PDA

View Full Version : Serious Post for the Festive Season

Caff_Racer
11-23-2010, 02:51 PM
It's not often that you'll get anything serious out of me, but I feel strongly about this, so bear with me please...

The festive season is upon us; you Americans are going to be doing the Thanksgiving thing, and around the world everyone is going to start doing the rounds of Christmas parties (at the office, with clients and suppliers, with your rugger/soccer/darts/cycling/etc. club...). And who says Christmas parties says alcohol. And that means that the amount of drink/substance consumption-related RTAs (Road Traffic Accidents) usually rises over this festive season.

So this Christmas season, please don't drive after having had a few at a party, because it's not worth it. And as images usually have more effect than mere words, take a look at this:

YouTube - TAC Campaign - 20 year Anniversary retrospective montage "Everybody Hurts" music by REM TV ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2mf8DtWWd8)

Driving under the influence is a crime against humanity.

TSMichelleAustin
11-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Good message.... Back when I was a kid my babysitter was killed on Christmas eve by a drunk driver. So sad but it happens a lot around Christmas.

Paige
11-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Yes-Good warning. It's a constant threat to everybody-never goes away. take care.