PDA

View Full Version : Should we rebuild New Orleans?

tsluver247
11-26-2005, 02:04 AM
I know liberals out number the conservatives on the board, but I want to hear the poster's opinions on this subject.

Kramer
11-26-2005, 02:53 AM
Im conservative, if that matters. I said it should be rebuilt. Its a major city in the US and people love to vacation there.

kennbo
11-26-2005, 05:18 AM
As is true with these polls, it isn't an obvious yes or no. I said no, with reservations. I believe the ground is strategically untenable. I saw a satelite image of the outer islands taken before and after the hurricane, and it is truly amazing to see how little remains of these natural barriers. Extrapolating out 20 years, New Orleans is sunk, literally and figuratively. I think New Orleans should be rebuilt, just not where it currently exists. The spirit/heart of New Orleans should live on, just in a better location.

BlackAdder
11-26-2005, 07:00 AM
All the military engineers are saying the city will be more and more underwater.....so why rebuild it??? I voted no.

tsntx
11-26-2005, 07:19 AM
i think they should but i think they should be smart enough to do it a few miles back from the coast and let the water go where it wants and learn from all the previous mistakes

magic9inch
11-26-2005, 07:29 AM
HOW YALL MUTHAFUCKAS VOTE NOT TO REBUIL THE N.O? YOU PEOPLE SERIOUS

tsntx
11-26-2005, 07:32 AM
lol hows that saying go... "N.O. means NO!"

magic9inch
11-26-2005, 07:44 AM

N.O MEANS NEW ORLEANS. YOU DUMB TRANNY

NickTheQuick
11-26-2005, 07:47 AM
yes

chefmike
11-26-2005, 09:35 AM
I voted yes.

If it is decided, after ALL the "experts" weigh in, that it is in any way possible to save this great city.

After all, mother nature wrecked New Orleans.

America wrecked Iraq, and if you live in America, and ever have grandchildren, they will still be paying for it.

Legend
11-26-2005, 09:38 AM

N.O MEANS NEW ORLEANS. YOU DUMB TRANNY

Dude chill out,no one really puts a dot in that word when there meaning no. Thats fifth grade humor!

Thick_Bar
11-26-2005, 09:43 AM
I voted yes, but after spending six weeks playing down there in 1997, I can tell you that it needed to be rebuilt back then, It would be nice if all the people scamming aid would contribute, but that's not gonna happen.

Magic-9", Jen, like anyone else (and you too), is entitled to her opinion, lean on someone, or something else. Or, if you wanna make a point, come up with something better than "you dumb tranny". We're here because of these girls. Thanks.

BlackAdder
11-26-2005, 11:09 AM
LOL...Jen has more intelligence in one toe then you will your entire life.

tsluver247
11-26-2005, 07:15 PM
Though I would want people from New Orleans to get their homes back, I do not think it is wise in the long run. Most of the city is below sea level and water levels in the Gulf have been rising over the years. Rebuilding the levies to a category 3 level will cost money, but rebuilding for a category 5 level will be in the billions. Rebuilding New Orleans will cost billions, but I believe another big storm will hit New Orleans again in the next 100 years and we will be back to square one again. According to an earth science expert 60 years from now 60% of New Orleans will be under the sea based on the water levels raising at current rates. I believe they should rebuild New Orleans elsewhere.