PDA

View Full Version : The government keeping tabs on us!!!

NickTheQuick
11-17-2005, 12:38 AM
From website:
National Motor Vehicle License Bureau web site - offering a free searchable database of over 121 million U.S. driver's license photos and license information. Search using the box below.
The United States B.S. amendment to the Freedom of Information Act enacted on Sept. 3rd 2004 provides public access to motor vehicle driver's information in an electronic format. Under the Motor Vehicle Operator License Identification Act (MOLIA), all US states are required to adhere to the Driver's B.S. statute and store an electronic copy of all valid drivers licenses in their state.

I just searched for mine and there it was...picture and all!
Thanks Homeland Security! Go to the web site, and check it out.
I definitely removed mine. I suggest you all do the same. Now you can see anyone's Driver's License on the Internet, including your own! :evil:
Just enter your name, city and state to see if yours is on file. After your license comes on the screen, click the box marked "Please Remove". This will remove it from public viewing, but not from law enforcement. Please notify all your friends so they can protect themselves, too.

http://www.license.shorturl.com

scipio
11-17-2005, 12:59 AM
THe photo on my license there makes me look much younger (a bit more hairy, though). I think I'll leave it there.
I think it was taken after a particularly heavy night.

hondarobot
11-17-2005, 01:05 AM
I always, always falls for these damn things. Sorry if I'm ruining the joke here, but I got a stupid story related to this.

When I got my first "real" computer and got online I ran across this site announcing this amazing new technology. It said someone had figured out how to turn your computer screen into a remorely controlled scanner. If you followed the easy steps that followed, then placed your face withing two inches of the screen, the program would scan your face then post a high resolution picture for you.

Wow! These computer guys are brilliant! So I run the thing, sit like an imbecile for several seconds watching this cheesy "scanning" graphic run, then it announces I just have to hit "enter" to see my portrait. I hit enter. . .and that same damn picture came up as is on the liscense. It's one of those deals where you then walk around the room slapping yourself on the forehead for being so damn stupid.

It was pretty funny though.

McRen
11-17-2005, 01:32 AM
Thats nothin, Google basically has every webpage its ever scanned since day 1 in an archive. Along with all of the search patterns all over the world. Knowing who does what where and why is a lot of powerful info, if in the wrong hands.

yourdaddy
11-17-2005, 01:37 AM
It's always " The Government", isn't it? Wake up dude. It's people that want your buck. That wasn't against the law, last time i looked.

NickTheQuick
11-17-2005, 01:42 AM
It's always " The Government", isn't it? Wake up dude. It's people that want your buck. That wasn't against the law, last time i looked.

You're just mad because you're the first one that they got the right pic for...

it's a joke dumbass.

yourdaddy
11-17-2005, 01:52 AM
Nick, that's about 3 years old. I thought you had come up with something new and earth-shattering. I have to admit though, I went for it.

GroobySteven
11-17-2005, 02:12 AM
There did used to be a site that archived material from when the internet started, does anyone remember it's name? I found the first grooby/shemale yum site from 1996 which I didn't have a copy of anymore.
It then helped me win a court case with another site.
Would be grateful if you could post the url here.
seanchai

McRen
11-17-2005, 02:31 AM
http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

this do what you need?

brickcitybrother
11-17-2005, 02:32 AM
The site requires registration and more. Perhaps you may want to wait until the litigation about it is concluded. Right now the main issue is its 'possession' of copyrighted material.

GroobySteven
11-17-2005, 02:33 AM
http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

this do what you need?

Thanks McRen - this place is great.

GroobySteven
11-17-2005, 02:36 AM
http://web.archive.org/web/19980630225844/http://www.shemaleyum.com/

Ouch - the earliest recorded look. Cute huh?
Click on the tour!
seanchai

McRen
11-17-2005, 02:37 AM
yeah, I found the old versions of my business's website... my god how things have changed in the computer industry in the 5 years ive been open. Its almost disturbing how everything is archived tho. But as you put it, it can be handy, and help win a court case if need be!

Quinn
11-17-2005, 02:58 AM
McRen, Seanchai,

A legal issue my attorney and I have been looking to act upon for the last few months has not progressed as desired because the party I wish to hold accountable "doesn't have an archive of their old site." Obviously, I don't have a copy of their old page either (from about five years ago). Guess what I just found on the link McRen put up? And people say spending time here is not a constructive use of my time.

Thank you,
-Quinn