PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: Black Ops

bte
11-12-2010, 07:43 PM
I bought the game last night and was playing the mulitplayer online. Great game. Although whats up with people not having their mics on? I got the game on XBL and its really the first game that I have played on XBL. I normally play on PSN where everyone has their mic on.

JerseyMike
11-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Too many annoying kids with mics so why bother having one if all you hear is crapy music and kids screaming.

AlwaysAda
11-12-2010, 08:50 PM
im gonna get this game.. and ill be talking shit the whole time..

bte
11-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Too many annoying kids with mics so why bother having one if all you hear is crapy music and kids screaming.

True, but for people who like to play tactical (such as myself), I enjoy having the headset on.

bte
11-12-2010, 08:53 PM
im gonna get this game.. and ill be talking shit the whole time..

Hell yeah, I wasn't talking shit last night, because every time I kill one guy then next thing I know I turn a corner and get sniped. The RC cars that they have is annoying as hell.

rockabilly
11-12-2010, 09:03 PM
If you want to be tactical you need to find some friends of similiar playing ability.

Don't team up w/ "Rambo's" who just run and gun. lol

bte
11-12-2010, 09:07 PM
If you want to be tactical you need to find some friends of similiar playing ability.

Don't team up w/ "Rambo's" who just run and gun. lol

Yeah I know what you mean. Although to be honest, that Rambo style works too. I used another guy on my team, the guy got killed and I ran out and just killed the three guys.

rockabilly
11-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Have a sniper or 2 and use a "Rambo" as bait , when he falls take out the opposing team. lol

bte
11-12-2010, 09:23 PM
I use the machine gun in Black Ops, its pretty effective. The only mode I been playing is the Team Deathmatch mode so far. Haven't even touched the campaign yet.

rockabilly
11-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Don't they have scrambler grenades ?

bte
11-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Yeah I think they do. I mainly use frag genades though, so I think they do. This is actually the first COD game where I actually played the mulitplayer, so I don't know if they had it in COD MW 2.

hornybastard
11-12-2010, 09:31 PM

+1 and ppl complaining about other players camping out/sniping bitching etc...

rockabilly
11-12-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm exclusively a campaign player , Black Ops is around 8 hrs or so.

hwbs
11-12-2010, 09:38 PM
I usually private chat with one of my friends....I am ok at it but like my friends play god knows how many hours....I was looking at my friends stats from mw2 and he had a kill streak like 75 ...nothing was as worse as gears of war when it comes to shit talking....I tend to lean torwards campaign based games....

bte
11-12-2010, 09:43 PM
I usually private chat with one of my friends....I am ok at it but like my friends play god knows how many hours....I was looking at my friends stats from mw2 and he had a kill streak like 75 ...nothing was as worse as gears of war when it comes to shit talking....I tend to lean torwards campaign based games....

Damn kill streak of 75 shit. The highest kill streak I ever gotten was 18.

DarylWashington
11-12-2010, 09:48 PM
I have a PS3, I mainly use it for HD video and an internet browser. Last Call of Duty game I brought was COD2 for the PC lol, I'm not much of a fan of all these stereotypical Triple A Online Multiplayer First Person Shooters!

I'm waiting for that new Mortal Kombat & Marvel vs Capcom 3!

rockabilly
11-12-2010, 09:48 PM
They capped them at 16 in Black Ops.

hwbs
11-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Damn kill streak of 75 shit. The highest kill streak I ever gotten was 18.

Yeah its pretty nuts......he is always very high on the leader boards on cod and the halo games......I probably only play mine an hour or 2 a week....

lisaparadise
11-12-2010, 10:38 PM
i usually private chat with one of my friends....i am ok at it but like my friends play god knows how many hours....i was looking at my friends stats from mw2 and he had a kill streak like 75 ...nothing was as worse as gears of war when it comes to shit talking....i tend to lean torwards campaign based games....my daughter plays this game non stop it drives me crazzzzzy

MissBStar
11-12-2010, 10:39 PM
maybe i'll get this game today. People should be posting their Online Nick or whatever you use to keep connecting. I'm on PC Platform not Console.

Norma
11-12-2010, 10:54 PM
maybe i'll get this game today. People should be posting their Online Nick or whatever you use to keep connecting. I'm on PC Platform not Console.

The pc version is bogged down with lag/stuttering issues and a patch was released that did not fix anything. The server browser is crap, and it's very hard to find your friends and specific servers or gametypes.

The version that shipped as a $60 product, is no better than a heavily flawed beta version.

Best to wait for the appropriate patches/fixes to come out, at least in that time it might go down in price and/or others will be done it and sell it on ebay. Definitely not worth $60 right now. If you do decide to buy it, expect alot of frustration, unplayability, complaints etc.

MissBStar
11-12-2010, 11:32 PM
lol i guess i'll download the warez version and play campaign then

Ryz
11-12-2010, 11:44 PM
I bought the game last night and was playing the mulitplayer online. Great game. Although whats up with people not having their mics on? I got the game on XBL and its really the first game that I have played on XBL. I normally play on PSN where everyone has their mic on.
Everyone on Xbox is in private chat...
Im not getting this `game. The last one was all about gay ass combinations of perks and crazy ass aim assist that pretty much aims the gun for you. No skill required.
This looks like the same shit...

MissBStar
11-13-2010, 12:39 AM
if you got no one to talk to join a clan\guild.. or whatever they call it for COD. Especially if you're a competitive gamer. We should all get it for the same platform and form Clan HungDevils =P

bte
11-13-2010, 12:42 AM
They capped them at 16 in Black Ops.

I was talking about another FPS that I play. I think the highest I went in Black Ops so far is 5.

bte
11-13-2010, 12:43 AM
Everyone on Xbox is in private chat...
Im not getting this `game. The last one was all about gay ass combinations of perks and crazy ass aim assist that pretty much aims the gun for you. No skill required.
This looks like the same shit...

