PDA

View Full Version : Dr Laura's N-word rant

Solitary Brother
08-13-2010, 02:11 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/12/dr-lauras-n-word-rant-rad_n_680680.html

I never liked this bitch.

SunshyneMonroe
08-13-2010, 02:27 AM
i cant even type..........:ignore:

sunairco
08-13-2010, 03:13 AM
Whoa. I don't like hearing the word either. My generation worked hard to make sure racial inequality and racial slurs became a thing of the past with polio and smallpox. Anyone using words like that by the late 70's was immediately under the PC spotlight. Even folks like Richard Pryor quit using the word in his routines. Nobody ever expected the black entertainers and musicians to bring the word back into the public lexicon. Perhaps it's used among and within the black community, but there's no reason it has become a "reclaimed" word among black folks. I don't buy the reclaimation argument that by doing so and now using the word as their own, it's empowering to black people. I never heard of Polish-Americans, Irish-Americans, Italian-Americans, or Latin Americans empowering themselves with the demeaning words that reduced them to a sub-human underclass among the majorites. I never cared for Dr.L and her politics. But I have to admit, she called this one right. Why the hypocricy? Why is it ok for an entertainer or hip hop artist to use the word and promote the image of a thug urban criminal as a means of expression as a means of empowerment? Why promote the very sterotypes that were the image that white folks held in contempt and fueled an unreasonable polarization of the races? Why give them a reason to point to that to now say they were right all along? Why when someone points out this hypocricy and double standard that while it's perfectly acceptable for black folks to use the word, but it's blasphemous for a white person to do so, they are branded as racists. Her argument is valid. I hate the thought of defending this bitch. We have a black president that I voted for and admire. Some white racist uses that word to describe him and I'm going balistic. Yet I'm supposed to accept that it's an affectionate reference if a black person says it? Don't think so. As a nation, I hoped by now we'd be past this by now.

Jericho
08-13-2010, 03:16 AM
So, what part didn't you like?

Solitary Brother
08-13-2010, 03:58 AM
So, what part didn't you like?

I just dont like her...never did.
Her son is a racist and she may be too.
Plus she is a hypocrite...she married a man she was having an affair with.

JoePitt
08-13-2010, 05:08 AM
Come on now. Who really gives a shit about a Z-list celebrity like her? Any outrage conjured up only helps her.

Legend
08-13-2010, 05:15 AM
lol, kind of reminds me of that teacher from the boondocks in the s-word who used "nigga" to get riley's attention to sitdown and shutup in class.

(reference to riley using the word all the time)Mr Peto: He says it every morning, he calls me ni@@a. he calls the other kids ni@@a. he calls himself ni@@a. all the time ni@@a this, ni@@a that, ni@@a please! bi!ch ni@@a, have you lost your mind? ni@@a check that hoe. ni@@a, you bullshi!!in'. break yo'self ni@@a! he says so much I don't even notice it anymore. last week at lunch, Riley says to a classmate, "can a ni@@a borrow a french fry?". and my first thought wasn't, "oh my god he said the word. the-the n-word!". it was, "now how is a ni@@a gonna borrow a fry? ni@@a is you gonna give it back?" i'm telling my inside voice didn't like that before he got in my class!

Riley and grandad went on larry king "acting" like he was emotional stressed and wanted to sue because his teacher called him a "nigga".

bladex76
08-13-2010, 05:50 AM
lol, kind of reminds me of that teacher from the boondocks in the s-word who used "nigga" to get riley's attention to sitdown and shutup in class.

(reference to riley using the word all the time)Mr Peto: He says it every morning, he calls me ni@@a. he calls the other kids ni@@a. he calls himself ni@@a. all the time ni@@a this, ni@@a that, ni@@a please! bi!ch ni@@a, have you lost your mind? ni@@a check that hoe. ni@@a, you bullshi!!in'. break yo'self ni@@a! he says so much I don't even notice it anymore. last week at lunch, Riley says to a classmate, "can a ni@@a borrow a french fry?". and my first thought wasn't, "oh my god he said the word. the-the n-word!". it was, "now how is a ni@@a gonna borrow a fry? ni@@a is you gonna give it back?" i'm telling my inside voice didn't like that before he got in my class!

Riley and grandad went on larry king "acting" like he was emotional stressed and wanted to sue because his teacher called him a "nigga".
LOL :dancing: i love the show is funny i like the one with madea lol

tsparisangelline
08-13-2010, 06:07 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/12/dr-lauras-n-word-rant-rad_n_680680.html

I never liked this bitch.

i use the word all the time so idk what to say

Helvis2012
08-13-2010, 06:26 AM
This asshole has proven time and time again what moron she truly is.....par for the course.

Legend
08-13-2010, 08:05 AM
LOL :dancing: i love the show is funny i like the one with madea lol

I love how they're always making fun of tyler perry and his awful shows/movies.

thx1138
08-13-2010, 04:37 PM
This is nothing. Listen to white cops talk among themselves about people of color. whew! OTOH I'm sure words like crackers, honkeys. etc are freely used in conversations among black Americans.

Dino Velvet
08-13-2010, 04:46 PM
I never listen to her which is probably the best way to deal with her. No listeners = no job. The N-Word hysteria will get her a boost in the ratings.

I never liked her either.

Silcc69
08-13-2010, 04:55 PM
This is nothing. Listen to white cops talk among themselves about people of color. whew! OTOH I'm sure words like crackers, honkeys. etc are freely used in conversations among black Americans.

