PDA

View Full Version : Anyone following any of the E3 2010?

ARMANIXXX
06-15-2010, 07:48 PM
I'm waiting for the Sony one and it starts at noon....pacific.

Nintendo was this morning and Microsoft's was yesterday.

Since the best is last, and in about an hour, I thought I'd link it for anyone here that might be interested.

http://e3.ign.com/

rockabilly
06-15-2010, 08:03 PM
The best? ... that's debatable.

This is the age of sequels , You have
Gears of War 3
Rock Band 3
Killzone 3
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Little Big Planet 2
Dead Rising 2
Infamous 2
Crackdown 2
etc.

southern81
06-15-2010, 08:24 PM
so far i think Creed 3 is the best game tha they showed

rockabilly
06-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Technically a side story and not really pt 3.

But Ezio was such a great character and in a rich story setting that many (myself included) want more of his adventures.

ARMANIXXX
06-15-2010, 08:32 PM
The best? ... that's debatable.

This is the age of sequels , You have
Gears of War 3
Rock Band 3
Killzone 3
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Little Big Planet 2
Dead Rising 2
Infamous 2
Crackdown 2
etc.

Yeah....

Sony is the best right now.

Lots of sequels though, I do agree with that. But even then, it's still Sony that's still putting out some new and unique IP's and such.

bte
06-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Watching it right now. Sony is the best in my opinion.

rockabilly
06-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Sony needs to create more ip's , since most publisher release on both X-Box and PS3.

A systems first party lineup needs to remain strong and be innovative.

ARMANIXXX
06-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Sony needs to create more ip's , since most publisher release on both X-Box and PS3.

Right....

as opposed to their competition.

:???:

bte
06-15-2010, 09:22 PM

Uncharted
Little Big Planet
ModNation Racers
God of War
Heavy Rain
Killzone
MAG
Demon's Souls
Infamous
The Last Guardian...just to name a few for the PS3

rockabilly
06-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Of your list bte , there's only 5 i even think about.

I'm enjoying the franchises of
Mass Effect
Fable
Halo
Gears of War
and multiplatform games.

bte
06-15-2010, 10:35 PM
The only good Halo game was the first one, as for the other ones, I wasn't impressed by their performance.

Mass Effect and Gears of War are games I would want to play, so kudos to Microsoft for that. Other than that, its not very impressive.

How about Valve doing a complete 180 on their thoughts of the PS3. They are going to be releasing Portal 2 for the Ps3.

rockabilly
06-15-2010, 11:03 PM
Going multiplatform is a good way for developers and publishers to make a profit.

Console exclusivity should only pertain to first party studios imo.

Let me get this straight ... to enjoy 3D in Killzone 3 i need to upgrade to a 3D hdtv now , and then get the PS Move and navigator controllers too?

ARMANIXXX
06-15-2010, 11:05 PM
Of your list bte , there's only 5 i even think about.

I'm enjoying the franchises of
Mass Effect
Fable
Halo
Gears of War
and multiplatform games.

No offense, but it kinda sounds like you're not paying attention.

Perhaps you're not aware that Sony has more first party studios than both Microsoft and Nintendo combined.

Secondly, Mass Effect, while a nice game...great franchise in fact.....it isn't exclusive. And furthermore, I fully expect the franchise to end up on the Playstation.
And while I'm not holding my breath, I wouldn't be too shocked to one day see Gears Of War on PS3 down the road as well.

Right now, rockabilly, Sony is the one that's leading the pack as far as game content and innovation is concerned, and really, that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I mean, sure they started slow this generation, but did you really think that it would stay that way?
Logic would dictate, "no".
Today's reality has shown as much.

rockabilly
06-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Meh , I'm not paying much attention to Sony true. But it's because i don't own a PS3 and not looking to buy one anytime soon.

Oh i was a huge Sony fan , and bought PS1 and PS2 on launch day and have a PSP but i'm happy w/ my X-Box and play my Wii once in awhile for Zelda and Mario gaming.

Good for Sony that they are pushing 3D and they're own motion controllers.

ARMANIXXX
06-15-2010, 11:21 PM
The only good Halo game was the first one, as for the other ones, I wasn't impressed by their performance.

