PDA

View Full Version : Death Metal Girl Marissa

BlueEyed84
07-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Marissa Martinez, member of death metal band Cretin, is an extremely down to earth and open woman. She fully transitioned within a scene that is, for the most part, male dominated and has never hid a bit of it. Just figured I would post some pictures of her here. Also, read her interview if you're interested. It's a good read:

http://decibelmagazine.com/Content.aspx?ncid=343143

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/127/l_1e38c293c36e42e49a06678ebc0417cb.jpghttp://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/60/l_77d9898156af40d4a9497b20488e07be.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/9/l_dbdbeaa3337d48a08fc7b4624e5eaf7c.jpghttp://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/90/l_c083807a68f04643a6641926087e4ab5.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/132/l_199760a9147f44108396b2f895a97b24.jpghttp://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/141/l_4eb1622914eb43adb99f3f4c0155c8dd.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/138/l_e1138d6299a94d9fa4ece6b139ff4014.jpg

rockabilly
07-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Great article and an attractive woman. Thanks

stephie_gurl
07-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Wow she took that shot like a pro!!

BlueEyed84
07-04-2010, 05:49 PM
She can really rock the fuck out too haha. I haven't had the chance to meet her in person yet, but the folks that I talk to who have say she's incredibly nice.

AllyK
07-04-2010, 08:22 PM
She's super fucking hot!

Nikka
07-04-2010, 11:11 PM
female or tranny?

BlueEyed84
07-05-2010, 01:18 AM
Post-op transgendered.

phobun
07-05-2010, 01:53 AM
Post-op transgendered.

She understands what it means to be a woman.

Nicole Dupre
07-05-2010, 01:55 AM
She understands what it means to be a woman.
You would know. lol

phobun
07-05-2010, 02:02 AM
You would know. lol

You would not. lol

Nicole Dupre
07-05-2010, 02:04 AM
All you know is there's no penis to challenge your fragile heterosexuality, cock-phobe.

shemale-411
07-05-2010, 02:24 AM
Gerry Koehler photographer on a lot of those pics, that's a name I havent heard in awhile. That brings me way back to my LA/Peanuts days!

http://www.shemale-411.com

Nicole Dupre
07-05-2010, 02:29 AM
It amazes me how the whole forum goes ballistic on SBF and Angeline Paris, but no one seems to be offended by phobun.

bte
07-05-2010, 09:15 PM
It's amazing the transformation that occurred in only a few years. I used to listen to them when she was a he. Haven't really heard any of their new stuff in awhile.

BlueEyed84
07-05-2010, 09:31 PM
It's amazing the transformation that occurred in only a few years. I used to listen to them when she was a he. Haven't really heard any of their new stuff in awhile.

They're confirmed to play Maryland Death Fest in 2011.

gimmeurblood
07-05-2010, 09:34 PM
i did not know she was also in Exhumed! FUCKIN WIN

BlueEyed84
07-05-2010, 09:37 PM

You didn't know because she's not. She was only a session and live performer for them around 1995. Exhumed's lineup now is Matt Harvey, Wes Caley, Leon Del Muerte and Danny Walker.

BlueEyed84
07-05-2010, 09:38 PM
By the way, Exhumed is confirmed for MDF 2011 as well. She'll probably join them for a couple songs like she did Repulsion this past year.

BlueEyed84
07-05-2010, 09:42 PM

Shitty video, but here she is rocking out with Repulsion.

YouTube- Repulsion @ MDF VIII feat Marissa Martinez (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GXRzfZZGdM)

gimmeurblood
07-05-2010, 11:44 PM
shit MDF was only 20 minutes away. i knew i shoulda gone this year

BlueEyed84
07-06-2010, 12:34 AM
shit MDF was only 20 minutes away. i knew i shoulda gone this year

There was a ridiculous amount of really hot girls there.

TGasMutiny
07-06-2010, 12:46 AM
Hott Bod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yodajazz
07-06-2010, 04:52 AM
It was an interesting article also. I notice in the comments, she said that she was lony attracted to women, until she was on hormones for 4 months. Then she went exclusively to men. But now she is attracted to both. I have heard about this before, about transistion chanigning someone's sexual attraction. But I have not seen it discussed much on here.

