PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie...

yowsa
11-17-2005, 05:08 AM
Converted newbie as I've been a longtime lurker...

Appreciate the candid chat and of course the ladies...

Best to all and looking forward to more ahead.

Legend
11-17-2005, 05:12 AM
Welcome aboard mate!

Ecstatic
11-17-2005, 06:22 AM
Let's hear it for lurkers no longer anonymous!

hondarobot
11-17-2005, 06:25 AM
I'm saying "run as fast and as far as you can, you silly bastards! This is the Hotel California, you will never leave!"

Now I'm going to relax in the pool. . .even though I don't like pools.

Why not? None of us are getting out of here anyways.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-17-2005, 07:00 AM
Welcome to HA yawsa!

~Kisses.

HTG

TSCURIOUS
11-17-2005, 09:56 PM
Another ex-lurker here out in the open. Love these boards. Except for a few cat fights, everyone gets along! Love the ladies! Damn, most are FINE!! BTW - lurking in the NY/NJ area.
Wish I knew more about posting, avatars, pictures and all the fancy stuff people do.

BeardedOne
11-17-2005, 10:06 PM
Another ex-lurker here out in the open. Love these boards. Except for a few cat fights, everyone gets along! Love the ladies! Damn, most are FINE!! BTW - lurking in the NY/NJ area.
Wish I knew more about posting, avatars, pictures and all the fancy stuff people do.

Welcome aboard, newbies! BTDT, not too long ago. You eventually pick it up on the fly. Sorta the same way I learned to drive a standard transmission auto: Guy threw me the keys, yelled "See you back at the office!" and sped away, not thinking to ask if I knew how to drive the thing.

Best part about HA, no gears to grind. :)

kennbo
11-17-2005, 10:08 PM
All newbies, the search engine is your best friend as far as learning about topics like avatars. At the top of the screen hit search and at the search engine screen enter your topic. Search through the posts that come up and add a post to that old string, if you need further help. If you become totally frustrated, due to a lack of technical expertise, for example, then pm(personal message) a veteran poster who you think would be helpful, most would be willing to point you in the right direction. Avoid making a new post unless your searching has indicated you have a truly novel subject. The moderators get a bit testy when they see the same topic popping up as a new post every couple weeks, it starts to tax the system resources of this free board. That being said, feel free to post, don't be too shy, just be a bit thoughtful and courteous before posting like a mad man.

NickTheQuick
11-17-2005, 10:22 PM
A warm welcome goes out to all the new people or the old people with new screen names. Very well said kennbo. That should be mandatory reading that pops up before one is able to start a new thread.

PS Don't get offended by seeing the words like noob or rookie. It doesn't apply to all of you, because there is a lot of you that have common sense and can read.

Realgirls4me
11-17-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm always amazed at how many lurkers there are whenever I sign off. :)

Overlord Abomination
11-17-2005, 10:52 PM
I say we round all the newbies and make them shine our boots...Then kill em with A sharp plastic spork.

Welcome...Person.

BeardedOne
11-18-2005, 12:04 AM
As a time-saver, try not to ask the following:

Am I gay?

Are you gay?

Is this thread gay?

Do you sit or stand to...you know?

How much?

How often?

Can I see it?

Does this avatar make me look fat?

There's others which I'm sure you'll run across in time (Ex-Lurkers already have a head start).

If it looks like this: :deadhorse Just ignore the droids and move along. :wink:

MacShreach
11-18-2005, 12:06 AM
Then kill em with A sharp plastic spork

As in "Live Long and Prosper?"

Welcome new person.

BeardedOne
11-18-2005, 12:46 AM
Then kill em with A sharp plastic spork

As in "Live Long and Prosper?"

:lol: *Snark!* @ Mr. 'Spork'. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Daren
12-05-2005, 05:47 AM
new also. just saying hi :lol:

BeardedOne
12-06-2005, 12:15 AM
Welcome aboard, Daren. Greetings to you of the Great White North!

From the Great Wet Suburb of PHL. :)