PDA

View Full Version : The Princess Boy- What a different world it would be if all parents were this open!

www.tglovers.com
10-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Check out this video of a mother and father coming to terms with there little bot who like to dress like a girl.

I was impressed by the mother....but the Dad blew me away!

We need more men like this! (http://cerebraldiva.blogspot.com/2010/10/my-princess-boy.html)

bte
10-22-2010, 06:33 PM
I impressed. Most parents would not be that open.

Bunzee
10-22-2010, 07:07 PM
it is WRONG to expose this on national tv, not only is his mom obviously milking money out of this thing by writing a book, but she's also embarrassing her kid, who's too young to understand anything

this kind of thing needs to be kept under wraps until the kid is old enough to decide for themselves whether they want to share this with the world ...

irongoddess
10-22-2010, 07:35 PM
[quote=Bunzee;815645]it is WRONG to expose this on national tv, not only is his mom obviously milking money out of this thing by writing a book, but she's also embarrassing her kid, who's too young to understand anything

this kind of thing needs to be kept under wraps until the kid is old enough to decide for themselves whether they want to share this with the world ...[/quo

www.tglovers.com
10-22-2010, 08:04 PM
it is WRONG to expose this on national tv, not only is his mom obviously milking money out of this thing by writing a book, but she's also embarrassing her kid, who's too young to understand anything

this kind of thing needs to be kept under wraps until the kid is old enough to decide for themselves whether they want to share this with the world ...
I disagree. The problem is that its been "kept under wraps" for too long. It needs to be discussed and people need to understand that sexuality and gender identity are not one in the same.

If this was a little girl who liked to dress up like a fire man, no one would think twice about it.

ed_jaxon
10-22-2010, 08:38 PM
No matter what he chooses this kid will be supported by his parents and will be secure in his self image.

They fuckn rock.

www.tglovers.com
10-23-2010, 02:45 AM
Amen! We need more parents to love their kids unconditionally.

Bunzee
10-23-2010, 04:30 AM
oh so not one single person asked the kid whether he wants to share this about himself/herself with the world??? no one finds anything wrong with it? ... what if he grows up wanting to be a normal boy now he will get teased for this his whole life .. what if he wants to run for office?

LAGent4ts
10-23-2010, 06:41 AM
It would appear that the child is already expressing himself openly and might not understand if questioned or if questioned, may start thinking that something is "wrong" with him.

The fact that the parents are accepting and supportive of the person he is, may open other peoples minds to the fact that "normal" should have nothing to do with gender, but everything to do with how we treat our fellow human beings, with respect and dignity regardless of our differences.

Hopefully as he grows up and if he decides to follow a more masculine path it will not be an issue. Parents will hopefully have progressed to where these parents are, teaching their children through their words and example that people are people, all different yet in spite of differences, entitled to the same degree of respect owed to anyone.

Kids are kids and they all get teased about something as they grow up. He will deal with it just fine, as he has been raised in a manner that has fostered self esteem and self respect. Besides he has an older brother who I suspect would be the first one to explain what bad manners it is to tease his little brother.

I really believe that parents hold the ultimate key, with schools a close second, to our having a society of open minded and non judgemental individuals.

When you consider the way this family is raising their children and the father in the attached article (which is a re post), society seems to be much more open about discussing this subject, and that is a step in the right direction.

http://childrenshospitalblog.org/fat...en-speaks-out/ (http://childrenshospitalblog.org/father-of-a-transgender-tween-speaks-out/)

www.tglovers.com
10-23-2010, 03:14 PM
oh so not one single person asked the kid whether he wants to share this about himself/herself with the world??? no one finds anything wrong with it? ... what if he grows up wanting to be a normal boy now he will get teased for this his whole life .. what if he wants to run for office?
The kids parents allow him to dress up in little girls clothing....how can you say he doesn't have a choice. Clearly he has a voice and its one his parents respect otherwise, he wouldn't be allowed to express himself.

It would be easy for his parents to hide in the shadows and allow their son to dress up away from the public eye but what good would that do? Their are 1000's of other little boys and parents who are struggling with issues similar and they now had a model.

This family is an amazing family (IMO). I don't think being critical of the mother and the child for sharing their story is a fair criticism. Its the subject matter that makes people uncomfortable. The only way to make people comfortable...is let them see it and get use to it.

kyoJecours
10-23-2010, 04:11 PM
that's a lovely family... 100% brilliant parents and two smart kids. glad i watched that :)

PomonaCA
10-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Man I'm gonna troll this kid so hard when he grows up. "Hey man, remember when you used to dress up like a girl? Are you still daddy's little princess?" And then we'll all rofl.

amberskyi
10-23-2010, 06:00 PM
Man I'm gonna troll this kid so hard when he grows up. "Hey man, remember when you used to dress up like a girl? Are you still daddy's little princess?" And then we'll all rofl.

attitudes like this is why everyone is so freakin repressed

www.tglovers.com
10-23-2010, 06:04 PM
attitudes like this is why everyone is so freakin repressed
Exactly. This is why it is so important for th parents to speak up and speak out.