PDA

View Full Version : Shooting on the streets of Paris & Fashion Week Time!

AllanahStarrNYC
09-30-2010, 02:30 AM
Ok so shooting on the streets of PARIS is a REAL show. Not only does EVERYONE stop and take their own pics and crowds gather to stare, I made the mistake of walking through cobble stone and the notorious Parisian streets in one of my 5" Louboutin Pigalles. BAD CHOICE.

In this pic we got kicked out of the Picasso museum, bunch on kids playing around us and then went to Les Halles where I almost got my Hermes JPG bag stolen by a street mugger , then we had to wait 45 minutes in the freezing cold for these crazy kids to get off the statue we wanted to shoot at. Can't wait to shoot on the streets of Paris again this week! LOL.

OH and

It's fashion week time!!! There are MANY fashion weeks in Europe but this is the most important- for the ready to wear collections that is. Can't wait for the parties, though I really don't like going to fashion shows.

Going to the Amanda Lepore Jeremy Kost show
and shooting with Jeremy again for his upcoming book!
Hope I don't get mugged again...well an attempted mug that is :)

Coroner
09-30-2010, 03:03 AM
Paris, nice. I visited my sister there a few months ago.

TsVanessa69
09-30-2010, 03:17 AM
I love the fact that you took your look to this level. its beautiful to see and is inspiring me to take mine to the next level.

TML
09-30-2010, 04:25 AM
did the gloves come with a sponge as well ?

AllanahStarrNYC
09-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Paris, nice. I visited my sister there a few months ago.

It's so beautiful isn't it?
Everywhere you go...such an aesthically pleasing place.

Coroner
09-30-2010, 05:07 PM
It's so beautiful isn't it?
Everywhere you go...such an aesthically pleasing place.

For sure. Itīs also a very crowdy place, at any time, 24/7. And donīt miss the Louvre. :)

AllanahStarrNYC
09-30-2010, 10:38 PM
For sure. Itīs also a very crowdy place, at any time, 24/7. And donīt miss the Louvre. :)

Yes...
My apartment is literally right next to the Louvre :)

First time I went was 5 years ago, and I found to see the Mona Lisa for the first time quite not what I was hoping...such a small work right?

Nonetheless it is SUCH an impressive place, as the original royal palace the scale is more impressive to me than Versailles, but Versailles of course is Versailles :).

AllanahStarrNYC
09-30-2010, 10:40 PM
I love the fact that you took your look to this level. its beautiful to see and is inspiring me to take mine to the next level.

Thanks lady.
I'm just having a good time doing me and dressing for me these days..long are the days of doing me for men and male attention.

AllanahStarrNYC
09-30-2010, 10:45 PM

Well no, because mine are leather not rubber-but not a bad idea.
But hmm, I will see if I can pick up a rubber sponge at Hermes to match the gloves :). Cheeky Cheeky

scroller
09-30-2010, 10:48 PM
First time I went was 5 years ago, and I found to see the Mona Lisa for the first time quite not what I was hoping...such a small work right?

I couldn't help feeling bad for the artists of the OTHER (much more grandiose) pieces in that same room -- ignored by the crowds.

Coroner
09-30-2010, 10:50 PM
Yes...

Nonetheless it is SUCH an impressive place, as the original royal palace the scale is more impressive to me than Versailles, but Versailles of course is Versailles :).

In Vienna, we have a palace that is actually a replica of Versailles. Itīs Schönbrunn:

http://www.filmfee.de/Event/20061107190727_schloss-schoenbrunn.jpg

But it canīt top Versailles.

AllanahStarrNYC
09-30-2010, 11:13 PM
I am DYING to go to Vienna. I hear so many good things. I have only been there on a flight lay over. Will let you know when I am in town for some pointers!!

Was it a royal palace?

AllanahStarrNYC
09-30-2010, 11:21 PM
I couldn't help feeling bad for the artists of the OTHER (much more grandiose) pieces in that same room -- ignored by the crowds.

You are correct. That whole room and the art in that whole wing is just amazing. But everyone goes to see the Mona Lisa since it is probably the most famous painting in the world, and most people skip the rest probably.
When I saw it, I was like 'this is it'? It sounds really bad but..I was expecting a much larger painting.

Wasn't it found in the kings bedroom at Versailles and that is how the Louvre ended up with it?

I do recommend the Musee Rodin, which is really one of my favorite museums in Paris. If you like sculpture and Rodin that is.

lisaparadise
09-30-2010, 11:33 PM
You are correct. That whole room and the art in that whole wing is just amazing. But everyone goes to see the Mona Lisa since it is probably the most famous painting in the world, and most people skip the rest probably.
When I saw it, I was like 'this is it'? It sounds really bad but..I was expecting a much larger painting.

Wasn't it found in the kings bedroom at Versailles and that is how the Louvre ended up with it?

