PDA

View Full Version : Pat-Down

african1
11-17-2010, 06:53 AM
YouTube - Pat-down procedures (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrq86qV2x2s&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh+div-1r-6-HM)

GrimFusion
11-19-2010, 12:13 AM
Fuck. Can no one else see that adding more security is just an exponentially losing battle? As tax payers, we're pouring millions of dollars into airport security. Do these security guards provide "happy endings"? No? Then it's not worth my money.

Where are all of these terrorists who keep getting caught on a weekly basis? I mean, where's all the payoff of the security and protection? I'm not saying we don't need to protect ourselves as a country after 9/11. I'm just saying that this whole thing is going overboard.

You might be of the opinion "well, I don't do anything wrong. I don't care if I'm stuck in the airport for two hours because the security check takes well over 20 minutes". Keep standing in that line, buddy. As far as I'm concerned, there's a limit to the effectiveness of all of these security checks. Adding more simply ensures that people who aren't a threat are treated like crap and inconvenienced, and only works to possibly sort terrorists who have already passed through every previous check... which is a dramatically tall order.

Again; where is the payoff here? A country with the military power of America shouldn't be cowarding behind security measures. Electing to have our rights as Americans removed is a pussy move. Where was the aggressiveness of a scorned country after 9/11? Oh, right... in Iraq. That doesn't make a fuck ton of sense.

It'd be nice if there was some sense of patriotism left today. I don't think that as a country we can work together anymore. No matter how righteous or needed a bill may be, there's usually 10 lobbyist and special interest groups throwing money at it's demise. The coastal democrats hate the middle-state republicans... nobody can agree on a damn thing anymore.

I just don't understand how much more it's going to take before people start realizing the government is going too far on this whole anti-terrorism shit and we're funding it all.

Taskmaster
11-27-2010, 06:56 PM
The pat down procedure is basically used as the alternative for those that don't want to go through X-ray scanners.

And how did those scanners get there? You guessed it! Lobbyists!

We need to keep on complaining and boycott whenever possible. As soon as the bottom line of the airlines companies get affected they will push back to get rid of the scanners.

Always follow the money...