PDA

View Full Version : Why does Brazil have so many TS's

bat1
09-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Brazil seems to be a breeding ground for TS girls

but Why?

Does Brazil promote the TS lifestyle like free hormones or something?

I'm sure Brazil is already the leading country for TS's

just wondering why?

I need to get my ass down there :jerkoff

bte
09-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Sexual and gender freedom perhaps. I don't know, America is a little bit too repressed in their views of transsexualism and sexuality. I have known a few guys who are trans, but do not transition due to religious beliefs or something like that.

Maybe Brazil is just more open about it than America.

giovanni_hotel
09-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Transitioning, - i.e. plastic surgery - is cheaper in Brasil and I believe subsidized by the state if you declare to having a gender dysmorphic disorder.

What I heard, someone will have to confirm this.

Jericho
09-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Brazil seems to be a breeding ground for TS girls
but Why?
Does Brazil promote the TS lifestyle like free hormones or something?

The tax breaks. :shrug

Louie Damazo
09-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Something in the water may be

Now serious thats a good question, in some areas we have HUGE concentration as BELEM DO PARA (Amazon area) , so many great models come from this area

Thailand has much more concentration than Brasil if we focus proportional population of both countries

chrisrod
09-07-2010, 10:53 PM
1. Sexual abuse in childhood, mainly in poor cities. Most of trannies in Brazil come from poor region of big cities;

2. Everybody can buy hormones;

sp fan
09-07-2010, 11:26 PM
yea but thailand is full of flat butts and not beautiful people like brazil.

correa
09-07-2010, 11:28 PM
And alot of people willing to become trans to make a profit off it

Faldur
09-08-2010, 12:07 AM
http://www.tracysworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/glass-of-water.jpg

Paladin
09-08-2010, 12:42 AM
Thailand does has a higher # of TS as a proportion of population, but the sheer number of Brasilian Ts is astounding.

Nikka
09-08-2010, 12:45 AM
LOL at the stupid replies here

Tepres
09-08-2010, 12:56 AM
LOL at the stupid replies here

Then enlighten us.

hippifried
09-08-2010, 01:48 AM
I don't know about the shear numbers, but there sure are a lot of very nice looking ladies down there.

Maybe it's the climate. Everybody has to be somewhere. Might as well be where it warm & there's lots of parties.

Gthoma2a
09-08-2010, 02:11 AM
Considering Sao Paulo is the second largest city in the world (population) and the economy has essentially two classes, I have a few theories.

First, it seems glamorous to kids growing up in the favelas to see beautiful women who grew up as poor boys. They can make significant money and get out of there quickly by becoming what rich men may like better than a young boy. Hormones are cheap and readily available, so you get Fernanda Barros rather than a boy who can't readily support himself and get out of there (not saying it is a fake thing or that this is the case; I think she is one of the most feminine women I have ever seen, but maybe there was other motivation on top of it).

It is widely accepted and one of the biggest pride parades is in Sao Paulo, so that may make it more appealing to be the pretty girl dancing on a float.

Perhaps guys in Brazil who are gay tend to meet them when they are young and somehow not fully sure of their sexuality. With that predicament, the guy then decides he wants a girlfriend and the idea is formed. I only say this due to the ages that you hear of the girls having their first experiences with boys in interviews (usually older boys with a rather young girl).

dc_guy_75
09-08-2010, 02:13 AM
My theory is that Brazil is like some alternative version of the United States, without all the puritan hangups. Its a gigantic melting pot like no other, a gigantic NYC.

Brazil is unique, example: post WW-II, a western country would never vote for a fat guy with a beard (lulu).

tsparisangelline
09-08-2010, 02:25 AM
the shade is Brazil in actuality doesn't have that astounding a number of ts's.

Its just that the majority of the Brazilian girls all float in the adult scene.

