PDA

View Full Version : Just Tried The Nintendo Wii For The 1rst Time...

El Nino
10-29-2010, 01:07 AM
It was just ok. PS3 seems to be superior in graphics, Network, games, etc...

Discuss

eddymunster90
10-29-2010, 01:25 AM
Of course the Wii is going to look inferior to the PS3 and 360. The Wii is basically a gamecube with an updated graphics cards and motion controls. Heck, even the gamecube was a bit outdated to it's competition, the PS2 and first xbox. Wii developers focus and the Wii/family/motion control bandwagon, while developers for the other two systems try to crank out some games with either great online play or stories.

Liver
10-29-2010, 01:26 AM
:fuckin: ps3 > wii

hwbs
10-29-2010, 01:31 AM
i have the 360 but if mine goes again i am rolling with a ps3 ...had a wii when it first came out....only Nintendo made games really good..most 3rd party games just plain horrible !!!!

rockabilly
10-29-2010, 01:47 AM
I reccomend getting
Resident Evil 4
No More Heroes 1& 2
Madworld
Punch Out
and of course Mario and Zelda
Those are good games on the Wii.

Mz.Brownsugah
10-29-2010, 01:58 AM
I love me some Wii, its the only way you can get my lazy ass to break a sweat.

stillies77
10-29-2010, 02:56 AM
Super Smash Bros FTW.

Norma
10-29-2010, 03:53 AM
i have the 360 but if mine goes again i am rolling with a ps3 ...had a wii when it first came out....only Nintendo made games really good..most 3rd party games just plain horrible !!!!

Xbox360 In itself is overrated, only because a bunch (a couple million)of kids, who have the attention span of a newborn maggot, want to be on xboxlive telling people 'i owned you' or 'i sooo rule' or are impressed by games that the developers take less than 8 months to pop out. Kind of a sheep mentality IMHO.

PS3, is the superior system by far.

Wii is ok, at best.

hwbs
10-29-2010, 04:00 AM
I don't really play much multi player..I am into long campaign type games..only one I played and was really highly ranked was the first gears...I usually private chatted with my friend..that way u hear nothing...

SkankyTrannyAnna
10-29-2010, 04:10 AM
Wii developers focus and the Wii/family/motion control bandwagon,.

What? How exactly is it a bandwagon? They invented it! They created a totally unique machine, going in 100% the opposite direction to everyone else. the PS and Xbox are on the 'better graphics' bandwagon, oh, and what's happening now? PS and Xbox are about to copy them with motion controllers!

Ryz
10-29-2010, 04:22 AM
What? How exactly is it a bandwagon? They invented it! They created a totally unique machine, going in 100% the opposite direction to everyone else. the PS and Xbox are on the 'better graphics' bandwagon, oh, and what's happening now? PS and Xbox are about to copy them with motion controllers!

Wii has a huge lack of third-party support though. Wii has 2 good games for like a year, while PS3 and Xbox have good games coming out constantly

bulldog
10-29-2010, 05:10 AM
Here is basically how it goes

PS3- Graphics design is their strong suit

Wii- Playability is their primary goal

360- Tried to find a balance between the two, may or may not have succeeded....

PC- Completely beats down the PS3 in graphics, the Wii in playability, and makes the 360 look absolutely rediculous

stillies77
10-29-2010, 05:22 AM
PS3...perfect for the sony ps2 lover/bluray player that plays games (which is why i got one)

Wii...Nintendo invented the NES for Family entertainment and the Wii is continuing the legacy of simple fun fantastic AMAZING games (See: Super Mario Galaxy)

360...for the Space marine, Guy who wishes he was built like Batista, Frat guy, 12 year old cocksucker, The "bro" if you will...and this is coming from a guy who loves his xbox but seriously thats exactly who they target...but my favorite game for 360 is Mass Effect 2...fuck it could be my favorite game ever, no joke.

Ryz
10-29-2010, 05:26 AM
PS3...perfect for the sony ps2 lover/bluray player that plays games (which is why i got one)

Wii...Nintendo invented the NES for Family entertainment and the Wii is continuing the legacy of simple fun fantastic AMAZING games (See: Super Mario Galaxy)

360...for the Space marine, Guy who wishes he was built like Batista, Frat guy, 12 year old cocksucker, The "bro" if you will...and this is coming from a guy who loves his xbox but seriously thats exactly who they target...but my favorite game for 360 is Mass Effect 2...fuck it could be my favorite game ever, no joke.

Its also on the PS3 buddy lol

stillies77
10-29-2010, 05:47 AM
...not yet it's not pal.

PomonaCA
10-29-2010, 05:59 AM
Forget about who invented what. What the real story here is is the brass fucking balls that Nintendo had to mass market something as revolutionary as motion-based gaming. Sure, there's been motion-based games for a long time. But for Nintendo to basically bet the farm on it like they did takes real leadership and calculated risk.

Even had they failed I'd still have respected them for taking the risk.

The fact that they are stomping their competitions ass by taking the risk makes them eternally bad assed businessmen. May the XBox Kinect and Playstation Move be castrated by the Wii like ladyboys on the front page of your favorite pay-website!