BlueEyed84
07-06-2010, 05:42 AM
It was an interesting article also. I notice in the comments, she said that she was lony attracted to women, until she was on hormones for 4 months. Then she went exclusively to men. But now she is attracted to both. I have heard about this before, about transistion chanigning someone's sexual attraction. But I have not seen it discussed much on here.

Would be interesting to hear some other comments on this, actually.

Mari_Mar
10-10-2010, 12:29 AM
The things you find when you google yourself! Hi everyone!

amberskyi
10-10-2010, 12:45 AM
The things you find when you google yourself! Hi everyone!

i think your so hott.lol.i *heart* rocker chicks

Mari_Mar
10-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Aww!!

:oops:

aprilian
10-10-2010, 02:02 AM
Welcome to the JUNGLE!

Coroner
10-10-2010, 02:23 AM
Hey Marissa, welcome aboard. Now let´s discuss (death) metal.

Mari_Mar
10-10-2010, 02:48 AM
Hey Marissa, welcome aboard. Now let´s discuss (death) metal.

Ok! Go for it!

Coroner
10-10-2010, 02:57 AM
When I was younger, I was almost only listening to death and thrash metal. I´m more into jazz, now, but I still listen to some unique and technical death/thrash bands like Nocturnus, Atheist, Pestilence, Death, Cynic or Gorguts. I won´t name all my fav thrash bands since there´s much more than death metal but I´ll just mention that my nickname is actually a tribute to a Swiss technical thrash metal band called Coroner. Are you familiar with some of the bands? When I was younger, I was listening to Deicide, Monstrosity, Suffocation, Cannibal Corpse, Master, Asphyx, you know, much of that early 90ies death metal stuff, mainly from Florida.

Well, that old Coroner is pretty much gone but I still got my long hair. :D

Mari_Mar
10-10-2010, 03:48 AM
Sure! I love Coroner!!

I pretty much only listen to old school DM and grindcore. I love a lot of old thrash as well, and even some of the more commercial metal from the 80's.

I'm not a fan of technical Death Metal. It's too akin to jerking off to me, which is something that just isn't my cup o' T! ;) But, really... I'm more rooted in the early days of extreme music where it was more about simplicity, speed, and aggression. That's why my band sounds the way it does. :)

Coroner
10-10-2010, 04:02 AM
I´ve grown out of appreciating the extreme metal aspect. There was a time when I became pretty much bored by all the same riffs, chords and senseless solos. Lots of the old death metal bands never progressed in any way. I began to search for musicality, virtuosity and some really authentic metal bands. Those few bands like Nocturnus, Atheist, Coroner or Cynic for example made a step further and began to combine metal with jazz and progressive rock elements. They were far ahead their time (late 80ies/early 90ies) and not understood by old school metalheads back then. Most of them dissapeared by the mid-90ies but some are back because they´re getting appreciated much more today then before. Who knows, the metal fans today seem to be more open minded.
How are you getting along as a t-girl within the metal community? It´s not really a gay/trans-friendly world as you know.

Mari_Mar
10-10-2010, 04:18 AM
Yeah. I'm not really into musical progression. I had my time years ago where I sought to be technical, do something different, and geek out over musical possibilities. But, after a while I realized that too much of that stuff sucks the heart out of music. So, not I prefer to just shoot from the hip and keep things simple.

As far as being a t-girl in the metal community, things have been great! I haven't faced any adversity at all at shows or what not. Everyone has been pretty supportive, a few Internet nay-sayers aside... :)

MissBStar
10-10-2010, 04:31 AM
Hey Cutie ;) Nice to meet another Gal from the Fetish Scene

amberskyi
10-10-2010, 04:34 AM
Aww!!

:oops:

just wondering...where are you from?

squall_416
10-10-2010, 04:37 AM
Holy shit, Repulsion are responsible for one of my top 5 fav records and you got to jam Maggots in Your Coffin?! Nice.