Gthoma2a
09-08-2010, 02:29 AM
I beg to differ, parts of "Avenida Paulista" are packed with them at certain hours (not to mention some of the gay beaches that some frequent in Brazil). This is not to mention the large gay lesbian and transgendered population within the city of Sao Paulo that throws one of the biggest pride parades in the world every year.

bat1
09-08-2010, 04:38 AM
While the term transgender as used in the United States and Europe has come to encompass all gender-variant individuals, including female-to-male transsexuals, drag queens and kings, and intersex individuals, in Brazil the social phenomenon of "transgênero" largely consists of individuals who were born male but who live their lives as women. Transgender people in Brazil fall into two categories: "travestis" (i.e., transvestites) and transsexuals, although for many the two terms are interchangeable. To the extent that the latter insist on distinguishing themselves from transvestites, it is because transsexuals consider that they were born into the wrong body, whereas transvestites do not experience as deeply internal conflicts in relation to their male bodies.
In Brazil, it is estimated there are 6,000 to 8,000 transvestites, 90% of them living as prostitutes with bisexual clients. This very poor and marginalized population is concentrated in decadent prostitution areas. These "breast boys" receive average of 4 clients each night. As a result of financing from the Brazilian Health Ministry and World Bank, realized systematic work of information, self-esteem and defense of the human rights of this marginal minority, encouraging the adoption of behaviour of less risky for contamination. From a total of 235 contacts, 113 transvestites were interviewed, of which 33% had made one or more silicone applications, and 42% intend to do; 8% declared the use of intravenous drugs and 20% only started to use condoms after the beginning of this project.
The program of prevention of STD/AIDS with transvestite sex workers of Bahia presents excellent results: after research on the local community, a booklet, a folder and a poster were produced, all with realistic language and images peculiar to this subculture. Every week safer sex workshops and direct contact with the transvestites in different prostitution areas are accomplished. In six months, the program recorded 900 interventions, and distributed 14,400 condoms. Programs of STD/AIDS together with transvestite sex workers must use strong elements of the local subculture and count on the trust of the social actor in order to be successful.[38]
The formal labor market is largely closed to transgender people. An extremely small minority of transvestites have university educations or professional qualifications. With few exceptions, the only professions open to them are nursing, domestic service, hairdressing, gay entertainment, and prostitution. In some cases, even those who work as hairdressers, gay night club artists, and domestic servants also double as sex workers. In the central, north, and northeastern regions of Brazil, transgender people from extremely poor families sometimes begin working as prostitutes as early as 12 years of age, especially if they have been expelled from home by their families. In the south and southeastern regions and in the major capitals, such as São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, it is common to find transvestites as young as 16 or 17 working the streets. Despite being included in Brazil's acronym in the struggle for LGBT rights, transgender people receive little outreach from the more mainstream gay and lesbian groups. There are, however, associations of transgender people in several Brazilian states and cities. One program in Rio de Janeiro focuses on the reintegration of transvestites into society through training and employment opportunities.[39]
Brazil's public health system provides free sex-change operations. Federal prosecutors from the State of Rio Grande do Sul had argued that sexual reassignment surgery is covered under a constitutional clause guaranteeing medical care as a basic right. In 2007 the 4th Regional Federal Court agreed, saying in its ruling that "from the biomedical perspective, transsexuality can be described as a sexual identity disturbance where individuals need to change their sexual designation or face serious consequences in their lives, including intense suffering, mutilation and suicide." The Health Ministry said it would be up to local health officials to decide who qualifies for the surgery and what priority it will be given compared with other operations within the public health system. Patients must be at least 21 years old and diagnosed as transsexuals with no other personality disorders and must undergo psychological evaluation for at least two years, the ministry said. Gay activists applauded the decision.
So far the measure has not prompted any opposition. Brazil's public health system offers free care to all Brazilians, including a variety of surgeries and free AIDS medication. But long lines and poorly equipped facilities mean that those who can afford it usually choose to pay for private hospitals and clinics. The health ministry said that since 2000, about 250 sexual reassignment surgeries considered experimental have been performed at three university hospitals.[40]

Dkg
09-08-2010, 04:59 AM
Considering Sao Paulo is the second largest city in the world (population) and the economy has essentially two classes, I have a few theories.

