough pussy to eat at home - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4siKr6qY8w)
It will take a huge lever to get this guy off city hall...

robertlouis
12-12-2013, 10:19 AM
LOL! You don't know?
OK, my good Youngblood: "whisky"! not "whiskey". Whiskey is an alcohol made in a hurry, with any kind of cereal, sometimes even syrupy, heavy, gluey corn. They grind the cereal into flour, and put it with water into a continuous still, which makes a tasteless, headache making alcohol. Only the wood it is put in will give it any character. Sometimes, they even allow other alcohols to get into the mix, in order to confer taste to that stuff... Most "whiskey" you find in liquor stores are usually made of about 15 to 40% of good, well made alcohol. The rest is filled with that junk. For the most part, that's what is called whiskey.
Now, whisky is something else. And if you're talking about -and I'm tenderly evoking it here- Single Malt Whisky, you are talking about an alcohol made of barley that's been germinated to malt, then amourously bathed with yeast to make it into a bear, then finaly distilled with different types of stills (which gives each some unique characteristics to it), and nicely aged for almost always more than 8 years, and usually at least 10. What you get in the bottle you buy, is that alcohol and that alcohol only. No other alcohol of lesser quality. This process of making it creates an absolutely unique drink. It has regional characteristics and differences of tastes and perfumes, just exactly like wines in France or Italy, it is every bit as complex and delicate in flavours. This is why some of the whisky loving people tend to cringe, when they hear or read the word "whiskey"... :)

Fancy putting together an anthology on good writing about malt scotch, Dan? There must be a big market for it out there. Joint project?

youngblood61
12-12-2013, 10:29 AM
My apologies, I'll will remember next time.:)

youngblood61
12-12-2013, 10:33 AM
I'll take Whisky over H. Gotcha! You learn something new everyday here at HA!

danthepoetman
12-12-2013, 10:47 AM
I'd love that! Here in Quebec, there is practically nothing on the subject. I've had this in mind for a while, now, RObert Louis. ANd of course, the help and advices of someone like you, your participation, would be invaluable.

danthepoetman
12-12-2013, 10:48 AM
My apologies, I'll will remember next time.:)
No sweat, my friend. What I said is true, but I was of course only teasing you. I'm sure you know that... ;)

maxpower
12-12-2013, 11:29 AM
LOL! You don't know?

I don't know, Dan. Both spellings of the word mean more or less the same thing - alcohol distilled from a grain mash and aged in wooden barrels. I think the spelling has more to do with the country of origin or just how the maker chooses to spell it, rather than it being an absolute indicator of quality, purity, or the type of grain used. The U.S. and Ireland tend to use "whiskey" and the U.K., Canada, and other places use "whisky." There are some fantastic, top-notch American bourbons out there, like Bulleit, that are spelled with an "e," but also, there are others like Maker's Mark that spell it without. Yes, they're made from a corn mash, but that's what bourbon is, and a good bourbon can have complex flavors and good finishes just like you say a good scotch does. I don't drink much scotch, but I had some 12 year Lagavulin a few weeks ago, and I liked it very much. Then there are things like Crown Royal - the Canadian "whisky" which is a blend of alcohols, not a single alcohol, despite being spelled the supposedly superior way. Whiskey doesn't guarantee a headache. I've never had one from drinking Bulleit or Maker's Mark. I just think maybe you're being a bit narrow-minded. And besides...this guy says scotch is on the way out! :hide-1:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/9/english-born-whiskey-critic-says-scotch-out-americ/

danthepoetman
12-12-2013, 12:02 PM
I don't know, Dan. Both spellings of the word mean more or less the same thing - alcohol distilled from a grain mash and aged in wooden barrels. I think the spelling has more to do with the country of origin or just how the maker chooses to spell it, rather than it being an absolute indicator of quality, purity, or the type of grain used. The U.S. and Ireland tend to use "whiskey" and the U.K., Canada, and other places use "whisky." There are some fantastic, top-notch American bourbons out there, like Bulleit, that are spelled with an "e," but also, there are others like Maker's Mark that spell it without. Yes, they're made from a corn mash, but that's what bourbon is, and a good bourbon can have complex flavors and good finishes just like you say a good scotch does. I don't drink much scotch, but I had some 12 year Lagavulin a few weeks ago, and I liked it very much. Then there are things like Crown Royal - the Canadian "whisky" which is a blend of alcohols, not a single alcohol, despite being spelled the supposedly superior way. Whiskey doesn't guarantee a headache. I've never had one from drinking Bulleit or Maker's Mark. I just think maybe you're being a bit narrow-minded. And besides...this guy says scotch is on the way out! :hide-1:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/9/english-born-whiskey-critic-says-scotch-out-americ/
LOL! Don't count on it! It's only starting. There are more and more distilleries in Scotland and they're diversifying their products.
You're right, I was cutting corners a little. What I was saying applies more to the designation "Blended" and "Single". Yet, the fact is, and remain, Max, that most of the stuff sold under the title whiskey are blends. In fact, for many of these "whiskey", there's nothing else, there are no singles, and they are mostly done from what we call a continuous still, as I was describing. It's simple flour made from grain to which water is added and put in this "distillation machine". The big, big difference is that singles are made with real malted barley turned into beers, then distilled with what is called a pot still. It's very different, Max. Very. The pot still can only make a relatively small amount of very typified alcohol at a time, contrary to the continuous still, which makes continuous pretty tastelss alcohol. Some American process involved for instance letting the alcohol go through charcoal wood, which gives a lot of taste to it, but to my knowledge, no where is the whisky made with so much care and true artisanship as in Scotland (except in Japan, which immitates the process to perfection). It really is a century old art that was kept from father to sons. These guys are often making alcohol for their sons, for the next generation, like the previous one had done for them. It's really remarquable. Moreover, whiskey is generally much younger alcohol than single malt scotch whisky. The main reason for that is once again the tastelessness of the grain alcohol. Grain alcohol, to get to have a taste, has to be put in a wood that produces a lot of essences. So in America, new wood is being used to make cask. In Scotland, when they talk about "new wood", they're talking about casks that were filled only once. The alcohol is so delicate, and has already so much character, that real new wood would kill it. Generally, second or third refill bourbon casks are used in Scotland, or former sherry casks, filled several times -because of the process of making sherry, which is very particular (solera). But you see, the essence of wood, vaniline, is very strong; and that, my friend, can cause terrible headaches, believe me.
So an old bourbon will be 8 or 9 years of age. For a Scotch, 12 years is young. A good single malt matures at around 16 to 18, depending of the whisky, reaches absolute full body at 20, 25, and start getting woody sometime after.
You're right in saying that the designation is more a national difference in word than an official difference in nature. But the fact is, most of what is indeed called whiskey is grain alcohol to which taste is added by different means. Most of the scotch whisky sold in the world is a blend of grain and malt alcohol, like the Johnny Walker, the Chivas Regal, the J&B, the Cutty Sark, the Balantine, the Famous Grouse, etc. You have to get into bottles specifically marked "Single Malt" rather than "Blended" to find the real stuff of higher quality.
And believe me, Max, it's not to put anyone down in any way (as you know I myself am Canadian), but the authentic single malt whisky is one thing the Scots can be trutfullly proud of. It's an artisanship they have taken to the greatest heights.

maxpower
12-12-2013, 12:14 PM
In recent years, it seems American whiskey makers have been ageing some of their product longer (perhaps taking a cue from the Scots). There are a lot of 10, 12, 15, 18, 20+ year bourbons coming onto the market these days with very high ratings.

danthepoetman
12-12-2013, 12:22 PM
In recent years, it seems American whiskey makers have been ageing some of their product longer (perhaps taking a cue from the Scots). There are a lot of 10, 12, 15, 18, 20+ year bourbons coming onto the market these days with very high ratings.
Yes, but the problem is how woody will they be? It's all kept in new wood casks. The level of vaniline in it will be totally overbearing. Unless they've started to indeed use second fillings for the stuff they want to seel at older ages...
But still, it will always be alcohol made in continuous stills. It's not that it's not good. But it's not quite the same...