Didn't play the MW2 multiplayer, but I did hear that the quick scope is gone from Black Ops. If that is what you are referring to.

pasta2000
11-13-2010, 12:53 AM
I have a PS3, I mainly use it for HD video and an internet browser. Last Call of Duty game I brought was COD2 for the PC lol, I'm not much of a fan of all these stereotypical Triple A Online Multiplayer First Person Shooters!

I'm waiting for that new Mortal Kombat & Marvel vs Capcom 3!

Better than shooting people in real life!

hwbs
11-13-2010, 01:51 AM
I have a pretty good rig but a lot of these games u need like a system that is like 3 or 4 grand to play at high settings with no lag...plus I am a special needs child and I hate keyboard and mouse games lol

DarylWashington
11-13-2010, 03:40 AM
Better than shooting people in real life!

I rather bust caps in nigga's asses for real nigga!

kilakali
11-13-2010, 03:47 AM
The spawing is horrible with maps like Nuke town. I was on a 7 killstreak on that map then the enemy re-spawns right behind me and gunned me down....

MissBStar
11-13-2010, 03:57 AM
The spawing is horrible with maps like Nuke town. I was on a 7 killstreak on that map then the enemy re-spawns right behind me and gunned me down....

Maybe the game has a design that when you get a long streak it will spawn someone behind you. Memorize the board and walk backwards ROFL

I used to be able to run stages in Halo Backwards haha ugh

MissBStar
11-13-2010, 03:57 AM
I rather bust caps in nigga's asses for real nigga!

what? That's not very nice =(

Ryz
11-13-2010, 04:08 AM
Maybe the game has a design that when you get a long streak it will spawn someone behind you. Memorize the board and walk backwards ROFL

I used to be able to run stages in Halo Backwards haha ugh

Nope, the game is just badly designed

rockabilly
11-13-2010, 04:11 AM
I rather bust nuts in nigga's asses for real nigga!

Fixed it for you.

rockabilly
11-13-2010, 04:12 AM

Badly designed by Treyarch.

MissBStar
11-13-2010, 04:12 AM

I can't believe it only got 2 stars on Amazon =X I mean wow....... Reminds me of half finished mmorpg's being released onto market

Ryz
11-13-2010, 04:21 AM
I can't believe it only got 2 stars on Amazon =X I mean wow....... Reminds me of half finished mmorpg's being released onto market

Like Final Fantasy 14? :P

MissBStar
11-13-2010, 04:40 AM
Like Final Fantasy 14? :P

precisely =P

diablito
11-13-2010, 05:10 AM

stop spawn killing!! :dancing:

daidone
11-13-2010, 07:17 AM
Black Ops sucks, don't waste your money.

BLKGSXR
11-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Heard this way too much so I opted out on getting the game ill borrow it from a friend who was stupid enough to get the game...that said, Halo Reach is sitting next to me bout to pop it in the xbox and see whats up with that.

The Judge
11-13-2010, 02:54 PM

Its not that bad. The SP is quite gripping in places but the MP is admittedly teh busted with squad chat and party issues along with erratic spawning. Treyarch have already committed to fixing them.

DarylWashington
11-13-2010, 06:46 PM

Game Informer gave it a 9, same old game, like Modern Warfare but in 1968.

diablito
11-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Game Informer gave it a 9, same old game, like Modern Warfare but in 1968.

MP5k didn't exist in 68'... LOL

MissBStar
11-14-2010, 03:01 AM

hahaha Shut... up..... I totally thought it did.

You learn something new everyday

runround04
11-14-2010, 06:58 AM

MP5 was made in 66' the K variant came out in '76 for concealed carry under a suit jacket:)

diablito
11-14-2010, 08:25 PM
MP5 was made in 66' the K variant came out in '76 for concealed carry under a suit jacket:)

that's why I specified the "K"... also, Im sure it was developed for CQB before hiding under a suit jacket!! lol

DarylWashington
11-17-2010, 04:38 AM
My PS3 username - DarylWashington7

Ryz
11-17-2010, 04:39 AM
My PS3 username - DarylWashington7

Add me Ryz69
We can run some streetfighter

lisaparadise
11-17-2010, 04:48 AM
Add me Ryz69
We can run some streetfightermy 13 year old plays fort hours she would kick your ass lol

DarylWashington
11-17-2010, 05:05 AM
Add me Ryz69
We can run some streetfighter

Added :) time to get your ass whipped!

D'yer Mak'er
11-17-2010, 08:41 AM
I'm addicted to Pentagon zombies.
I got in a lobby with a random guy that stuck around for a while, and we were managing to get to round 14 and 15 when we got teammates that would cooperate with a little bit of teamwork. Unfortunately, more often than not they were just run and gun douchebags who would get us fucked up in a few rounds.
I love hearing the characters speak though. Whoever voiced Castro did horribly, but it's still so entertaining.
I haven't been in real multiplayer yet, just combat training. But I doubt I'll go back to the clusterfuck that MW2 became.

CaptainPlanet
11-17-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm addicted to Pentagon zombies.
I got in a lobby with a random guy that stuck around for a while, and we were managing to get to round 14 and 15 when we got teammates that would cooperate with a little bit of teamwork. Unfortunately, more often than not they were just run and gun douchebags who would get us fucked up in a few rounds.
I love hearing the characters speak though. Whoever voiced Castro did horribly, but it's still so entertaining.
I haven't been in real multiplayer yet, just combat training. But I doubt I'll go back to the clusterfuck that MW2 became.

Ya i love Zombies as well, i been so stuck with that and Free For all i havnt touched campaign, Online is so much more fun.