PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on the elections yesterday

south ov da border
11-03-2010, 05:03 PM
what do ya'll think, how will it change things???

KittyFallon
11-03-2010, 07:53 PM
it won't. do mid-terms ever?

trish
11-03-2010, 10:34 PM
The House will begin a series of nonsense investigations into Obama's citizenship, whether he sold his prior seat on the Senate etc. There will also be a sustained effort to repeal the health-care bill, gut support for college students, turn back progress in opening up avenues for stem cell research, etc. The upper 2% of the wealthy will get their tax break and some minor program with expenditures two or three orders of magnitude less than what will be lost via the tax break will be cut to "balance" the continuing lost revenue. "Don't ask, don't tell" will fall by the way-side and along with it intolerance toward gays, lesbians and transgendered will find more support in Congress.

hippifried
11-04-2010, 02:54 AM
Oh, things will change. Some things actually got done in the last 2 years. Absolutely nothing is going to get done in the next 2 years.

If DADT doesn't get repealed in the lame duck session, then the courts will have to do it.

If the Bush tax breaks don't get sorted out in the lame duck session, every taxpayer could end up with an increase come January. Best anybody can hope for is a temporary extention of the deadline.

On & on... You need both chambers of Congress to pass a law or repeal a law. So it looks like we're going to have 2 years of the same kind of rancor & finger pointing, with no hope of any kind of result. I'm tempted to give away my TV.

yodajazz
11-04-2010, 05:43 AM
This idea is coming through me. Some poster was ranting about how business was everything, that government didn't create real jobs. But he said something about talking to "liberals and beggars".

My thing is that, I am for business too, but the botton line for business and profit, or money. It makes no difference to business to hire American workers if foreign ones take much less. Spiritually business or rather people can get greedy to the harm of others. The job of government is to look out for the general good, and this means regulating business for harmful effects, like unhealthy ingredients, and such practices as overcharging for services.

Any I am forming a song. Please excuse some mistakes. Its a basic theme right now. This is basically unedited.

zSHARE - America.mp3 (http://www.zshare.net/audio/823204480888e6b6/)

"America Dont Need Greed to Succeed" Yodajazz

It should play automatically, you do not need to download anything.

PomonaCA
11-04-2010, 08:08 AM
We're one house from viable numbers for a proper impeachment.

NYBURBS
11-04-2010, 09:39 AM
We're one house from viable numbers for a proper impeachment.

Impeach him over what? I'm not a fan, but he's been mild compared to the shit storm that held office just prior to him.

DL_NL
11-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Oh, things will change. Some things actually got done in the last 2 years. Absolutely nothing is going to get done in the next 2 years.
Agreed. Nothing will ever come out of a Democrat government in the US because whenever it looks like something new's actually gonna happen, everyone punishes them by voting Conservative.

south ov da border
11-04-2010, 06:45 PM
supposedly some stuff is supposed to hit the fan soon...

trish
11-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Impeach him over what?For being too uppity, of course.

TonyElay
11-04-2010, 10:04 PM
If whoever holds office in Washington doesn't deal with the fact that your unskilled, uneducated workforce can't find a job because the major corporations are setting up shop in China to manufacture goods to be sold in the West, nothing will change positively. But you can guarantee it will get worse.

BeardedOne
11-04-2010, 11:43 PM
If whoever holds office in Washington doesn't deal with the fact that your unskilled, uneducated workforce can't find a job because the major corporations are setting up shop in China to manufacture goods to be sold in the West, nothing will change positively. But you can guarantee it will get worse.

Speaking as one of those supposed 'bleeding heart' (Though potentially gun-toting) liberals, I agree.

*GASP!*

To take it to its next logical step: Who is going to buy all of these outsourced products in 'the West', if everyone's unemployed due to outsourcing?

Too many politicians and their parent parties are focused too narrowly on the =NOW= and aren't giving so much as a side look to what's waiting in the wings.

Yah, Coons triumphed over loons, but did either one of them have a plan for anything after November 2nd? I doubt it.

TonyElay
11-05-2010, 02:04 AM
Speaking as one of those supposed 'bleeding heart' (Though potentially gun-toting) liberals, I agree.

*GASP!*

To take it to its next logical step: Who is going to buy all of these outsourced products in 'the West', if everyone's unemployed due to outsourcing?

Too many politicians and their parent parties are focused too narrowly on the =NOW= and aren't giving so much as a side look to what's waiting in the wings.

Yah, Coons triumphed over loons, but did either one of them have a plan for anything after November 2nd? I doubt it.
It's the classic 'Chicken or the Egg' scenario but with one significant twist. If all of the dollars go to a country that doesn't allow reciprocity (wheather through trade or the ability to purchase hard assets like Real Estate or Businesses, like the Japanese did in the 80's) in the flow of currency, the country losing the physical dollar now has to turn the printing press on to keep things afloat.

At this rate, we'll all be gun-toters sooner than later...

BeardedOne
11-05-2010, 02:24 AM
At this rate, we'll all be gun-toters sooner than later...

Thank gawd the guns outnumber the cats in my town.

PomonaCA
11-05-2010, 05:43 AM
Impeach him over what? I'm not a fan, but he's been mild compared to the shit storm that held office just prior to him.
High crimes and misdemeanors

trish
11-05-2010, 06:56 AM
Yeah, right. :screwy

hippifried
11-05-2010, 11:41 PM
supposedly some stuff is supposed to hit the fan soon...
Like what? Republicans gonna get too close to the ventilation when they try to pull somethin' outa their ass?

El Nino
11-06-2010, 12:15 AM
Nothing big will change. It's the two-headed beast we are talking about again, after all. It was designed this way. Modern day Elections provide an illusion for the people that they still have choice. It keeps the sheep collected in a herd... Ya heard?

south ov da border
11-06-2010, 12:16 AM
not too big into internet predictions, but things are supposedly supposed to get bad here in the states soon, and Obama and all of the heads of state have left the country. Supposedly there's a nuke/false flag attack coming. Plus there's missing nukes reported as of this week. HMM...

El Nino
11-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Either way, I wouldn't be surprised, that's for damn sure.

PomonaCA
11-06-2010, 05:27 AM
not too big into internet predictions, but things are supposedly supposed to get bad here in the states soon, and Obama and all of the heads of state have left the country. Supposedly there's a nuke/false flag attack coming. Plus there's missing nukes reported as of this week. HMM...

Hey and I heard the headless horseman is on his way back, too. The times they are a changin

Ben
11-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Noam Chomsky:

YouTube - Chomsky on Post-Midterm America (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGqNNWC8dQE)