PDA

View Full Version : Shit Just Got Real...

jamiecoxxdotcom
09-12-2010, 01:20 AM
My new rig...

giovanni_hotel
09-12-2010, 01:23 AM
Could you make a feature movie with that equipment, Jamie??

Impressive......!

zorga
09-12-2010, 01:23 AM
sweet sweet sweet!

BellaBellucci
09-12-2010, 01:26 AM
I'm so fucking wet right now! :P

~BB~

jamiecoxxdotcom
09-12-2010, 01:34 AM
I'm not at liberty to say... :whistle:

Could you make a feature movie with that equipment, Jamie??

Impressive......!

giovanni_hotel
09-12-2010, 01:38 AM
I'm not at liberty to say... :whistle:

Why so cryptic??? It's your equipment.lol

Just wondering is all.

jamiecoxxdotcom
09-12-2010, 01:46 AM
Here's a hint: "I'm Only Posting This Once..."

If you can't figure it out, you haven't been paying enough attention to my posts... :ignore:

Why so cryptic??? It's your equipment.lol

Just wondering is all.

rockabilly
09-12-2010, 01:57 AM
Jamie's getting all Cecil B. Demented on us.

"Demented Forever!"

jamiecoxxdotcom
09-12-2010, 02:07 AM
That's cute... is that a thing or did you just make it up?

If you just made it up, may I use it as a pseudonym for directing?

Jamie's getting all Cecil B. Demented on us.

"Demented Forever!"

jamiecoxxdotcom
09-12-2010, 02:08 AM
Nevermind... the graphic you posted just showed up...

rockabilly
09-12-2010, 02:10 AM
You'd need to ask John Waters but i think he'd dig it.

california
09-12-2010, 02:35 AM
I can't wait to see what you do with that! YUMMY!

jamiecoxxdotcom
09-12-2010, 02:35 AM
I dig John Waters - dude could fuck me for double free.

You'd need to ask John Waters but i think he'd dig it.

BellaBellucci
09-12-2010, 02:48 AM
I dig John Waters - dude could fuck me for double free.

He doesn't strike you as a bottom? :geek:

~BB~

jamiecoxxdotcom
09-12-2010, 02:55 AM
Don't care in the least. Whatever he'd want.

He doesn't strike you as a bottom? :geek:

~BB~

rockabilly
09-12-2010, 03:01 AM
Don't care in the least. Whatever he'd want.

Jamie would whip out her Pink Flamingo , make him a Cry Baby and give him Female Trouble and that's A Dirty Shame.

goku
09-12-2010, 03:02 AM
Jamie would whip out her Pink Flamingo , make him a Cry Baby and give him Female Trouble and that's A Dirty Shame.

well played!

rockabilly
09-12-2010, 03:08 AM
I'm sure Polyester will be involed , and Hairspray in one way or another.

sunairco
09-12-2010, 05:12 AM
I've had the same Manfrotto/Bogen legs and friction head since the 70's when I was shooting 16mm. The legs are great, but the pan head sucked. Once you've used a fluid displacement head, you'll never go back. Probably the best upgrade you could add.

With HD getting into the price point that it is now and rendering tools that give an amazing film look, I'm seriously thinking about jumping back in after a 25+ year hiatus. It's taken that long b4 video IMHO has finally reached a point to rival an image recorded by negative film stock.

Silcc69
09-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Is the Super Tranny Fucker gonna be in the first shoot?

jamiecoxxdotcom
09-12-2010, 07:32 AM
For the site? Yeah probably. I've always gotten quality work out of him which is why he's shown up in 4 separate scenes so far...

the_corner
09-12-2010, 07:59 AM
I've had the same Manfrotto/Bogen legs and friction head since the 70's when I was shooting 16mm. The legs are great, but the pan head sucked. Once you've used a fluid displacement head, you'll never go back. Probably the best upgrade you could add.

With HD getting into the price point that it is now and rendering tools that give an amazing film look, I'm seriously thinking about jumping back in after a 25+ year hiatus. It's taken that long b4 video IMHO has finally reached a point to rival an image recorded by negative film stock.
Once you've used a gear head you'll never go back to fluid ;) As for a poor man gear head, gearnex is top quality. As for fluid heads... better to get a two stage setup (tripod with bowl plus head), that way you can use and keep the head, and just change the legs... or head... and re-use the head on a dolly, hi hat, etc.

sunairco
09-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Gears were outside the realm of independent production when I was in the trade. Only ones that I ever remember were the Mitchell's and Worrall's that were used on studio pedestals & dollies they were so heavy in production houses. As far as sticks (legs for the rest of you), you're right, claw and balls were the standard and I never worked with anyone that would use anything but wood like Lisand. The aluminum ones like Sachtler were for the vidiots or ENG. As for fluid heads, Universal,Connor, and NCE were the most popular that I can remember. I haven't kept up with the industry for over 25 years so I don't even know if any of these companies are still around or what's available. I was in a store a few years ago and was watching a crew shoot a commercial and they had some sort of compact electric pan & tilt and what appeared to be a light duty steadycam or something similar, so I guess there is a lot of other support choices available now for video. I see ENG is still using Sachtler or some brands that look like them. As far as my stuff, I used the same Manfrotto's that Jaime does both for MF still and film with the wheel dolly and have a small NCE head that last I remember needed a silicon repacking. That was good enough for my CP16 with QR plates.