PDA

View Full Version : Will someone please remind Brazil that they are..... uhm, Brazil?

PomonaCA
11-06-2010, 05:20 AM
What is it with these 2nd world savages that causes them to envy America so much. It isn't bad enough that they embarrass themselves by trying to be Europeans? Do they have to have a france-esque disgust for the greatest country in the world, too?

Besides, everyone knows that China is gaming the market. Why don't you go after them? I'll tell you why; There are no liberals in China, at least not for long. And as a result, China wins it's wars. That's why Brazil won't get honest and go after China. Because they're mestizo wannabe European cowards.

By the way, this isn't a knock on the people of Brazil, it's a knock on them and their country. :D

hippifried
11-06-2010, 07:44 AM
None of that made a lick of sense.

Why should Brazil have a problem with China?

PomonaCA
11-06-2010, 05:17 PM
None of that made a lick of sense.

Why should Brazil have a problem with China?

Brazil shouldn't have a problem with anybody because, afterall, they are Brazil and you can only go up from there. But for some reason they have a problem with America. And with the knowledge that America is the greatest, bomb-droppingest country in the world, Brazil should just STFU and go back to doing what they do the best (making coffee)

trish
11-06-2010, 06:20 PM
?????????????????????????????:screwy:screwy:screwy :screwy:screwy:screwy:screwy

hippifried
11-06-2010, 08:27 PM
?????????????????????????????:screwy:screwy:screwy :screwy:screwy:screwy:screwy
Yeah, I agree. But I still don't know what they supposedly said to rattle the crazy cage.

notdrunk
11-07-2010, 01:54 AM
Yeah, I agree. But I still don't know what they supposedly said to rattle the crazy cage.

Brazil complained about the latest attempt to revitalize the economy.

hippifried
11-07-2010, 07:04 AM
QE2? So? So's everybody else on the planet. Including republicans & Americans.

Coroner
11-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Not just Brazil but the entire South America. They are getting sick of American interventionism and forming lots of common sub-continental projects right now. While the US might be the most powerful country in the world, they cannot give orders anymore. The only US puppets are European governments (especially the British and German) instead of going an independent way like South American countries.

traLika
11-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Not just Brazil but the entire South America. They are getting sick of American interventionism and forming lots of common sub-continental projects right now. While the US might be the most powerful country in the world, they cannot give orders anymore. The only US puppets are European governments (especially the British and German) instead of going an independent way like South American countries.

Not so sure the British government is such a US puppet any more. Even the politicians here know that Blair fucked up big time by letting himself be bullied into going into Iraq and (I hope) they'd be VERY reluctant to make the same mistake again. Having said that, I'd like to think that Obama is a bit more worldly than his predecessor as well...

trish
11-07-2010, 10:18 PM
aw c'mon guys...come back...don't be like that...we're the most "bomb-droppingest country in the world"...don't you just love that?

hippifried
11-07-2010, 10:37 PM
The Fed is trying to prime the pump with liquidity. We keep hearing about all this cash in the hands of the big banks & corporations, but it's not really cash. It's not just sitting there because nobody wants to spend it. Especially with the banks. You still have all this junk paper on the books. It doesn't just go away. You have to either charge it off or palm it off on somebody else. Any takers? Of course not. A lot of it was gotten rid of with the collapse of all those hedge funds & banks, but the total dwarfed the GDP. So the Fed is trying to infuse capital that's immediately liquid. Sounds good in theory.

The problem is that this move has the tendency to drive down the value of the dollar on the world currency exchanges. In other words, inflation. The price of oil is already rising since it's all traded with the dollar. In theory, US exports should rise because they'll be cheaper in foreign currencies. The Germans are screaming loudest. As small as they are, they're the world's 2nd biggest economy, & it's all based on exports.

China can shrug it off because the yuan is pegged to the dollar. I can't help but think that part of this might be to force the issue with China. Everybody's been trying to pressure them to remove the peg & allow their currency to deflate, so as to recapture some of the market share they've gaind over the last couple of decades. I can't see them taking the bait. Even if it cause some inflationary discomfort at home, it's still not in theirr best interest to slow their exports. They'll probably increase. China's main comments on all this has been about the need for "currency reform". Apparently nobody wants to hear it, but it's hard to argue with success.

