PDA

View Full Version : You gotta be shittin me?

Solitary Brother
06-23-2010, 09:15 AM
http://conservativeshemale.wordpress.com/

AmyDaly
06-23-2010, 09:33 AM
lol...people supporting their oppressors

BellaBellucci
06-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Let's identify our oppressors correctly. Conservatives are not our enemies. It's the Republican Party that is our enemy. There are many issues that one can be conservative on that have nothing to do with social policy.

~BB~

scroller
06-23-2010, 11:47 AM
However you slice it, the blogger in question is also a Republican booster.

"Have Republicans Already Blown Their Chance to Recapture The Senate? – I have already made my concerns known on this... There are other issues to but at the moment I am not feeling good about our chances." [June 16, 2010]

AmyDaly
06-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Let's identify our oppressors correctly. Conservatives are not our enemies. It's the Republican Party that is our enemy. There are many issues that one can be conservative on that have nothing to do with social policy.

~BB~

It seems pretty clear that this person is a republican and prolly votes republican. Therefore, they are supporting the republican party, which is largely the oppressors of anything lgbt. Not saying they agree with everything. They just help support it.

BellaBellucci
06-23-2010, 12:28 PM
It seems pretty clear that this person is a republican and prolly votes republican. Therefore, they are supporting the republican party, which is largely the oppressors of anything lgbt. Not saying they agree with everything. They just help support it.

You're right. I'm really just taking an opportunity to point out that not everyone who is conservative is an evil, bible thumping, judgmental, bigoted piece of white trash. Although most are. ;)

Personally, I'm a Libertarian and would say I'm pretty paleo-conservative (old school conservatism versus neo-con) on pretty much every issue except those having to do with sex, gender, and drugs. I think the size of government is out of control, that corporations have FAR too much power, and that the people are supposed to decide elections, not special interests.

~BB~

pnwguy24
06-23-2010, 12:44 PM
You're right. I'm really just taking an opportunity to point out that not everyone who is conservative is an evil, bible thumping, judgmental, bigoted piece of white trash. Although most are. ;)

Personally, I'm a Libertarian and would say I'm pretty paleo-conservative (old school conservatism versus neo-con) on pretty much every issue except those having to do with sex, gender, and drugs. I think the size of government is out of control, that corporations have FAR too much power, and that the people are supposed to decide elections, not special interests.

~BB~

How can you reign in the power of corporations while limiting government?

You can not simultaneously limit government and limit power of corporations without abolishing capitalism (which I would be perfectly fine with)

If libertarians had their way the private sector would have free reign to exploit even more than they do now.

Government is problematic, but guess what? Capitalism and free enterprise are worse.

I say we get rid of both.

BellaBellucci
06-23-2010, 01:00 PM
How can you reign in the power of corporations while limiting government?

You can not simultaneously limit government and limit power of corporations without abolishing capitalism (which I would be perfectly fine with)

Oh sure you can. You can utilize anti-trust laws like we used to do all the time in this country. I believe that regulation of corporations is constitutional because a corporation is a legal entity distinct from an individual person, the people being whom the Constitution is intended to protect.

I'm a new-school Libertarian, not an anarchist! I try to balance common sense with the ideal of making government smaller. I'm aware that regulation makes the government larger, but it makes it larger from the perspective of the corporation, not the individual. If the government spent more time concentrating on how corporations screws us figuratively and less time on how we screw each other literally, this country would be a much better place.

~BB~

Richctdude
06-23-2010, 01:32 PM
wow thats weird

Coroner
06-23-2010, 07:11 PM
wow thats weird

Itīs just dumb. Btw, we have that kind of people on board, so itīs not weird at all.