Do you like stuff like Discordance Axis, 324, Mortalized, GridLink, etc or pure grind like Scum era Napalm? Anyways, welcome aboard.

j

Mari_Mar
10-10-2010, 05:05 AM
Hey Cutie ;) Nice to meet another Gal from the Fetish Scene

Nice to meet you! What's your kink? ;)

just wondering...where are you from?

I live in San Francisco. I'm originally from the south bay. You? :)

Holy shit, Repulsion are responsible for one of my top 5 fav records and you got to jam Maggots in Your Coffin?! Nice.

Do you like stuff like Discordance Axis, 324, Mortalized, GridLink, etc or pure grind like Scum era Napalm? Anyways, welcome aboard.

j

Hi! Yeah Repulsion are great friends of mine! My drum plays for them now!

I'm more into old school grind. But my bassist love the bands you listed! ;)

MissBStar
10-10-2010, 05:09 AM
my kink? Haha I was a pro Domme, I just love kink for the sake of kink! Been that way since I was 16. Ok I'm going to have to make a trip to SanFran so we can go out Clad In Latex >=D

amberskyi
10-10-2010, 05:24 AM
[QUOTE=

I live in San Francisco. I'm originally from the south bay. You? :)

[/QUOTE]

ny,i dont know too many ts girls into metal or rock.

Mari_Mar
10-10-2010, 05:41 AM
my kink? Haha I was a pro Domme, I just love kink for the sake of kink! Been that way since I was 16. Ok I'm going to have to make a trip to SanFran so we can go out Clad In Latex >=D

Nice! I was collared back in '08. But, I haven't been for about two years now. I miss it. It was a lot of fun!

Definitely, hafta go out latex clad! ;)

ny,i dont know too many ts girls into metal or rock.

Me neither really. Though, I've had fans for around the world email me either for advice, or to tell me that my story helped them start their own transitions. That's mind-blowing to me! I feel very fortunate to be able to help! ^_^

MissBStar
10-10-2010, 05:43 AM
I like your pics alot babe... Not just for your beauty but because you're so happy and you're just being yourself =) Just thought I'd share that

Mari_Mar
10-10-2010, 05:53 AM
Thanks! I try my best!!! ;)

marvrage
10-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Sooooo......... HOT! Wow

Zman
10-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Wow! Im impressed to say the least!

Are you into any of the new Deathcore bands? I'm a huge fan of bands like Carnifex, Despised Icon, As Blood Runs Black, Whitechapel, etc.

Also a big fan of old school deathmetal, Boltthrower being a favorite. For grind i love Scum era Napalm, and a lot of underground stuff like Destroy, Doom, and Phobia(not as underground!)

Mari_Mar
10-12-2010, 04:39 PM
No. I can't say I'm a fan of Deathcore.

My favorite bands are Repulsion, Carcass (first two albums), Napalm Death, Terrorizer, Bolt Thrower, Pungent Stench, Dismember, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Death, Obituary, Slayer, etc...

Coroner
10-12-2010, 04:47 PM

My favorite bands are Repulsion, Carcass (first two albums), Napalm Death, Terrorizer, Bolt Thrower, Pungent Stench, Dismember, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Death, Obituary, Slayer, etc...

Deathcore is crap. I´ve seen all of these bands live except Repulsion. Pungent Stench is here from Vienna and I know Alex personally. He runs a small metal shop here. He sucks at drums but he knows that. :lol: Honestly, I never got that Pungent Stench phenomenon. Before they split up, they used to tour America and Australia. In my opinion, these guys blow. :lol: But they´re funny.
Btw, since you played with Exhumed, I saw them live like 5 years ago with Cephalic Carnage (when they were pretty unknown, at least here in Europe).

lasvegaslex
10-12-2010, 05:08 PM
my type of girl.....super HOT pics!!!!

Mari_Mar
10-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Thanx LVL.

@Coroner: I filled in on 2nd guitar for Exhumed once, back in '95. But, they've been family for years. That's why Col is my band's drummer! ;D

bte
10-12-2010, 06:03 PM

I just got through listening to Slayer before I click on this thread.