In Latin America, Brazil is the elephant in the room. In the discussion about "emerging markets", Brazil comes in just behind China. Their currency isn't pegged though. They're big time vulnerable to speculation. This action by the US throws a kink into what they're trying to do to grow. All of Central & South America is trying to expand their economies now that most of them don't have to worry about tin-pot stupidity anymore. If there's any concerted attack on the real, it might kickstart & speed up the push to create a common South American currency, on the order of the euro.

Attacking other countries for expressing their views is the stupidest form of hubris. Empire is extremely expensive, & they always collapse. In ths modern world, you can no longer count on the same kind of timelines as in ancient times. The Spanish, British, French, German, Dutch, & Ottoman empires all fell apart in around a half century. The Soviets came & went in little more than that. Instead of this incessant whining every time somebody decides to look out for their own interest instead of blindly kissing ass, we should really be looking at winding this whole thing down even more before it bites us. We're still the biggest economy, but we can't maintain that through force, & slight of hand just might not work anymore. Inflation might be good for our national debt, but paying it down would be better. We need to get out of the passe war biz, & even the war mindset, if we're going to be able to regain our competitive edge.

PomonaCA
11-07-2010, 11:41 PM
That has little to do with the chest thumping that Brazil has been doing since the fed announced it's new program.

Brazil expressing it's opinion on American policy is like a lotto winner trying to advise Warren Buffet on how to manage his money. No one is asking anyone to kiss ass but Brazil is in no position to roar about like a lion. They really ought to be tip-toeing and staying out of sight before somebody drops a house on them.

trish
11-08-2010, 12:53 AM
They really ought to be tip-toeing and staying out of sight before somebody drops a house on them.That already happened in the U.S. It was the closing act of the Bush administration. Houses started falling everywhere in the U.S. and crushed the Wall Street wizards who thought bundling and selling debt was so fucking clever. It was really a spectacular show of greed and stupidity all rolled up into one grand fucking finale.

...Brazil is in no position to roar about like a lion.Open your eyes Roy Horn, there's a tiger behind you.

PomonaCA
11-08-2010, 01:06 AM
That already happened in the U.S. It was the closing act of the Bush administration. Houses started falling everywhere in the U.S. and crushed the Wall Street wizards who thought bundling and selling debt was so fucking clever. It was really a spectacular show of greed and stupidity all rolled up into one grand fucking finale.

Open your eyes Roy Horn, there's a tiger behind you.

What was that? You wanted just to reply in order to reply? What happened to your science? LOL

trish
11-08-2010, 01:26 AM
You're the one who said I worship science. If I don't live up to your expectations, then it's your expectations that are wrong.

PomonaCA
11-08-2010, 03:51 AM
You're the one who said I worship science. If I don't live up to your expectations, then it's your expectations that are wrong.

Oh it's about you know. Gotcha.

trish
11-08-2010, 05:05 AM
You're going to have to sober up and then explain that one???

hippifried
11-08-2010, 05:55 AM
You're going to have to sober up and then explain that one???
Uh oh... You used the dreaded "S" word & got him all kinds of flummoxed.

PomonaCA
11-08-2010, 07:38 AM
Both you guys are just queer for my gear. I'm talking about Starbucks factory aka Brazil, and you guys are talking about me. It's cute, but creepy.

hippifried
11-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Nah. Insipid stupidity is a turnoff. you're gonna have to get cornholed by somebody just as stupid as you.

trish
11-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Looking back...looking back...ah there it is...Post #14. Post #14 was the first post in this thread that didn't address the original poster's issue. Looking closer...oh!...it was posted by PomonaCA! Pomona, you hijacked your own thread, and then tried to blame it on others. What a stupid idiot!!

So if you really want to talk about Brazil, you're going to have to get back on track and answer the objections hippiefried made in post #11: our economic policy has everything to do with how we're going to make good on those worthless derivatives and Brazil has legitimate complaint if part of our balancing act is to deliberately drive down the dollar, making our exports cheaper and stalling Latin American economic expansion. You're argument, PomonaCA is just silly chest pounding, "Brazil is in no position to roar about like a lion. They really ought to be tip-toeing and staying out of sight before somebody drops a house on them." Of course the houses fell on us ( because of Wall Street's greed and Wall Street's stupidity), not on them.

PomonaCA
11-09-2010, 06:25 AM
It's my thread and I'll hijack it anytime I feel like it.