Are you sure about that?

Trans-Promo
08-13-2010, 05:51 PM
GET OVER IT - She didn't mean it that way! " Black people are so quick to run with this discrimination shit ". Ya'll do say it all the fucking time ! If you don't want people to say it then don't fucking say it your damn self

bte
08-13-2010, 06:00 PM
When I was in the military, my white friends would call me nigga (of course they asked me beforehand if it was cool for them to say it to me) and I was fine with it. I called them cracker and honkey and they were cool with it. We didn't mean it in a bad way, because we were friends.

The caller called in to her show and was apparently distraught over the fact that her white husband does not stick up for her when friends and family make "racist" comments. Instead of saying to the caller that she shouldn't be so sensitive. She should have gave the caller some tips for addressing the issue with her husband. No need to say "Well since black comedians on HBO say it then how come other people can't." That's a stupid assumption.

Its like with my gay friends, I call them fag, but I don't mean it in a mean way or anything like that. If another person said that to them then we would beat em up (that is if they meant it in an offensive way).

Faldur
08-13-2010, 06:04 PM
She was spot on.. we listen to that word spouted all over and the minute a white woman uses it describing other medias use she is chastised?

By the content of ones character, not the color of their skin.

Solitary Brother
08-13-2010, 06:18 PM
GET OVER IT - She didn't mean it that way! " Black people are so quick to run with this discrimination shit ". Ya'll do say it all the fucking time ! If you don't want people to say it then don't fucking say it your damn self

ohhhh!
So you mean she wasnt calling that negro woman caller a nigger?
She was saying that blacks use it ALL THE TIME?
She was saying on HBO and BET and other cable outlets the use of the word is like its a sexual fetish?
Ohhhhhh......I see.
It just that when she said "nigger nigger nigger" I was soooo shocked because I NEVER hear people use that word.
It jarred my senses and I had a "slavery moment"...excuse me Kunta Solitary.

dgs925
08-13-2010, 07:50 PM
I actually listened to it, and I can't find anything wrong with the way she used the nigger word (saying "the N-word" makes a person sound eight years old). She is an ignorant woman, but this is nothing.

SB is a chode.

Solitary Brother
08-13-2010, 07:59 PM
I have never never EVER heard anyone other than Dr.Laura use that word.
Im gravely injured.
God knows I have never heard a black person use that word.
I am consulting my lawyer about this I am going to have to sue her.

jimme747
08-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Gosh this brings back memories, back in the 80's I was sailing big boats in the Maxi series.
Mostly white people, being part of it we called each other boat ni@@a's. At the time when Simon le Bon entered the Maxi boat series the n-word was vanished (npc I guess) and we all become rock stars. Later in life worked in ops with a black general, after saving his ass a few times he called me a white ni@@a. So you can imagine my confusing.
I see it in the same way as the gay word. It became almost something to be proud of in the community. But then I am gay most of the time (as in happy).
Just to stick with Dr. L. last year she was caught cheating in several races, sailing around Long Beach.............

arnie666
08-13-2010, 10:43 PM
But she can't be racist as she has a Black bodyguard she 'shoot hoops with':whistle:

drock
08-13-2010, 11:57 PM
But she can't be racist as she has a Black bodyguard she 'shoot hoops with':whistle:

Youre talking about old crusty ass dr laura?

Solitary Brother
08-14-2010, 12:23 AM
I personally think she just wanted to say the word...over and over and over again.
She probably wants to be "raped by a pack of niggers" but first things first.

bte
08-14-2010, 12:25 AM
LoL...Solitary Brother says some funny shit sometimes.

hippifried
08-14-2010, 12:55 AM
Lynch the bitch.

JoePitt
08-14-2010, 03:10 AM
I personally think she just wanted to say the word...over and over and over again.
She probably wants to be "raped by a pack of niggers" but first things first.

Hey SB, you gotta stop posting your vids on YouTube.

YouTube- Big mouth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EvH5LQAYl0)

sunairco
08-14-2010, 05:08 AM
I actually listened to it, and I can't find anything wrong with the way she used the nigger word (saying "the N-word" makes a person sound eight years old). She is an ignorant woman, but this is nothing.

SB is a chode.

Agreed. It makes good shock press, but few if anyone has actually taken the time to actually listen to what she said b4 reacting and condemning her. Maybe I should clam up, the bitch needs to be taken off the air anyways. I feel slimy defending her.

That said. What happened a few years ago when Oprah took on Jay Z, Jesse Jackson took heat refrerring to Obama talking down to black folks off camera, and Bill Cosby was on one of his self-righteous rants? I even remember Whoopi chiming into this on The View a few years ago making poor Liz cry. Every time this gets into the national debate, it suddenly dries up and is swept under the rug.

Kramer
08-14-2010, 06:53 AM
She didnt use it to denigrate anyone!! She used it in referance to what they were talking about!!! You people are fucking dumbasses! Get a life!

Trans-Promo
08-14-2010, 05:55 PM
She didnt use it to denigrate anyone!! She used it in referance to what they were talking about!!! You people are fucking dumbasses! Get a life!

My point exactly - even her tone of voice was not insulting. But I don't think she is racist. We've all heard some racist media rants, and this is clearly nothing to make a big issue over.

She didn't need to apologize but that was a good gesture in her part as she did offend people.

Moving on...

Solitary Brother
08-14-2010, 07:11 PM
My point exactly - even her tone of voice was not insulting. But I don't think she is racist. We've all heard some racist media rants, and this is clearly nothing to make a big issue over.

