PDA

View Full Version : What are you guys/girls doing for thanksgiving?

Legend
11-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Me i'm probably hanging out with my family and enjoying my time with them.Im not too fond of eating turkey though its kinda nasty to me but i do enjoy eating other stuff, but definitely not turkey!

4DegreesWarmer
11-21-2005, 11:51 AM
Big family get together at my sister's house. It's very cool to have a sister who's a chef. So yes, I'll probably participate in the gluttony eating entirely too much, be annoyed by the chaos of having 10 bad ass nephews and nieces running around, and then eventually pass out...should be funtimes.

LG
11-21-2005, 12:08 PM
I think every American should invite an Indian (or Native American if you want to be PC, although Indians rarely call themselves that) to their thanksgiving dinner in honour of how the Indians helped the pilgrims upon their arrival to America.

Or give a few dollars to the American Indian Movement (http://www.aimovement.org/) or the Native American Rights Fund (http://www.narf.org/)

I'd say you owe them.

Check this for more info: http://www.enjoyma.com/boston/thanksgiving.asp

Happy thanksgiving.

BlackAdder
11-21-2005, 01:05 PM
Being part Cherokee, Id agree with LG, heh.....Ive donated just about 2k to the Cherokee Nation, mostly for education. I think it would be awesome if families would start inviting the Indians for thanksgiving, although im not so sure from the Peoples ive talked to, that this would go over too well..

Brideshead
11-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Going to church, and spending the day with my family.

Ecstatic
11-21-2005, 04:40 PM
For Transgiving I'm going to my siser-in-law's house in the Catskills, then down to the Big Apple the next day to see my good friend Venus. There's a bunch of family shite going down on my wife's side which I hope to dodge as much as possible (her mother, 85 years old, has dementia and the situation is getting sticky with family politics).

LAtoNY
11-21-2005, 05:53 PM
Being part Cherokee, Id agree with LG, heh.....Ive donated just about 2k to the Cherokee Nation, mostly for education. I think it would be awesome if families would start inviting the Indians for thanksgiving, although im not so sure from the Peoples ive talked to, that this would go over too well..

Cherokee people...

Cherokee tri-hibes.

tsntx
11-21-2005, 07:01 PM
headed to the family thing fun funner and funnest

slinky
11-21-2005, 09:49 PM
I hear that all over Chelsea there will be young men down on their knees giving thanks for what they are about to receive.

chefmike
11-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Me i'm probably hanging out with my family and enjoying my time with them.Im not too fond of eating turkey though its kinda nasty to me but i do enjoy eating other stuff, but definitely not turkey!

I was gonna say that Gerber's must make some kind of turkey product that you will enjoy, while sitting in your high-chair...but I won't ....Happy Turkey Day, lad...

BeardedOne
11-21-2005, 11:04 PM
indians are cool, how bout people invite fuckin jews like me that never grew up with any of the fun holidays only the boring ass typical jewish ones (they tried to kill us, they didnt, lets eat)...

*Snark* :lol:

I swear I was the only kid that wasn't Jewish in the entire town when I was growing up. It was like living in a community-wide Stiller and Mira act. Merry Hannukah, Happy Christmas, whattaya mean, "Which New Year?".

"Your little Catholic friend is so thin! Eat! What's that on his forehead? Ash what?"

On topic: I expect...Rather hope...to be sleeping as much as the cats and the neighbor's roosters will let me. If that fucking bird lets loose at 2 AM, as he often does, I will have roast chicken for dinner. :twisted:

Caleigh
11-22-2005, 01:14 AM
I'm Canadian so I celebrated Thanksgiving over a month ago (usually there is snow by now so we have it earlier). I think my gf and I are going to go see all the fancy store windows in the city during the day and then go to http://www.cattyshackbklyn.com/ for their Thanksgiving thing. Inviting all our friends to join us there of course.

Sinister
11-22-2005, 02:07 AM
more than likely i'll be heading to my mothers house, the whole family is supposed to be getting together this year, which hasn't been done in a while (and anytime my family is together its like a bootleg def comedy jam).

Dkg
11-22-2005, 06:03 AM
hanging with family, what else!?

sorry for those who have no family to be with.

BlackAdder
11-22-2005, 11:44 AM
No shit.. I might be going to the cattyshack dig myself...all depends whos spinning that night...

Trogdor
11-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Most likely sleeping in, hanging with my cats, and trying to avoid going to my relatives.......a Polish thanksgiving is never fun.......just a bunch of fat women in ugly dresses, and nasty, artertery-clogging food. :P