PDA

View Full Version : What do u do when your NOT online? DETAILS PLEASE.

aTsLiKeN0oThEr
11-15-2005, 06:28 AM
This should be interesting if people actually take the time to address the topic instead of change it into something else.

READY WHEN YA'LL ARE.... who's 1st??

Brideshead
11-15-2005, 06:30 AM
I work and study. I am a legal student.

Ecstatic
11-15-2005, 06:35 AM
Like yourself, ., I'm an internet professional, owning my own web design and hosting business, so I'm online a lot--too much (yet I still find time to hang out on the forums...call me crazy). But I love to do things that have nothing to do with computers, let alone the 'net. My favorite activities (aside from the obvious making the beast with two backs with a tgirl, lol) include hiking, biking, walking, kayaking (just put in Sunday for probably the last time this year: 60 degrees, a little windy, choppy waters, playing with two families of eight swan who I've been watching all summer), reading, playing guitar (to entertain myself and annoy the cats) and listening to live music (played by guys who know what they're doing), cooking, watching TV. These are a few of my favorite things.

Oh yes, Angela reminded me, daily meditation as well: 15-30 minutes a day, usually with one of my cats.

aTsLiKeN0oThEr
11-15-2005, 07:01 AM
Cool. Ironic that the 2 of u posted on this topic and none of the nasty or negative ones. I must say Angela and Ecstatic I have always enjoyed reading your posts. They have always been articulate, respectful to all, and I view both of u as quite intellectual folks. Just thought I would let u guys know. 8)

Ecstatic
11-15-2005, 07:06 AM
:)

IWantATgirl
11-15-2005, 08:09 AM
I work 12hrs a day 7 days a week when I am on the road so that pretty much my life during the outage season. Otherwise I play with my cars and travel. Love going to Fells Point, still hoping to catch you out there ..

Eric

aTsLiKeN0oThEr
11-15-2005, 08:11 AM
Definitely!! They have great food there and it's right on the water. I would never turn down an invite to dinner at fells point. 1 of my favorite spots in Bmore. Lotsa people and culture and very diverse. So much to eat, see and do.

IWantATgirl
11-15-2005, 08:16 AM
Next time I head down that way I will have to get ahold of you. I wouldnt be much company though, I would probably be speechless.

Eric

aTsLiKeN0oThEr
11-15-2005, 08:17 AM
lmao. i'm actually pretty down to earth in person as many have found. i'm pretty easy to talk to n good at making folks comfortable when they first meet me. but definitely give me a shout whenever sweetie. u can never have too many friends.

LG
11-15-2005, 10:10 AM
I spend most of my time writing nowadays, both technical stuff and creatively, and even though I'm technically online several hours a day it's broadband- I don't actually use the net that much any more.

When I'm out I go to bars, restaurants or friends homes. I'm also interested in music, cooking, reading and mixology.

BeardedOne
11-15-2005, 10:28 AM
I work, work, work, eat, work, work, and sometimes sleep (Though definitely not enough). :(

Oh, look! It's almost 4 AM! Time to go to work. :cry:

Chica
11-15-2005, 10:46 AM
well right now i just sit about doing nothing at all, sometimes clubbing on a night, but i start work tomorrow so there won't be any chance of partying :( nightshift

but hobbies i like are movies, music, drawing, go clubbing and just hanging with friends

chloe8269
11-15-2005, 11:05 AM
i work in the mornings, usually movies, hanging out with my mom or friends, yoga/pilates class, and art art my main time consumers, . and eating (blush)

McRen
11-15-2005, 11:44 AM
I own and run a computer store, so im almost always online. Its nice to be able to do a days worth of work on MSN before getting out of bed hehe. But its nice to go for drinks and a nice dinner with friends at a Lounge or something. I live in an outdoor lovers dreamland tho, I really should take advantage.

hwbs
11-15-2005, 12:09 PM
AHHH....my spare time these days consisting of working on the new house and hittin the gym, and going to the nyc on the weekends to hang out with friends :D

Canucklehead
11-15-2005, 03:34 PM
Read, watch tv, listen to music and I am on 2 indoor coed ball hockey teams. (what a surprise, a Canajun playing a hockey variant).

dreamer
11-15-2005, 05:04 PM
welp ---I love the internet --and it is a part of my day ---BUT ---I work --daydream ---watch TV --play -write -and record on guitar and bass guitar --eat --SLEEEEEP!! ---call me lazy --but sometimes sleep is the only place that makes sense ------if I had someone to do stuff with -my list of LAMEness would be ......neverending (neverending lameness????)