First, it seems glamorous to kids growing up in the favelas to see beautiful women who grew up as poor boys. They can make significant money and get out of there quickly by becoming what rich men may like better than a young boy. Hormones are cheap and readily available, so you get Fernanda Barros rather than a boy who can't readily support himself and get out of there (not saying it is a fake thing or that this is the case; I think she is one of the most feminine women I have ever seen, but maybe there was other motivation on top of it).

It is widely accepted and one of the biggest pride parades is in Sao Paulo, so that may make it more appealing to be the pretty girl dancing on a float.

Perhaps guys in Brazil who are gay tend to meet them when they are young and somehow not fully sure of their sexuality. With that predicament, the guy then decides he wants a girlfriend and the idea is formed. I only say this due to the ages that you hear of the girls having their first experiences with boys in interviews (usually older boys with a rather young girl).

I have a very hard time believing any of them do it for the money. I'm sure the money HELPS but to change your sexuality like that just for money seems a bit too shallow. Obviously many of them are attracted to men sexually, so perhaps at one point they were just gay guys but to go that extra distance and become a different gender....just for the money....that's a bit of a stretch. It's a shame we never see any threads here asking the girls about this kinda stuff but judging from the people who post here and the things that get posted I'm not too surprised. Maybe I'll have a deep convo with one of them someday and find out what it's about from their viewpoint.

Gthoma2a
09-08-2010, 05:16 AM
I am not saying just money, but I would think it would tempt them. Young kids wouldn't want to grow up into being drug dealers without the concept of large sums of money and making it out of their situation. Like I say, I am just guessing. I am sure they were likely feminine and felt like girls to start with, but the reason that they went all the way there is likely to get out of the poverty since it is a big industry in Brazil. That's all I was getting at.

PomonaCA
09-08-2010, 05:24 AM
1. Sexual abuse in childhood, mainly in poor cities. Most of trannies in Brazil come from poor region of big cities;

2. Everybody can buy hormones;

You're going to get in trouble here. I neither agree nor disagree with you, but your honesty will get you in trouble here if this is what you believe.

alyssaluxor
09-08-2010, 07:13 AM
I find Brazillian Transexuals and South East Asian TS(Ladyboys) very much alike for all or almost all of us are just attracted to HOT Yummy guys lol. No girls for us unless its for work ;)

I think we have so many TS girls in Brazil and South East Asia because of the culture. People here doesnt have too much hang ups if youre a Transexual girl. They dont care and doesnt mostly bother them. Youll hardly heard of guys here hitting a TS girl physically and killing them unlike in US and Europe. You can be a TS here openly and the society doesnt make a big deal with it. Brazillian and South East Asian men doesnt give so much big deal with Transexual/Transgender people unlike in Western countries.

From my experience meeting and dating American and European guys, they have so many hang ups and issues being with a Transexual girl?! Why are you guys like that? Ive dated Brazillian men and Asian guys they dont have any issues and hang ups beeing and seeing with me! They are even proud to be with a beautiful passable Transexual girls. But with Western guys they have so many many many hang ups! Why is it like that?

PomonaCA
09-08-2010, 07:24 AM
I am not saying just money, but I would think it would tempt them. Young kids wouldn't want to grow up into being drug dealers without the concept of large sums of money and making it out of their situation. Like I say, I am just guessing. I am sure they were likely feminine and felt like girls to start with, but the reason that they went all the way there is likely to get out of the poverty since it is a big industry in Brazil. That's all I was getting at.

I've known girls who transitioned for shallow reasons like getting more men. The story usually is "Before I was just a gay boy, now it's totally different". I don't think all girls transition out of dysphoria, I truly believe some do for shallow reasons like money and sex. I think it happens more than you'd believe.

giovanni_hotel
09-08-2010, 08:05 AM
As quoted from bat1's citation, and as I suspected, (since how do so many tgirls who grew up in povert afford SRS at such a young age??), Brazil's public health system provides free sex-change operations.

That's the reason why you see so many new TGs up and coming from Brasil. But I do wonder how many of them are truly gender dysmorphic, and how many are encouraged to undergo the procedure because someone else is making money off of them.