Stavros
12-12-2013, 12:24 PM
I don't know, Dan. Both spellings of the word mean more or less the same thing - alcohol distilled from a grain mash and aged in wooden barrels. I think the spelling has more to do with the country of origin or just how the maker chooses to spell it, rather than it being an absolute indicator of quality, purity, or the type of grain used. The U.S. and Ireland tend to use "whiskey" and the U.K., Canada, and other places use "whisky."

Max the spelling is legally protected and the Scotch Whisky can and does prosecute anyone selling a drink called 'Whisky' if it is not made in Scotland -just as it is illegal to produce and sell 'Parma Ham' if it is not from Parma, in Italy. In fact a useful means of protecting the authenticity of the product.

Stavros
12-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Now I knew the lady. Very cute, very funny. An absolute drunk. Still driving, comming home some nights and crashing her car on anything either side of her parking place. I even helped her get home, some times.
But hey! a nonagenarian.

-? You used to accept lifts from a 90-year old whom you knew to be a drunk? And she was cute? Hmmm...

danthepoetman
12-12-2013, 12:30 PM
-? You used to accept lifts from a 90-year old whom you knew to be a drunk? And she was cute? Hmmm...
Oh! no: I never got in a car with her! No way. When I said I helped her home, sometimes, I meant, from the parking to her apartment! :)

maxpower
12-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Max the spelling is legally protected and the Scotch Whisky can and does prosecute anyone selling a drink called 'Whisky' if it is not made in Scotland -just as it is illegal to produce and sell 'Parma Ham' if it is not from Parma, in Italy. In fact a useful means of protecting the authenticity of the product.

Really? They must have a lot of lawsuits on their docket...

danthepoetman
12-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Yes, I'm not sure on this, but I think that the legal brand mark is on "Scotch Whisky"... The main problem was that many products of very low quality were comming on the markets, most of them comming from... yes, you've guessed it, China! bearing the denomination "Scotch Whisky". From other places too, but I know China was a huge problem at some point.

youngblood61
12-12-2013, 02:36 PM
No sweat, my friend. What I said is true, but I was of course only teasing you. I'm sure you know that... ;)Sure, no worries here Dan.

dderek123
12-12-2013, 03:53 PM
I could inject Glenmorangie into my veins and it would still taste great.

pimpdog
12-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Black Tar Heroin yes please.

Stavros
12-12-2013, 06:11 PM

Thanks for forcing me to re-think this: it is the designation 'Scotch Whisky' that has been protected, in part because some use the word 'Scotch' when asking for a drink.

There is a report here of a Chinese wholesaler prosecuted in China for selling bogus 'Scotch' Whisky...

Apologies for the error!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-21194829

wearboots4me
12-12-2013, 07:41 PM
Whiskey for me! Weed is the only other drug I would ever consider besides alcohol. You would have to be crazy to even try heroin, I don't think it's something you can dabble in without becoming addicted.

trish
12-12-2013, 07:53 PM
Glenmorganie is one of the wonders of the universe.

bluesoul
12-12-2013, 10:15 PM

i like makers mark. now that's some real talk.

dan the poet man you old bugger, i'll have to spin ye an old yarn abouts when i was a worm, but not now mate. i'm still spinning from that poison i had last night. give myself and my kidney some time, and we'll be as smart as paint. perhaps tonight sir. we have designs on a pretty wench as well.

danthepoetman
12-13-2013, 04:00 AM
i like makers mark. now that's some real talk.

dan the poet man you old bugger, i'll have to spin ye an old yarn abouts when i was a worm, but not now mate. i'm still spinning from that poison i had last night. give myself and my kidney some time, and we'll be as smart as paint. perhaps tonight sir. we have designs on a pretty wench as well.
There's no better way to know someone and forge a bound than to get drunk with him. We've talked about it before, we should eventually get to it, you and I, Bluesoul! :)

danthepoetman
12-13-2013, 04:05 AM

You guys know your whisky! This is the highest selling malt whisky in Scotland itself! Adorable marmalade, cinamon with a whiff of smoke...
I don't know if you've ever tried this variety, Glenmorangie Nectar d'Or. They finish the maturation in Sauternes wine old casks. It has French pastries tones, pâte feuilletée (crust of mille-feuille like). Many radical connaisseurs dislikes it, but this makes a marvelous holliday drink!
http://mymaltwhiskys.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/glenmorangie-nectar-dor.jpg

robertlouis
12-13-2013, 04:06 AM

Dan and I were mutually extolling the virtues of this drop of Caledonian nectar earlier, Trish. Well worth any effort to get hold of some. IMHO it's the best ever. Note it's the Uigedail (Oochadoil with a hard "ch") variant. Glorious beyond words.

robertlouis
12-13-2013, 04:12 AM
You guys know your whisky! This is the highest selling malt whisky in Scotland itself! Adorable marmalade, cinamon with a whiff of smoke...
I don't know if you've ever tried this variety, Glenmorangie Nectar d'Or. They finish the maturation in Sauternes wine old casks. It has French pastries tones, pâte feuilletée (crust of mille-feuille like). Many radical connaisseurs dislikes it, but this makes a marvelous holliday drink!

Hmm. I'm something of a traditionalist, Dan, and remain to be convinced about the fad for maturing malt in different cask woods. The only one I really like is the Balvenie Doublewood. When it comes to Glenmorangie, well, just don't fuck with a classic.

Sherry casks are still the best. I've heard that some of the Islay malts go for Manzanilla casks, because that driest of dry sherries is traditionally matured in casks in warehouses with slatted sides right by the sea so that they can absorb some of the salt. You can certainly taste it in Bowmore, Ardbeg and Caol Isla.

Tapatio
12-13-2013, 04:51 AM
I find the Glenrothes single cask vintages nice- but I don't buy them often.

I don't collect scotch (or truly appreciate it, I'm afraid) so I don't always buy the new releases. When I find one I like, it's gone or so rare by the time I decide to buy another bottle that the only store that has it can't ship to me due to legal restrictions, or the price is too high to justify the purchase (my tastes are fairly plebeian and I admit it- I also tend to spend most liberally on the things I enjoy most.)

I looked the company up a few weeks ago; I read that they provided batches to other companies to blend long before they bottled under their own name.

Not sure if it's true- I read one article, on the internet- my source isn't the most reliable.

Any aficionados who know? Anyone with a favorite vintage? I'd love to hear your take. I don't think I have the language for expressing the taste. I can't talk wine either (but I don't drink it, so. . .)

danthepoetman
12-13-2013, 05:11 AM
Hmm. I'm something of a traditionalist, Dan, and remain to be convinced about the fad for maturing malt in different cask woods. The only one I really like is the Balvenie Doublewood. When it comes to Glenmorangie, well, just don't fuck with a classic.