She didn't need to apologize but that was a good gesture in her part as she did offend people.

Moving on...

She is racist.
Why did she say ...oh so now your gonna N.A.A.C.P me?
Racist fucking cunt...what if I say "please dont Jew me!"?
Its racist!
She is dead wrong.
Black people using the N word is CRAZY to me..dead wrong and a sign of deep mental illness but white folks ya'll cant fix this...you have done enough already.
She didnt have to take it there with this young lady she clearly had something on her mind and it was something racist.
White folks...play your position and we will play ours...we dont go around telling you how to be white..we dont care...so let us do us and you do you.

sactojoey
08-14-2010, 09:03 PM

This is spot-on.

giovanni_hotel
08-14-2010, 10:07 PM
This an excerpt of the actual audio from Dr. Laura's show...btw this bitch is trifling.

SCHLESSINGER: All right. Thank you very much. Thank you very much. Can't have this argument. You know what? If you're that hypersensitive about color and don't have a sense of humor, don't marry out of your race.
If you're going to marry out of your race, people are going to say, "OK, what do blacks think? What do whites think? What do Jews think? What do Catholics think?" Of course there isn't a one-think per se. But in general there's "think." ---(WTF is this bitch talking about??lol)

And what I just heard from Jade is a lot of what I hear from black-think -- and it's really distressting [sic] and disturbing. And to put it in its context, she said the N-word, and I said, on HBO, listening to black comics, you hear "nigger, nigger, nigger." I didn't call anybody a nigger. Nice try, Jade. Actually, sucky try.

Need a sense of humor, sense of humor -- and answer the question. When somebody says, "What do blacks think?" say, "This is what I think. This is what I read that if you take a poll the majority of blacks think this." Answer the question and discuss the issue. It's like we can't discuss anything without saying there's -isms?

We have to be able to discuss these things. We're people -- goodness gracious me. Ah -- hypersensitivity, OK, which is being bred by black activists. I really thought that once we had a black president, the attempt to demonize whites hating blacks would stop, but it seems to have grown, and I don't get it. Yes, I do. It's all about power. I do get it. It's all about power and that's sad because what should be in power is not power or righteousness to do good -- that should be the greatest power.

Just a dumb-dumb hoe.

phobun
08-14-2010, 10:34 PM
She is racist.
Why did she say ...oh so now your gonna N.A.A.C.P me?
Racist fucking cunt...what if I say "please dont Jew me!"?
Its racist!
She is dead wrong.
Black people using the N word is CRAZY to me..dead wrong and a sign of deep mental illness but white folks ya'll cant fix this...you have done enough already.
She didnt have to take it there with this young lady she clearly had something on her mind and it was something racist.
White folks...play your position and we will play ours...we dont go around telling you how to be white..we dont care...so let us do us and you do you.

Race is a social construct. You live in the past.

phobun
08-14-2010, 10:35 PM

Moving on...

Finally some sanity around here.

giovanni_hotel
08-14-2010, 10:38 PM
Race is a social construct. You live in the past.

DOn't get hung up on semantics, pollyanna. You're talking abstracts, but most people down here living in the real world understand what it means to call someone a 'racist' - an individual(s) who believe others to be inferior to them, or deserving derision and ridicule because of their ethic or cultural origin/skin color.

Dr. Laura meets the criteria.

phobun
08-14-2010, 10:44 PM
DOn't get hung up on semantics, pollyanna. You're talking abstracts, but most people down here living in the real world understand what it means to call someone a 'racist' - an individual(s) who believe others to be inferior to them, or deserving derision and ridicule because of their ethic or cultural origin/skin color.

Dr. Laura meets the criteria.

"Dr." Laura may be a nasty shrew indeed but you're too thin skinned if you let her antics get you worked up.

giovanni_hotel
08-14-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm not all 'worked up'. I'm simply telling her about herself.

cookiepuss
08-14-2010, 11:37 PM
man, we're turning into a bunch of wussies if Dr. Laura can upset us!:geek:

And someone answer my damn thread about "date-check". ;)

Trans-Promo
08-15-2010, 02:30 AM

I am not telling you how to be black - I am telling you to cool the fuck off because she didn't mean it, you are reading too much into it.

It's not a matter of being black or not - getting pissed off at something simply to make an issue is HUMAN - has nothing to do with race.

First off I am not white, I am 1/2 white. Secondly, calling a Black person African American is ridiculous. Ya'll have more white blood in you then you do black. And since when were you born in Africa? So I am African American too cause that's basically where we all started?

Don Cheadle is midnight black and he is still some 40% white.

One race - One world

Get over your/our past and move on! If you want change tell your " niggas " to stop using the word or white people will continue to use it in the same context.

rockabilly
08-15-2010, 03:23 AM
Where my Cylons at?

Edward James Olmos gave a speech at the UN about race .... cliffnotes version is we are all the human race , the color of your skin is not relevant.

dj4monie
08-15-2010, 03:59 AM
I am not telling you how to be black - I am telling you to cool the fuck off because she didn't mean it, you are reading too much into it.

It's not a matter of being black or not - getting pissed off at something simply to make an issue is HUMAN - has nothing to do with race.

First off I am not white, I am 1/2 white. Secondly, calling a Black person African American is ridiculous. Ya'll have more white blood in you then you do black. And since when were you born in Africa? So I am African American too cause that's basically where we all started?

Don Cheadle is midnight black and he is still some 40% white.

