PDA

View Full Version : Oakland, California has fewer Police

bat1
07-16-2010, 01:01 AM
no money means no Police...

Unhappy with the city council’s budget cuts, the policy chief of Oakland, California, has threatened to stop sending officers in response to certain crimes. With 80 police officers laid off after the city and the local union were unable to reach an agreement, council members decided to cut the police positions to help close a $32.5 million budget gap. Police Chief Anthony Batts responded by releasing a list of 44 crimes that his department would not respond to, including grand theft, burglary, car wrecks, identity theft and vandalism. Victims of such crimes will be expected to file reports online.

Willie Escalade
07-16-2010, 03:41 AM
That's why when I'm in the Yay Area I cross the bridge and head straight for Berkeley...

ARMANIXXX
07-16-2010, 04:30 AM
I bet all the working girls get a pass too.

lol

Solitary Brother
07-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Its only going to get worse.
The people that always say they hate the police will have a field day because they are the ones committing the crimes.
Oakland's reputation is HORRIBLE already.
You gonna see a lot more robberies....particularly since the economy is so bad.
The already brazen will become MORE so.
Its gonna become dog eat dog and might makes right so get ready...............

hippifried
07-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Might as well file on line. All they ever do is file a report anyway, & the only reason you need that is for insurance. It's not like the crime itself will ever get investigated.

Oakland could probably save the salaries of 2 cops by getting rid of Chief Batts' position.