PDA

View Full Version : Gun Ban

InHouston
11-15-2005, 12:33 AM
Little poll for the peeps.

Felicia Katt
11-15-2005, 01:51 AM
That poll question is way too simplistic. Ban guns, outright? no. Regulate, license, require safety features like trigger locks, traceable bullets. Limit how many guns you can buy in a certain time period, restrict copkiller ammo, automatic weapons things like that? absolutely.
FK

Quinn
11-15-2005, 01:54 AM
That poll question is way too simplistic. Ban guns, outright? no. Regulate, license, require safety features like trigger locks, traceable bullets. Limit how many guns you can buy in a certain time period, restrict copkiller ammo, automatic weapons things like that? absolutely.

Cosign.

-Quinn

hondarobot
11-15-2005, 02:05 AM
Absolutely agree with control vs. ban.

Lots of people carry guns, and they have never used them irresponsibly. The bad thing is, lots of people who just think guns are "cool" or whatever get their hands on them.

(Although I have to admit, I do think guns are kinda cool; it goes back to playing with those little green plastic army men I suppose, and wanting to be Han Solo, among other things)

The people who want a gun to pursue some wacky agenda or "not take shit" are the ones to worry about.

BlackAdder
11-15-2005, 02:39 AM
Guns kill people and you dont believe in it.....By your reasoning we should ban cars then too, im sure you would find alot more people are killed by cars each year then guns :roll:

....Guns dont kill people, its the bullets that are fired by the gun and guess who is pulling that trigger to send that bullet on its merry way???? OHHH thats right, its a PERSON...hmmm.......Guns kill people nonsense....Youve no idea how irksome that phrase is to law enforcement personnel. If people arent killing each other with guns, they will just use something else since time immemorial....

Sigh....you people just dont understand that the people who are going to misuse a gun, or any weapon, dont care about your niggling little rules and such...Thats why its such a problem already. More control just punishes those who would obey the rules, not the ones who dont...it doesnt effect them at all.

How is it the the more that gun control people crack down on guns, the worse the problem becomes??? Do you know what effect the assault weapons ban had?

None, because the weapons were manufactured under different names with 10rnd clips...Theres millions of extended clips already here for said weapons....and last time i checked...it only takes 1 or 2 of those rounds to kill someone, and clips are pretty compact now lol.....and that fact that theres TONS of assault weapons in the country already....

Limiting how many guns you can buy at one time or within a time limit....well thats cool, but it only takes one to kill alot of people...One old SKS-47 can mow down hundreds of people and there cheap to boot. This isnt any answer because again, the people who are abusing the system are getting around niggling little rules like this.

Theres a waiting time on pistols....Theres no waiting time on shotguns....get a nice autoloading shotgun and saw off the barrel and youve got a weapon thats more dangerous then 95% of most pistols.

I could go on and on about people who are willing to follow gun laws and those who arent...but much like our current penal system, its broken.

Traceable bullets, trigger locks..pfft...Shear stupidity...If i cant draw the gun and use it quickly I might as well carry an iron pipe.

jt money
11-15-2005, 02:41 AM
Like Chris Tucker said, "Guns don't kill people. Stupid muthafuckas with guns kill people."

tubgirl
11-15-2005, 02:46 AM
Guns kill people and you dont believe in it.....By your reasoning we should ban cars then too, im sure you would find alot more people are killed by cars each year then guns :roll:

....Guns dont kill people, its the bullets that are fired by the gun and guess who is pulling that trigger to send that bullet on its merry way???? OHHH thats right, its a PERSON...hmmm.......Guns kill people nonsense....Youve no idea how irksome that phrase is to law enforcement personnel. If people arent killing each other with guns, they will just use something else since time immemorial....

Sigh....you people just dont understand that the people who are going to misuse a gun, or any weapon, dont care about your niggling little rules and such...Thats why its such a problem already. More control just punishes those who would obey the rules, not the ones who dont...it doesnt effect them at all.

How is it the the more that gun control people crack down on guns, the worse the problem becomes??? Do you know what effect the assault weapons ban had?

None, because the weapons were manufactured under different names with 10rnd clips...Theres millions of extended clips already here for said weapons....and last time i checked...it only takes 1 or 2 of those rounds to kill someone, and clips are pretty compact now lol.....and that fact that theres TONS of assault weapons in the country already....