LG
11-15-2005, 05:20 PM
dreamer, The Neverending Lameness sounds like a good name for a rock band. You could all dress up in suits either two sizes too small or two sizes too big, pockets full of pens and dildos, wearing T-shirts with cartoon characters having sex underneath, thick horn rimmed glasses taped in the middle, baseball caps turned the wrong way and sandals with socks.

Then again, maybe not.

dreamer
11-15-2005, 05:41 PM
yeah --I'm gonna jot that down man --you rock!

bunzy
11-15-2005, 07:04 PM
Interesting topic ,usually when I'm not online I study, go to work ,and spend so much time in the studio as I'm tryna become a hiphop producer

OlenkaDC
11-16-2005, 12:12 AM
Lots and lots of crazy work, I am a software engineer and work for a company that provides online services to finantial institutions, so I spend a lot of time with computers... when not working making finantial websites I read computer books :P or develop small websites (not too much of that lately), PlayStation 2, shopping, listen to music, go to the movies and do lots and lots of cycling (weather depending). 8)

aTsLiKeN0oThEr
11-16-2005, 12:22 AM
hey bunzy do u have a site or demo or something. if i hook u up i want 20% if u get signed. lol. i have some numbers in my cell that u wouldn't believe and back when i used to smoke weed u wouldn't belive the folks i was smoking with. we still kick it from time to time even though i quit smoking. private message me n we will talk.

p.s.- i'm serious bout that 20%. i never turn down a lucrative business op.

InHouston
11-16-2005, 12:29 AM
Lots and lots of crazy work, I am a software engineer and work for a company that provides online services to finantial institutions, so I spend a lot of time with computers... when not working making finantial websites I read computer books :P or develop small websites (not too much of that lately), PlayStation 2, shopping, listen to music, go to the movies and do lots and lots of cycling (weather depending). 8)

Same here. I'm a software engineer too. Self-employed, work from home, and designed, built, and support Overdraft Protection software for banks all over the United States. If you overdrew your checking account, there's a good chance that the letter you received from the bank was generated by my system.

I workout, play piano, keyboards, drums, compose music, and watch the news quite a bit. I also watch the military channel quite a bit as well. I'm facinated with the technology the military has because its so computer-driven now. I have two custom choppers, and like to bar hop and drink Miller Lite with buds on bikes. We don't do the Harley thing though.

These are my two choppers. I did the lights myself. Some people in this forum figure me for a redneck cause I live in Texas. I'm quite the contrary.

Slither
11-16-2005, 12:31 AM
I listen to/make music

and um....surf.

InHouston
11-16-2005, 12:32 AM
I MASTURBATE FURIOUSLY.

AT LEAST 3 TIMES A DAY.

:)

Me too. At minimum three times a day. Shit, I'm overdue now.

aTsLiKeN0oThEr
11-16-2005, 12:34 AM
mmmmmmmmmotorcyles are so sexy. i'ma get one this spring. not a chopper tho. i want a pink suzuki 600 sport n gradually i wanna work my way up to a hayabusa.

your bikes are fab. i like the lighting too. nice touch. makes me wanna get naked n pose on them for a photoshoot.

A_Thug_Fessional
11-16-2005, 12:38 AM
Favorite Pastimes:

1. Photography/Videography - guess it's an extension of my line of work.
2. Producing Music or Writing Music - See above.
3. Working out or playing basketball.
4. Promoting parties and clubs - See #'s 1 & 2
5. Study/Seek enlightenment.

aTsLiKeN0oThEr
11-16-2005, 12:46 AM
Professional photographer servicing the DC_MD_VA areas. Email to inquire about services.

...hmmmmm. we might have to do some private "work".

MacShreach
11-16-2005, 12:55 AM
mmmmmmmmmotorcyles are so sexy. i'ma get one this spring. not a chopper tho. i want a pink suzuki 600 sport n gradually i wanna work my way up to a hayabusa.

your bikes are fab. i like the lighting too. nice touch. makes me wanna get naked n pose on them for a photoshoot.

