PDA

View Full Version : Rap Fans in da Howiz?

A_Thug_Fessional
11-15-2005, 11:54 PM
I love, live, and breath hip hop. I do think that hip hop in general does not treat or give the respect to the classics, greats, and fallen icons they deserve. If any genre truly lived the 'here today gone tomorrow' creed, hip hop would be it.

rick_932
11-16-2005, 12:17 AM
90% of the music i listen to is hip hop. im real big on east coast (new york) hiphop. nas, jigga, biggie, mobb deep, dipset, gunit, state prop, etc... you dont find too many cats from the south that are like this

Brideshead
11-16-2005, 12:21 AM
I love rap music. It's all I listen to. My favorite MC is Tupac.

Quinn
11-16-2005, 12:25 AM
Also a big fan. I've been listening since RUN DMC's King of Rock album in the early/mid eighties. My all time favorite: Public Enemy.

-Quinn

McRen
11-16-2005, 01:53 AM
Tupac had a MASSIVE influence on society. The world is a different place because of him. He really was a genious, but made very poor choices in life, and paid for it.

In terms of having charisma, talent, and intelligence, i dont think he'll ever be surpassed. Theres a reason why todays biggest Rap stars all credit him with being the biggest influence. If he was live today, and had leaned away from the Ganster Rap, more towards mainstream, he'd probly be one of the top few artists in the music world today, and maybe even one of the top actors. at least black actors.

I'm sure the east coast people will flame me for this, but there are people all over the world who reveare Pac, and will forever. His music and message is not dead.

PS, everyone should watch 'Tupac: Resurrection', even if yer not a Pac or Rap fan, its an amazing look into someone who really did have a lasting effect on the world.

partlycloudy
11-16-2005, 02:06 AM
mc ren the ruthless villain,
dre, the muthafuckin docta

NickTheQuick
11-16-2005, 02:07 AM
Tupac Schmupac....... "Y'All Ain't Ready" for Kfed biotches!!!!!!

52 sec. clip of the his upcoming hit single http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EYZ46WWH

You know it's pretty bad when Britney thinks it's horrible. Fuck Platinum his album is going straight Wood.

Perverted Monk
11-16-2005, 04:35 AM
Kool Kieth's "Dr.Octogon" was a classic.

Hip hops best years: 88' to 94'
Public Enemy
Boogie Down Prod.
Tribe called Quest
NWA
De la Soul
Gangstarr
And the list is just to long...

There just not much moving me in hip hop anymore. I'm feeling a few cats like MF Doom, Common, Madlib, little brother, but a lot is just not doing it for me.

I listen to a lot of what is labeled "Neo-Soul" nowadays.

InHouston
11-16-2005, 04:58 AM
Tupac had a MASSIVE influence on society. The world is a different place because of him. He really was a genious

:shock: Ooooooooooooooookay.

I saw his influence on society in traffic court when a guy went before the judge with a Tupac shirt that read, "Only God can judge me." He got up there arguing with the judge, let a few smart-ass comments slip as he stepped away from the bench, and the judge slammed his ass in jail for 3 days for contempt of court.

Tupac is a babbling thug. Sorry, but that's how I feel about him. I think he's popular because girls find him attractive, and brothers listen to what the girls listen too for pussy. Quote unquote from Tupac, "You got to wrap to da bitches." Then the bruthas will buy your albums.

Hype hype hype.

seanj
11-16-2005, 05:30 AM
tupac is the most overrated hip hop artist of all time...how some people call him the goat is a joke...he had alot of passion for what he was doing but he wasnt much of an emcee...he was an ok lyricist and his flow was very average...i love hip hop and we should give props to truely great emcees such as big l, kool g rap, and rakim(the goat).

Kramer
11-16-2005, 05:34 AM
They all suck! Every single last one of them!!

Brideshead
11-16-2005, 06:35 AM
I think Tupac is the greatest, but I'm not going to argue about, because there is no accounting for taste which means that personal preferences are not debatable. We each have our own taste in rap music. Hip Hop is the culture.

