PDA

View Full Version : What Are Y'All Doing For Thanksgiving Besides Having Diarrhea Afterwards?

Dino Velvet
11-19-2010, 10:55 AM
Thanksgiving is the one time out of the year I see my Aunt and Cousin. The house is full of phony Christian registered Republicans from Palos Verdes that enjoy exchanging interesting facts about Sean Hannity. Many people here know me as a somewhat Conservative guy but compared to them I'm George Carlin.

When I get there the first thing I do is get a glass of Bourbon. I couldn't make it through all the BS at dinner without a few snorts. My Aunt is one of these people that acts so nice you know it's insincere and she talks about you after you leave. I might be guilty of doing that right now but still.

There is one thing that I enjoy doing when I go there. There's some kick ass asparagus that's served and I really load up on it. Between the Bourbon and the asparagus when I go off for a piss you can smell it through half the house. People have to use the "good bathroom" because the other one is out of order for about 30 minutes.

I try to be one of the first ones to leave and look for the right moment to grab my coat and make my escape. When the theme from Midnight Express pops in my head I know it's time to run the gauntlet through all the phonies telling me how good it was to see me and to keep in touch. Hell, if I actually were to call them to keep in touch they'd let it go to voice mail.

Man, I used to love the holidays when I was a kid and my parents were still alive but they're Hell on Earth now.

dlbi22
11-19-2010, 12:01 PM
JETS game baby

Dino Velvet
11-20-2010, 11:24 AM
My dad was from Detroit so I'm a Lions fan every Thanksgiving.

http://blog.mlive.com/news/baycity_impact/2008/12/large_detroit-lionsmlive.jpg

Star Angel 86
11-20-2010, 03:07 PM
My dad was from Detroit so I'm a Lions fan every Thanksgiving.

http://blog.mlive.com/news/baycity_impact/2008/12/large_detroit-lionsmlive.jpg

I was originally born in Detroit so I pull for the Lions.I haven't been there since I was 6 years old.
Now for Thanksgiving will be aunt arriving from Houston,Tx.
My uncle will be arriving from some small town in Northern California.
The family and I we will be at my cousins house in Washington D.C. .
I'm for this event to get nice and plastered.

95racer
11-20-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm still in Detroit and won't be pulling for the Lions :-). Let's see, to do list for Turkey Day:

1. Hunting in morning. If I get a deer I'll cut one of the backstraps out and have it for dinner (fingers crossed).
2. Watch Lions get whacked or weather permitting play 9 holes golf.
3. Eat way too much food. Pumpkin pie w/ crazy amount of whip cream.
4. Nap.
5. More pumpkin pie.
6. Sleep.

FreddieGomez
11-20-2010, 04:57 PM
i'm workin but makin double time and a half, baby!

south ov da border
11-21-2010, 12:09 AM
debating if I am going to play in the annual full contact football game. Either that or sea world. As far as food goes doing the traditional turkey and dtuffing. Maybe some potatoes and greens. Will decide the sides by monday...

Dino Velvet
11-25-2010, 06:39 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Thursday Turd Rubbin' Turkey Day!
No Family Annihilation Please!

rockabilly
11-25-2010, 06:44 AM
Volunteer work then watching dvd's , post a bit the same ol same ol.

Dino Velvet
11-25-2010, 06:52 AM
Volunteer work then watching dvd's , post a bit the same ol same ol.

I'd do volunteer work except I'm allergic to hobos. The closest thing I get to what you're doing is volunteering to bus my own plate to the sink after I'm done eating at my Aunt's house.

TsVanessa69
11-25-2010, 07:45 AM
Me and my grilfriends are cooking early then going to see Burlesque.
Imagine that!
10 spanish trannys invading a theater!!

runround04
11-25-2010, 07:57 AM
Hopefully, not a dam thing....

dlbi22
11-25-2010, 08:34 AM
Jets game baby