Mass Effect and Gears of War are games I would want to play, so kudos to Microsoft for that. Other than that, its not very impressive.

How about Valve doing a complete 180 on their thoughts of the PS3. They are going to be releasing Portal 2 for the Ps3.

I'm not surprised about Portal 2 at all. In fact, Portal 2 was leaked as coming to the PS3 like 2 months ago.
All Left 4 Dead (1 and 2) was, was an exchange of money between Valve and Microsoft.....that's all.

http://www.playstationuniversity.com/rumour-portal-2-coming-to-ps3-3581/

Now, the Steam thing....that's a bit surprising, and I'm curious about what that's going to be about and how it's going to work with the PSN.

GullyFoyle
06-15-2010, 11:30 PM

I also enjoyed Bioshock immensely. Right now, I'm working my way through Borderlands which has that cel-shaded graphics that I love so much. Do any PS3 games have that style? Resident Evil 5 was alot of fun to play on the 360 as well.

ARMANIXXX
06-15-2010, 11:30 PM
Meh , I'm not paying much attention to Sony true. But it's because i don't own a PS3 and not looking to buy one anytime soon.

Oh i was a huge Sony fan , and bought PS1 and PS2 on launch day and have a PSP but i'm happy w/ my X-Box and play my Wii once in awhile for Zelda and Mario gaming.

Good for Sony that they are pushing 3D and they're own motion controllers.

Personally, it's almost the opposite for me, except that I do pay attention to Microsoft and XBOX 360.

I might have bought an XBOX 360 instead of my PS3, except that there's no way I'll buy anything that breaks on at least 50% of its owners since launch.....I wouldn't even buy a toaster that did that.

Still it does have some nice games...the problem is, every year, it seems as if Microsoft is running low on gas and it needs to start acting like it wants to be serious on the games front instead of Closing studios.

Now that Sony's PS3 is almost neck and neck regarding the install base, Microsoft is gonna have a hard time trying to continue buying pretend exclusives.
They need to start innovating game designs and IP's...something they clearly are neglecting.

ARMANIXXX
06-15-2010, 11:34 PM
I also enjoyed Bioshock immensely. Right now, I'm working my way through Borderlands which has that cel-shaded graphics that I love so much. Do any PS3 games have that style? Resident Evil 5 was alot of fun to play on the 360 as well.

Um,

All of those games you mentioned are on the PS3.

rockabilly
06-15-2010, 11:37 PM
That's a fair statement.
Back in the day i was a big jrpg fan and PS1 was a rpg fan's dream w/
Final Fantasy series
Lunar 1-2
Suikoden series
Star Ocean
Dragon Quest
Wild Arms series
Legend of Dragoon
etc.

Now i'm into shooters and stealth/action games.

Gullyfoyle the next Tony Hawk game will be cellshaded .... and still use the board peripheral.

javaikky
06-16-2010, 12:35 AM
It was a really great show. I'm really looking forward to Infamous 2. The first one was incredibly good.

Stepping into Ezio's shoes again will be fun as well. The multiplayer aspect could be good or bad. I'm reserving judgement for now.

I've been hoping for years that we would see a Final Fantasy remake at E3 (Old school ff 6 or 7 to be precise, either would be great IMO) But alas, it looks like i'm waiting another year.

unctrld1
06-16-2010, 03:42 AM
Ghost Recon Future Soldier looks like a world beater. And it is 4 player full campaign co-op. With that said, Mass Effect 2 has blown me away this year. Can't wait for the DLC and the 3rd installment.

southern81
06-16-2010, 06:11 PM
right now for me the only reason why i would want to buy a ps4 is to play Metal Gear 4. but if a miraclehappens and Microsoft gets the rights to the old Metal Gear and Solid series i'll never go back to sony

bte
06-16-2010, 06:40 PM
You mean a PS3.

rockabilly
06-16-2010, 06:50 PM
Southern81 is 5 years ahead of us , what's it like in the future?

Do we have "the flying car" yet?

Metal Gear Rising is coming to X-Box , it's not MGS4 but it features the Cyborg Raiden and has more of an action combat focus w/ precision limb slicing and destructable environments.

