PDA

View Full Version : New Death chamber in California

bat1
09-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Can't wait to see it in action

Will this stop murder and rape?

SAN QUENTIN – They may be getting a little ahead of themselves, but California prison officials preparing to execute an inmate next week for the first time in nearly five years opened their new lethal injection chamber for inspection by the media Tuesday.

Convicted Riverside County killer Albert Greenwood Brown is scheduled to die at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday in the new facility, an $853,000 compound inside San Quentin State Prison that was built with prison labor in a project that began in 2007.

Inside the death chamber itself, the gurney used in previous injection executions sits in the middle of the room, with four holes through the wall that allow for the intravenous tubes to be routed from the "infusion control room."

A clock is on the wall directly above where the inmate's head will be, and another one is on the wall facing him.

The infusion control room, which includes a safe, a padlocked refrigerator, a sink and a digital clock, also has four telephones inside marked as direct lines to the governor, the attorney general, the Supreme Court and the warden.

The entire compound is designed to be used for only the last six hours of an inmate's life. The cell, where the inmate may eat his final meal under fluorescent lights, has a single bunk, a steel sink and a steel toilet.

The room and cell are painted white, and the inmate can look through the 31 steel bars that form the face of the cell to see a flat-screen television that can be tuned to free television (no cable for the condemned's last hours).

He also can watch a clock on the wall outside his cell.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2010/09/22/3047159/california-previews-new-death.html#ixzz10GR5T7Ap

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2010/09/22/3047159/california-previews-new-death.html#ixzz10GQUZWAp

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/09/22/3047159/california-previews-new-death.html

russtafa
09-22-2010, 03:30 PM
well if i was a crim i would think twice

bte
09-22-2010, 05:07 PM
People will still commit crimes. There have been punishment for years whether it was by gullotine, hanging, electric chair, firing squad, gas chamber, or lethal injection and that has never detered [sic] violent crimes. Seems like a waste of money if you ask me. Why not just take them outside and have three guys just put bullets in the person?

notdrunk
09-22-2010, 06:09 PM
People will still commit crimes. There have been punishment for years whether it was by gullotine, hanging, electric chair, firing squad, gas chamber, or lethal injection and that has never detered [sic] violent crimes. Seems like a waste of money if you ask me. Why not just take them outside and have three guys just put bullets in the person?

I think Utah is the only state that still does firing squads.

bte
09-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Well Utah has the right idea on death penalty. It seems kind of wrong to allow a person who killed another human being to be simply just put to sleep like an aging dog. I would at least want the person to feel some sort of pain for taking another life or any other vile deed the person may have done.

loren
09-22-2010, 11:52 PM
Why not just take them outside and have three guys just put bullets in the person?
Either that, or just hang them.

Teydyn
09-23-2010, 12:46 AM
Will this stop murder and rape?
No, it wont.

Or is america murder and rape free?

1) Just locking them up is cheaper and more of a punishment IMO.
2) Just the offchance that an innocent man could be killed is more then enough. (And the offchance isnt THAT off)

luv4Tgirls
09-23-2010, 01:40 AM
Looks nice, to bad it will hardly get used. With the way the death penalty is here, there is more time in court, than where they belong laying flat and getting the needle

tsparisangelline
09-23-2010, 02:36 AM
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssss

russtafa
09-23-2010, 03:51 AM
at least with the death penalty the tax payer is not punished

bte
09-23-2010, 05:38 PM
No, it wont.

Or is america murder and rape free?

1) Just locking them up is cheaper and more of a punishment IMO.
2) Just the offchance that an innocent man could be killed is more then enough. (And the offchance isnt THAT off)

I agree with your point 2, although I think it would be cheaper to just kill them in other methods instead of putting them to sleep (basically). I am in favor of the death penalty when the person that did it is found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Like Richard Ramirez (The Nightstalker), how in the hell is that guy still alive? He should have been dead years ago.

CORVETTEDUDE
09-23-2010, 07:27 PM
As a former 'Merchant of Death' (SEAL Team Sniper) for nearly 26 years, I have no problem with the death penalty. However, the aprehensive method in which it is used does not serve as a major deterent to the 'severe' crimes for which it is administered. The person that has commited such a heinous crime did not consider his/her options prior to doing so. It does, however, keep me from throttling a considerable number of people I personally come in contact with on a daily basis.

Personally, were I put in the position, I would prefer a firing squad, where everybody has a live round, no masks, no hood. If you're gonna kill somebody, don't be a coward about it.

Svine_
09-24-2010, 01:09 PM
The death penalty isnt a deterrent for criminals period.

Since the death penalty was reinstated some 30 years ago. The U.S. goverment have executed like a 1000 people. While there is still another 3000 or so on deathrow. Which means that if they continue at this rate and no one else gets convicted, all of them will be dead in 90 years.

That must be a huge deterrent dont you think?

"Hey, I maybe shouldn't do this, I might be dead in 90 years"

arnie666
09-24-2010, 01:32 PM
The death penalty isnt a deterrent for criminals period.

Since the death penalty was reinstated some 30 years ago. The U.S. goverment have executed like a 1000 people. While there is still another 3000 or so on deathrow. Which means that if they continue at this rate and no one else gets convicted, all of them will be dead in 90 years.

That must be a huge deterrent dont you think?

"Hey, I maybe shouldn't do this, I might be dead in 90 years"

Thats only because of the drug addicts and vermin in the legal profession.Maybe we could stick them in the chamber to try it out?

Other countries ,such as china and Japan (japan has the best system in my opinion, ) do not take anyone where near as long to deal witht these motherfuckers.

It's just a bunch of lawyers getting rich and playing ,the human rights card through endless appeals and soul searching.

some of these bastards should be strung up from lamposts right after the jury gave them a 'guilty'.