PDA

View Full Version : James Toney just got chocked out

Solitary Brother
08-29-2010, 06:25 AM
Told you.
Im a boxing fan and James Toney is a great boxer but no boxer stands a chance in the octagon.
Put Randy Couture in a boxing ring and he doesnt last a round with James Toney.
Now...this whole thing was orchestrated by that bastard Dana White.
Dana White the former AEROBICS INSTRUCTOR....thats what he was doing before creating the UFC.
hE HAS NEVER FOUGHT ANYBODY.
So far NO MAJOR MMA FIGHTER hasn dared to enter a boxing ring with a world class boxer wonder why?

Dino Velvet
08-29-2010, 06:42 AM
Dana White the former AEROBICS INSTRUCTOR....thats what he was doing before creating the UFC.

It is funny listening to Dana White acting like a tough guy in interviews when he used to wear leg warmers and teach aerobics.

south ov da border
08-29-2010, 06:56 AM
Yea, I don't see any mma person striking with a boxer, but I don't see a boxer doing Ju-jitsu either. Put Coture against a heavyweight boxer lets say Shannon Briggs and watch wat happens...

south ov da border
08-29-2010, 06:58 AM
Penn is done btw. Edgar has his number...

Solitary Brother
08-29-2010, 07:05 AM

You know its funny.
I hear MMA guys talk about BJ Penn like he is a god.
But when I see him I am not impressed at all.
He is slow and catches punches with his face,in fact most of them do.

I like that guy that almost beat Anderson Silva....not because I agree with what he says but that he has the balls to say it to peoples faces.

None of those MMA guys has decent boxing technique not 1.

diablito
08-29-2010, 07:06 AM

true and kinda true... this happened to Penn a few years back before he won the belt... his eyes just weren't "in it"... look for Penn to go home, be with his family and reevaluate his presence on this planet... he should snap out of it and make another push for a title...

Edge's next bought... oh boy... kid might hurt.

noble1337
08-29-2010, 07:10 AM
honestly, i was surprised by edgar dominating.
but yea, i never like penn...so its cool.

i think someone said..."boxing is to fighting, as hungry hungry hippos is to eating".
none of those guys could compete in top boxing, because they dont need to. in a fight, boxing has tons of rules and limitations.
in real life, mma fighters are much more dangerous. tenfold. no question

south ov da border
08-29-2010, 07:11 AM
I don't see any good boxers in MMA. They just don 't have the set for it. BTW I like Cung Le and look to see him in action soon.

Penn wn a lot before, but his technique is suspect as edgar showed...

diablito
08-29-2010, 07:12 AM
You know its funny.
I hear MMA guys talk about BJ Penn like he is a god.
But when I see him I am not impressed at all.
He is slow and catches punches with his face,in fact most of them do.

I like that guy that almost beat Anderson Silva....not because I agree with what he says but that he has the balls to say it to peoples faces.

None of those MMA guys has decent boxing technique not 1.

you said it... ALMOST beat Silva... BUT didnt... hes a chump and was never going to win that fight.

As for boxing... both Diaz brothers have amazing ring technique as do many other MMA fighters... on the other hand, I've never seen a more out of place fighter like Tony... buddy, move around and at least try and escape... fight like your life depends on it... after the fight Rogan asked if he (tony) plans to work on his ground game... tony's replay " my ground game is good".... WTF??

Legend
08-29-2010, 08:30 AM
A arrogant, trashing talking boxer gets choked out in mma lol karma at its best.The only chance james "mumble" toney had at defeating captain america was to pull a ray mercer so boxers do have some kind of chance i'm really surprised sylvia has a career after that.

Solitary Brother
08-29-2010, 04:25 PM
you said it... ALMOST beat Silva... BUT didnt... hes a chump and was never going to win that fight.

As for boxing... both Diaz brothers have amazing ring technique as do many other MMA fighters... on the other hand, I've never seen a more out of place fighter like Tony... buddy, move around and at least try and escape... fight like your life depends on it... after the fight Rogan asked if he (tony) plans to work on his ground game... tony's replay " my ground game is good".... WTF??

No they dont they suck.
In fact one of the gyms I MAY be going to is the one where they workout at.
Its near my job.
I can get some good sparring there beating up MMA guys.

Chael Sonnen was beating Silva up he is NOT a chump he did better with Anderson than anyone else.