Capitalism is a BITCH.

PomonaCA
09-08-2010, 08:06 AM
As quoted from bat1's citation, and as I suspected, (since how do so many tgirls who grew up in povert afford SRS at such a young age??), Brazil's public health system provides free sex-change operations.

That's the reason why you see so many new TGs up and coming from Brasil. But I do wonder how many of them are truly gender dysmorphic, and how many are encouraged to undergo the procedure because someone else is making money off of them.

Capitalism is a BITCH.

Looks like you've invented another group of helpless victims in your mind.

giovanni_hotel
09-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Children are often the victims of sexual exploitation......filter it through whichever social darwinist, Nietzschian, John Wayne, right-wing fantasy you choose, Pomona.

Capitalism is built upon the premise that there are necessary economic 'losers' in society, which is the reason why it it's a poor social organizing principle for any civilized society.

If you are born in one of Brasil's ghettos, your chances of achieving a middle-class life are virtually nil.

It doesn't make you less of a conservative or HUMAN BEING to recognize human suffering and seek to find redress for its causes.

The barriers to social/economic mobility among the poor, internationally, are very real.

The term 'victim' is not a figment of bleeding heart's daydreams.

That said, I hope one day you are gang-raped, Pomona, by a crew of knee-cap hung trannys on holiday to Sao Paulo, so I can blame you for not properly lubricating as you bleed profusely from your punctured colon in a back alley somewhere.

hippifried
09-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Everybody has their own reasons for doing what they do. In my exerience, group psychobabble analysis doesn't work. It's very entertaining though. Carry on.

giovanni_hotel
09-08-2010, 08:45 AM
All I did is wonder about the motivations for some boys who transition in Brasil, not all of them.

There is an organized criminal element associated around TG prostitution in Brasil, and that's not psycho-babble.

bigcat1
09-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Not to be funny, but why are most brazilian ts dicks so big, I can believe that has never been bought up.

CaptainPlanet
09-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Not to be funny, but why are most brazilian ts dicks so big, I can believe that has never been bought up.

because theres a large african gene pool floating around!

poolster
09-08-2010, 11:42 AM
The truth is Brazil is a catholic nation which frowns on homosexuality. some men obscure their homosexuality by going with transsexuals. it is easier to be seen with a transsexual in brazil than it is to be openly gay. and due to the economic and social factors which has lead to a seemingly disproportionally large prostitution industry, the Transsexual prostitues are making out better than the straight up gay prostitutes which has lead to the idea that it's more profitable to be a tranny than a gay male(and no, i am not claiming that most of them are not transsexual, just that it's a factor that contributes to the large numbers.) this then has a knock on effect on the transgender subculture in brazil with it becoming more visible and encouraging more closet cases and those on the fence to go through with transitioning.

BlackMath
09-08-2010, 02:43 PM
yes, its what is called a 'heteronormative' society.

poolster
09-08-2010, 03:36 PM
'heteronormative'

ahhh that's the word i couldn't remember! thanks!

bat1
09-08-2010, 07:24 PM
The truth is Brazil is a catholic nation which frowns on homosexuality. some men obscure their homosexuality by going with transsexuals. it is easier to be seen with a transsexual in brazil than it is to be openly gay. and due to the economic and social factors which has lead to a seemingly disproportionally large prostitution industry, the Transsexual prostitues are making out better than the straight up gay prostitutes which has lead to the idea that it's more profitable to be a tranny than a gay male(and no, i am not claiming that most of them are not transsexual, just that it's a factor that contributes to the large numbers.) this then has a knock on effect on the transgender subculture in brazil with it becoming more visible and encouraging more closet cases and those on the fence to go through with transitioning.

good stuff there,,,

chrisrod
09-08-2010, 09:05 PM
You're going to get in trouble here. I neither agree nor disagree with you, but your honesty will get you in trouble here if this is what you believe.

I am Brazilian and know exactly deeply what happens in this area...unfortunately this is the honest true that I mean the CAUSES. the other stuffs are secondary...

