PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy Tab Android – 7 inches of Android tablet goodness

Silcc69
10-30-2010, 04:17 PM
http://www.intomobile.com/2010/09/02/hands-on-samsung-galaxy-tab-android-7-inches-of-android-tablet-goodness/

Looks nice now all we need is a price.

BlackMath
10-30-2010, 04:27 PM
i dont understand the point of the 7 inch form factor. the screen dimensions dont make sense for web browsing. im much happier with my iPad. obviously it is not perfect either, but its software issues that can be rectified. poorly designed hardware cannot.

javaikky
10-30-2010, 05:09 PM
Just wait till next year for the tab 2.

It's going to be running Android 3 which will be optimized for larger screens.

The version running on the tab and most other android tablets doesn't do larger displays very well. Be prepared for some graphical glitches, and some inconsistency.

fred41
10-30-2010, 05:38 PM
i dont understand the point of the 7 inch form factor. the screen dimensions dont make sense for web browsing. im much happier with my iPad. obviously it is not perfect either, but its software issues that can be rectified. poorly designed hardware cannot.

The smaller sizes are better for people that also use it for reading...normally using devices such as the Kindle...it also makes it better on the go. Different sizes are better for different things...some things don't make sense until you see them in usage- I thought the iPad was totally stupid until I saw it used...I still wouldn't buy one...but I can now see more uses for it.