Solitary Brother
08-29-2010, 04:30 PM
honestly, i was surprised by edgar dominating.
but yea, i never like penn...so its cool.

i think someone said..."boxing is to fighting, as hungry hungry hippos is to eating".
none of those guys could compete in top boxing, because they dont need to. in a fight, boxing has tons of rules and limitations.
in real life, mma fighters are much more dangerous. tenfold. no question

The whole thing is most of these MMA guys are WRESTLERS.
They did it their whole life....they grab you and take you down.
I honestly dont see a lot of street fights going down like that....maybe where you live they do.
I see guys throwing hands.
MMA is good because it gives slow white guys an outlet.
Boxers are WAY more athletic that the average "grappler".

NYBURBS
08-29-2010, 04:30 PM
No they dont they suck.
In fact one of the gyms I MAY be going to is the one where they workout at.
Its near my job.
I can get some good sparring there beating up MMA guys.

Chael Sonnen was beating Silva up he is NOT a chump he did better with Anderson than anyone else.

The reality of the situation is this- Boxers have deadly hands, but in a sport like MMA, or in most actual street fights, things end up on the ground rather quickly. Being able to throw a mean hook or upper-cut doesn't mean much when someone is choking off your air supply or twisting your limb to the point it's about to break.

Solitary Brother
08-29-2010, 05:30 PM
The reality of the situation is this- Boxers have deadly hands, but in a sport like MMA, or in most actual street fights, things end up on the ground rather quickly. Being able to throw a mean hook or upper-cut doesn't mean much when someone is choking off your air supply or twisting your limb to the point it's about to break.

Not the fights I see they dont.
Black guys dont "wrestle" each other.
Thats one of the reasons I dont watch MMA because they look like fags trying to fuck.
A lot of the fights I see guys arent rolling on the ground on top of each other.

NYBURBS
08-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Thats one of the reasons I dont watch MMA because they look like fags trying to fuck.
A lot of the fights I see guys arent rolling on the ground on top of each other.

Yea well, I've been in a lot of fights in my life, and I can't think of a single one that didn't end up on the ground at some point. When you're in the middle of one you don't really care how it looks. Just like you don't care what someone will say/think when you punch the guy's nuts or bite him on the face. You do what you've got to do.

bte
08-29-2010, 11:16 PM
Told you.
Im a boxing fan and James Toney is a great boxer but no boxer stands a chance in the octagon.
So far NO MAJOR MMA FIGHTER hasn dared to enter a boxing ring with a world class boxer wonder why?

I knew Toney would lose. It would have been a better match if he was up against someone like Kimbo or Houston Alexander (if they were still in the UFC).

tsbrenda
08-30-2010, 03:05 AM
on the street if you take some one to the ground it can cause problems for both of you.
you don't have a nice padded landing or a canvas but hard concrete most of the time

diablito
08-30-2010, 03:38 AM

LOL... hey ANGRY BLACK... here's one of your brothers getting wrecked by a slow white guys who wrestles... oh, by the way... please note where the fight ends!! hope you enjoy.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/04/ex-ufc-star-in-bloody-street-fight-roger-huerta-austin-texas-video/

its not even close... MMA fighters have a much better understanding for fighting... no contest. no matter where you're from or what you've seen

Solitary Brother
08-30-2010, 04:15 AM
LOL... hey ANGRY BLACK... here's one of your brothers getting wrecked by a slow white guys who wrestles... oh, by the way... please note where the fight ends!! hope you enjoy.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/04/ex-ufc-star-in-bloody-street-fight-roger-huerta-austin-texas-video/

its not even close... MMA fighters have a much better understanding for fighting... no contest. no matter where you're from or what you've seen

Ok
There have been plenty of old boxers that have gone into the octagon but not even 1 MMA guy has dared to enter the boxing ring.
How come?

Faldur
08-30-2010, 04:22 AM
Shouldn't you be packing SB? Thought we were moving your ass out of the country?

Solitary Brother
08-30-2010, 04:25 AM

See this thread and CAREFULLY read my comments.
http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=48828
http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=49081

This was a TRAINED fighter against a guy off the street.
It proves nothing.

Solitary Brother
08-30-2010, 04:35 AM
let me help you.

"This guy thought he was going to intimidate those bouncers...and his black ass got put to sleep plain and simple!
Messing with bouncers is bad business .....even an idiot knows that.
This guys whole notoriety comes from knocking Suge Knight out and he thought those bouncers where scared of him...guess what cowboy?
They arent and were not.
Wake up america...thanks to MMA a whole generation of white guys are NOT going to be taking shit any longer.
I see lots of guys with big mouths getting there asses kicked in the future....thanks to MMA.
Look....dude was lucky....those guys REALLY could have hurt him if they wanted to...a guy trained in MMA against a regular civilian is a scary prospect.
These guys can snap off limps and shit...and they can take a punch too....