Sherry casks are still the best. I've heard that some of the Islay malts go for Manzanilla casks, because that driest of dry sherries is traditionally matured in casks in warehouses with slatted sides right by the sea so that they can absorb some of the salt. You can certainly taste it in Bowmore, Ardbeg and Caol Isla.
One that I loved particularly with the sherry finish was the Bowmore Darkest. Shame they don't make it anymore. But Bowmore has the chic to make unique stuff they stop making after a while -think of the Black Bowmore (one I never tasted). And the Dusk, finished in red wine (can't recall which) was also very good, always kept at a 50% alcohol volume.

I completely agree indeed with the Ugedail. But it's a very manly drink, very much for whisky aficionados, or people with the palate for peat. The first time, it might be rough on some. No to say anything about the alcohol level.

danthepoetman
12-13-2013, 05:17 AM
I find the Glenrothes single cask vintages nice- but I don't buy them often.

I don't collect scotch (or truly appreciate it, I'm afraid) so I don't always buy the new releases. When I find one I like, it's gone or so rare by the time I decide to buy another bottle that the only store that has it can't ship to me due to legal restrictions, or the price is too high to justify the purchase (my tastes are fairly plebeian and I admit it- I also tend to spend most liberally on the things I enjoy most.)

I looked the company up a few weeks ago; I read that they provided batches to other companies to blend long before they bottled under their own name.

Not sure if it's true- I read one article, on the internet- my source isn't the most reliable.

Any aficionados who know? Anyone with a favorite vintage? I'd love to hear your take. I don't think I have the language for expressing the taste. I can't talk wine either (but I don't drink it, so. . .)
Some editions of Glenrothes are absolutely great indeed. It's a pretty subtle drink. Bits of vanila, lots of almonds, heather honey, faint spices. Very nice dram imo too.
Yes, they most probably sell some of their stock to blenders; almost all distilleries do. Those blends contain essentially tasteless grain alcohol; they have to mix it with a certain amount of good malt. For instance, the Chivas Regal is made with Strathisla; the Johnny Walker has changed providers over the years here and there, but I think it's mostly Talisker (a great dram) and Caol Ila that provides the taste in it (I think there was also some Cardhu before, but the distillery has went to a lot of changes over the last decade and so), etc.

robertlouis
12-13-2013, 05:39 AM
One that I loved particularly with the sherry finish was the Bowmore Darkest. Shame they don't make it anymore. But Bowmore has the chic to make unique stuff they stop making after a while -think of the Black Bowmore (one I never tasted). And the Dusk, finished in red wine (can't recall which) was also very good, always kept at a 50% alcohol volume.

I completely agree indeed with the Ugedail. But it's a very manly drink, very much for whisky aficionados, or people with the palate for peat. The first time, it might be rough on some. No to say anything about the alcohol level.

Interesting comments on the "manly" attributes of some scotches. I've always subscribed to the view that a peaty monster like Laphraoig is probably the ultimate challenge for the novice. Some women do have very mature and sophisticated palates though - my dear late mother could hold her own easily and loved malts at their darkest and deepest. That said, I know a few blokes who start off with the lighter, aperitif style malts like Dalwhinnie, Bladnoch or Glenkinchie and never shift. But for me the champions come from the islands, whether it's Islay, Jura, Skye or Orkney and the peatier the better. Then there's the one I "grew up" with - Glengoyne, set at the far end of the Strath of Blane in Stirlingshire. The burn that provides the water for the scotch ran along one boundary of my childhood home. I'm getting just a mite thirsty now....:)

robertlouis
12-13-2013, 05:43 AM
Some editions of Glenrothes are absolutely great indeed. It's a pretty subtle drink. Bits of vanila, lots of almonds, heather honey, faint spices. Very nice dram imo too.
Yes, they most probably sell some of their stock to blenders; almost all distilleries do. Those blends contain essentially tasteless grain alcohol; they have to mix it with a certain amount of good malt. For instance, the Chivas Regal is made with Strathisla; the Johnny Walker has changed providers over the years here and there, but I think it's mostly Talisker (a great dram) and Caol Ila that provides the taste in it (I think there was also some Cardhu before, but the distillery has went to a lot of changes over the last decade and so), etc.

Johnny Walker Red should be avoided unless you need to clean your toilet or wreck your guts. :hide-1:

However, my two favourite blends, Bells and Famous Grouse - the latter of whose tv ads at Christmas in the UK are a sheer joy - happen to contain the highest concentration of Islay malts. Other blends which I can manage straight or with just a little water are J&B, Cutty Sark and Dewars.

danthepoetman
12-13-2013, 05:59 AM
Interesting comments on the "manly" attributes of some scotches. I've always subscribed to the view that a peaty monster like Laphraoig is probably the ultimate challenge for the novice. Some women do have very mature and sophisticated palates though - my dear late mother could hold her own easily and loved malts at their darkest and deepest. That said, I know a few blokes who start off with the lighter, aperitif style malts like Dalwhinnie, Bladnoch or Glenkinchie and never shift. But for me the champions come from the islands, whether it's Islay, Jura, Skye or Orkney and the peatier the better. Then there's the one I "grew up" with - Glengoyne, set at the far end of the Strath of Blane in Stirlingshire. The burn that provides the water for the scotch ran along one boundary of my childhood home. I'm getting just a mite thirsty now....:)

The Glengoyne I like, and I mean, "really like", is the cask strengt. I don't know what it is with this one but I find it so full of flavors and body it's enchanting. For some reasons, it's my favorite passage from a regular strengt malt to the cask strenght, the one for which you see the most the character of the distillery...

robertlouis
12-13-2013, 06:13 AM
The Glengoyne I like, and I mean, "really like", is the cask strengt. I don't know what it is with this one but I find it so full of flavors and body it's enchanting. For some reasons, it's my favorite passage from a regular strengt malt to the cask strenght, the one for which you see the most the character of the distillery...

I know I'm biased Dan, but the distillery is a delight. It's very small - a five man operation - but it features a lovely restaurant with the burn just outside, floodlit and tumbling over the rocks. Always puts me in mind of those lines from G M Hopkins: "This darksome burn, horseback brown, his rollrock highroad roaring down", the inspiration for which, at Inversnaid, is only 10 miles away on the wilder side of Loch Lomond. Rob Roy country, and less than 20 miles from the centre of Glasgow. Heaven on earth!

The distinctive hill behind the distillery is Dumgoyne, northernmost of the Campsie Fells, always "my" hill when I was a laddie.

danthepoetman
12-13-2013, 08:46 AM
I know I'm biased Dan, but the distillery is a delight. It's very small - a five man operation - but it features a lovely restaurant with the burn just outside, floodlit and tumbling over the rocks. Always puts me in mind of those lines from G M Hopkins: "This darksome burn, horseback brown, his rollrock highroad roaring down", the inspiration for which, at Inversnaid, is only 10 miles away on the wilder side of Loch Lomond. Rob Roy country, and less than 20 miles from the centre of Glasgow. Heaven on earth!
The distinctive hill behind the distillery is Dumgoyne, northernmost of the Campsie Fells, always "my" hill when I was a laddie.
One day, one day I swear, my friend, I'll get there and we'll have a few toghether!

Stavros
12-13-2013, 01:03 PM
One day, one day I swear, my friend, I'll get there and we'll have a few toghether!

Just make sure Robert puts his hands in his pockets, Dan...