And you gonna get good training first, I hopes. Those there is fast little fuckers.

Here's one of my li'l babes

aTsLiKeN0oThEr
11-16-2005, 01:11 AM
yea thas y im getting a 600cc. anything higher can kill a beginner in a new york minute.

A_Thug_Fessional
11-16-2005, 01:15 AM
Professional photographer servicing the DC_MD_VA areas. Email to inquire about services.

...hmmmmm. we might have to do some private "work".

cool. just hit me up ma ma.
:wink:

MacShreach
11-16-2005, 01:17 AM
yea thas y im getting a 600cc. anything higher can kill a beginner in a new york minute.

Wise girl. Have fun! And remember to post some pix of you in suuuper-tight leather on the bike-- us bikers like that sorta stuff. 8)

Paul
11-16-2005, 02:32 AM
i do different things, in no particular order:

1. play games (consoles, pc etc)
2. read
3. watch film (love me movies, have over 300 DVD's)
4. go to bars/nightclubs (love this one the best :))

and at the minute am saving for christmas and to buy a classic Ford Capri (those in the UK/Ireland will know this car)

brickcitybrother
11-16-2005, 02:47 AM
Work

Run a household / take care of the family / enjoy kids

Volunteer

Sit on a few boards

Grade exams

Attempt to Relax

Find a classic car to work on.

Not in order ... but it gives an idea.

Gus The Dagger
11-16-2005, 03:21 AM
I like to jack off and sketch

aTsLiKeN0oThEr
11-16-2005, 03:24 AM
Jacking off is the safest sex... :wink:

MacShreach
11-16-2005, 03:29 AM
I like to jack off and sketch

Interesting combination-- at the same time?

aTsLiKeN0oThEr
11-16-2005, 03:31 AM
maybe he sketches pix of chix wif dix and jacks off to them for kickz.

lmao... i'm the tranny doctor seuss.

Roadblock7611
11-16-2005, 03:55 AM
I work at 3 local Clubs. Sound Engineer and Doorman. I play Bass in a couple local projects. I used to write show reviews for local newspapers. some articles can still be read at:http://www.thegazz.com/blogs/nighttime/2005_06_01_archive.html andhttp://www.thegazz.com/blogs/nighttime/2005_07_01_archive.html. I stopped writing for the papers regularly when i started working at the clubs I was doing the reviews at.

Roadblock7611
11-16-2005, 03:55 AM
I work at 3 local Clubs. Sound Engineer and Doorman. I play Bass in a couple local projects. I used to write show reviews for local newspapers. some articles can still be read at:http://www.thegazz.com/blogs/nighttime/2005_06_01_archive.html andhttp://www.thegazz.com/blogs/nighttime/2005_07_01_archive.html. I stopped writing for the papers regularly when i started working at the clubs I was doing the reviews at.

magic9inch
11-16-2005, 04:08 AM
masterbate, go to school, fuck women

Gus The Dagger
11-16-2005, 04:15 AM
maybe he sketches pix of chix wif dix and jacks off to them for kickz.

lmao... i'm the tranny doctor seuss.

Something like that

aTsLiKeN0oThEr
11-16-2005, 06:11 AM
o okay.

well i see roadblock mentioned he plays bass. here's some . trivia that ya'll may or may not know... i play piano, bass guitar and drums fluently. im actually quite musical.

IWantATgirl
11-16-2005, 06:49 AM
Very nice, I tried playing some kind of horn and piano when I was young. It didnt work well. I could mimic something if I practiced it, but I couldnt know the notes off the top of my head. I probably should have tried the drums. I am constantly tapping things when I listen to the radio.

MacShreach
11-16-2005, 10:43 AM
and at the minute am saving for christmas and to buy a classic Ford Capri (those in the UK/Ireland will know this car)

The V6 was a hairy drive, great car. That's what makes a fun car-- loadsa power at the front though a live axle at the back. I still have a Rover SD1 V8 Vitesse in my garage-- had it for years, only take it out for high days and holidays now. Stage2 4-litre motor, comp suspension, the works..........Mama.