Im not even a MMA fan but the truth is the truth.
Whats so hysterical is that on all these hip hop sites even anonymous assholes who are complaining are NOT talking about going back to that club and trying to do anything to those white guys.
Get into that.
Motherfuckers are talking about pressing charged and boycotts....anything OTHER THAN fucking with those white dudes again!
This is the funniest shit ever....all the the bad asses and the "no snitching" crowd are talking about running to the cops. "

ELSAPO
08-30-2010, 05:14 AM
this is starting sound like sherdog.

Schimmel
08-30-2010, 08:15 AM
Toney is one of the best boxers ever, one of the best athletes ever who accomplished what Couture can only dream of. It hurt to watch Couture hump him to an universally-expected win. Anyone who gives a fuck should sit down and watch Toney's early super middleweight fights of the 90s and witness true greatness.

Props to Frankie for owning that miserable clown a 2nd time. Get rid of BJ already.

diablito
08-30-2010, 06:42 PM
Ok
There have been plenty of old boxers that have gone into the octagon but not even 1 MMA guy has dared to enter the boxing ring.
How come?

b/c boxing is nothing compared to what these guys do... the training alone is sub par to MMA training... not to mention the rush and experience!

Listen, I grew up on boxing... MMA has taken a firm hold of my interest... these guys really want to fight... sure the money is nice though I'm sure more than 80% of the fighters prefer to get their arms raised in victory... ask that same question to Mayweather. oh wait, hes too busy hiding from Pacquiao.

bte
08-30-2010, 07:02 PM
Wasn't there some talk that Anderson Silva wanted to fight Roy Jones Jr. in a boxing match?

diablito
08-31-2010, 01:35 AM
Wasn't there some talk that Anderson Silva wanted to fight Roy Jones Jr. in a boxing match?

that was a valid rumor... though i havent heard much about it.

Jr. probably ran and hid after that threat...

Gthoma2a
08-31-2010, 01:56 AM
Dana won't allow it. He hates the idea because it could devalue his interest (Anderson).

xVICx411
08-31-2010, 02:12 AM
Dana White is a Golden Glove Boxer, So I really dont know where your getting your infomation. And both Vitor Belfort and Anderson Silva were professional boxers but gave it up because it wasnt fun lol Vitor went from MMA to Boxing, and back to MMA because it wasnt a challenge to him.

Gthoma2a
08-31-2010, 02:32 AM
Dana White is a Golden Glove Boxer, So I really dont know where your getting your infomation. And both Vitor Belfort and Anderson Silva were professional boxers but gave it up because it wasnt fun lol Vitor went from MMA to Boxing, and back to MMA because it wasnt a challenge to him.

http://www.blitzcorner.com/MMA/Dana-White-Says-No-to-Roy-Jones-vs-Anderson-Silva

I know MMA and I know my stuff on Dana. He taught a boxercise class in Vegas prior to getting the Fertittas to purchase the UFC. Vitor wasn't a pro boxer until after he had been established in MMA. Anderson has had two boxing matches seven years apart. He went 1-1. He is not much more of a boxer than an undercard fighter.

Oh, and before you say it, I know about Dana's Boston amateur career. It just isn't that relevant to this discussion. I played little league everything as a kid, it doesn't mean that I am an expert or that I somehow would allow someone I have under contract do something that could harm them.

Solitary Brother
08-31-2010, 04:01 AM
that was a valid rumor... though i havent heard much about it.

Jr. probably ran and hid after that threat...

No Dana White said no.

Solitary Brother
08-31-2010, 04:03 AM

Both of those guys SUCK at boxing.....
As far as Dana White being a "Golden Glove" boxer do you mean he won or was just an entrant in the tournament?
You can enter the tournament.....anyone can.
I seriously doubt Dana White EVER won ANY boxing tournaments.

Solitary Brother
08-31-2010, 04:04 AM
b/c boxing is nothing compared to what these guys do... the training alone is sub par to MMA training... not to mention the rush and experience!

Listen, I grew up on boxing... MMA has taken a firm hold of my interest... these guys really want to fight... sure the money is nice though I'm sure more than 80% of the fighters prefer to get their arms raised in victory... ask that same question to Mayweather. oh wait, hes too busy hiding from Pacquiao.

