PDA

View Full Version : New Iphone vs Droid input

Jamiekent
06-25-2010, 08:49 PM
Time for me to upgrade from my crackberry. I'm considering either the new Ihpone of the droid.

Your thoughts ???

BiCuriousGeorge
06-25-2010, 08:51 PM
I heard quite a few people had problems with the IPhone. I would google reviews on each before making your decision so you don't waste your money.

BLKGSXR
06-25-2010, 08:57 PM
I heard quite a few people had problems with the IPhone. I would google reviews on each before making your decision so you don't waste your money.
it was released yesterday....she/he is talking about the iphone 4!!!

SammiValentine
06-25-2010, 08:58 PM
I love the HTC desire !

BiCuriousGeorge
06-25-2010, 09:04 PM
it was released yesterday....she/he is talking about the iphone 4!!!

I know, I WAS talking about the Iphone 4. I have 2 friends that had a problem with them. They said it stopped reading the SIM card and they said they heard other people had the same problem. I have no idea what that means though.

BLKGSXR
06-25-2010, 09:06 PM
I know, I WAS talking about the Iphone 4. I have 2 friends that had a problem with them. They said it stopped reading the SIM card and they said they heard other people had the same problem. I have no idea what that means though.sucks for them...I dont buy any electronics till 6-8 months after their release"they fix the bugs" :D

BiCuriousGeorge
06-25-2010, 09:15 PM
You are a smart person. I feel the same way. When something like this just comes out there are usually alot of bugs and problems with them. I agree on waiting a little while and make sure everything is ok. So many people wait on crazy lines just so they can be one of the first people to get the Iphone and then it doesn't work right, lol.

SexSlave1972
06-25-2010, 09:27 PM
I have 3GS and only problem for OS4 is that it eats more battery... a lot more :)

napx
06-25-2010, 09:36 PM
I have the HTC EVO with Sprint... 4G.

IT is the sexxiest toy I have ever had! LOVE the functionality and ease of use... HATE the battery usage.

Compared it to the Iphone and frankly chose this one for price (200) and to avoid the Steve Jobs cult that you have to subscribe to in order to buy any apple device (read the fine print!)

Nicole Dupre
06-25-2010, 10:21 PM
I feel you on wanting to ditch that BB. My Storm 2 is a total piece of shit. Within the first 30 days, I had to return it twice for a new one.

Jobs just suggested, either yesterday or today, that lefthanded people get used to holding the new IPhone in their right hand because you left hand will cover and block the internal antenna, and your call will drop. I'm not even left-handed, but THAT is a fucking LAME solution.

Me? I'm getting a Droid next. :2cent

flabbybody
06-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Time for me to upgrade from my crackberry. I'm considering either the new Ihpone of the droid.

Your thoughts ???

when Apple opens its network to other carriers besides ATT, I'll consider the iphone. til then stay away.

read this Jamie

http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=47710&highlight=iphone

TheGuard
06-26-2010, 12:35 AM
The thing that completely fucks me is that half my itunes music is locked or fucking DRMed so it'll only work on an iphone. Still have the Storm 2 now and it's a massive piece of shit.

Caff_Racer
06-26-2010, 12:41 AM
I'm thinking of upgrading my business 'phone to an iPhone 4, but I'll not do it straight away to give the blokes at Cupertino time to sort out all the bugs and crap. Meanwhile, my business handset will still be a bog-standard basic Nokia without a camera or internet or whatever. My other phone is a Sony Ericsson Satio that - while the user interface is a bit pants (Symbian OS), which makes the whole internet experience a bit of a pain in the arse - has a stonking 12 megapixel camera/videocamera with flash and built-in light source for filming in the dark (Basically it's a smart(ish) phone and a Sony Cybershot rolled into one), which means that I can use it as a back-up camera to my Lumix FZ-7.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-26-2010, 04:04 AM
OS4 really isn't made for anything but the latest iPhone, all the older models attempting to run it will have issues......

Android is the way to go and by Android I mean OS not Moto's Droid phone, not the Incredible, etc. The 2.2 FroYo update that will be issued to a plethora of phones other than the Nexus One will give tons of Android phone owners a superior advantage to anything Apple currently has to offer (this is coming from an Apple addict typing presently on a MacBookPro).

Bottomline is Apple basically took all the hard earned hackers work and implemented a few various hacks into OS4 with a slightly better unit.

The exclusive moment has passed and now developers are making more android apps, I give it til December for the AppStore to relinquish the app throne to the Android Market.

Nonetheless, best of luck with these current devices. HTC has a Nexus One successor with a 1.5GhZ processor and Moto has a 2Ghz processor unit on the way quite soon. Pair those devices with a superior OS from Google and it's game over........

JWBL

p.s. I'll put Asus "Garmin" Phone running 2.2 Froyo or the soon to be released 2.3 OS from Google up against the Iphone 4 as far as functionality ANYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cooper1986
06-26-2010, 05:24 AM
i love my motorola backflip

alyssats
06-26-2010, 08:39 AM
i love my motorola backflip

hmmm you the one in your avatar sweetie baby boy?

cooper1986
06-26-2010, 09:42 AM
yes i am, whats it to you? o_O

alyssats
06-26-2010, 11:24 PM
yes i am, whats it to you? o_O

you look so yum yum uhmmm!

do you let girls lick you all over?

*wink wink*

kisses
Alyssa Luxor

peggygee
06-26-2010, 11:40 PM
I have the HTC EVO with Sprint... 4G.

IT is the sexxiest toy I have ever had! LOVE the functionality and ease of use... HATE the battery usage.

Compared it to the Iphone and frankly chose this one for price (200) and to avoid the Steve Jobs cult that you have to subscribe to in order to buy any apple device (read the fine print!)

I have been contemplating purchasing the HTC EVO. Love it's feature-set, and all the apps availlible for it, but I too hate its battery life.

That and the fact that my current phone is unlocked, and Im not locked into a contract with anyone.

peggygee
06-26-2010, 11:43 PM
The thing that completely fucks me is that half my itunes music is locked or fucking DRMed so it'll only work on an iphone. Still have the Storm 2 now and it's a massive piece of shit.

For my Ipod I've used an app that removes DRM.

CaptainPlanet
06-26-2010, 11:46 PM
Jailbroken iphone that can video chat via 3g and cracked app store FTW no phone can touch it once the hackers combine with Apples genius. i would rather have 1-5 dropped calls a month, people seriously over exaggerate on AT&T service, i have had Sprint, Tmobile, and Verizon and i must say, AT&T is winning the race.

dunkiex
06-27-2010, 04:50 PM
I love my Motorola Droid!

bladex76
06-27-2010, 10:47 PM
two phones i love and have the htc hd2 and nokia n900 ok no the perfect phones but like a girl u will never find the perfect one... but are good phones and will get the job done to me this are more like table pcs i think it all depend what you want it for i personaly love this phones

TheGuard
06-30-2010, 04:27 AM
For my Ipod I've used an app that removes DRM.

Do you happen to know what app it was? I tried one program with no success and gave up.

bat1
06-30-2010, 04:47 AM
carry this with you:Bowdown:

beandip
07-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Iphones.......hahahahahahahahah

rrraaayyyyttttt

YouTube- iPhone4 vs HTC Evo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg&feature=player_embedded)

Finally got rid of AT&T shit service....

pnwguy24
07-01-2010, 12:02 PM
The Nexus One is by far the best phone I have ever bought. If you don't like AT&T or T-Mobile, the Droid Incredible on Verizon is almost the same phone.