PDA

View Full Version : Double Standard for Race

Mr. Sinister
09-09-2010, 04:25 AM
I am an Asian/Middle Eastern male who was born in Canada and I have noticed that there is deep seated bigotry and hatred towards those that are of African descent in much of the Western World. Why is there such a racist double standard for those of African descent?

Why is it IF A PERSON HAS ONE BAD EXPERIENCE WITH A BLACK PERSON, THE ENTIRE BLACK RACE IS BLAMED? Why is it IF A PERSON HAS ONE BAD EXPERIENCE WITH A WHITE PERSON, THE ENTIRE WHITE RACE IS NOT BLAMED?

People don't chose their skin color! White people are privelged in that they don't have to worry about the actions of one person in their racial community. A white person can go on a shooting spree, and no one will call the white race violent. If a black person goes on a shooting spree, everyone will call the black race violent.

Even though America has a black president, RACE continues to negatively impact the African-American, Hispanic, Asian, and Arab/Muslim communities in this country. No one gets judged as an individual if you are NOT WHITE.

russtafa
09-09-2010, 04:29 AM
there should be one law for all ,black or white and it should be very very harsh

south ov da border
09-09-2010, 04:30 AM
yea. I feel you on this. Let's just get over t and dislike ppl b/c they are assholes :)

PomonaCA
09-09-2010, 04:31 AM
I am an Asian/Middle Eastern male who was born in Canada and I have noticed that there is deep seated bigotry and hatred towards those that are of African descent in much of the Western World. Why is there such a racist double standard for those of African descent?

Why is it IF A PERSON HAS ONE BAD EXPERIENCE WITH A BLACK PERSON, THE ENTIRE BLACK RACE IS BLAMED? Why is it IF A PERSON HAS ONE BAD EXPERIENCE WITH A WHITE PERSON, THE ENTIRE WHITE RACE IS NOT BLAMED?

People don't chose their skin color! White people are privelged in that they don't have to worry about the actions of one person in their racial community. A white person can go on a shooting spree, and no one will call the white race violent. If a black person goes on a shooting spree, everyone will call the black race violent.

Even though America has a black president, RACE continues to negatively impact the African-American, Hispanic, Asian, and Arab/Muslim communities in this country. No one gets judged as an individual if you are NOT WHITE.

I also think race negatively affects African Americans. Everyone else just got their shit together and made something of themselves.

Jericho
09-09-2010, 04:34 AM
No one gets judged as an individual if you are NOT WHITE.

Unless you're not white.
Aren't you doing exactly the same thing, here?

goku
09-09-2010, 04:38 AM
I also think race negatively affects African Americans. Everyone else just got their shit together and made something of themselves.

lol!!!

I am a college graduate. Good looking. Well spoken. Yet, something ridiculously racist happens to me every few months. It is what it is.

The darker you are, the harder life is. Even in each culture it has worked that way. I am not making excuses, as I do pretty well for myself, but the truth is what the truth is. The darker Indians. The darker Cubans, Mexicans, Italians...... are all at a disadvantage in their own cultures.

dc_guy_75
09-09-2010, 04:45 AM
Perhaps its "machismo" factor , the more macho a person is, the more of a shithole they grew up in.

giovanni_hotel
09-09-2010, 05:44 AM

Ya think??

Why do you make an effort to be soooo stoopid!!!!???:ignore:

Unlike many Euro immigrants, Black folk never had the advantage of racial assimilation, meaning, no one has to ask a Black person what's their ethnic background.
On top of the long history of past and present racial discrimination and a growing Black underclass, there are reasons why Black people still have 'issues'.

Nicole Dupre
09-09-2010, 06:22 AM
People still kill trannys over being women with "wrong" genitals, and the same things happen to my gay brothers and sisters.

I dunno. I think that my people are discriminated PLENTY, so it's hard to empathize beyond a point. Ask a tranny how easy it is to get a job if they trace her history back to being born male.

Heteros and all breeders are privileged imo, and that goes for people of all colors.

Nicole Dupre
09-09-2010, 06:25 AM
YouTube - Transgender Day of Remembrance 2008 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s05LdQTUk6k)

PomonaCA
09-09-2010, 06:30 AM
Ya think??

Why do you make an effort to be soooo stoopid!!!!???:ignore:

Unlike many Euro immigrants, Black folk never had the advantage of racial assimilation, meaning, no one has to ask a Black person what's their ethnic background.
On top of the long history of past and present racial discrimination and a growing Black underclass, there are reasons why Black people still have 'issues'.

There you go inventing more 'helpless victims' in your mind.