InHouston
11-16-2005, 04:16 PM
I think Tupac is the greatest, but I'm not going to argue about, because there is no accounting for taste which means that personal preferences are not debatable. We each have our own taste in rap music. Hip Hop is the culture.

Hip hop was cool in the 80's until it turned into a thug culture. You get some knucklehead from the hood who puts one finger on a drum machine or keyboard, spews some idiot lyrics into the mic, and people call that person a genius. Tupac was a knucklehead with a fast mouth. The real artists are the no names who actually composed and played the music behind the rap. Those are musicians.

Brideshead
11-16-2005, 04:23 PM

Hip hop was cool in the 80's until it turned into a thug culture. You get some knucklehead from the hood who puts one finger on a drum machine or keyboard, spews some idiot lyrics into the mic, and people call that person a genius. Tupac was a knucklehead with a fast mouth. The real artists are the no names who actually composed and played the music behind the rap. Those are musicians.

I am standing by my statement, and I am not going to argue about this. Everyone has an opinion, and are entitled to express it. Personal preferences are not debatable.

Brideshead
11-16-2005, 06:34 PM
I also like NWA, and Westside Connection. Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre's The Chronic.

Quinn
11-16-2005, 08:16 PM
First things I burned her were A Tribe Called Quest "Low End Theory"

Low End Theory is probablly in my top ten as far as fovorite albums would be concerned. Tribe tunred out some really great albums over the years.

-Quinn

AllanahStarrNYC
11-16-2005, 10:13 PM
I love hip hop and rap- actually I love all kinds of music- classical, jazz, r &b, top 40, disco, music from the 50's and 60's, country, rock, 80's- pretty much everything expect very heavy metal, thrash, or death metal. So my taste are rather eclectic.

My favorite rapper is Missy Elliot because she is so innovative and creative with her songs and videos and images. She is not afraid to take risks and does not adhere to the almost "cookie cutter" rap song, video that seems to be very popular these days.

I like Tupac- I think he was a very talented artist but I am not to clear or know how benefitial his messages were or personal antics. I saw a documentary on him recently and it seemed like he was very bright-yet he had a lot of anger in him and these two things clashed sometimes which in my opinion had a lot of negative effects.

Brideshead
11-16-2005, 10:31 PM
I love hip hop and rap- actually I love all kinds of music- classical, jazz, r &b, top 40, disco, music from the 50's and 60's, country, rock, 80's- pretty much everything expect very heavy metal, thrash, or death metal. So my taste are rather eclectic.

My favorite rapper is Missy Elliot because she is so innovative and creative with her songs and videos and images. She is not afraid to take risks and does not adhere to the almost "cookie cutter" rap song, video that seems to be very popular these days.

I like Tupac- I think he was a very talented artist but I am not to clear or know how benefitial his messages were or personal antics. I saw a documentary on him recently and it seemed like he was very bright-yet he had a lot of anger in him and these two things clashed sometimes which in my opinion had a lot of negative effects.

Yes he was very angry at the injustices of this country. He was angry about how blacks especially black men are treated in this country, and his anger frighten many people.

AllanahStarrNYC
11-16-2005, 10:39 PM
Personally, I did not find it frightening- I found that he misdirected it, hence he did scare a lot of people.

McRen
11-16-2005, 11:25 PM
About Tupac, his message wasnt exactly positive to the outside world, but the passion reached a lot of people. His message was clouded in the gangster style that provided him the venue to speak to the world. He was definately angry. He wanted things to change, he wanted things to be better. He spoke to the underdog. His lyrics were actually deep, even tho on the surface they were rather hateful and harsh. He spoke from the black perspective, but the message was true to anyone who's ever felt like the underdog. I wouldnt be who I am today without his influence, and its shame his life got cut short before he was able to do more (more positive things that is)

Brideshead
11-16-2005, 11:44 PM
Personally, I did not find it frightening- I found that he misdirected it, hence he did scare a lot of people.

I disagree. I don't think that either him or his music was misdirected, but I do think that it was misunderstood by some.