Limiting how many guns you can buy at one time or within a time limit....well thats cool, but it only takes one to kill alot of people...One old SKS-47 can mow down hundreds of people and there cheap to boot. This isnt any answer because again, the people who are abusing the system are getting around niggling little rules like this.

Theres a waiting time on pistols....Theres no waiting time on shotguns....get a nice autoloading shotgun and saw off the barrel and youve got a weapon thats more dangerous then 95% of most pistols.

I could go on and on about people who are willing to follow gun laws and those who arent...but much like our current penal system, its broken.

Traceable bullets, trigger locks..pfft...Shear stupidity...If i cant draw the gun and use it quickly I might as well carry an iron pipe.

probably the best post i have evr read on here

hondarobot
11-15-2005, 02:57 AM
There's nothing stupid about trigger locks or traceable bullets. Trigger locks prevent kids or other people from using a persons gun. Tracable bullets are pretty much what they are, a good idea.

I liked the "iron pipe" analogy. Bad people will find a way to be bad. But there needs to be some controls on something like guns. An iron pipe will beat some people up, maybe kill a couple. A gun, if you are a bad guy and know how to use it, is much, much more dangerous.

On the other hand, a car or many other things can be a lot more dangerous than a gun. It's a tricky subject.

BlackAdder
11-15-2005, 03:10 AM
A trigger lock is going to mean i cant use the gun when *I* need it. My guns are kept in double locked cases... It takes the same mental power to remember to lock the case as it does to engage a trigger lock. It also takes the same work to saw the case as it does to drill a lock.

When the gun is on me, I dont want any other intereference to its use other then the safety. Anything else = possibly dead me...screw that.

Do you know anything about bullet deformation Honda? Traceable bullets are impossible because of it...I purposefully use a cartridge that fires a bullet designed to fragment into 20+ little submunitions, the infamous Glazer safety(frangible, beehive) slug...How do you plan on tracing it when its going to deform differently each time???? Your thinking science fiction my friend.

Ecstatic
11-15-2005, 03:10 AM
FK
co-cosign

hondarobot
11-15-2005, 03:20 AM
Actually I don't know the Hard Science behind the "traceable bullet" thing, but what you posted seems to make sense. Maybe ammo makers could. . .well, I don't know right now what they could do. I'll think about it.

I still think trigger locks are good. If the gun is sitting in a cabinet, kids or bad guys can find a way in (years of breaking into parents liquor cabinets experience here). You wouldn't keep the lock on the gun while carrying it anyways.

Just my two cents.

zerrrr
11-15-2005, 03:29 AM
How about we start enforcing the laws already on the books before we enact new ones. The Philadelphia Weekly did an amazing article a few years ago entitled 'What if the Gun Nuts are Right?' where they show that when laws already on the books are enforced there is a noticable drop in crimes using guns.

BlackAdder
11-15-2005, 03:34 AM
Gotcha, but heres an example...When I first bought a gun in 2002, my girlfriend at the time insisted I get a trigger lock for it. So i did...i picked one up at a gun show for 30$ i think, I also bought a cable lock.(you put the cable lock through the chamber when you want to set the gun down at a real firing range)....Then I took it home and proceded to show her that i could drill through the trigger lock with a regular metal drilling bit in about 2 mins....If someone really wants the damn gun, unless its locked away in an immovable safe, someones just going to steal the whole damn case and saw the back of the case off....

Felicia Katt
11-15-2005, 03:42 AM
Cars are required to have door locks to guard against their being stolen and used for malicious purposes. Even the original Dodge Viper. a convertible, that did not have windows or an external door handle(!!!) was required to have door locks.

if cars have to have locks....

FK

PS you know why cars have locks and everything else has warning labels, child safety caps, sealed packaging etc etc? Because all products are regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission. All categories of products, that is, except one. Can anyone guess which one is exempt??

FK

hondarobot
11-15-2005, 03:47 AM
Felicia, as usual, could not have said things better.

chefmike
11-15-2005, 04:00 AM
I always thought the purpose of trigger locks is to keep kids from shooting kids...not about theft etc...how many times have you read about very young kids finding their dad's gun and shooting a sibling or friend...so if you have children in the house, and you live in a neighborhood where you feel you need a gun nearby...it should be locked up, and probably triggerlocked, when it isn't on your person, no?