Mari_Mar
10-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Which album!?

bte
10-12-2010, 06:32 PM
God Hates Us All

bte
10-12-2010, 06:47 PM
By the way, I was looking on Encyclopedia Metallum and didn't know that your bassist was in The County Medical Examiners. I love that band.

Mari_Mar
10-12-2010, 06:56 PM
He's my best friend! My step-dad is the bassist in TCME! :D

Coroner
10-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Slayer were good in the 80ies. Everything after South of Heaven is simply overrated. Even so, there were lots of better thrash bands in the 80ies like Coroner, Heathen, Forbidden, Mekong Delta, Paradox, Toxik, Vio-lence etc. Slayer decided to step into mainstream just as Metallica, so what you get is "God Hates Us All". Metal for children. :lol:

bte
10-12-2010, 07:04 PM
He's my best friend! My step-dad is the bassist in TCME! :D

Really! That's cool. I listen to Olidous Operettas at least once a week. Although my scratch and sniff cd does not smell like anything anymore.

bte
10-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Slayer were good in the 80ies. Everything after South of Heaven is simply overrated. Even so, there were lots of better thrash bands in the 80ies like Coroner, Heathen, Forbidden, Mekong Delta, Paradox, Toxik, Vio-lence etc. Slayer decided to step into mainstream just as Metallica, so what you get is "God Hates Us All". Metal for children. :lol:

I don't know I just have that Slayer cd. I mainly listen to Cumbeast, Torsofuck, Putrid Pile, Stabwound (RIP), Cumgun, Gut, Japanische Kampfhorspiele, TCME, Rompeprop, The Berzerker, Corpsefucking Art, and etc...

Mari_Mar
10-12-2010, 07:07 PM
I agree. My favorite Slayer album is actually Show No Mercy, followed closely by Reign in Blood. After South I kind of lost interest, but they are among my fav bands. I like tons of thrash and Speed Metal, but I don't really have the patience to list them all out here. Most of it is from the 80's though.

Mari_Mar
10-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Really! That's cool. I listen to Olidous Operettas at least once a week. Although my scratch and sniff cd does not smell like anything anymore.

Get Reek of Putrefaction and Symphonies of Sickness by Carcass, if you like TCME. TCME is a clone of Carcass. Also, checkout General Surgery if you haven't. They started the whole Carcass-Clone genere.

bte
10-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Get Reek of Putrefaction and Symphonies of Sickness by Carcass, if you like TCME. TCME is a clone of Carcass. Also, checkout General Surgery if you haven't. They started the whole Carcass-Clone genere.

Alright thanks, will do.

Coroner
10-12-2010, 07:34 PM
I don't know I just have that Slayer cd. I mainly listen to Cumbeast, Torsofuck, Putrid Pile, Stabwound (RIP), Cumgun, Gut, Japanische Kampfhorspiele, TCME, Rompeprop, The Berzerker, Corpsefucking Art, and etc...

Japanische Kampfhörspiele is the only one here I´m familiar with. I was never into grindcore, so I´m not in touch. Check out the old Slayer, you´ll like it. Seasons in the Abyss is not a bad album, too, but they could never reach Reign in Blood. They admitted it themselbes which is why South of Heaven isn´t a as fast as Reign in Blood.

@Mari

There´s one tune on Show No Mercy that doesn´t sound like it belonged there. I´m talking about Chemical Warfare that sounds like it´s from a Reign in Blood demo. :lol:

gcon
10-12-2010, 07:44 PM
interested any more recent death metal and thrash? mid-90s gotenburg death metal or municipal waste/crucial unit type thrash?

daidone
10-13-2010, 02:13 AM
Mari Mar, you are so hot

Mari_Mar
10-13-2010, 04:13 AM
interested any more recent death metal and thrash? mid-90s gotenburg death metal or municipal waste/crucial unit type thrash?

Certainly! There's some great stuff that has come out more recently. But, my true love is the stuff from the 80's.

I definitely love Muni Waste!

