PDA

View Full Version : Use of Petroleum/Petrolatum based lubes

sunairco
09-21-2010, 07:03 AM
I watched an amateur TS vid this morning where it was very apparent that a gob of petroleum jelly was being worked into the bottom's bottom. A condom was used in this vid. I've noticed this more frequently on the 'tube sites in amateur gay and CD/TV videos, but this TS vid was the first one. I also noticed in one of Vicki's shoots you can see a jar hidden in the potted plant. This is making me wonder about the usage. Up to the 80's, it WAS the sexual lubricant only being replaced by Albolene towards the latter 80's. You couldn't even buy a glycerine based prodcuct like KY without a prescription in most states until the mid 80's. Despite the warnings of latex degradation nowadays, several generations of people used petroleum lubricants with condoms with no problems. While it's true that the latex will weaken, it seems to have no effect when used immediately. Now we have polyurethane, resin, and other non-latex condoms available. Even years ago as now we have lambskin that's also not affected. This stuff has staying power that the water based products don't as well as a much nicer feel. Is this stuff making a comeback ? I'm also seeing petroleum based lubes like Elbow grease and travel sized containers of Albolene showing up in pharmacies condom/lube section recently, so I would imagine there is mainstream demand for it that there wasn't before.

jamiecoxxdotcom
09-21-2010, 11:03 AM
What retards would use oil based products with latex condoms? Only silicone based lubes like Wet Platinum, ID, Gun Oil should be used with condoms, latex toys, clothing, etc.

With that out of the way... what's the point of this thread? Are you just basically asking if Vaseline is making a comeback? If so how is that information useful to you one way or another? I'm sincerely curious... thinking of buying stock or something?

sunairco
09-21-2010, 10:11 PM
No economic interest Jaime. Just wondering if there's a resurgence of their use and re-acceptance. Sex therapy folks like Susan Block and Leah & Bob Schwartz have recommend them over water based lubes. When Walgreens starts selling the cosmetic Albolene and an exotic lube like tubs of Elbow Grease along side of Glide and Astroglide, that tells me there just might be something up that I'm unaware of. A nationwide chain's buyers just don't come up with the idea spontaneously unless there is a demand. You no doubt have grown up in an era that water and silicon based lubes are the norm and oil based ones demonized because of latex degradation. Granted, they do weaken latex, but latex condoms and products don't define everything sexual.