PDA

View Full Version : Club Cobra is closed

AmyDaly
07-29-2010, 11:27 PM
noone else made a thread about it already

Does anyone know what happened?

drock
07-29-2010, 11:30 PM
U serious, why? And that was my only reason for wanting to go to Los Angles.. damn!!

Realgirls4me
07-29-2010, 11:31 PM
noone else made a thread about it already
Whaaaaa??? Permanently,temporarily...what happened? They lose their liquor license,lease,what? I was hoping to visit there soon. Grrrrrrrr. :thumbsdown

AmyDaly
07-29-2010, 11:31 PM
U serious, why? And that was my only reason for wanting to go to Los Angles.. damn!!

i have no idea...but there is still lots goin on. Club rage mondays,Oxwood saturdays,The palms fri/mon,hamburger marys on tuesday. I'm sure there will be a replacement for cobra.

Realgirls4me
07-29-2010, 11:34 PM
Amy,
When did this happen? And,yes,I'm sure some venue will step it up and fill the void. By the way,it was nice meeting you that night at the Tranny Awards a couple of months ago. :)

drock
07-29-2010, 11:35 PM
i have no idea...but there is still lots goin on. Club rage mondays,Oxwood saturdays,The palms fri/mon,hamburger marys on tuesday. I'm sure there will be a replacement for cobra.

I sure hope so.. I didn't think there was any other place like that one after seeing all the pics of the girls who hung out there.. So of course I had it etched in my mind that I was going to do there one weekend and hang out and have a blast.. I still think it's pretty fucked up if they're closed permanently.. I don't know anything about those other joints but hopefully they can pick up the slack from Cobra???

AmyDaly
07-29-2010, 11:36 PM
Amy,
When did this happen? And,yes,I'm sure some venue will step it up and fill the void. By the way,it was nice meeting you that night at the Tranny Awards a couple of months ago. :)

Was nice meeting you too : ) I think people found out about it today? There myspace and facebook accounts are gone. I'm sure others know why is closed. I have no idea why, but maybe someone else does.

BellaBellucci
07-29-2010, 11:43 PM
I have no idea why, but maybe someone else does.

Hmm, well, it could be the:

Drugs
Violence
Indoor prostitution
Outdoor prostitution
Nudity without a license
Code violations
Death threats on stage
Neighbors complaining about noise
Anti-competitive practices by the management

... because the club is still open. Only Goddess has been canceled.

~BB~

AmyDaly
07-29-2010, 11:46 PM

Drugs
Violence
Indoor prostitution
Outdoor prostitution
Nudity without a license
Code violations
Death threats on stage

~BB~
yea, but there was prolly a last straw

BLKGSXR
07-29-2010, 11:46 PM

Drugs
Violence
Indoor prostitution
Outdoor prostitution
Nudity without a license
Code violations
Death threats on stage

~BB~Ok Ive seen violence indoor/outdoor prostitution Nudity but thats it...this all being said I will surely miss this night :-/

CaptainPlanet
07-29-2010, 11:50 PM

Drugs
Violence
Indoor prostitution
Outdoor prostitution
Nudity without a license
Code violations
Death threats on stage

~BB~

that could sure do it! Is this girl on girl violence?

BellaBellucci
07-29-2010, 11:56 PM
that could sure do it! Is this girl on girl violence?

Generally, but certainly not always.

~BB~

BLKGSXR
07-29-2010, 11:58 PM
Generally, but certainly not always.

~BB~
Bullshit
Ive never seen guys go at it lol.

BellaBellucci
07-30-2010, 12:00 AM
Bullshit

Really? Never? :whistle:

~BB~

BLKGSXR
07-30-2010, 12:07 AM
Really? Never? :whistle:

~BB~
Not with other guys...with the girls it happens yes...rarely.

AmyDaly
07-30-2010, 12:30 AM
Bullshit

I dunno, I've heard some crazy stories.

I've even had some crazy drag queen and gay dude try to fight me there :wiggle:

BellaBellucci
07-30-2010, 12:34 AM
I dunno, I've heard some crazy stories.

I've even had some crazy drag queen and gay dude try to fight me there :wiggle:

That's funny because the first time I ever ventured out there, some trolo bitches were harassing Celeste and I remember you just stood there with that priceless 'what the fuck is wrong with these bitches' look on your face. Why anyone would give Celeste or you shit is completely beyond me. But hey, we'll always have the memories.