Wii now! Wii tomorrow! Wii forevar!

alyssaluxor
10-29-2010, 06:13 AM
i like WII it gives me good exercise playing tennis ;)

bulldog
10-29-2010, 08:27 AM
i like WII it gives me good exercise playing tennis ;)

Shit can I watch? I need some cheering up after today :/

bulldog
10-29-2010, 08:31 AM
Forget about who invented what. What the real story here is is the brass fucking balls that Nintendo had to mass market something as revolutionary as motion-based gaming. Sure, there's been motion-based games for a long time. But for Nintendo to basically bet the farm on it like they did takes real leadership and calculated risk.

Even had they failed I'd still have respected them for taking the risk.

The fact that they are stomping their competitions ass by taking the risk makes them eternally bad assed businessmen. May the XBox Kinect and Playstation Move be castrated by the Wii like ladyboys on the front page of your favorite pay-website!

Wii now! Wii tomorrow! Wii forevar!

The Wii is actually in a tight spot right now, with the Kinect and Move, they are actually BETTER versions of the Wii remote sytem, due to the fact they were able to use the Wii as a base platform and improve upon it over time without constraints to keep up with their competitors over it.

The Wii on the other hand, I have no doubt they can and probably already have a better version of the remote system, however....they cant release it....not without pissing off the millions of people that have already bought the basic system. So Wii's stock will probably continue to drop until the next generation console release, then who knows who will be back on top :S

PomonaCA
10-29-2010, 08:40 AM
The Wii is actually in a tight spot right now, with the Kinect and Move, they are actually BETTER versions of the Wii remote sytem, due to the fact they were able to use the Wii as a base platform and improve upon it over time without constraints to keep up with their competitors over it.

The Wii on the other hand, I have no doubt they can and probably already have a better version of the remote system, however....they cant release it....not without pissing off the millions of people that have already bought the basic system. So Wii's stock will probably continue to drop until the next generation console release, then who knows who will be back on top :S

It's already been released. It's the Wii MotionPlus.

caliuncut
10-29-2010, 09:46 AM
one thing i'll say is the xbox controller is much better than the ps3. I mean it fits in your hand properly....when i pick up a ps3 controller it feels too light and not as ergonomic.

Coroner
10-29-2010, 12:24 PM
one thing i'll say is the xbox controller is much better than the ps3. I mean it fits in your hand properly....when i pick up a ps3 controller it feels too light and not as ergonomic.

You mean, you like it thick? :lol:

Nothing revolutionary about the Wii at all and most of the games are not worth the buy, too. PS3 is completely superior to both the Wii and XBox.

sucka4chix
10-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Wii was a brilliant move to cash in on all the OTHER people in the world that really aren't testosterone driven entities! To me it's part of the massive movement to cater to people other than the typical male. But as a male, I'll actually go play tennis or bowl in lieu of playing Wii. What a novel idea.

aprilian
10-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Here is basically how it goes

PS3- Graphics design is their strong suit

Wii- Playability is their primary goal

360- Tried to find a balance between the two, may or may not have succeeded....

PC- Completely beats down the PS3 in graphics, the Wii in playability, and makes the 360 look absolutely rediculous

The problem with your comparison is the issue of consistency. Pretty much all PS3s play equally well, same for 360s or Wiis. Cant be said for PCs. First, to get that "beat down" graphics, you'll spend as much on a top notch graphics PCB as you will to buy a Xbox. Then you have CPU concerns,Memory size to be aware of. Then the ongoing battle with drivers. Etc,Etc,Etc.
I built a medium high end gaming PC for my boy. I like the Xbox.(now playing Halo:Reach---LEGENDARY!)

bulldog
10-29-2010, 09:19 PM
The problem with your comparison is the issue of consistency. Pretty much all PS3s play equally well, same for 360s or Wiis. Cant be said for PCs. First, to get that "beat down" graphics, you'll spend as much on a top notch graphics PCB as you will to buy a Xbox. Then you have CPU concerns,Memory size to be aware of. Then the ongoing battle with drivers. Etc,Etc,Etc.
I built a medium high end gaming PC for my boy. I like the Xbox.(now playing Halo:Reach---LEGENDARY!)

True that there will always be a price difference between PC's and consoles, but the same can be said for consoles and consoles, the PS3 comes in at quite a bit more expensive than the Wii, with Xbox hovering usually in between (depends on the model you get). And thats the exact point, for better graphics, you have to pay more money, same concept with a regular TV vs an HD one. Or an older style (CRT?) TV vs a plasma or LED or LCD

FREEFALLL666
10-31-2010, 02:08 PM
Wii was a concept stolen from another team.

Silcc69
10-31-2010, 03:37 PM
Of course the Wii is going to look inferior to the PS3 and 360. The Wii is basically a gamecube with an updated graphics cards and motion controls. Heck, even the gamecube was a bit outdated to it's competition, the PS2 and first xbox. Wii developers focus and the Wii/family/motion control bandwagon, while developers for the other two systems try to crank out some games with either great online play or stories.

That statement is incorrect the Cube had better hardware than the PS2. Nintendo just didn't out worthless theoretical limits like the other companies did.