PDA

View Full Version : Transgendered woman called "He-She" by hospital staff

www.tglovers.com
07-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Transgendered woman called "He-She" by hospital staff (http://cerebraldiva.blogspot.com/2010/07/transgender-woman-says-hospital.html)

FREE TG SOCIAL NETWORK
SETUP A FREE PROFILE AND PREPARE TO PLAY
WWW.TGLOVERS.COM (http://thetrannydiaries.ning.com/)

BellaBellucci
07-30-2010, 11:04 PM
What does this transwoman look like? Act like? Sound like? There's no photo. If she's early in transition (and it sounds like she is) or sends masculine verbal and/or body language cues (and it sounds like she does), it could have started out as an honest misunderstanding that was escalated by a spooked transwoman into something that it wasn't. I've seen plenty of times where an opportunity to educate was turned into a gotcha-moment by a TS with a bruised ego.

And of course, we're talking about Indiana here. This is bad, but hardly outrageous.

~BB~

reg
07-30-2010, 11:07 PM
What does this transwoman look like? Act like? Sound like? There's no photo. If she's early in transition (and it sounds like she is) or sends masculine verbal and/or body language cues (and it sounds like she does), it could have started out as an honest misunderstanding that was escalated by a spooked transwoman into something that it wasn't. I've seen plenty of times where an opportunity to educate was turned into a gotcha-moment by a TS with a bruised ego.

And of course, we're talking about Indiana here. This is bad, but hardly outrageous.

~BB~

Of course the medical computer will list him as a male, a whole number of indicators depends on the biological sex...

BellaBellucci
07-30-2010, 11:11 PM
Of course the medical computer will list him as a male, a whole number of indicators depends on the biological sex...

Well, no, that's not true either. She should have been checked in under the gender on her license, provided by state law. Her chart, being much more discreet, would have told the doctor about her TG status.

I for one know that if this happened to me (and honestly, it hasn't) I would leave. Not because I was spooked, but because people who disrespect you so blatantly probably don't have the best intentions in regards to your health.

~BB~

mbf
07-30-2010, 11:13 PM
How convenient that this incident could be used for a plug of the op's websites ...

reg
07-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Well, no, that's not true either. She should have been checked in under the gender on her license, provided by state law. Her chart, being much more discreet, would have told the doctor about her TG status.

I for one know that if this happened to me (and honestly, it hasn't) I would leave. Not because I was spooked, but because people who disrespect you so blatantly probably don't have the best intentions in regards to your health.

~BB~

It is true, because for a number of things, women have different results than males... and with no amout of hormones can you change that...

giovanni_hotel
07-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Being called a 'he-she' is better than just a 'he' IMHO; at least on a crude level there's recognition that this person is not a CD.

BellaBellucci
07-30-2010, 11:19 PM
It is true, because for a number of things, women have different results than males... and with no amout of hormones can you change that...

That's true, but...

Her chart, being much more discreet, would have told the doctor about her TG status.

Being called a 'he-she' is better than just a 'he' IMHO; at least on a crude level there's recognition that this person is not a CD.

Totally. It also indicates that there was genuine confusion at the beginning of this incident.

~BB~

reg
07-30-2010, 11:24 PM
That's true, but...

Totally. It also indicates that there was genuine confusion at the beginning of this incident.

~BB~

especially because "he/she" has a wife and a kid...

BellaBellucci
07-30-2010, 11:29 PM
especially because "he/she" has a wife and a kid...

I'd say it was probably a contributing factor, but it wasn't 'especially because...' You must have been hanging out with Nicole lately. ;)

~BB~

reg
07-30-2010, 11:38 PM
I'd say it was probably a contributing factor, but it wasn't 'especially because...' You must have been hanging out with Nicole lately. ;)

~BB~

nicole????

BellaBellucci
07-30-2010, 11:43 PM
nicole????