~BB~

SmithXXX
07-30-2010, 02:01 AM
I spoke to Leslie Monroy this morning, and I'm the one who sent out the Text messages to everybody letting them know that Goddess (aka Cobra) is closed. Why they are closed is nobody's business but the clubs. With that said please don't spout off your speculations, conjectures, or point fingers. If it had to do with solicitation, violence, etc....does not matter. Lets try to keep it on a positive note. Just because the club is closed tonight doesn't mean it will not be re-opened at a new location. All this negativity will do is hinder the success of a new location in the future. Leslie is shooting to have a new venue by next Thursday. I will send out a text to everybody when I hear something, and I will also post it here on HA as well. We (Willie Escalade, KilaKali, BLKGSXR, and myself) will continue to post pictures if the new venue permits it. Until then please try to keep your opinions as to why the club closed to yourself. Because as we all know that no matter what not everybody is going to be happy. Weather it be Location, parking, cover charge, drink prices, etc...somebody will find a way to bitch and complain. Goddess/Cobra was a lot of fun while it lasted, and it was a place that everybody could go, and feel welcome regardless of weather they were a TS, TV, CD, GG, Gay, Straight, Bi or whatever. Every club has/had it's little niche: Goddess (Cobra), Sexy Bitch (Rage), Shine (Oxwood), Illusion (Palms), or Hamburger Mary's all have one main thing in common. they are all Transgendered friendly regardless of race, color, creed, etc. So instead of being negative try supporting each club, and if you don't like the club "Don't Go".
Remember these quotes:
"If you don't have anything nice to say. Don't say anything at all"
"Opinions are like assholes - Everybody has one, and they all stink"
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and thought a fool. Than to open it and remove all doubt".

I hope this clears up any questions (which I know it will not). If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. I will continue to keep everybody as informed.

Willie Escalade
07-30-2010, 02:19 AM
I'm bummed out. I just saw the last picture I ever took there...oh, the memories...

AmyDaly
07-30-2010, 02:20 AM
I'm bummed out. I just saw the last picture I ever took there...oh, the memories...

There will be new ones : ) Same thing, different place .

Willie Escalade
07-30-2010, 02:36 AM
I'll be in Long Beach Saturday. Don't worry about that...

BellaBellucci
07-30-2010, 03:02 AM
I'll be in Long Beach Saturday. Don't worry about that...

Just make sure you bring the good camera. ;)

http://bellabellucci.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/tgirl-sat.jpg

~BB~

Felicia Katt
07-30-2010, 03:17 AM
Goddess is canceled for tonight only. Plans are for it to open at a new location next week. Club Cobra was just a building. The fun and friendly people and the vibrant positive energy that made Thursdays special will soon live on behind some other walls. In the meanwhile, stand by and I'll keep people posted with details as soon as I have them

FK

SeekingHeat
07-30-2010, 04:13 AM
Awwww,

I came into town just to experience Goddess night. Can anyone help out with an alternative that even comes close in town? Where are the tranny ladies going tonight?

-Roop

AmyDaly
07-30-2010, 04:17 AM
Awwww,

I came into town just to experience Goddess night. Can anyone help out with an alternative that even comes close in town? Where are the tranny ladies going tonight?

-Roop

Oxwood on Saturdays gets packed but its a slightly different crowd. Who knows though...maybe they will get the cobra crowd that missed thursday. The palms friday nights is usually kinda whatever, but again, maybe a lot of people will show up there this week

SeekingHeat
07-30-2010, 04:21 AM
Thank you, miss. I was thinking Oxwood tonight as well. Im back out of town tomorrow, so tonight is it, unfortunately :(. If any word comes along, please pass along.

-Roop

Trans-Promo
07-30-2010, 04:56 AM
I am not speculating anything but there are a few people who ruin the fun for everyone else. I can honestly say I have never solicited at an establishment in LA or anywhere else for that matter, when I am out it's to meet fans and hang with friends. If I went home with a guy it's because I wanted to sit on his dick.

At the old Peanuts 7969 I almost got punched, and got into a huge fight at the old Yukan restaurant with some crazy drag queen/chola who keyed Felicia Katt's car from bumper to bumper.