One race - One world

Get over your/our past and move on! If you want change tell your " niggas " to stop using the word or white people will continue to use it in the same context.

I don't post much and for good reason.

I think Keith sums it up nicely. Its not so much she said Nigger its what she said after, in that context she is likely a racist -

YouTube- Keith Olbermann: "Worst Person In The World" - 08/13/10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEwoAWA8_J0)

PhoBun is right that its a social construct and that phony outrage over the word "Nigger" could be used more constructively to fix the massive inequality in our social and economic system. That still does not excuse the lack of racial sensitivity by Dr. Laura or hyper-sensitivity of the Obama Administration. All this proves is that despite all that's happen, the problem of White Supremacy has not been solved.

I would hope Danielle won't gloss over the fact that there is gross racial inequalities in South America as well. The Genocide of the Tamils in Asia and the continued oppression of the Roma in Europe.

Its time to let go of the name calling, the problems are much, much bigger than that.

By the way while Don Cheadle might be 40% White, there is no slavery in my background and no Caucasian genes.

I am Chickasaw Indian, Chinese and African - Holla

giovanni_hotel
08-15-2010, 04:28 AM
Love ya, Danielle, but people have a right to demand that they be addressed in a way they personally feel is not derogatory or insulting.

I'm not saying the bitch should be fired, but someone should have checked her azz and politely told her, 'would you please refrain from using that racial epithet when I'm talking to you??'

Sorry, but when your ancestors came to this country as property, it becomes incumbent upon you to 'connect the dots' and retrace your history.

The majority of Black folk in the United States originated from the slave trade along the western coast of Africa, hence the name, 'African-Americans'. It's not a pretension, but a reaction to being 'named' for hundreds of years by White people (colored, Negroes, etc.) that is in no way reflective of our history or personhood.
Every Black American you meet in this country is burdened with the surname of a slave master, or a name adopted out of thin air after Emancipation, because slavery stripped Blacks of their cultural heritage.

I'm not 'sensitive' in the least when it relates to the bullshit that comes out of other people's mouths, and could really not give a fuck about Dr. Laura or most people in general, but ignorance and disrespect 'bother me'.

The bitch is trying to tell Black people about themselves and simply put, she doesn't know what the fucc she's talking about.

The one that really pisses me off is that ALL Black people voted for Barack because of his race. Just some extra-dumb shit right there. If that were the case, Jesse Jackson would have gotten 95% of the AA vote in 1988 when he ran for President, except he didn't come close to that number.

Like the White people who voted for Obama, Blacks cast their ballot BHO because they felt he was QUALIFIED. To even entertain the thought that Blacks automatically vote for people with dark skin is beyond ignorant.

And DOn Cheadle is 40% white?? I think you got that mixed up. I remember him having a DNA test done on TV that showed he had white ancestory, but I have folks in my family with a white parent who are biracial and they don't look pureblood like Cheadle.

"Get over your/our past and move on!"??? What an interesting sentiment. Not saying you Danielle, but racists/bigots/idiots say shit like this ALL THE TIME.

"I'm sorry. Did I offend you? Well, GET OVER IT."

I could twist that shit up into some really fucked up drama on a forum like HA. But I won't, 'cause I don't go out of my way to possibly OFFEND someone just for kicks.

If you want people to leave shit in the past where it belongs, people like Dr. Laura need to chew those words in their mouths a little bit more before they spit them out for others to hear.

phobun
08-15-2010, 05:14 AM
By the way while Don Cheadle might be 40% White, there is no slavery in my background and no Caucasian genes.

I am Chickasaw Indian, Chinese and African - Holla

This is simplistic. "No Caucasian genes" There are no such things as "Caucasian" genes. As you conceded, race is a social construct. Get real. And how far back are you counting? You sure that a great-great-great-great-grandma never cheated or was raped so as to corrupt your non-lily lineage with white DNA (whatever that is)?

Many "races" and ethnic groups inhabit both Africa and China. There are whites, arabs of many shades as wells as blacks (who are nonetheless heterogenous themselves) in Africa. There are 56 recognized ethnic groups in China encompassing white, yellow and brown people. Or when you mean "Chinese", are you just referring to the Han people?

People who are consumed with racial identity and politics always manage to beclown themselves.

phobun
08-15-2010, 05:14 AM
Love ya, Danielle, but people have a right to demand that they be addressed in a way they personally feel is not derogatory or insulting.

I'm not saying the bitch should be fired, but someone should have checked her azz and politely told her, 'would you please refrain from using that racial epithet when I'm talking to you??'

Sorry, but when your ancestors came to this country as property, it becomes incumbent upon you to 'connect the dots' and retrace your history.

The majority of Black folk in the United States originated from the slave trade along the western coast of Africa, hence the name, 'African-Americans'. It's not a pretension, but a reaction to being 'named' for hundreds of years by White people (colored, Negroes, etc.) that is in no way reflective of our history or personhood.
Every Black American you meet in this country is burdened with the surname of a slave master, or a name adopted out of thin air after Emancipation, because slavery stripped Blacks of their cultural heritage.

I'm not 'sensitive' in the least when it relates to the bullshit that comes out of other people's mouths, and could really not give a fuck about Dr. Laura or most people in general, but ignorance and disrespect 'bother me'.

The bitch is trying to tell Black people about themselves and simply put, she doesn't know what the fucc she's talking about.

The one that really pisses me off is that ALL Black people voted for Barack because of his race. Just some extra-dumb shit right there. If that were the case, Jesse Jackson would have gotten 95% of the AA vote in 1988 when he ran for President, except he didn't come close to that number.