RACQUEL
09-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Poolster is Dead On! The slums are a unending source of kids ready to do anything to get out of there! Latin cultures HATE GAYS,better to be Trans>> Unless u have been down there u can't understand thier motivation!

hippifried
09-08-2010, 10:05 PM
I can't support this with any studies or anything... But I saw somewhere that the native American population has the largest average penis size as a genetic grouping. Might be true. Only extensive research & experimentation will tell for sure. I'll be the guinea pig & work cheap.

traLika
09-08-2010, 10:47 PM

Makes sense to me. I also suspect that other factors such as genetics play a role...

tslvrnyc
09-08-2010, 11:31 PM
If you're a poor gay kid from the middle of nowhere in Brazil you can either stay where you are where you're going to be teased and have a hard time making money or you can go to the big city, become a travesti and make some quick cash.

I spoke with a Brazilian travesti in Barcelona and she told me that she loved Europe because the men were far more open to dating a ts compared to Brazil. In Brazil very few men would publicly date them.

drock
09-09-2010, 02:18 AM
It's not just Brazil there are a lot of Asian countries that are full of Trannys like Thialand and the Philippines ,

PomonaCA
09-09-2010, 04:29 AM

Because their healthcare system gives free penis enlargement surgery. It's true.

blackrob
09-09-2010, 04:33 AM
I can't support this with any studies or anything... But I saw somewhere that the native American population has the largest average penis size as a genetic grouping. Might be true. Only extensive research & experimentation will tell for sure. I'll be the guinea pig & work cheap.

If that were true then the same thing would be happening among all trannys in latin countries so I doubt its the native american thing i've been with a few native american trannys and they weren't hung at all matter of fact they were kind of small.

sdman
09-09-2010, 09:59 AM

Brizilains are a big melting pot. Most of them are african, european and indian decent so maybe thats a good mix for big cock?

tsbrenda
09-09-2010, 10:12 AM
manhood is attached to ability to achieve wealth

so if you can not survive as a good looking poor male

then you can survive as a woman and be taken care of

Louie Damazo
09-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Because their healthcare system gives free penis enlargement surgery. It's true.

REALLY ??? I need know where i can find it here because i need ;)

Now serious: healthcare system gives free penis enlargement surgery????

http://sorayatv.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/penn-teller-bullshit-292x300.jpg

BJ4TS
09-14-2010, 05:01 PM
If that were true then the same thing would be happening among all trannys in latin countries so I doubt its the native american thing i've been with a few native american trannys and they weren't hung at all matter of fact they were kind of small.
Maybe they were on hormones??

jordyd19
09-14-2010, 05:51 PM
because there awesome!

bat1
09-14-2010, 07:00 PM
hormones.... make your dick small

and you can't get hard

sdman
10-07-2010, 05:18 AM
There are even way more mexican trannys here in america and other hispanic trannys than whtie ones

Deja Vu
10-07-2010, 07:35 AM
my friend keeps talkin bout goin to brazil...im startin to wonder why...hmm lol

liisawinklergirl
10-07-2010, 04:21 PM
i think it's the high level of tolerance in their society although acceptability is still a question otherwise there would be transsexuals in the higher echelons of their societies...

Schimmel
10-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Well as far as the tolerance goes Brazilian tgurls are a lot more well-adjusted than American tgurls. They don't pretend or shove their dumb childhoods down people's throats. They're much eaiser for society to tolerate because they are genuinely cool, not like dizzy bimbo attention whores in America lol.

tsparisangelline
10-07-2010, 05:42 PM
The gays SCREAM to be noticed in this thread.

bat1
10-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Well as far as the tolerance goes Brazilian tgurls are a lot more well-adjusted than American tgurls. They don't pretend or shove their dumb childhoods down people's throats. They're much eaiser for society to tolerate because they are genuinely cool, not like dizzy bimbo attention whores in America lol.

