PDA

View Full Version : Transsexual teen commits suicide.

www.tglovers.com
10-11-2010, 05:31 PM
My heart goes out to the family. Do you think there's a surge in glbt suicides or is that the media is sensationalizing it because it seems to be a hot topic these days?

Anyhow...check out this sad story! (http://cerebraldiva.blogspot.com/2010/10/transsexual-becomes-7th-glbt-teen-to.html)

amberskyi
10-11-2010, 05:37 PM
smh.i hate people

bte
10-11-2010, 05:54 PM
I haven't heard this story yet, thanks for posting the story for us. In recent weeks, there has been a rise of GLBT suicides and crimes. I remember reading on my phone about how some gang members tortured and beat a member of their gang, because they found out he had sex with a guy. They then got the guy the gang member had sex with and tortured and sodomized him as well. You probably posted a thread about it, but its just unbelievable to me.

You would think in 2010 we would be above such hatred, but apparently we are not. SMH...

Norma
10-11-2010, 05:55 PM
:sadcry May she rest in peace.

On the same note, i thought The reporters were very responsible IMO, in using feminine pronouns and the name she preferred to go by. It seems that when any transgendered person dies, the news channels tend to over emphasize the use of the male descriptive terms and basically refer to the story, as a 'guy' died.

speedstick112
10-11-2010, 06:06 PM
LGBT youth suicides have gotten a lot of press lately. But it really happens all the time; lgbt teens are 2.5 times more likely to kill themselves than teens in general, and trans kids are 5 times more likely. That's just how accepting society is. The rates were probably even higher in the past, just underreported.

That said, I don't exactly approve of all the activism going on lately. Dan Savage is trying to tell kids that "it gets better" but I think that more has to be done to make it better, right now. You can't just tell kids to wait until they're out of high school because that's when the bullying stops. High schools need to be make safer, because not every lgbt kid has the option to drop out or go to a special school. I was one of those kids- I wasn't allowed to go on overnight trips or even use the washrooms, other kids bashed me in and the administration did nothing. After I graduated I sued the school board for blatant discrimination. If anything, kids need to choose to live so they can get revenge. Living well is the best revenge.

NotHereNotThere
10-11-2010, 06:09 PM
This person is NO more important than any of the other thousands upon thousands who kill themselves

toopretty
10-12-2010, 01:26 AM
This person is NO more important than any of the other thousands upon thousands who kill themselves

I second that.
but its relevant to this board

toopretty
10-12-2010, 01:27 AM
I second that.
but its relevant to this board

and the reason why

Caff_Racer
10-12-2010, 01:35 AM

"This person" is JUST AS important as the thousands upon thousands who kill themselves, simply because they are all important to somebody out there (parents, siblings, friends, etc...).

SunshyneMonroe
10-12-2010, 01:46 AM
rip..... ...

rockabilly
10-12-2010, 01:50 AM
Rest in Peace

bat1
10-12-2010, 01:57 AM
this is year 2010

not 1939!

I still don't get it.. WE SHOULD BE MOVING FORWARD NOT BACKWARD!!!

phobun
10-12-2010, 02:16 AM
"This person" is JUST AS important as the thousands upon thousands who kill themselves, simply because they are all important to somebody out there (parents, siblings, friends, etc...).

Well said....

Belial
10-12-2010, 02:37 AM
The weak must die so that the strong may survive. I have no compassion for lame-wristed weaklings who give up and commit suicide.

CORVETTEDUDE
10-12-2010, 02:41 AM
smh.i hate people

well said...I'm not very fond of the human race either!!! Although I do like shooting them.

Caff_Racer
10-12-2010, 02:48 AM
The weak must die so that the strong may survive. I have no compassion for lame-wristed weaklings who give up and commit suicide.

That has to be one of the most laughable statements I've read on here. People who commit suicide are not necessarily "lame-wristed weaklings who give up". It shows that you obviously don't know what it's like to be backed up against a wall, in a terrifying, lonely and desperately dark place and thinking that the only way out is to end it all, because you can't see any other solution.

I know. I've been there. And it's not a nice place to be. I still skirt that hellish place from time to time; I suppose that it will never be far away from wherever I happen to be. And fuck knows that I'm no lame-wristed little fucker...

fred41
10-12-2010, 03:33 AM
My sympathies to her family..
..Interestingly enough, there is nothing in the story or in anything she said that implied she was ever actually bullied...her mother said that she was accepted by most of her peers.
..I think the fear of potential bullying...and of future hardships to come might of been too much for her.

www.tglovers.com
10-12-2010, 04:10 AM

I hate this Darwinian rationalization. Until you've been ridiculed on a daily basis for who and what you are....you should remain silent.

russtafa
10-12-2010, 04:31 AM
This bullying of gays and transgendered is so low and despicable and these people that participate in this are cowards and should be arrested .Why dont they try and bully the crips or bloods or better yet the police and see how they get on

PomonaCA
10-12-2010, 05:25 AM
So when a transsexual decides not to be a transsexual anymore, they weren't really a transsexual in the first place.

But when a transsexual decides to commit suicide, they are some kind of victim?

The liberal mind is one fucked up place.

CORVETTEDUDE
10-12-2010, 02:28 PM
So when a transsexual decides not to be a transsexual anymore, they weren't really a transsexual in the first place.

But when a transsexual decides to commit suicide, they are some kind of victim?

The liberal mind is one fucked up place.

Ain't it though!!!!