Mari Mar, you are so hot

Thank you!

horst1
10-13-2010, 11:43 PM

i just love the nerdism in metal, the uncontrollable urge to let everyone know you're more underground than everyone else. funnily enough, even when everyone agrees pretty much that soh was slayers last classic album, it still needs to be mentioned.

i hardly listen to metal anymore, but i still enjoy the slayer references in californication and listening to old bolt thrower or darkthrone every once in a while to calm down after work or in the gym. good times.

Coroner
10-14-2010, 12:04 AM
i just love the nerdism in metal, the uncontrollable urge to let everyone know you're more underground than everyone else. funnily enough, even when everyone agrees pretty much that soh was slayers last classic album, it still needs to be mentioned.

i hardly listen to metal anymore, but i still enjoy the slayer references in californication and listening to old bolt thrower or darkthrone every once in a while to calm down after work or in the gym. good times.

Dude, you should´ve followed the entire discussion. I´m not a metal nerd since I hardly listen to metal myself nowdays. When I listen to music, I´m preoccupied with jazz, prog rock, fusion, classic, guitar instrumentals and stuff like that. But, when I play metal, I choose the really good stuff. Since metal has been dead for a long time now, old metal means good metal. Alles klar, Herr Kommissar?

BlueEyed84
10-15-2010, 03:20 AM
HOLY SHIT!

Mari, you kicked major ass at MDF! It's a shame I didn't get to chat with you. I didn't see you anywhere after the set. But, regardless, it was a badass weekend. Were you there for the whole weekend?

Mari_Mar
10-15-2010, 03:41 AM
HOLY SHIT!

Mari, you kicked major ass at MDF! It's a shame I didn't get to chat with you. I didn't see you anywhere after the set. But, regardless, it was a badass weekend. Were you there for the whole weekend?

Thanks! Yeah I was there for the pre-fest even! I mostly hung out with friends from other bands, or my friend Carlotta Champagne. It was a great four days! :)

BlueEyed84
10-16-2010, 12:25 AM
Thanks! Yeah I was there for the pre-fest even! I mostly hung out with friends from other bands, or my friend Carlotta Champagne. It was a great four days! :)

That's cool. It was my first full weekend there. I got to meet a lot of people including the guys in Pentagram, which I was really hoping for.

The lineup for this year looks pretty rad too. Have any favorites from the weekend besides the obvious? :-P

Mari_Mar
10-16-2010, 01:03 AM
That's cool. It was my first full weekend there. I got to meet a lot of people including the guys in Pentagram, which I was really hoping for.

The lineup for this year looks pretty rad too. Have any favorites from the weekend besides the obvious? :-P

Sure! I'm really excited about Regurgitate, Repugnant, and Machetazo.

Obviously, I'm excited about Exhumed too.

BlueEyed84
10-16-2010, 01:05 AM
Sure! I'm really excited about Regurgitate, Repugnant, and Machetazo.

Obviously, I'm excited about Exhumed too.

I'm just hoping I get to make it again. I fucking loved the last one and this lineup just looks insane. I'll have to buy you a drink if we run into each other!

Mari_Mar
10-16-2010, 01:15 AM
I'm just hoping I get to make it again. I fucking loved the last one and this lineup just looks insane. I'll have to buy you a drink if we run into each other!

Definitely say Hi! :)

smithken
10-24-2010, 09:39 PM
ya kinda creepy from my standpoint tho because i used to listen to them alot before she went thru the transformation. im glad she still rocks it out tho. and cretin is grindcore!!! not deaht metal!!

Mari_Mar
10-24-2010, 09:42 PM
What's creepy?

smithken
10-24-2010, 09:44 PM
hahahah i just sent you a pm!!!! i just remember you before and now your a pretty godamn good looking girl

Mari_Mar
10-24-2010, 09:49 PM
hahahah i just sent you a pm!!!! i just remember you before and now your a pretty godamn good looking girl

Thanks! I guess the deal is... for me, I was living a lie before. The me now is who I should have always been. But, either way, I LOVE ME SOME GRINDCORE!!! :dancing:

marcuis
07-05-2012, 01:01 PM
i love melissa