Stavros
12-13-2013, 01:08 PM
I would like to know what people make of NAS -No Age Statement- malts: to me it seems a marketing fad, as for collectors the potential to just produce endless labels is there. Jura have these different silly names like 'Superstition' -the name to me suggests avoid. I would rather have the age so I have some idea of the depth and complexity of flavour I might encounter.

Recently drank a Ladeig which was a special offer for £20, about all it's worth.

http://www.tanners-wines.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/w/h/wh070.jpg

danthepoetman
12-13-2013, 02:58 PM
I would like to know what people make of NAS -No Age Statement- malts: to me it seems a marketing fad, as for collectors the potential to just produce endless labels is there. Jura have these different silly names like 'Superstition' -the name to me suggests avoid. I would rather have the age so I have some idea of the depth and complexity of flavour I might encounter.
Recently drank a Ladeig which was a special offer for £20, about all it's worth.

I've had Ledaig only once, a good while back. It's just not on the market. I don't remember if it was a private embottling or the distillerie's. The younger brother, Tobermory, was usually accessible here, although we haven't had any in Quebec in at least 5 years. Tobermory is definitely herbal with a bit of sweetness, quite light in body and soul. The Ledaig was similar but a bit peatier. They're produce on the island of Mull but neither has the characteristic flavors of island whiskies.

As you know, Stavros, to call it a whisky, they have to age it at least 3 years. Most whiskies without age statement are young, but pretty rarely under 8 years. None are complex, but some are quite nice. I like a lot as an aperitive the Tamdhu, for instance, less expensive than many, quite simple with a twist of olive on the palate. Cute. It's embottled at around 8 years.
On the other hand, some bigger distilleries with good reputation will often, like Bowmore or Glenmorangie, will produce bottles with different names usually for different types of experiments or wood finish. Many purist dislike these products but some are really good. We were talking for instance, Robert Louis and I, on this thread, about the Ardbeg Ugedail. The Ugedail doesn't have any age mark because it would have to write the age of the youngest whisky in the mix, which would be 14 or 15 years. But they chose not to, as some of the whisky that makes the composition are 25 years of age. So they brand it as a special bottling with a special name and make of it a cask strenght, or very close to it, which is in fashion with the connaisseurs right now, almost uncut with water at 54% alcohol volume. And it's an absolute delight! Ardbeg now does the same with several types of embottling.
So in the end, there are no real rules. Going with the well renowned distilleries is always a good idea, whatever their products are.

If I might suggest something to you, Stavros, if you like the same type of lighter whisky, something not too influenced either by sherry or peat, the Cragganmore, even at only 12 years of age, is an incredibly complex and delightful whisky. There are layers upon layers of taste to that dram, fruit, flowers, herbs, all that on dry mode with a real sense of stony spring water on the tongue. It so complex and subtle that it's almost difficult at first to get the feel of it; then, with each new glass, you start to discover the flavors. And it's amazing: you keep discovering new things about that whisky over and over again. It's really worth the experience. It's in the same range of taste as the Dalwhinnie but oh! soooo much more complex.
http://whiskeygoldmine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/cragganmore-12-year-single-malt-scotch.jpg

kebertxela
12-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Heroin for me any day (as long as there are no consequences). I absolutely HATE drinking. It is a poison to my body and leaves me hungover and feeling horrible.

As for the heroin...I was an IV heroin addict for quite a few years. It ruined my life. I did stuff I never even thought I would do to get it. Why did I do these horrible things to keep using? There is no question a lot of it had to do with keeping the withdrawal away, but another reason I used heroin is that it feels soooo fucking good! It is like being wrapped up in God's warmest, softest blanket. Every problem in life just fades away. Every pain in your body melts away leaving behind a warm glow of pleasure in every cell.

Alcohol...makes me act like an idiot and then I throw up and feel like shit.

Stavros
12-13-2013, 04:03 PM
If I might suggest something to you, Stavros, if you like the same type of lighter whisky, something not too influenced either by sherry or peat, the Cragganmore, even at only 12 years of age, is an incredibly complex and delightful whisky.

I actually prefer the heavy, darker, dreamier Malts, with peat and smoke -Lagavulin as old as possible, ditto Caol Ila and Talisker as these are my favourites but there are just so many I haven't tried.

trish
12-13-2013, 04:37 PM
My shelf is never without a bottle of Lagavulin. I always make sure it's replaced before the last two fingers are poured.

danthepoetman
12-13-2013, 05:38 PM
These are all great whiskies. I share your enthousiasm. Lagavulin 16, Caol Ila, Talisker, Highland park too, Laphroaig, Ardbeg are all fabulous beverages!

speedking59
12-13-2013, 09:40 PM
i don't think there is a mood altering substance on earth that i haven't tried at some time or the other. i've probably forgotten more about drugs than most people ever discover. alcohol was my main drug of choice at the end of my substance career. i was fond of Irish whiskeys. as to the question, if money was no object i would choose heroin. in my opinion it is not as physically damaging as alcohol. it's usually the lifestyle (scrambling to get money to cop, etc.) that kills one, not the drug itself.

Stavros
12-13-2013, 10:43 PM
i don't think there is a mood altering substance on earth that i haven't tried at some time or the other. i've probably forgotten more about drugs than most people ever discover. alcohol was my main drug of choice at the end of my substance career. i was fond of Irish whiskeys. as to the question, if money was no object i would choose heroin. in my opinion it is not as physically damaging as alcohol. it's usually the lifestyle (scrambling to get money to cop, etc.) that kills one, not the drug itself.

Sorry mate, but the truth is both can be equally destructive so to choose one over the other is like preferring a firing squad to a hanging. Many, many years ago I worked in the casualty dept of a hospital and saw people die from an overdose of heroin. I also saw a woman vomit up blood -and whatever else was left in her insides- quite literally by the bucketful until she died, having been told in advance that if she had another bottle of whisky her stomach wall would collapse and her life with it. So she did it. I don't know if you have ever seen someone's insides belching out into a yellow bucket. Once was enough.

A wee dram after dinner is to my mind civilised and life enhancing; opening the bottle at 10am is not. Sticking needles into one's arm for pleasure, or 'chasing the dragon' is of mythical value -in the long run we are all dead, why rush out to meet it?

bluesoul
12-13-2013, 10:58 PM
I also saw a woman vomit up blood -and whatever else was left in her insides- quite literally by the bucketful until she died, having been told in advance that if she had another bottle of whisky her stomach wall would collapse and her life with it. So she did it.

was she hot though?

Stavros
12-14-2013, 05:35 AM
was she hot though?

