PDA

View Full Version : Luchos

magus13
07-25-2010, 02:06 AM
Anyone going tonight. I have never been, but am tired of the scene down at Fusion. Think Luchos will be good tonight. Thanks for any input.

TsVanessa69
07-25-2010, 02:15 AM
I was at Music Box and Luchos wensday.
Tomorrow is the Dominican fest in Manhattan and I will be there in shorts and a bikini top

magus13
07-25-2010, 02:23 AM
What about tonight?

TsVanessa69
07-25-2010, 02:24 AM
on a money hunt, lol

TsVanessa69
07-25-2010, 02:24 AM
I like Lycho's on saturday, guys are down to drink dance and hold normal conversation

magus13
07-25-2010, 02:30 AM
In your opinion (which I trust) you think tonight will be fun there, good vibe, cool girls. Better than standing in a lounge in Manhattan with no AC.

Looking 4 Now
07-25-2010, 04:21 AM
if your going to luchos.....
it doesn't get going until after 2 am

Crawler
07-25-2010, 04:26 AM
An old friend of mine goes to Lucho's all the time and she loves it - she's a total regular and says it's awesome. I trust her totally if she says its the bomb-diggity.

magus13
07-25-2010, 04:45 AM
Thanks, I'm there.

fred41
07-25-2010, 09:00 AM
One bit of advice...if you're gonna drink there..stick to beer.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-25-2010, 09:57 AM
One bit of advice...if you're gonna drink there..stick to beer.

that's actually not true, I've been getting decent drinks at Luchos for years, maybe it's because I don't drink the hard stuff, I only had one incident where a Bailey's made my stomach hurt but I blame that more on an empty stomach than anything else. The bartenders in Luchos are very cool and are seasoned when it comes to making drinks.

fred41
07-25-2010, 10:40 AM
that's actually not true, I've been getting decent drinks at Luchos for years, maybe it's because I don't drink the hard stuff, I only had one incident where a Bailey's made my stomach hurt but I blame that more on an empty stomach than anything else. The bartenders in Luchos are very cool and are seasoned when it comes to making drinks.

O.K. then..stay away from the hard stuff. All i'm saying is "I" believe that what you order ..is not what you are necessarily gonna get regardless of what the label says.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-25-2010, 03:26 PM
O.K. then..stay away from the hard stuff. All i'm saying is "I" believe that what you order ..is not what you are necessarily gonna get regardless of what the label says.

lol, you let me know when you wanna go and I'll buy you a drink and we can both watch them make it for you

gas14
07-25-2010, 04:53 PM
been telling u guy luchos is out of control wed and thursdays alot of hot chicks half the prices of manhattan and better, manhattan the same girls over and over trying to rip u off

slinky
07-25-2010, 05:21 PM

And it's exactly the same at most of the clubs in Manhattan, even some of the "big names" that charge you $40 at the door to get in, etc. What do you expect when idiots order Grey Goose and Cranberry Juice or any mixer? The bar/club owners know that not only can't anyone who orders that tell the difference between any half decent vodka at 1/3 their cost mixed with Cranberry juice, it tells them they probably can't event tell straight up because if they were anything but posers, they would have ordered what they did in the first place.

Way more than half the clubs in NYC have been issued citations for "particulate matter" in the liquor bottles. Do you know what that means? They are refilling the bottles. Do you think they are just buying larger bottles of the top shelf stuff and pouring it into "bar" bottles because they are a size which is easier to handle? I think not.

But for those of you who think I'm wrong, do a double blind test on various liquor s and find out for yourself.

flabbybody
07-25-2010, 06:27 PM
My choice of drink has been the same for 25 years: Absolute on the rocks.
I can tell immediately when I'm served a bogus cheaper brand. I never mention it, I just never go back.
btw, the places where this has happened to me are always upscale bars and restaurants in midtown where the clientele wouldn't know the difference between a Chivas or a Fleishmann. They're people with daddy's credit card who just want to go to the "it" place of the month

see ya all at Lucho's

fred41
07-25-2010, 07:25 PM
And it's exactly the same at most of the clubs in Manhattan, even some of the "big names" that charge you $40 at the door to get in, etc. What do you expect when idiots order Grey Goose and Cranberry Juice or any mixer? The bar/club owners know that not only can't anyone who orders that tell the difference between any half decent vodka at 1/3 their cost mixed with Cranberry juice, it tells them they probably can't event tell straight up because if they were anything but posers, they would have ordered what they did in the first place.

Way more than half the clubs in NYC have been issued citations for "particulate matter" in the liquor bottles. Do you know what that means? They are refilling the bottles. Do you think they are just buying larger bottles of the top shelf stuff and pouring it into "bar" bottles because they are a size which is easier to handle? I think not.

But for those of you who think I'm wrong, do a double blind test on various liquor s and find out for yourself.

LOL..You are absolutely correct..

flabbybody
07-25-2010, 07:52 PM
would love to meet her at Lucho's

Looking 4 Now
07-25-2010, 10:07 PM
who the hell cares about the drinks
am tried of going to the city and getting overcharged
for everything

I'll stick to luchos

magus13
07-26-2010, 07:41 PM
So I went to Luchos and thought it was pretty good. There were a few girls outside the club, walking around and a few hot girls ts/tv inside and outside. My feeling was that it was not as active a night as it could have been. Just got a feel for the palce, didn't hook up. Liked the vibe better than Manhattan. A small touch of the good old days.