Roadblock7611
11-16-2005, 11:02 AM
o okay.

well i see roadblock mentioned he plays bass. here's some . trivia that ya'll may or may not know... i play piano, bass guitar and drums fluently. im actually quite musical.

have you ever recorded anything? id like to hear it

GroobySteven
11-16-2005, 11:05 AM

The V6 was a hairy drive, great car. That's what makes a fun car-- loadsa power at the front though a live axle at the back. I still have a Rover SD1 V8 Vitesse in my garage-- had it for years, only take it out for high days and holidays now. Stage2 4-litre motor, comp suspension, the works..........Mama.

THE PROFESSIONALS. That was the Capri.
I got a '67 Aston Martin DB6 and a '78 Aston Martin V8 Volante - both near mint. Should of figured out before I bought them that I live on a fucking island and there is nowhere to drive them...and it's too bloody hot. So they're both for sale! Offers will include a lifetime membership to all grooby sites.
seanchai

MacShreach
11-16-2005, 01:39 PM
<snip>here's some . trivia that ya'll may or may not know... i play piano, bass guitar and drums fluently. im actually quite musical.

Now that's interesting. I didn't know. What sort of stuff do you play? Write your own music?

Mac (Guitar, bass, mandolin, fiddle, hand-drums)

MacShreach
11-16-2005, 01:53 PM

I got a '67 Aston Martin DB6 and a '78 Aston Martin V8 Volante - both near mint. Should of figured out before I bought them that I live on a fucking island and there is nowhere to drive them...and it's too bloody hot. So they're both for sale! Offers will include a lifetime membership to all grooby sites.
seanchai

Nice cars. My mother had a DB5 for a while a long time ago and I remember it well. She was always daft about sports cars. She was 4'10'' which means, as you will realise, that she had to look through the steering wheel to drive the DB-- I can remember her picking me up from school and distinctly thinking "There's no-one driving that car."

I had an E-type (XKE) and a couple of other jags as well but I sold them last year-- not getting enough use. In this country (as I have no doubt you know) they deteriorate if they don't get constant tlc, even kept garaged, and I just have too many other things on the go. The old Rover isn't worth a lot, but it has real sentimental value. And it's a complete fucking hoot to drive. Hard on gearboxes though.

I still have the Duc, a Kawa ZX10 and my old BMW R100. Bikes don't fall apart the way cars do.

Gabriel
11-16-2005, 02:34 PM
I'm a writer and art critic which means most of my working time is spent planted in front of a keyboard. I hop on my Kawasaki ZX10 and ride down into Europe whenever I feel the need for a break and some fresh air.

joyboy123
11-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Work, hang out with my GF, yoga.

Mugai_hentaisha
11-16-2005, 03:23 PM
Me myself and I don't do very much while offline.

I work as a receiving clerk at a local bookstore some 30-40 hours per week. I teach judo and aikido as university classes twice per week and i am also the judo instructor at a local martial arts center twice a week.

As far as hobbies martial arts is the main one, I also study japanese as a language, read, play paintball (not very much :cry: ). I love Ren. Faires, fantasy, scifi, and a host of other things. Don't watch T.V. much but when i do it is stargate, Atlantis, Battlestar Galactia (new) and Mail Call.

want to know anything else......PM me. :D

nice thread. :D

Ecstatic
11-16-2005, 03:23 PM
seanchai
Ah, but your island does have its own Interstate highway! (Interstate on Hawaii--what a concept. Maybe someday they'll build a 2000-mile bridge?)

Dkg
11-16-2005, 04:20 PM
go to school, hang with frat brothers, hang with friends on campus, listen to music, watch movies. I haven't been working out as much as I used to but I'm trying to get back into that. Oh and playing videogames. That's about it....Nope, no boo yet :(

GroobySteven
11-16-2005, 09:50 PM
I'm a writer and art critic which means most of my working time is spent planted in front of a keyboard. I hop on my Kawasaki ZX10 and ride down into Europe whenever I feel the need for a break and some fresh air.

Where are you, if you're riding "down" into Europe?
seanchai

GroobySteven
11-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Ah, but your island does have its own Interstate highway! (Interstate on Hawaii--what a concept. Maybe someday they'll build a 2000-mile bridge?)

Some people believe there is a bridge...
seanchai