I do recommend the Musee Rodin, which is really one of my favorite museums in Paris. If you like sculpture and Rodin that is.you are our monalisa babe if we could only get a frame big enough to fit that rack lol im teasin girl ya know i love ya

TsJennifer
09-30-2010, 11:37 PM
Love the Jeremy Kost photo. Its beautiful!

Coroner
09-30-2010, 11:52 PM
I am DYING to go to Vienna. I hear so many good things. I have only been there on a flight lay over. Will let you know when I am in town for some pointers!!

Was it a royal palace?

Yes, it was the summer residence of the Habsburg-Lothringen dynasty until 1918. Vienna is a much better place to live in than Paris (high life standards, almost no crime compared to Paris :lol:, superb traffic regulation, free school and kindergarten, cleanest water in the world, lots of historical sights,...) but compared to Paris, itīs a "small town". Paris' nightlife is much more intense, the variety of people is wide, they have so much going on musically etc. But on the other hand, Paris is a city of over 2 mio. (with the urban area population of over 10 mio.) while Vienna has like 1,6 mio. inhabitants. Whatever, let me know when you plan to make my city proud. :)

Btw, itīs not a TS friendly place at all, meaning there is no scene like in NYC, L.A., Paris or Barcelona.

Duh
10-01-2010, 01:26 AM
wow talk about classy! glad to see some really classy ladies here!

Caff_Racer
10-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Yes...

Every time I go to Paris I visit the Louvre. I can - and do - spend untold hours in that place... The only bad thing about Paris are the "Parigots" (colloquial name given to the locals), but I think that's a cultural thing: I'm from southern France; the Parisians look down their noses at us, so we take piss out of them!

In Vienna, we have a palace that is actually a replica of Versailles. Itīs Schönbrunn:

http://www.filmfee.de/Event/20061107190727_schloss-schoenbrunn.jpg

But it canīt top Versailles.

Vienna is a great city, and Schönbrunn a gem of a place, but my heart belongs to Salzburg and the Salzkammergut: if it wasn't for the fact that I can't speak German to save myself, I wouldn't mind living there.

Amsterdamage
10-01-2010, 02:04 PM
My dad lives in the heart of Vienna since a couple of years so i've been there quite a lot. When i was in Paris (and had fallen in love with it) i found both cities to have a very similar vibe, architecture and atmosphere. They both have their strenghts and weaknesses but basically if you love Paris, you'll love Vienna, and vice versa. But yeah no population can be compared to the parisians haha

Caff_Racer
10-01-2010, 07:37 PM
When i was in Paris (and had fallen in love with it) i found both cities to have a very similar vibe, architecture and atmosphere. They both have their strenghts and weaknesses but basically if you love Paris, you'll love Vienna, and vice versa. But yeah no population can be compared to the parisians haha

I agree with you on that point, though I also find that in Vienna you have the impression that you're no longer totally in western Europe: at least I used to get that feeling when I went there as a kid (haven't been to Vienna in years, probably because my half-sister lives there, lol!), specially in winter.

Getting back to Paris, does anyone fancy a quick sightseeing tour of mid-1970's Paris? Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

YouTube - C'ÃĐtait un Rendez-vous (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DSyEarRAKo)

Coroner
10-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Well, Vienna is in Central Europe, geographically and culturally. Vienna has more in common with Prague than Berlin or London.

bat1
10-01-2010, 08:20 PM

lol ..:)...

AllanahStarrNYC
10-02-2010, 12:35 AM
What a fun vid.
:)

AllanahStarrNYC
10-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Yes, it was the summer residence of the Habsburg-Lothringen dynasty until 1918. Vienna is a much better place to live in than Paris (high life standards, almost no crime compared to Paris :lol:, superb traffic regulation, free school and kindergarten, cleanest water in the world, lots of historical sights,...) but compared to Paris, itīs a "small town". Paris' nightlife is much more intense, the variety of people is wide, they have so much going on musically etc. But on the other hand, Paris is a city of over 2 mio. (with the urban area population of over 10 mio.) while Vienna has like 1,6 mio. inhabitants. Whatever, let me know when you plan to make my city proud. :)

Btw, itīs not a TS friendly place at all, meaning there is no scene like in NYC, L.A., Paris or Barcelona.

For sure! I can't wait.

AllanahStarrNYC
10-02-2010, 12:37 AM
My dad lives in the heart of Vienna since a couple of years so i've been there quite a lot. When i was in Paris (and had fallen in love with it) i found both cities to have a very similar vibe, architecture and atmosphere. They both have their strenghts and weaknesses but basically if you love Paris, you'll love Vienna, and vice versa. But yeah no population can be compared to the parisians haha

Hmm hmm ohhh ohhh :)

TsVanessa69
10-02-2010, 01:17 AM
Thanks lady.
I'm just having a good time doing me and dressing for me these days..long are the days of doing me for men and male attention.
And thats a good thing. I think the beauty of being trans is our ability to be more free with our look and not fit in the box. I am beginning to enjoy my tranny! men come and go and in the end we are always left with ourselves. So why not?