The point is that there is a reason why the word 'abuse' is attached to drug and alcohol. The woman in question had obviously replaced her problems with an addiction to alcohol that left her in her early 60s with a body that had the consistency of a wafer; a bottle of scotch destroyed it. The mere sound of the vomiting has remained with me ever since. There was a hot overdose, a blonde woman who had been in and out of casualty at least three or four times in a year. One time she ran out and tried to throw herself under a bus. She was about 35 and had a great body but an incurable drug habit. I chatted with her once and couldn't work out what it was that had made it impossible for her to cope with life like others do, even in difficult circumstances. She came in one Sunday afternoon and we watched her die as the physics did what they could. Tragic waste. Heroin, Whisky, gambling -addictive behaviour has a cause -and an effect. Some people can live through it -Keith Richards is a well known example; Jimmy Connors has admitted to be addicted to gambling. To see the victims lying dead is, nevertheless, a sobering experience -from it I moderated my drinking and now consider it a pleasure not a problem.

danthepoetman
12-14-2013, 06:39 AM
Heroin is still pretty expensive. But there's a new unexpensive drug on the market that tends to replace it now, in North America, with poorer people. It's called Krokodil or Crocodil. They seem to be putting some heroin indeed in the mix but all kinds of common household products with it, liquid plumber and what have you. Whitin a few months, the flesh starts to decompose from the inside, leaving huge dark spots of the skin. Then, the skin starts to melt away. Frankly, I've never ever seen something so abominable anywhere.
My point is of course, that booze is ok when you think of it. We had booze for centuries upon centuries and we still love it. Not the same with intravienous opiates or anything else in the range.
I won't post the pictures of krokodil victims as they're so horrific I'm affraid to traumatise some of you. If you want to have a look, go to the links:
http://www.ravenews.ca/en/read/2013/march/04
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/516897/20131025/krokodil-invasion-dea-drugs-enforcement-administration-users.htm
http://dybiz.com/sites_randomblog/russian-drug-krokodil-causes-skin-to-rot
http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/15642949/image/100891463-krokodil-strikes
http://www.disclosurenewsonline.com/2013/10/18/russias-flesh-eating-zombie-apocalypse-drug-hits-u-s-streets/
http://www.krokodildrug.com/what-is-krokodil-drug-how-to-stop-abuse/
http://guardianlv.com/2013/09/russia-heroin-epidemic-leads-to-terrifying-new-drug-that-rots-the-user-graphic-images/
http://local-info.co.za/news-items/terrifying-flesh-eating-drug-krokodil-has-reportedly-surfaced-us
http://guardianlv.com/2013/09/krokodil-devastating-drug-rots-flesh-off-the-bone-graphic-images/

bluesoul
12-21-2013, 09:56 AM
right now i'm sipping on some sour mash whiskey

i just did some more- though i'm chasing it down with a pint of newcastle brown ale.

if i could describe how i feel right now i'd say it's like tumbling headfirst into the sun's corona burning a long but thin tail behind me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaPnpS7bSnw

Stavros
12-21-2013, 01:59 PM
Does bourbon have an equivalent to malt whisky? Something other than Jemma Beam or Jacqui Daniels?

Dino Velvet
12-21-2013, 09:27 PM
Heroin is still pretty expensive. But there's a new unexpensive drug on the market that tends to replace it now, in North America, with poorer people. It's called Krokodil or Crocodil. They seem to be putting some heroin indeed in the mix but all kinds of common household products with it, liquid plumber and what have you. Whitin a few months, the flesh starts to decompose from the inside, leaving huge dark spots of the skin. Then, the skin starts to melt away. Frankly, I've never ever seen something so abominable anywhere.
My point is of course, that booze is ok when you think of it. We had booze for centuries upon centuries and we still love it. Not the same with intravienous opiates or anything else in the range.
I won't post the pictures of krokodil victims as they're so horrific I'm affraid to traumatise some of you. If you want to have a look, go to the links:
http://www.ravenews.ca/en/read/2013/march/04
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/516897/20131025/krokodil-invasion-dea-drugs-enforcement-administration-users.htm
http://dybiz.com/sites_randomblog/russian-drug-krokodil-causes-skin-to-rot
http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/15642949/image/100891463-krokodil-strikes
http://www.disclosurenewsonline.com/2013/10/18/russias-flesh-eating-zombie-apocalypse-drug-hits-u-s-streets/
http://www.krokodildrug.com/what-is-krokodil-drug-how-to-stop-abuse/
http://guardianlv.com/2013/09/russia-heroin-epidemic-leads-to-terrifying-new-drug-that-rots-the-user-graphic-images/
http://local-info.co.za/news-items/terrifying-flesh-eating-drug-krokodil-has-reportedly-surfaced-us
http://guardianlv.com/2013/09/krokodil-devastating-drug-rots-flesh-off-the-bone-graphic-images/

That Krokodil is something else. I saw videos from Russia. Made from everything under the sink and then some. Tell 'em Charles...

http://www.1800politics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Charles-Barkley.jpg
"Now only a knucka'head is gonna shoot this turrible, turrible stuff in they arm."

danthepoetman
12-22-2013, 04:11 AM
Does bourbon have an equivalent to malt whisky? Something other than Jemma Beam or Jacqui Daniels?
I don't know bourbon very much. Jack Daniels is technically a "Tenesse Mash", I think. They process the alcohol by letting it drip through a pile of charred wood (maple I think). One way or the other, it's all stuff made with heavy cereals rather than malt, and aged in new wood, so the result is a very corpulent, syrupy spirit. No offence to my fellow Americans, here. It's the hard drink of hard pionneers. But personaly, I stay away from it. The Scots have perfected an art that's unlike anything anywhere. It's the greatest trade or handicraft of a thousands year old people. The Irish have also good whisky, but they like it simpler, much less complex. It's usually distilled thrice rather than the traditional twice of the Scots, so it's much purer and more delicate. THen again, the Irish distilleries are scarced today, and very few still makes single malts. What we get from Ireland nowadays are mainly blends.

That Krokodil is something else. I saw videos from Russia. Made from everything under the sink and then some. Tell 'em Charles...
http://www.1800politics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Charles-Barkley.jpg
"Now only a knucka'head is gonna shoot this turrible, turrible stuff in they arm."
I forced myself to watch a few vids as the "tough guy" I think I am and I'll tell you, Dino, I almost vomited and had my heart in my throath for hours after. Absolutely disgusting and horrific.

robertlouis
12-22-2013, 04:31 AM

More like Paul Daniels, Stavros: small, irritating, and tasteless.

bluesoul
12-22-2013, 07:12 AM
i used to have a mad crush on paul daniels' former assistant and current wife: the lovely debbie mcgee

Stavros
12-22-2013, 02:02 PM
I'll drink to that!

bluesoul
02-07-2014, 12:06 PM
hey stavros. sorry i didn't clink glasses you with last year. can you accept this late check with a few dames to boost?

my poison of choice? glenmorangie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp1TX1BXJ4A

Stavros
02-07-2014, 02:57 PM
What an awful video, not least because of the introduction!! Talk about driving a man to drink...

top4bigbutt
02-07-2014, 04:41 PM
None
i ate caviar from my woman's asshole

Prospero
02-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Whisky.... Laphroig

Fu Manchu
02-08-2014, 04:34 AM
Yeah, heroin and whisky are similar.