I have seen many many fights except for the clubs that are frequented mainly by cross dressers such as the awesome club in Pasadena ( where I first met Willie Escalade ) and Oxwood of corse.

You bring Prostitution and crazy Gay Guys who think that taking a hormone shot makes you a woman and you got your hands full. It is probably very hard to find a venue in town.

Not to be a bitch but if I had a trans night it would be high class, dress code, and I would have someone at the door who knew the community and only allowed in people who were cool.

Once at the Palms some crazy bitch broke a beer bottle and slashed a man's face - YES PEOPLE YOU HEARD IT RIGHT.

These tranny clubs are out of control, that is why I rarely go out anymore. Just too much bullshit and it's just way too dangerous. I could look at a girl the wrong way or she could think I looked at her the wrong way and start throwing punches.

Makes me mad we can't have a clean and drama free place to go to, like I said... a few people hurt all the rest.

BellaBellucci
07-30-2010, 05:04 AM
Makes me mad we can't have a clean and drama free place to go to, like I said... a few people hurt all the rest.

There are plenty of places in L.A. still like that.

http://bellabellucci.info/2010/06/15/a-list-of-l-a-trans-clubs/

~BB~

SeekingHeat
07-30-2010, 05:28 AM
Im new to west coast, but a veteran of east coast parties. I've never ever seen a serious issue occur at any trans event. In fact, Ive always been at how sweet and sincere the ladies I met are. Sorry to hear that it's been different out here.

-Roop

Trans-Promo
07-30-2010, 05:40 AM
I will tell you exactly what is wrong but in fear of being seen as less I will keep my mouth shut.

bat1
07-30-2010, 05:59 AM
what about club 7969 or peanuts

is it still open?

SmithXXX
07-30-2010, 06:04 AM
I will tell you exactly what is wrong but in fear of being seen as less I will keep my mouth shut.

I could not agree with you more. That is why I said what I said. I agree whole heartedly with your first post as well.

As for Tonight. Since Goddess is NOT open, Buddy Wood set up a thing at Blue Moon Nights at 4712 Lankershim blvd in North Hollywood. Lankershim and Camarillo.

Realgirls4me
07-30-2010, 06:14 AM
... It's all basically a numbers game.There simply aren't that many TS/TV friendly establishments even in a place as large as Los Angeles and all of its surrounding incorporated cities. The everyday straight Joe can move on from one straight bar to the next until he/she finds one that fits,but the TS/TV community really doesn't have that luxury.
All minorities have their trash (just look around here),so it should not really surprise anyone that the psychos (those that would key a car or bash a woman over the head with a beer bottle,etc,over petty insecurities or some other triviality) and drama queens of the TS/TV community would also congregate at places such as Peanuts or Club Cobra.They,with their ghetto behavior in tote,also have nowhere to really go,so they frequent places where they are tolerated.Freaks and psychos will always be with us,and unfortunately in this case,they congregate where we -- the ones just out for fun -- are affected by them.

SmithXXX
07-30-2010, 06:19 AM
Ok well Dont anybody tell the trouble makers and lets all go have a great time tonight at "Blue Moon Nights" 4712 Lankershim blvd in North Hollywood. Lankershim and Camarillo.

Realgirls4me
07-30-2010, 06:28 AM
...Wish I could go,Yogi.

Felicia Katt
07-30-2010, 06:34 AM
I'm a well known troublemaker. Viva says so every week, so it must be true, so even though I got the word, I will stay away from Blue Moon tonite LOL (that and I made other plans when I got the news about Cobra) :)

FK

Helvis2012
07-30-2010, 07:07 AM
Naturally, it's got to be about all the booze they sell, drugs and prostitution....that's the downfall of every good scene.

BLKGSXR
07-30-2010, 07:09 AM
you promise?:dancing:

drock
07-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Hopefully another club picks up the slack. Club Cobra was the number one reason I wanted to come out and visit LA so I could see some of the beautiful girls there.

livepersona
07-30-2010, 04:32 PM
If drama, drugs, violence and disrupting these venues then I think the answer would be to bring in an elevated level of security staff to work these venues. All clubs have security and these clubs should be no different. I haven't been to any of the LA clubs, so I'm not sure if this is the case.