lol..:party:

toopretty
10-08-2010, 06:21 AM
I dont know about that...from what I have read, ts's in Brazil face way more discrimination then in any other country. They are almost forced into isolation, living and socializing only with other ts's. And like 99% of them are street walkers or work at a brothel because they dont have the opportunity to do anything else for a living. With the cream of the crop getting sent to Europe to work in more expensive brothels by their pimps. (all our favorite brazilian ts pornstars are most likely in the prostitution industry) I have read numerous social science reports on this...anyone know anything about this first hand?

markyboy21
08-22-2011, 04:37 AM
I think the reason is probably a combination of factors including culture (eg Thailand), poverty (eg Brazillian favelas),free or cheap hormones (eg Brazil) and hormones introduced into the food chain through factory farming (eg Thailand has a big factory farmed chicken industry, but I don't know if they are using growth homones). There are plenty of TS's in quite a few South American and Asian countries, so perhaps there's a link with factory farmed food full of hormones, as when US beef was banned from Europe for using growth homones, Asia and South America became it's markets. Try reading :-
Factory Farming, Modern Meat Hormones, Cervical Cancer And A Small Penis.

envivision
08-22-2011, 06:53 AM
The answer is easy as pie.....

Brazilians love SEX - unlike the sex prison which is the US

tsnajwa
08-22-2011, 07:49 AM
I'm not really sure how Brazil's medical system works, but I know and I've heard from girls in Mexico that its easy to walk into a pharmacy and just buy hormones at a young age. I t hink it's the widespread and easy availability of hormones in these countries that leads more younger transgirls to transition. Also as a way to escape the poverty

Tina Francis
11-12-2011, 10:59 PM
...I wish Paulistano would weigh in on this...I will ask him to...

jennifer tgirl
11-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Simply put they always have had a place in latin culture.

Paulistano
11-13-2011, 01:05 AM
...I wish Paulistano would weigh in on this...I will ask him to...
Hi Tina... My answer is tsnajwa's answer below:

I'm not really sure how Brazil's medical system works, but I know and I've heard from girls in Mexico that its easy to walk into a pharmacy and just buy hormones at a young age. I t hink it's the widespread and easy availability of hormones in these countries that leads more younger transgirls to transition. Also as a way to escape the poverty
Perfect answer. I'd add they escape from discrimination they face with their families, friends and school coleagues, starting to work on streets and living with older t-girls.
But numbers in the Philippines are much higher. Thailand comes in second place, then Brazil.

CORVETTEDUDE
11-13-2011, 01:09 AM
Hi Tina... My answer is tsnajwa's answer below:

Perfect answer. I'd add they escape from discrimination they face with their families, friends and school coleagues, starting to work on streets and living with older t-girls.
But numbers in the Philippines are much higher. Thailand comes in second place, then Brazil.

Having lived in and later visited the P.I., I am surprised to learn they are #1. I'm sure you have the data that proves it to be the case, Paulistano...I'm just surprised. 'Cuz....I love the P.I.!!!!:Bowdown:

Paulistano
11-13-2011, 01:15 AM
Having lived in and later visited the P.I., I am surprised to learn they are #1. I'm sure you have the data that proves it to be the case, Paulistano...I'm just surprised. 'Cuz....I love the P.I.!!!!:Bowdown:

Just take a look at this website, my friend:

www.ladyboykisses.com

There are about 6,000 filipino ladyboys looking after a husband!!!

Amazing... :dancing:

CORVETTEDUDE
11-13-2011, 01:22 AM
Just take a look at this website, my fried:

www.ladyboykisses.com (http://www.ladyboykisses.com)

HOLY SHIT!!!!:dancing::wiggle:

addicted
11-14-2011, 02:10 AM
Just take a look at this website, my friend:

www.ladyboykisses.com

yea ok but who wants some flatbutt mechanical ladyboys?

florida_raul
12-23-2011, 06:16 AM
I think there are many reasons:
1. The souther culture and people. As there is so many races and types of people here, people tend to be bit more tolerant towards TS & gay people
2. Hormones are cheap and easy to buy. no need for prescription
3. Plastic surgeries are also cheap.

tsmounting
01-07-2012, 07:53 PM
They just need to get some butt implants over in Asia and it would be soooo much better!