Ridiculous

Fu Manchu
02-08-2014, 05:15 AM
I've never tried crystal-meth but boy do I love a Negroni. Idiot

MrBest
02-08-2014, 05:44 AM
ive never injected heroin but have snorted

Fu Manchu
02-08-2014, 06:04 AM
ive never injected heroin but have snorted
That's a good thing, that you haven't injected. Well done<sarcastic>
Heroin is selfish

sukumvit boy
02-08-2014, 07:09 AM
"Heroin is selfish." Yep , I drew the line at snorting.
I like to get high and have fun as much as the next guy ,but I try to stop short of death.
I'm not a big fan of very peaty Scotch ,usually by The Mccallan or The Balvenie.
Lou Reed - Heroin - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Ch4O7wmuY&feature=kp)
Lou Reed- waiting for my man - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64OqkdVCDHU&feature=kp)

Fu Manchu
02-08-2014, 07:35 AM
All worked out ok then..........

http://scotchhobbyist.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/p1000984.jpg

Good health

dderek123
03-08-2014, 01:38 AM
http://i.imgur.com/fIBvgLS.jpg

dderek123
03-21-2014, 12:06 AM
Thai people love their whisky

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1947841_10203552658039862_454672407_n.jpg

bluesoul
04-03-2014, 08:16 AM
i like that picture above. something tragically interesting about it

got a bottle of jack beside me that just gave me a few winks. "i think i'm down baby!". let's dance

http://i.imgur.com/AhIEw5f.jpg

Jamie French
04-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Tacos.

sukumvit boy
04-04-2014, 02:53 AM
Salvia divinorum - the two minute acid trip.
Salvia divinorum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_divinorum)

RallyCola
04-04-2014, 03:03 AM
my favorite whiskey...
http://www.glenfiddich.com/us/collection/product-collection/core-range/21-year-old/

i've been criticized by some of my snobby friends for choosing a macro-distillery's offering as my favorite but as a rum and whiskey lover, this has the perfect rum notes to it that marry with a lovely whiskey. i've drank many others but i've never enjoyed a better dram than this.

bluesoul
04-05-2014, 11:39 AM
going to have two (2) more drinks... let's do this!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxuk1ZgUq9E

bluesoul
04-19-2014, 09:41 AM
i'm three sheets to the wind, but still nowhere near heaven. maybe... in a few minutes then henry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUJoxfSfGlI

bluesoul
05-08-2014, 10:51 AM
great night tonight. my cousin threw me a surprise party and i did what you shouldn't do (what i did. don't ask).

thank you and let the yack flow freely

Marilyn Manson - The Dope Show - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R682M3ZEyk)

rockabilly
05-12-2014, 08:41 AM
Well did crystal and coke , hate needles more than Heroin Bob so Whiskey in a jar it be.

yourdaddy
05-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Heroin is scary good. So good that I knew I wanted more but was afraid to try it again. That was in 1969.

Lost an old friend to the heroin/Jack Daniels cocktail. He was a famous singer. What a waste !!!

bluesoul
06-28-2014, 10:55 AM
straight up... gotta chase that dragon (she smiles at you.... boy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0D4ekTODuA

Prospero
06-28-2014, 11:03 AM
A good single malt - peatier the better. Laphroig ideal!

Ts RedVeX
06-28-2014, 11:43 AM
My personal favourites:
The Famous Grouse is mild and The Jameson not so much but it tastes nicely.

vex
06-28-2014, 07:19 PM
Heroin I wouldn't go near it ruins so many lives.whisky that's a different matter...glenfiddich or liqueur glayva or drambuie

trish
06-28-2014, 07:26 PM
whisky

The Piper
06-28-2014, 07:29 PM
Nectar

bluesoul
07-03-2014, 07:49 AM
okay. tomorrow? no work. tonight? editing music with a bottle of glenmorangie. wish i had a couple of bottles of stout to wash this down but i'm actually trying to go to bed relatively "sober-ish"

on a sadder note: i'm already drunk and my girlfriend is making out with another girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD8BkIgp9Fo

bluesoul
07-19-2014, 12:16 PM
a friend of mine came over and brought a bottle of johnny walker black label. so- we started. mistake number 1

this friend then began to tell me why the film prometheus (that piece of crap) is actually a misunderstood film. he had good points. i was impressed. mistake number 2

i then had 4 more glasses of the whiskey. mistake number 3, 4, 5 and 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfwN0X8YnWo

Prospero
07-19-2014, 12:48 PM
lol.... you were right about Prometheus but wrong to drink that blended muck. Go for a single malt next time - Lagavullan, Talisker or Laphroig.

bluesoul
08-03-2014, 11:01 AM
i've a 16 year old bushmills malt going right now. outside, it's muggy like a gg's soiled underwear. inside, i'm cool and calm like a hindu cow. that's all. thanks for reading

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br6lW1Cn12g

timmartin
08-03-2014, 11:59 AM
I've never tried the Heroin but man do I love Whiskey. People get addicted to Heroin probably because they like it and it's good. Who's done both and which one is better? Regardless of the outcome of the vote, I'm sticking with my Whiskey.

Sober people need not respond. There's plenty of other threads to drag your soap box into.
Did heroin some 35 years ago last. I puked and nodded for days and wanted more.I'll stick with Glenfidditch.

Torris
08-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Gimme the sensi. Wash it down with bourbon.

Pretty much my nightly prep before watching Tgirl porn.

Better than Ambien

Torris
08-03-2014, 05:26 PM
Heroin is scary good. So good that I knew I wanted more but was afraid to try it again. That was in 1969.

Lost an old friend to the heroin/Jack Daniels cocktail. He was a famous singer. What a waste !!!
I smoked opium once. Every minor pain vanished and my cock literally tingled. It reminded me of how good it felt when I was 12 getting nitrous in the dentists' chair

It was so good I knew I could never do it again or I would be like Johnny Depp in that Jack the Ripper movie

bluesoul
10-19-2015, 10:13 AM
just poured myself a second glass of lagavulin 16 year old malt whiskey. make no mistake, this is a serious drink, but i'm also a serious guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_b-pu99ZV8

Laphroaig
10-19-2015, 10:21 AM
just poured myself a second glass of lagavulin 16 year old malt whiskey. make no mistake, this is a serious drink, but i'm also a serious guy

You have good taste in whisky (never call a Scottish malt, whiskey).

cassieukts
10-19-2015, 10:38 AM
True, Whiskey is Irish

You have good taste in whisky (never call a Scottish malt, whiskey).

bluesoul
10-19-2015, 10:43 AM
thanks for that laphroaig. i think someone once pointed that out to me but you know, old habits die hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Ve0gc72qg

trish
10-19-2015, 04:19 PM
just poured myself a second glass of lagavulin 16 year old malt whiskey. make no mistake, this is a serious drink, but i'm also a serious guyBought a 16-y.o bottle of Lagavulin last year on my birthday. Bought another this year. Currently I'm working on a excuse to buy it twice a year. Like Talisker too.

Lots of cheaper single malts are good though. Laphroaig 10 is one. Glenmorangie 12 another.

True, Whiskey is IrishI'll have a Redbreast, double shot, please. What're you havin'?

Laphroaig
10-19-2015, 04:48 PM
Currently in my stock cupboard are:

AnCnoc 12
Bowmore 15 (Darkest)
Bowmore Small Batch Reserve
Bunnahabhain 12
Clynelish 14
Glenfiddich 15
Glenlivet Founder’s Reserve
Knockando 12 (2000)
Jura Prophecy
Old Pulteney 12
Suntory Hibiki 12 (Japanese Blended Whisky)
Talisker 10

cassieukts
10-20-2015, 09:54 AM
A nice jameson for me please!
Bought a 16-y.o bottle of Lagavulin last year on my birthday. Bought another this year. Currently I'm working on a excuse to buy it twice a year. Like Talisker too.

Lots of cheaper single malts are good though. Laphroaig 10 is one. Glenmorangie 12 another.

