PDA

View Full Version : Laser hair removal..........

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
10-15-2010, 12:54 AM
just found out my dermatologist offers this

any cons to the procedure?

Odelay
10-15-2010, 01:01 AM
Is it covered by your health insurance plan?

Are you planning on becoming a professional swimmer?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
10-15-2010, 01:04 AM
almost everything is covered by health plan actually, I'm amazed by some of the things I can co-pay for....
swimmer professionally? no
but I've been told laser actually helps alot with ingrown hairs, something quite a few gents (and ladies) on HA know something about....

marissaaz
10-15-2010, 02:32 AM
well it hurts like hell at least for me, esp. arround the mouth and upper lip

but it really was pretty permanent i get a touch up once every 18 months or so now that im done w/it, its been just over 2yrs now since my last treatment and its time for a touch up, for me being fair skined and dark hair it worked well, i did have to have electrolisis on a few spots i had grey/white hairs

i did all of my body face,arms,underarms, upper torso, legs, bikini, all but my eyebrows(im scared to have the laser that close to my eyes)

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
10-15-2010, 02:53 AM
i was just thinking about my beard area

Jericho
10-15-2010, 03:08 AM
i was just thinking about my beard area

Thought we were going to have to start calling you JennyWalkerBlackLabel for a moment! :whistle:

hippifried
10-15-2010, 03:13 AM
Lasers have hair???

bridgetbbyxo
10-15-2010, 08:05 AM
def worth it ... got it on my full brazilian with smooth solutions for 99 a session... now no more ingrown hairs :)

TSLexiWade
10-15-2010, 07:12 PM
I have had multiple sessions performed on my body.. There is no such thing as actual "Laser Hair REMOVAL" - it is simply considered to be a reduction of the hair folicles, causing it to only be a "Laser Hair Reduction" - Hints the reason as to why it's a treatment that is usually repeated within permitting time. Now, I must say that it really is by far no bullshit when it comes to being painful, but after a few treatments, you get used to it... I took my mom with me to my last appointment & she laughed her ass off watching me lay there whining... HAHA! BUT, it's super quick - in & out and you're done.

I can refer anyone interested in laser hair reduction if you are in the Houston or North Houston, TX area...

Hope this helps! =) xoxo

sucka4chix
10-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Never had anything done and I think this might not be as big a deal now, BUT I had heard that it can be tricky at best dealing with darker skin because the pigment absorbs more light energy... just saying make sure they know what they're doing!

TsVanessa69
10-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Alot of guys use laser hair removal to control their beards. its not painful if you pop a vicodin 45 minutes bfore you do a session. The heat benefits the skin by clearing up ingrown hairs and follicules that get clogged with oil. as you get cleaner smoother hair free skin.

LittleGuy
10-15-2010, 08:45 PM
hahaha no real man would do this.

sucka4chix
10-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Alot of guys use laser hair removal to control their beards. its not painful if you pop a vicodin 45 minutes bfore you do a session. The heat benefits the skin by clearing up ingrown hairs and follicules that get clogged with oil. as you get cleaner smoother hair free skin.
I hope you take no offense, but tgirls are better than the local pharmacist- a plethora of knowledge and a cabinet full of stuff I wouldn't know how to get.

sucka4chix
10-15-2010, 09:15 PM
hahaha no real man would do this.
That's not true! A real man wouldn't pluck his eyebrows, but that's a cosmetic thing. I'd do some kinda hair removal for convenience. The underside of my chin and neck area grows useless hair that I never keep-- even when I keep a beard. I'd love to get rid of it permanently, but from what I've learned it wouldn't be cost effective, so what's the point. If I could do something to keep down my purchase of over-priced razor refills you bet I'd do it.

AllanahStarrNYC
10-16-2010, 06:40 AM
just found out my dermatologist offers this

any cons to the procedure?

I ve done my whole body with laser.

For you, you have to make sure they have the right laser and settings for darker skin because it can cause scarring, burns etc if not.

It is very painful, but you can request to have Emla- a lidocane cream that is applied one hour before with plastic over it-it does help A LOT with the pain.

You will itch like crazy afterwards-the only thing that takes it away is any lotion with tea tree oil.

Other than that the results if you are a good candidate and it's a good technitian are really amazing.

tsparisangelline
10-16-2010, 06:42 AM
I know alot of men who had acne and due to Laser Hair Removal they have clear nice skin now.

PLUS men need to do something with their backs, stomachs and chests

Hair their is sooooooo disgusting.

Odelay
10-16-2010, 06:51 AM
I know alot of men who had acne and due to Laser Hair Removal they have clear nice skin now.

PLUS men need to do something with their backs, stomachs and chests

Hair their is sooooooo disgusting.

Chest hair is disgusting? That's a new one to me. I've never had a complaint about that. Of course at 50, I'm sort of from an earlier generation.

christinafoxx
10-16-2010, 10:52 PM
Have the ice bags ready. Most expense part of transgenders life.

tsparisangelline
10-16-2010, 11:20 PM
Chest hair is disgusting? That's a new one to me. I've never had a complaint about that. Of course at 50, I'm sort of from an earlier generation.

Yeah, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that women who prefer hairless torsos (particularly the chest) are about as common as those who prefer pre-pubescent males.

Ummm how many women want to lay in a nest of fur?

EWWWWWWWWWW

BrendaQG
10-17-2010, 03:17 AM
I ve done my whole body with laser.

For you, you have to make sure they have the right laser and settings for darker skin because it can cause scarring, burns etc if not.

It is very painful, but you can request to have Emla- a lidocane cream that is applied one hour before with plastic over it-it does help A LOT with the pain.

You will itch like crazy afterwards-the only thing that takes it away is any lotion with tea tree oil.

Other than that the results if you are a good candidate and it's a good technitian are really amazing.

I second that advice. I had laser to the face every 6-7 weeks for three years or so. You have all seen my face at various stages so you know the results.

Pro: The growth rate, size, and density of hairs and total number of hairs on my face is such that I don't need to shave or anything else with any regularity. When I have to remove hair my method of choice is plucking.

Con: As others have said it is not permanent and really does not have to mean true "removal".

Con: There is a real risk of hyper-pigmentation, or dark splotches but those will fade with time.

Pro: Compared to Electrolysis which I have also had a very little bit of, it is less painful, faster, and cheaper. I also think laser leads to a more natural result. Look close at the face of a GG they are not 100% hairless they have far less facial hair than men. (Look at all the products at the drug store for womens hair removal. Who are they for?)

phobun
06-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Thought we were going to have to start calling you JennyWalkerBlackLabel for a moment! :whistle:

Laser beard removal today... tomorrow?

I call first dibs for when you get your pussy.