Like the White people who voted for Obama, Blacks cast their ballot BHO because they felt he was QUALIFIED. To even entertain the thought that Blacks automatically vote for people with dark skin is beyond ignorant.

And DOn Cheadle is 40% white?? I think you got that mixed up. I remember him having a DNA test done on TV that showed he had white ancestory, but I have folks in my family with a white parent who are biracial and they don't look pureblood like Cheadle.

"Get over your/our past and move on!"??? What an interesting sentiment. Not saying you Danielle, but racists/bigots/idiots say shit like this ALL THE TIME.

"I'm sorry. Did I offend you? Well, GET OVER IT."

I could twist that shit up into some really fucked up drama on a forum like HA. But I won't, 'cause I don't go out of my way to possibly OFFEND someone just for kicks.

If you want people to leave shit in the past where it belongs, people like Dr. Laura need to chew those words in their mouths a little bit more before they spit them out for others to hear.

Damn, you are a thin-skinned man.

giovanni_hotel
08-15-2010, 05:39 AM
Remind me to kick your ass at some future date yet to be determined, phobun.
GTFO

phobun
08-15-2010, 05:49 AM
Remind me to kick your ass at some future date yet to be determined, phobun.
GTFO

I don't disrespect you because of the color of your skin, but because of the thinness of it.

Seriously, I think you're overly sensitive and getting too worked up by some shrew's radio-show.

Besides, your statement ("Every Black American you meet in this country is burdened with the surname of a slave master, or a name adopted out of thin air after Emancipation,...") is idiotic. There are lots of "black" Americans in this country who have the names they share with their family members still in Africa. Not everyone is so "burdened", including Mr. Obama.

giovanni_hotel
08-15-2010, 05:55 AM
Not immigrant Black folks, I'm talking about Black people whose ancestors have been in this country since the 1600s. (But I think you probably figured that out, didn't you phobun?? So what the FUCC are you talking about, really??)

Sure, African IMMIGRANTS can trace their family history, ( DUH!!), but my people didn't emigrate. They were a commodity for sale.

Stop playing dumb, phobun. If you don't give a shit about understanding the very rudimentary social/cultural concepts being discussed, hold your tongue, or quit typing.

phobun
08-15-2010, 06:07 AM
Not immigrant Black folks, I'm talking about Black people whose ancestors have been in this country since the 1600s. (But I think you probably figured that out, didn't you phobun?? So what the FUCC are you talking about, really??)

Sure, African IMMIGRANTS can trace their family history, ( DUH!!), but my people didn't emigrate. They were a commodity for sale.

Stop playing dumb, phobun. If you don't give a shit about understanding the very rudimentary social/cultural concepts being discussed, hold your tongue, or quit typing.

You said "Every Black American". If you want to qualify your absurd statement after the fact, then don't have a fit about it.

Seriously man, this is a thread about Dr. Laura(!) Don't lose your composure.

giovanni_hotel
08-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Stop being so literal when you get the point, phobun. How hard was it to distinguish that I was making an implicit distinction between AAs who are the descendants of slavery in this country, and African immigrants who came to this country post 20th century??

Dude, stop being so WHite.

JoePitt
08-15-2010, 07:02 AM
I don't post much and for good reason.

All this proves is that despite all that's happen, the problem of White Supremacy has not been solved.

If you really believe that, then it's a very good thing that you don't pollute these boards with crap like that.

dj4monie
08-15-2010, 07:15 AM
If you really believe that, then it's a very good thing that you don't pollute these boards with crap like that.

Prove to me its been solved? You think what happen to Oscar Grant was an accident? What about real estate redlining that still happens to this very day? How about the people specifically targeted by Wells Fargo and Country Wide? Why do women still clutch their purse? Why am I still getting pulled over for "Driving While Black"? Why do my intentions get questioned based on my skin color alone?

If you have a useful answer for things issues, then I would be glad to listen and have a reasonable discussion of the facts.

dj4monie
08-15-2010, 07:28 AM
This is simplistic. "No Caucasian genes" There are no such things as "Caucasian" genes. As you conceded, race is a social construct. Get real. And how far back are you counting? You sure that a great-great-great-great-grandma never cheated or was raped so as to corrupt your non-lily lineage with white DNA (whatever that is)?

Many "races" and ethnic groups inhabit both Africa and China. There are whites, arabs of many shades as wells as blacks (who are nonetheless heterogenous themselves) in Africa. There are 56 recognized ethnic groups in China encompassing white, yellow and brown people. Or when you mean "Chinese", are you just referring to the Han people?

People who are consumed with racial identity and politics always manage to beclown themselves.

You win PhoBun, have a nice day.

JoePitt
08-15-2010, 07:30 AM
Why do my intentions get questioned based on my skin color alone?

Maybe it's that iceberg sized chip on your shoulder and not your skin color.

There's nothing to discuss about the statement I took out of your post. It was by far the most racist thing said in this entire thread. It tells me that you're an extreme ideologue and nothing anyone can say will matter so I won't waste my time debating you. Good night.

dj4monie
08-15-2010, 07:35 AM
Prove to me its been solved? You think what happen to Oscar Grant was an accident? What about real estate redlining that still happens to this very day? How about the people specifically targeted by Wells Fargo and Country Wide? Why do women still clutch their purse? Why am I still getting pulled over for "Driving While Black"? Why do my intentions get questioned based on my skin color alone?