I'll have a Redbreast, double shot, please. What're you havin'?

bluesoul
11-06-2015, 09:54 AM
still polishing off that 16 year old lagavulin. this is a serious drink, but i just had a serious spout- with the ol' girlfriend. decided to give my side chick (from brasil no doubt) a call for a little "what's hiding under your skirt" play in the garage. my lights are spinning as fast as my head so i'll see how many of these songs i can keep up with before she gets here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qglBm-N-Lnw

bluesoul
11-06-2015, 10:24 AM
another glass down. it's almost done- and then i'll switch to gatsby. before then she should be here, and i should be three sheets to the wind, so let me spin ye a yarn.

so back in my college years (a whiles ago), i was in love with this short haired girl. she was lovely, gorgeous like a summer air and lithe like a fairy. she studied dance. she invited me once to her place for- you know- dinner and that sort of stuff but i was young and arrogant and had stuff to do (in truth, i had to film a commercial downtown for a company but i found it embracing. she was so free- she never seemed tied to anything)

i'd give a lot to find out what she looks like today. whether she's still free, and lithe, and out-there as i remember. whether she's spunky and carefree and not spoken for. whether she's.... as dangerous as i when i first laid eyes on her. whether she still has the ability to steal mine heart simply with her eyes... and smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHEzyqhDASw

bluesoul
11-06-2015, 09:45 PM
pop quiz hot shot: what happens when you invite your side chick over, you get a blow job then you pass out and your girlfriend (on her way to work) finds evidence of said transgression?

you don't panic. instead you come to hung angels and post about it- preferably with a video. enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMueQRVqFBE

Dark passenger
11-06-2015, 10:20 PM
Jameson Irish Whiskey for me!

Dark passenger
11-06-2015, 11:29 PM
891124My type of whiskey

Legfetishnyc
11-07-2015, 01:20 AM
Herradura Suprema tequila and an 8 ball of coke.

bluesoul
11-07-2015, 03:07 AM
Herradura Suprema tequila and an 8 ball of coke.

now you're a man who knows how to have a good time

https://giant.gfycat.com/WigglyWigglyIzuthrush.gif

drongo
11-07-2015, 09:16 AM
Do yourselves a favour, Balvenie, Triple Cask, 25yr.......smooooooth as....

Laphroaig
11-07-2015, 11:45 AM
Do yourselves a favour, Balvenie, Triple Cask, 25yr.......smooooooth as....

For the price of that Balvenie, I would hope it's smooth!

My whole stock cupboard probably cost less than the price of one bottle...

Talking about my cupboard, I'm down a couple of bottles but have added a Penderyn Madeira Finish (Welsh single malt).

Stavros
11-07-2015, 11:50 AM
Although I tend to shy away from gimmick malts I confess I bought a bottle of Smokehead. At least I thought I would try it and if I didn't like it give it to a friend who for most of his life was indeed, a 'smokehead' (and we are not talking tobacco). The main consequence is that I am now sworn off gimmick malts, they may give pleasure to some people, but I can't see the point other than as a marketing tool, not least when there are classics which retain their status for that reason.

I am not a great Vodka drinker but I saw Tesco offering a half-bottle of Grey Goose for £10 and bought it, and must admit I was surprised at how poor it is compared to Russian and Polish vodkas I have tried on occasion.

Avoid this, it has 'character', but more street-corner than library.

Laphroaig
11-07-2015, 09:13 PM
I recently attended a whisky event where Smokehead was amongst those on offer to sample, but I can’t remember whether I tried it or not. (In truth, I probably had a few too many that day…:)).

Amongst the traditional favourites, there were two revelations (for me anyway).

The first was the Japanese Suntory Hibiki 17. A stunning, smooth, blend that more than held its own amongst the single malts and gives me great hopes for its 12 year old younger sibling, which I have a bottle of. Unfortunately, that wasn’t available to try.

http://whisky.suntory.com/age-gate/

The second were several whisky’s from the Mackmyra distillery in Sweden, which if I’m honest I didn’t know existed until then.

http://mackmyra.com/

Not an old distillery. It only started distilling in 1999, so the current bottling expressions are fairly young and as such carry no age statement, but if they continue to produce whisky of the quality that I sampled, then they deserve much wider recognition.

Laphroaig
07-16-2016, 09:50 AM
Currently in my stock cupboard are:

AnCnoc 12
Bowmore 15 (Darkest)
Bowmore Small Batch Reserve
Bunnahabhain 12
Clynelish 14
Glenfiddich 15
Glenlivet Founder’s Reserve
Knockando 12 (2000)
Jura Prophecy
Old Pulteney 12
Suntory Hibiki 12 (Japanese Blended Whisky)
Talisker 10

Current stock:

Aberlour 12
Bunnahabhain Ceòbanach
Cardhu Gold Reserve
Clynelish 14
Deanston Virgin Oak
Jura Prophecy
Kilchoman Machair Bay
Laphroaig 10
Mackmyra Bruks (Swedish)
Oban 14
Talisker 10

I've got my tickets for the whisky fringe 2016...:dancing::banana:

http://www.royalmilewhiskies.com/viewindex.asp?article_id=WF13

peejaye
07-16-2016, 10:28 AM
I have a bottle of Aberfeldy 12 years in my cabinet, one of the best I've tried in a long time!
Also in their is a drop of The Ardmore, run-of-the-mill.

Stavros
07-16-2016, 12:08 PM
I have a bottle of Aberfeldy 12 years in my cabinet, one of the best I've tried in a long time!
Also in their is a drop of The Ardmore, run-of-the-mill.

If you remove your distiller's surplice and cassock -or just pretend to be American- Ardmore goes down nicely with a shot of Stone's Ginger Wine and some ice. At the very least you could claim it is a cocktail.

peejaye
07-16-2016, 12:16 PM
If you remove your distiller's surplice and cassock -or just pretend to be American- Ardmore goes down nicely with a shot of Stone's Ginger Wine and some ice. At the very least you could claim it is a cocktail.

Thanks Stavros, I'll give that a go later. :cheers:

bluesoul
12-16-2016, 09:55 AM
i've some whiskey, beer and smokes. i'm about to get turnt up!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDY786604PU

trish
12-16-2016, 05:52 PM
Bought another bottle of 16 yo Lagavulin for my birthday this year; but I haven't broken the seal yet. I'm saving it. In the meantime I've been going through bottles of Knob Creek Rye.

SpreadLove
12-16-2016, 06:21 PM
I'll go with whiskey ;) Never tried heroin and not planning to, to be honest ;)

bluesoul
12-17-2016, 12:37 AM
you are a righteous person spreadlove

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFSvdz4T7vk

Laphroaig
01-23-2017, 08:32 PM
Bought another bottle of 16 yo Lagavulin for my birthday this year; but I haven't broken the seal yet. I'm saving it. In the meantime I've been going through bottles of Knob Creek Rye.

Trish, your a woman after my own heart.:kiss: Lagavulin 16 has to be amongst the finest whisky's available anywhere at ANY price. Luckily I managed to pick up a bottle (and a few others) in Amazon's Christmas deals...:banana::banana:

Currently I have far too many, but I'm going to thoroughly enjoy reducing the numbers...;)

Aberfeldy 12
Aberlour 12 and 16
Bowmore 10 Tempest and 15 Darkest
Caol Ila 12 and Moch
Clynelish 14
Craigellachie 13
Glengoyne 14
Jura 12 Elixir and Prophecy
Kilchoman Machir Bay (2015 and 2016 bottlings)
Lagavulin 16
Laphroaig 10 and Triple Wood
Mackmyra Bruks and Svensk Ek
Talisker 10
Tomintoul 16

Gillian
01-23-2017, 08:40 PM
Anything but Islay malts for me ... ;)

IluvemHung
01-24-2017, 03:42 AM
Macallens10!