You dont know what your talking about.
I eat sleep and drink boxing.
First.....as far as the training goes boxing training is NOT sub par to MMA.
I know because I do it.
None of those MMA guys at my gym have ANY cardio....I run between 5-6 miles a day and none of those guys do that.
Part of the reason I think they dont do a lot of cardio is because of the supplements they are taking that kill your cardio and some of you know what Im talking about.
MMA is a strength based sport you have to be physically strong or you have no chance.
Its not about skill for the most part that why guys off the street can get into MMA so easy.

As far as Mayweather hiding from the Pac man....
You dont know the history of Floyd.
He use to be promoted by Top Ranks Bob Arum who is a crook in my opinion.
Floyd left Top Rank and ventured out on his own but Arum never payed him the money he owes him....a 7 figure amount.
This has been going on since 2005.
Pacman is promoted by ARUM and Arum takes a HEFTY percentage of his earnings.
Why would Floyd want to make that fight and put MORE money in Arums pocket when he STILL hasnt payed him what he owes him?

Floyd was guaranteed 3 times the amount of money that Pacman got and the difference in numbers was like 200,000 buys....pacman 6 dollars...Mayweather 15 million dollars guaranteed....that was when Floyd fought Marquez and Manny fought Joshua Clottey.

All these talking heads dont realize what up with Floyd and Arum....Floyd wants his fucking money.

diablito
08-31-2010, 05:08 AM
I know because I do it.
None of those MMA guys at my gym have ANY cardio....I run between 5-6 miles a day and none of those guys do that.
Part of the reason I think they dont do a lot of cardio is because of the supplements they are taking that kill your cardio and some of you know what Im talking about.
MMA is a strength based sport you have to be physically strong or you have no chance.
Its not about skill for the most part that why guys off the street can get into MMA so easy.

Floyd left Top Rank and ventured out on his own but Arum never payed him the money he owes him....a 7 figure amount.
Why would Floyd want to make that fight and put MORE money in Arums pocket when he STILL hasnt payed him what he owes him?

Floyd was guaranteed 3 times the amount of money that Pacman got and the difference in numbers was like 200,000 buys....pacman 6 dollars...Mayweather 15 million dollars guaranteed....that was when Floyd fought Marquez and Manny fought Joshua Clottey.

All these talking heads dont realize what up with Floyd and Arum....Floyd wants his fucking money.

I think this is the first time I have the pleasure of debating with you on this forum... but with all due respect... you have no idea what you just said... I think you're trying to write the way you speak and that does not translate well... not a dig on your vocabulary... simply said, you're not getting your point across...

to say MMA athletes lack stamina is silly... the majority of the MMA elite will not stop during their bouts... anyway, this point is not valid... as for the May vs. Pac fight... ppvs would be well over 1.5 @ 54.99 a buy is more than $80mill in buys alone... not to mention huge promo and sponsorship earnings... looking at a $120-$140mill experience... then the rematch... wow... may is just scared out of his mind to hear the bell then kiss canvas... that simple

just for my knowledge... where do you train?

Solitary Brother
08-31-2010, 05:32 AM
I think this is the first time I have the pleasure of debating with you on this forum... but with all due respect... you have no idea what you just said... I think you're trying to write the way you speak and that does not translate well... not a dig on your vocabulary... simply said, you're not getting your point across...

to say MMA athletes lack stamina is silly... the majority of the MMA elite will not stop during their bouts... anyway, this point is not valid... as for the May vs. Pac fight... ppvs would be well over 1.5 @ 54.99 a buy is more than $80mill in buys alone... not to mention huge promo and sponsorship earnings... looking at a $120-$140mill experience... then the rematch... wow... may is just scared out of his mind to hear the bell then kiss canvas... that simple

just for my knowledge... where do you train?

polk street gym san francisco and you?

Im done with you.....

hotvegasguy26
08-31-2010, 06:30 AM
lol i used to see dana white at the sporting house in las vegas back in the day teaching a spin class

wolfticketer761
08-31-2010, 05:12 PM
Told you.

Boxers have been talking shit about MMA for years. Dana Simply offered a challenge to any Pro boxer and Toney was the only on with the guts to step up.
Everyone knows if an MMA fighter steps into a boxing ring that the MMA fighter will get beat easy. Even MMA fighters will tell you this. Thing is MMA fighters arent the ones who talk shit about the other fighters profession. It's the Boxer's with their high and mighty attitude that are constantly down playing MMA and it's fighters.
In a Octagon my money will always be on the MMA fighter
in a Boxing ring my money will be on the Boxer
but in a real street fight where your fighting is based on practical real world experience the MMA fighter will demolish the Boxer with ease.

bte
08-31-2010, 05:14 PM
Didn't Jens Pulver do some amateur and pro boxing fights when he had a break in MMA?