If you have a useful answer for things issues, then I would be glad to listen and have a reasonable discussion of the facts.

Stop being so literal when you get the point, phobun. How hard was it to distinguish that I was making an implicit distinction between AAs who are the descendants of slavery in this country, and African immigrants who came to this country post 20th century??

Dude, stop being so WHite.

He can't help it. I think Turtle on Entourage said much the same thing once.

He sees nothing wrong of course.

dj4monie
08-15-2010, 07:47 AM
Maybe it's that iceberg sized chip on your shoulder and not your skin color.

There's nothing to discuss about the statement I took out of your post. It was by far the most racist thing said in this entire thread. It tells me that you're an extreme ideologue and nothing anyone can say will matter so I won't waste my time debating you. Good night.

So your saying nobody judges me based on how I look? I don't create these threads talking about how Caucasian providers won't see me. I could care less.

Back to how I look for a second, your saying as White Man that's tired of talking about issues around race that I should "Suck It up, that's life" and move on?

Sorry but I don't have a king sized chip on my shoulder. Okay let me rephrase that, do you think White Supremacy exist and if so, do you believe its a problem?

And I'll say its again, do you have proof that Wells Fargo and Countrywide did not specifically target Black Americans and Latinos for funky home loans and shady 2nd mortgages? I'm certain I have proof, the FBI sure has proof. People have been arrested, that's proof? So are you trying to tell me that didn't happen?

You still didn't say Oscar Grant murder wasn't racial motivated or should I say, another cop, rent-a-cop, or whatever gets off with a lighter sentence. This is a constant in law enforcement circles, there's little consequence for shooting at Black People, oh and before I go.

http://newsone.com/nation/associatedpress3/4-more-officers-charged-in-katrina-bridge-killings/

traLika
08-15-2010, 09:29 AM
There are way too many thin skinned people here! Dr Laura's rant wasn't racist. It was just plain insensitive.

It's ridiculous to bring the slave trade into this discussion. What happened to many of our ancestors centuries ago has clearly left a deeper scar with some than it has with others. There really is no need to get wound up if the N word is used by a white person in a non-racist way.

scroller
08-15-2010, 10:27 AM
What happened to many of our ancestors centuries ago has clearly left a deeper scar with some than it has with others.

The word "centuries" is incorrect here. Slavery was the law in America less than 2 centuries ago.

traLika
08-15-2010, 10:35 AM
The word "centuries" is incorrect here. Slavery was the law in America less than 2 centuries ago.

It's not incorrect at all. I was also referring to what was happening BEFORE slavery was abolished.

puller
08-15-2010, 10:54 AM
it looks like the whole world is Racist so lets all be upfront about it .
we are all Niggers , Wetbacks, Crackers, Chinks & Jews. now are we all happy ?? if not get over it cause at one point in our life we have all said one of these words just dont call me a nigger to my face then we have a problem . but u can do it online or on all day cause your safe at your home. everyone hates everyone else a little bit

traLika
08-15-2010, 11:01 AM
it looks like the whole world is Racist so lets all be upfront about it .
we are all Niggers , Wetbacks, Crackers, Chinks & Jews. now are we all happy ??

You forgot about the wops, spicks, paddys, frogs, krauts, pakis, yanks, nips, kikes, dagos...

Just don't call me a whinging pom or a limey!!!!!!!! ;)

giovanni_hotel
08-15-2010, 01:25 PM
This an excerpt of the actual audio from Dr. Laura's show...btw this bitch is trifling.

SCHLESSINGER: All right. Thank you very much. Thank you very much. Can't have this argument. You know what? If you're that hypersensitive about color and don't have a sense of humor, don't marry out of your race.
If you're going to marry out of your race, people are going to say, "OK, what do blacks think? What do whites think? What do Jews think? What do Catholics think?" Of course there isn't a one-think per se. But in general there's "think." ---(WTF is this bitch talking about??lol)

And what I just heard from Jade is a lot of what I hear from black-think -- and it's really distressting [sic] and disturbing. And to put it in its context, she said the N-word, and I said, on HBO, listening to black comics, you hear "nigger, nigger, nigger." I didn't call anybody a nigger. Nice try, Jade. Actually, sucky try.

Need a sense of humor, sense of humor -- and answer the question. When somebody says, "What do blacks think?" say, "This is what I think. This is what I read that if you take a poll the majority of blacks think this." Answer the question and discuss the issue. It's like we can't discuss anything without saying there's -isms?

We have to be able to discuss these things. We're people -- goodness gracious me. Ah -- hypersensitivity, OK, which is being bred by black activists. I really thought that once we had a black president, the attempt to demonize whites hating blacks would stop, but it seems to have grown, and I don't get it. Yes, I do. It's all about power. I do get it. It's all about power and that's sad because what should be in power is not power or righteousness to do good -- that should be the greatest power.

Just a dumb-dumb hoe.

Hate to bump myself, but apparently some of you didn't read the entire excerpt from her program.

traLika
08-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Hate to bump myself, but apparently some of you didn't read the entire excerpt from her program.

Regarding the quotes highlighted in bold:

"If you're that hypersensitive about color and don't have a sense of humor, don't marry out of your race."

Are you saying that's a racist statement? I think not....

"I really thought that once we had a black president, the attempt to demonize whites hating blacks would stop, but it seems to have grown, and I don't get it. Yes, I do. It's all about power."