Overlord Abomination
11-15-2005, 04:11 AM
Guns dont kill people...Bullets do...Ban Bullets of course.

tubgirl
11-15-2005, 04:13 AM
Cars are required to have door locks to guard against their being stolen and used for malicious purposes. Even the original Dodge Viper. a convertible, that did not have windows or an external door handle(!!!) was required to have door locks.

if cars have to have locks....

FK

PS you know why cars have locks and everything else has warning labels, child safety caps, sealed packaging etc etc? Because all products are regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission. All categories of products, that is, except one. Can anyone guess which one is exempt??

FK

didn't know that about the viper. how do you open the door?

anyway...

last i knew, all guns, at least from the stores i buy them from, are required to have trigger locks on them or provided with them. now, i only buy new guns, so i don't know what used is like.

also, every gun that i have is registered in my name and legal. handguns, at least the last one i bought, do not have a waiting period on them (maybe it's just because my name was already registered in the DB with another gun) and long guns (shotguns, rifles, etc) never did.

my long guns are kept in my in-laws gun cabinet. that's where i hunt. i have one handgun in the house, but it is locked in a safe unloaded and the clip is in a hidden location...

tsluver247
11-15-2005, 04:37 AM
Chris Rock from Bigger and Blacker:

And everybody's talking about gun control,
got to get rid of the guns.

Fuck that. l like guns.

You got a gun, you don't have to work out.

l ain't working out. l ain't jogging.

You got pecs, l got Tecs.

Fuck that shit.
You don't need no gun control.

You know what you need?
We need some bullet control.

Man, we need to control the bullets,
that's right.

l think all bullets should cost $5,000.

$5,000 for a bullet. You know why?

'Cause if a bullet costs $5,000
there'd be no more innocent bystanders.

That'd be it.

Every time someone gets shot, people will
be like, ''Damn, he must have did something.

''Shit, they put $5,000 worth of bullets
in his ass.''

People would think before
they killed somebody, if a bullet cost $5,000.

''Man, l would blow your fucking head off,
if l could afford it.

''l'm gonna get me another job,
l'm gonna start saving some money...

''and you're a dead man.

''You better hope
l can't get no bullets on layaway.''

So even if you get shot by a stray bullet...

you won't have to go to no doctor
to get it taken out.

Whoever shot you
would take their bullet back.

''l believe you got my property.'' (http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/c/chris-rock-bigger-and-blacker-script.html)

Other Chris Rock quotes:

"I don't get high, but sometimes I wish I did. That way, when I messed up in life I would have an excuse. But right now there's no rehab for stupidity."

"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

"Never go to clubs with metal detectors. Sure it feels safe inside. But what about all those niggas waiting outside with guns? They know you ain't got one."

"Yeah, I love being famous. It's almost like being white, y'know? People are nice to ya, they give you the benefit o' the doubt... You drive a flash car down the freeway and the cops'll pull y'over and before they even look they like 'What the f**k are you doing?' and then they see it's you and they like 'Awww man, it's Chris Rock, it's okay, man we thought you was a nigga'."

"Gay people got a right to be as miserable as everybody else." (http://en.thinkexist.com/quotation/i_don-t_get_high-but_sometimes_i_wish_i_did-that/343672.html)

BlackAdder
11-15-2005, 05:01 AM
Chris Rock says some funny shit..infinently preferable to Chris Tucker

jt money
11-15-2005, 09:46 AM
Chris Rock says some funny shit..infinently preferable to Chris Tucker

Yeah, Rock has some funny shit, I agree though Chris Tucker's movies are better. Money Talks was hilarious!!

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-15-2005, 10:16 AM
FK

I dont like guns. But I agree with Felicia. Regulate them.

~Kisses.

HTG

McRen
11-15-2005, 11:27 AM
Im Canadian, and am definately anti-guns. They might have been needed at one point, but in todays world (north american world), i dont see why the right to possess a tool to kill someone else is needed. Maybe thats because I dont feel like im in danger where I live tho.