Stavros
01-24-2017, 08:10 AM
A recent article in The Guardian claims that the new thing customers want is young and 'statement' Whiskies rather than aged single malts. I don't agree and think it is just a fad, but I would agree that different Whiskies suit different purposes. A Speyside works as an aperitif or that first drink after a long day; an aged malt completes and should compliment a good meal. The Telegraph also had a video article last year on blended whiskies and I would not sneer at J&B on its own or with a chaser if one is in an American mood, or just wants something different, versatility being one of the joys of Whisky.

CaptainPlanet
01-24-2017, 09:36 AM
not sure why anyone would want to try heroin.

Shit i can't even stand whiskey. Vodka or a Beer.

Laphroaig
01-24-2017, 05:04 PM
A recent article in The Guardian claims that the new thing customers want is young and 'statement' Whiskies rather than aged single malts. I don't agree and think it is just a fad, but I would agree that different Whiskies suit different purposes. A Speyside works as an aperitif or that first drink after a long day; an aged malt completes and should compliment a good meal. The Telegraph also had a video article last year on blended whiskies and I would not sneer at J&B on its own or with a chaser if one is in an American mood, or just wants something different, versatility being one of the joys of Whisky.

I haven't seen that article and while I'd agree (and hope) that certain Non Age Statement (NAS) whisky's (eg Glenmorangie "a midwinter night's dram") are no more than a fad, the fact is that NAS whisky's are growing and here to stay.

In Japan, this is being driven by growth in demand and limited aged stock.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-08-24/japanese-whisky-is-growing-scarce-here-are-new-brands-to-stock-up-on

In Scotland, the same probably applies (but to a lesser extent) and is being covered up by some clever marketing, combined with some realism. We've been conditioned to believe that when it comes to whisky, older is better. when in fact this isn't always the case.

https://scotchwhisky.com/magazine/the-debate/9214/is-nas-whisky-the-enemy/

https://scotchwhisky.com/magazine/the-way-i-see-it/7768/the-age-old-problem-of-nas-whisky/

https://blog.thewhiskyexchange.com/2015/03/nas-whisky-diageo-speaks-out/

Stavros
01-24-2017, 09:19 PM
I haven't seen that article and while I'd agree (and hope) that certain Non Age Statement (NAS) whisky's (eg Glenmorangie "a midwinter night's dram") are no more than a fad, the fact is that NAS whisky's are growing and here to stay.

Thanks for the links, the Guardian article is here-
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/jan/19/whisky-aged-versus-young-fiona-beckett

I have tried Japanese whiskey and found it expensive and uninteresting, I think it was Hibiki but can't even recall it properly. If people want to buy No Age Statement malts and leave the aged ones to aged people like me, I am happy to take up the slack!

bluesoul
04-01-2017, 12:23 AM
i had a mighty powerful whisky in the village of hallstatt in austria called reisetbauer. actually brought some back with me as there is some "sentimental" value attached (blushes). approved.

also: r.i.p. alessandro alessandroni. good journey sir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMAIJFjlzOk

bluesoul
04-22-2017, 02:20 AM
i'd love to do something, that is entirely what it's like to masturbate, while looking at a picture of you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzjxs9FC1ZI

joesocalif
04-22-2017, 10:21 AM
Just smoke a bowl.

holzz
04-22-2017, 01:06 PM
Just a few shots of heroin can cause addiction. But one shot of whiskey doesn't make one an alcoholic. No brainer which one is worse.

bluesoul
06-16-2017, 11:12 PM
^^^ ummm what the fuck are you on about? are you a retard? need a bowel lil' doggy?

anyhoo: just back to LA. fuck. this place reaks of shit. sweetest woman i know came to meet me at the airport. i'll give you a hint who she is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSq8qL521-A

bluesoul
06-17-2017, 12:08 AM
"i stopped going to 42nd st when they put the plexiglass in the booths, so you couldn't grope and finger the whores." random guy

Laphroaig
06-17-2017, 08:21 AM
^^^ ummm what the fuck are you on about? are you a retard? need a bowel lil' doggy?

Normally I'd agree, but looking at this and some of your other posts last night, you were obviously either drunk or high yourself. Which was it?

Billy Blueballs
06-17-2017, 12:03 PM
Whiskey or whisky. And after that when the body and health starts turning to shit - straight to the good stuff.

bluesoul
06-23-2017, 09:09 AM
Normally I'd agree, but looking at this and some of your other posts last night, you were obviously either drunk or high yourself. Which was it?

fucked up son. end of line.

r.i.p. prodigy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoYZf-lBF_U

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/prodigys-effortless-swagger

whiskey. i'm... fucked up again

bluesoul
07-21-2017, 08:55 PM
a few days ago, a couple of mates and i went to a local boozer in ipswich and grabbed a few pints. normal night. nothing new. shooting darts and some crap and grab a few birds. then comes in this girl, and she lights the place on fire. who is she i ask? i got no answer.

so i go up to her and ask "who are you my darling? you just lit the place on fire" and she says "who do you think?" i never got an answer.

next chapter to this story will continue later.... stay tuned?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogypBUCb7DA

bluesoul
07-21-2017, 10:55 PM
i think she was scared. i would be. so i smiled again and asked "what's what your name my dear?"
she was breathtaking.

"nadine"

nadine. the name itself has such a fragrance and aroma of royalty. i couldn't help but be taken by her.

"nadine. would you like to join us?"

she flipped her long blond hair and starred at me. i got the feeling it was a no.

"would you like a drink?"

she turned, and arched her back to accentuate her ass. it was exquisite. she didn't say a thing. she just smiled and moved towards me.

reckon another program. we will continue...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__OSyznVDOY

bluesoul
09-15-2017, 10:36 PM
nadine. will never forget her. still have her number btw. didn't get laid by her that night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9FzVhw8_bY

bluesoul
09-16-2017, 03:01 AM
already having a few for you (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/15/movies/harry-dean-stanton-dead-actor.html?mcubz=0). thanks and goodbye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KLLkj84GAo

bluesoul
09-17-2017, 02:48 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/JoyfulBleakFalcon-max-14mb.gif

nysprod
09-17-2017, 02:58 AM
Dino was cool, I wonder what happened to him

bluesoul
09-17-2017, 03:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jqOkSZhNjM

Devilboy
09-17-2017, 06:04 PM
Dino was cool, I wonder what happened to him

Was just wondering that myself.

nitron
09-17-2017, 09:14 PM
Why not throw in weed , shrooms, cid, MDMA (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MDMA), chat, kava, etc, etc ,etc.....?

bluesoul
09-17-2017, 09:33 PM
^^^ because that is stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6sWUCHsYCU

nevada64
09-17-2017, 09:39 PM
Me too.

bluesoul
09-17-2017, 09:44 PM
floppy diskette?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNiuassKZvA

blakpadi
09-18-2017, 12:44 PM
Have been with both Devils for many previous years as I was in a traveling Band.No soap box,I've been sober for 16 years and enjoy my life today.I still have friends that still drink,drug and that's great,it works for them,not me...
I also have many friends that passed due to addiction.That was their path,I miss them very much but you cannot change people.Live your life how you want,if you need help its out there,if it is working for you-Let it Rock!
I don't get on a soap box,I'm just a survivor...so far,day to day.