Sure, that was a stupid thing for her to say. Taken at face value "the attempt to demonize whites hating blacks" indicates she's at least a bigot. But people can sometimes use an unfortunate choice of words in the heat of the moment that can completely misrepresent exactly what it is they're trying to say.

It just seems to me that she was just over-reacting to the other woman's sensitivity and said some dumb ass things...

Trans-Promo
08-15-2010, 05:39 PM
I watched a documentary on BET called " African American Lives " where they took DNA samples from numerous well known individuals including Maya Angelou, Tina Turner, Don Cheadle... If you are black and speaking up on the behalf of your ancestry - this is a great documentary for you to watch.

http://chud.com/articles/articles/15984/1/DVD-REVIEW-AFRICAN-AMERICAN-LIVES-2/Page1.html

I am in no position to speak here, you may think. But most of the human population has some sort of slave ancestry in them. Being Nubians, Egyptians, or Africans. I am not sure about the Asian culture.

I often watch the History Channel and NatGeo to educate myself on the World and history.

Slavery didn't just affect the blacks. I am ashamed of the past as well as you are. I am not a Jew but I cannot to the life of me watch anything to do with the Holocaust. It saddens me on a deep emotional level.

She could have said Nigga but she clearly said N***** so I can see where it hit your ear hard.

What I mean when I said " Moving on " is that we must move on if we want one race, and bringing up slavery, wars and things that separates us only keeps us apart.

We must learn from our mistakes, forgive our brothers and sisters, and learn to co-exist.

rockabilly
08-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Wise words Danielle.

cookiepuss
08-15-2010, 07:24 PM
I watched a documentary on BET called " African American Lives " where they took DNA samples from numerous well known individuals including Maya Angelou, Tina Turner, Don Cheadle... If you are black and speaking up on the behalf of your ancestry - this is a great documentary for you to watch.

http://chud.com/articles/articles/15984/1/DVD-REVIEW-AFRICAN-AMERICAN-LIVES-2/Page1.html

I am in no position to speak here, you may think. But most of the human population has some sort of slave ancestry in them. Being Nubians, Egyptians, or Africans. I am not sure about the Asian culture.

I often watch the History Channel and NatGeo to educate myself on the World and history.

Slavery didn't just affect the blacks. I am ashamed of the past as well as you are. I am not a Jew but I cannot to the life of me watch anything to do with the Holocaust. It saddens me on a deep emotional level.

She could have said Nigga but she clearly said N***** so I can see where it hit your ear hard.

What I mean when I said " Moving on " is that we must move on if we want one race, and bringing up slavery, wars and things that separates us only keeps us apart.

We must learn from our mistakes, forgive our brothers and sisters, and learn to co-exist.

What scares me is that in some countries it's a crime to question the holocaust! Punishable up to 10 years. Talk about Gestapo tactics:hide-1:

Solitary Brother
08-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Ok.
I love watching these threads take a turn....usually for the worst.
Honestly her saying "nigger nigger nigger" didnt bother me at all.
The part about the NAACP bothered me because I knew right then that bitch has same racial animosity in her heart.
But its not a big deal right?
Blacks are treated like this by the media all the time.
What is worse is when dumb ignorant self hating low life ghettofied black folks use these terms to describe themselves....far worse.
You have these dumb ignorant lowlife criminal rapper bastards who use it with their white friends!
We get treated like shit because we deserve to be.
We have no pride as a race and will continue to be treated like this because we want to be.
If you dont want to be then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

dj4monie
08-15-2010, 07:47 PM
What scares me is that in some countries it's a crime to question the holocaust! Punishable up to 10 years. Talk about Gestapo tactics:hide-1:

Are you saying after 60 years there are still questions or incidents that have an explanation?

What I will not question is the legitimacy of how many Polish and Russians the Nazi's murdered. Stalin is no saint either though their are revisionist in Russia too trying to paint him as a National Hero of sorts, thank god most Russians aren't buying it.

Racism in America is much more nuanced, Paul Street calls it Level 2. Very hard to prove without looking into a person's heart. I will also say, the Roma are looked down on in much of Europe but there's no militia out to commit murder (http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20090613/NEWS01/706139922) or "protect the boarder".

Danielle that documentary can be seen on PBS.com as well.

dj4monie
08-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Ok.
I love watching these threads take a turn....usually for the worst.
Honestly her saying "nigger nigger nigger" didnt bother me at all.
The part about the NAACP bothered me because I knew right then that bitch has same racial animosity in her heart.
But its not a big deal right?
Blacks are treated like this by the media all the time.
What is worse is when dumb ignorant self hating low life ghettofied black folks use these terms to describe themselves....far worse.
You have these dumb ignorant lowlife criminal rapper bastards who use it with their white friends!
We get treated like shit because we deserve to be.
We have no pride as a race and will continue to be treated like this because we want to be.
If you dont want to be then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

+1

NAACP is irrelevant

giovanni_hotel
08-16-2010, 12:34 AM
NAACP is not irrelevant.

I agree wholeheartedly with your last post, Danielle.

SarahG
08-19-2010, 08:57 PM
This is all one big farce.

No one cared who Dr Laura is anymore. Her show sucked. Its ratings sucked. People weren't buying her books by the truckload. Her contract was going to be up soon.

So she intentionally tried to piss people off to get put back into the spotlight, it worked, and now she's going to "quit"... she'll use that to gain more publicity by saying its all "those evil liberal PC-gestopo trying to force her off the air..." Next she'll hit the talk show circuits, go on Rush, FauxNews... throw her name on some poorly edited defecation, and hope it'll become the next hit with the people whose favorite authors are Palin or Coulter.