Legend
08-31-2010, 05:26 PM
Speaking of jens i think he really needs to retire he's lost 8 of his last 9 fights.

wolfticketer761
08-31-2010, 05:31 PM
I know because I do it.

Not true at all. To say Boxing is skill while MMA is just strength is bullshit.
BJJ alone is a testament to how skillful the sport is. Shit an average street fighter has a greater chance of mastering his boxing game and winning golden gloves then achieving a black belt in BJJ

bte
08-31-2010, 05:36 PM
Speaking of jens i think he really needs to retire he's lost 8 of his last 9 fights.

Some people just don't know when to give it up. You would think after losing 8 of his last 9 fights, that he would retire. If he continues to fight and continues to lose, he is just tainting his legacy. Kind of like how Chuck Lidell is doing by wanting to fight again.

bte
08-31-2010, 05:38 PM
Boxing is a great sport, but boxing is just a small subset of MMA. A boxer cannot come into MMA and expect to win after X amount of months of training. But I think a MMA fighter can come into a boxing ring and win after having X amount of months of training.

diablito
08-31-2010, 08:37 PM
polk street gym san francisco and you?

Im done with you.....

Easy... why so sour?

I box at Phantom Boxing in Miami (2 X weekly) and roll around at ATT south miami (2 X weekly).

I promise you I'll try to walk into your gym before this year ends.

Hey, I see they offer tae-bo at your gym!!

leckery5
09-01-2010, 04:44 AM
If an MMA guy could box after X amount of months at the contender level, he would have long ago. They don't make shit in the MMA. If one of those guys could get a 3 million dollar payday, they would have long ago. Fact is, it takes a lifetime to be great at either sport. Months aren't enough.

scroller
09-01-2010, 05:08 AM
Yea well, I've been in a lot of fights in my life, and I can't think of a single one that didn't end up on the ground at some point.

Is that because, you know, one guy lost?

NYBURBS
09-02-2010, 01:25 AM
Is that because, you know, one guy lost?

Cute, but I think you know what I'm actually referring to. Most street fights consist of a few punches and then end up grappling/wrestling.

leckery5
09-02-2010, 02:29 AM
Some fights just end with a punch. If one is in strikng distance of a boxer when the fight starts. it can end quick and it can end badly. Shannon Briggs is a journeyman/top-twenty contender.

Briggs plans to appeal ruling - Boxing - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=1973034)

Solitary Brother
09-02-2010, 02:34 AM
Some fights just end with a punch. If one is in strikng distance of a boxer when the fight starts. it can end quick and it can end badly. Shannon Briggs is a journeyman/top-twenty contender.

Briggs plans to appeal ruling - Boxing - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=1973034)

Uh .....Shannon Briggs is NOT a journeyman...he held one of the heavyweight belts at one time and he is fighting Vitali Klistchco(I cant spell the fuckers name) for one of the belts.

Also...I noticed one my drive home today a "UFC Gym" so I am going to stop by and check it out.
I wont ever do MMA but I want to learn some of those crazy holds and locks and shit.

Solitary Brother
09-02-2010, 02:37 AM
If an MMA guy could box after X amount of months at the contender level, he would have long ago. They don't make shit in the MMA. If one of those guys could get a 3 million dollar payday, they would have long ago. Fact is, it takes a lifetime to be great at either sport. Months aren't enough.

Its funny you mention how these MMA guys make little money.
I am beginning to think Dana White is a Jew the way he is ripping them off....they dont even do that in boxing(Oops...I forgot about Don King).
I hate Dana white he is a fucking worm and he is ripping these guys off.

leckery5
09-02-2010, 02:59 AM
I think I played Briggs down to emphasize my point but he didn't hold a belt that was taken seriously. He held an "alphabet title" belt. No one considered him the champ at that time. But yeah he was better than than the average journeyman.

Solitary Brother
09-02-2010, 05:54 AM
I am going to go and check out that UFC gym...its on the way from work and it has fitness equipment and boxing stuff too.
What sucks is I just joined 24 hour fitness 2 days ago.
Oh well Im doing the monthly payments thing so I can get out of it.
I am a member of golds gym too...I just came from there.

leckery5
09-02-2010, 06:00 AM
I love boxing but I always have respected judo and jujitsu. All three seem real practical to me. No B.S. , no unnecessary movements. I would certainly take a judo or jujitsu class. I think it would be great.