Inside joke. :lol:

~BB~

Silcc69
07-31-2010, 12:11 AM
Somebody was watching Jerry Springer to much.

bat1
07-31-2010, 01:01 AM
what happend to ''Tgirl'' ? :confused:

giovanni_hotel
07-31-2010, 01:07 AM
what happend to ''Tgirl'' ? :confused:

If a hospital staffer calls a transgendered woman a 'tgirl', we will all have indeed reached the promised land!!:praying:

Aimee
07-31-2010, 07:01 PM
it's a tough one. As Bella pointed out you don't know what stage of transition she was going through and although i found her facebook by googlewhacking her there was no picture. I've seen some pretty scary trans girls out there and, while I'm not assuming Erin is one of them, you can understand some confusing on how to address somone especially if you don't know if they're trying to pass as a woman or is just a bloke who likes dressing that way.

From reading the article it is clear that Erin tried to point out that she was legally female and so that should have answered any confusion if there was any.

Even assuming Erin was a bloke in a dress (which I am not assuming) there is still no excuse for some of the terms that were allegedly used by the article. "He-she" is one thing as an unsure slip of the tounge but refering to somone as "the transvettite thing" is bloody rude and the person should be disciplined.

on another note, the article says she was kept waiting for 2 hours. being from the UK that sounds pretty quick to me!

Nicole Dupre
08-01-2010, 04:52 AM
Inside joke. :lol:

~BB~
Oh, grow up. As usual, nobody knows what you're talking about. The only "inside joke" is the one in your skull that you supposedly use as a brain.

Now go fuck your new bulldagger GF, Tika, in the ass and stop being obsessed with me, you jailbird hippie.

SarahG
08-01-2010, 02:42 PM

On the same side of that coin, someone who is far into transition isn't going to have the same results as a GB... depending on what test or medical characteristic we're talking about.

The devil is in the details, even among GGs there is such variance between individuals that medical treatments often have to be handled on a case by case basis. That's why it's so important for medical professionals to handle their patients with respect and confidentiality. They NEED the patient to be forthcoming about whatever may be relevant to the case, and you can't get that if the patient is afraid of stigmatization or grade school style bullying.

peggygee
08-05-2010, 08:20 AM
The hospital must not have read the 2008 resolution by the AMA, by the Annual Meeting of the House of Delegates, at which several items of importance to GLBT persons were approved.

The AMA affirms that it has not been its policy now or in the past to discriminate with regard to sexual orientation or gender identity. (Res. 1, A-93; Reaffirmed: CCB Rep. 6, A-03; Modified: BOT Rep. 11, A-07) H-65.992 Continued Support of Human Rights and Freedom

Our AMA continues (1) to support the dignity of the individual, human rights and the sanctity of human life, and (2) to oppose any discrimination based on an individual's sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, disability, ethnic origin, national origin or age and any other such reprehensible policies. (Sub. Res. 107, A-85; Modified by CLRPD Rep. 2, I-95; Reaffirmation A-00; Reaffirmation A-05; Modified: BOT Rep. 11, A-07) H-180.980 Sexual Orientation and/or Gender Identity as Health Insurance Criteria....

http://theipowa.org/?q=content/ama-resolution-approves-care-transgender

Stoked
08-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Muncie Ind. huh? Muncie, the hotbed of transgendered individuals? Get over it... most of the residents in Los Angeles have no experience with TG's that they know of and even less knowledge of what your lives are like, or even the difference between transvestites and TG's. Face it, you are freaks to most people. And you want what... to hold some hospital workers in Muncie accountable for not understanding your lifestyle?

LMAO... go ahead condemn and call them closed minded. Are you any better than they?

BellaBellucci
08-05-2010, 09:56 AM
http://media.skateboard.com.au/forum/images/troll-web1.jpg

~BB~

Stoked
08-05-2010, 10:03 AM
typical... name calling.

SarahG
08-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Muncie Ind. huh? Muncie, the hotbed of transgendered individuals? Get over it... most of the residents in Los Angeles have no experience with TG's that they know of and even less knowledge of what your lives are like, or even the difference between transvestites and TG's. Face it, you are freaks to most people. And you want what... to hold some hospital workers in Muncie accountable for not understanding your lifestyle?

LMAO... go ahead condemn and call them closed minded. Are you any better than they?

They don't have to understand.

They just have to do their jobs.

It's brilliantly simple. A person goes to the ER and complains about an ailment, the people who work there figure out what is wrong and fix it.

Anyone who works at an ER who doesn't do that, isn't doing their job.

/story.