She's playing everyone as a bunch of fools, and unsurprisingly its working.

bte
08-19-2010, 11:12 PM
I am not surprised that she used the N-word. What surprised me was that a black caller called into her show wanting help in dealing with her white husband's friends and then Dr. Laura proceeded to insult her without giving her any real help.

Amsterdamage
08-20-2010, 02:57 AM
lol..the fact that this topic has 8 pages already shows that the media has their massess exactly where they want you to be. c'mon ppl, there's more important things going on than some dumb old woman saying 'nigger nigger nigger', which she totally meant as a quote btw so i dont see the big deal.

having that said, people/races will always have nicknames for eachother, whether intended to hurt or not. nigger..fag..ginger..spic..whitey..cheesehead (thats what ppl call the Dutch lol). again, me being mixed out of almost every race on this world, i dont get what all the fuss is about.

rameses2
08-20-2010, 06:36 AM
I am not surprised that she used the N-word. What surprised me was that a black caller called into her show wanting help in dealing with her white husband's friends and then Dr. Laura proceeded to insult her without giving her any real help.Ha,ha! That's what I thought! It's like FNC's 1.38% Black viewership.

bte
08-20-2010, 06:51 AM
Ha,ha! That's what I thought! It's like FNC's 1.38% Black viewership.

That 1.38% of black viewership belongs to Juan Williams.

yodajazz
08-20-2010, 04:00 PM
I am not surprised that she used the N-word. What surprised me was that a black caller called into her show wanting help in dealing with her white husband's friends and then Dr. Laura proceeded to insult her without giving her any real help.
I personally don't use that N-word. Still, I was curious as to the context of Dr. Laura's use of the word, before making judgment. The bottom line is that she used poor judgment. As a well paid media professional, she should be held to a high standard. How good was advice to the caller? I see very few people argiuing that it was good sound advice. To me it's not about "free speech", it's about a mental health professional, who is not sensitive enough to the needs of those seeking help, in a public forum. Part of a professional threraputic process, is for the provider to be able to put themselves in the position of the client, in order to show them the steps to greater success. I would guess that Dr laura is paid 10 times greater, than many others in her field. Those who provide care, even short time advice like Dr. Laura, are judged by the quality of care they give.

trish
08-20-2010, 04:48 PM
I hardly knew who Dr. Laura was before this little fiasco, but if that segment of her show is any indication I would have to say she makes a lousy councilor. Clearly Dr. L's agenda did not involve helping the caller come to terms with a growing tension between her, her husband and his friends. Dr. Laura obviously had some issues of her own that she needed to vent. That's okay, it's just not professional.

What are Dr. Laura's issues? She doesn't understand, apparently, why African Americans use the N-word among themselves without transgressing the cultural norms and other Americans usually cannot. Imagine that. A doctor of psychiatry who doesn't understand how cultural norms work! Of course she's pretending. Surely she understands that John Stewart can can criticize Jewish Americans in a way others cannot, without stepping across the line of socially acceptable behavior. A well known rule of comedy goes, "I can joke about my sister, you can't."

In spite of the norms of linguistic behavior, Dr. Laura can say anything she damn well pleases. Any one can use the N, the W, the K or any other word they please. The first amendment prevents the government from restricting freedom of expression. The first amendment also guarantees the rights of others to meet that expression with expression. You can say anything you want, but not with immunity to criticism. Dr. Laura can vent her frustrations all she likes, but freedom of speech doesn't mean she won't lose listeners and sponsors.

hippifried
08-20-2010, 05:29 PM
She's not a doctor of psychiatry. Her doctorate is in physiology. The thesis was something to do with insulin in lab rats. She took a couple of courses much later to get a licence as some kind of counselor (marriage I think). She's a recent convert to some kind of orthodox Judaism. Not a psychiatrist or psychologist at all. There's no there there. She's just another shock jock who thinks she should be able to babble whatever bullshit she wants with impunity. She's jumped on the rude bandwagon & made it an art form.

I don't care about her use of the word. (dare I say it?) What pissed me off was that when this woman called in to ask how to broach the subject of racial epithets with her husband, who's family & friends were continuously slinging them at her, this bitch basically told her to shut up & take it. She told the woman to stop being uppity because it was her fault for being black.

Fuck this worthless bitch. She's got no business complaining that she got treated the same way she treats others. Maybe she should have followed her own advice & not gone off the deep end with her impolitic tirade.

dgs925
09-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Ha!

So this thread shows me that both Trish and SarahG both still visit this site. So why on earth are there so many threads on the main page by a couple of ignorant racist tgirls?

You know they are ignorant because they talk like they didn't graduate high school, and you know they are racist because the shit that pours out of their mouths.

We need more intelligent contributions, from the likes of SarahG and Trish.

Silcc69
09-12-2010, 04:08 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule

goku
09-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Ha!

So this thread shows me that both Trish and SarahG both still visit this site. So why on earth are there so many threads on the main page by a couple of ignorant racist tgirls?

You know they are ignorant because they talk like they didn't graduate high school, and you know they are racist because the shit that pours out of their mouths.

We need more intelligent contributions, from the likes of SarahG and Trish.

I can't get through any of your posts with that avatar up there.....lol

dgs925
09-13-2010, 05:09 PM
I can't get through any of your posts with that avatar up there.....lol
yeah, it cracks me up too. Found it as a screen shot to a file on empornium