Ryz
06-16-2010, 07:04 PM
I want a Nintendo 3DS

tsparisangelline
06-16-2010, 07:06 PM
all these damn gun games ugh

aion and wow are the two best games :)

then final fantasy

rockabilly
06-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Star Wars the Old Republic looks nice.

It's making my midichlorian count rise :geek:

Ryz
06-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Not even both aion and wow are garbage
FF is fun though

tsparisangelline
06-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Not even both aion and wow are garbage
FF is fun though

lies

aions graphics were amazing so was the pvpve

wow had shitty graphics but the overall game play was done well

smh i dont think youve played them

no one in their right mind could say they suck

nope nope nope

the only good final fantasy games are 7, 8 and 9 the rest suck :)

Ryz
06-16-2010, 07:44 PM
i liked final fantasy 3 :)
I did play WoW, haven't touched Aion though
I was a level 40 paladin and I got bored after that :(

WCpnpbud32
06-16-2010, 07:57 PM
I have a 360 right now and enjoy playing games on it and watching movies on it, but after watching the Sony show I would upgrade to a ps3. I only rent games now and just play the single player campaings because I don't have acess to highspeed internet, but the future looks good for gamers right now.

P.S. I love Morgan Webb, tall, hot, loves to play games and I can easily see her with a cock.

tsparisangelline
06-16-2010, 11:01 PM
i liked final fantasy 3 :)
I did play WoW, haven't touched Aion though
I was a level 40 paladin and I got bored after that :(

3? u mean for sega? i think

i wasnt even live during that time thank god

javaikky
06-17-2010, 02:13 AM
lies

aions graphics were amazing so was the pvpve

wow had shitty graphics but the overall game play was done well

smh i dont think youve played them

no one in their right mind could say they suck

nope nope nope

the only good final fantasy games are 7, 8 and 9 the rest suck :)

9 was amazing, but more for the fun aspect than anything else. It didn't have the epic feel of 6 7 or 8 but all the characters were very likable and very fun. The first half of 9 was a roller coaster of wonder.

tsparisangelline
06-17-2010, 02:18 AM
9 was amazing, but more for the fun aspect than anything else. It didn't have the epic feel of 6 7 or 8 but all the characters were very likable and very fun. The first half of 9 was a roller coaster of wonder.

7 sucked after aeris died i never saw the point in us being able to get her ultimate weapon

rockabilly
06-17-2010, 02:37 AM
You mean you didn't performed the resurrection ritual before facing Sephiroph?

tsparisangelline
06-17-2010, 03:06 AM
You mean you didn't performed the resurrection ritual before facing Sephiroph?

oooooooo what ritual?

rockabilly
06-17-2010, 03:16 AM
First you need to have the max amount of phoenix downs in your inventory , all the mastered materia and ultimate weapons ,next you have to go back to Aeris's home w/ Vincent and Red XIII in your party then you .....................

tsparisangelline
06-17-2010, 03:22 AM
then you................................. ????????

im on my emulator now :)

rockabilly
06-17-2010, 03:30 AM
then you wait for a white flower to begin to sparkle , after you attempt to pick it you enter combat w/ a group of zombies DO NOT attack.

Defend and cure your party members for ten combat turns then cast shield on your party and then Curaga on your party until the Zombies are beaten but do not deal any physical damage to them or you need to reload from your last save , now here's the tricky part the zombies drop a random item , sell this item and buy a phoenix down at any shop then go back to the garden.

IndyCloset
06-17-2010, 04:19 AM
then you wait for a white flower to begin to sparkle , after you attempt to pick it you enter combat w/ a group of zombies DO NOT attack.

Defend and cure your party members for ten combat turns then cast shield on your party and then Curaga on your party until the Zombies are beaten but do not deal any physical damage to them or you need to reload from your last save , now here's the tricky part the zombies drop a random item , sell this item and buy a phoenix down at any shop then go back to the garden.

Damn you have me ready to buy FFVII on PSN now!

Here's the million dollar question though...Kinect or Move?

tsparisangelline
06-17-2010, 04:27 AM
just go to emulator zone

rockabilly
06-17-2010, 04:31 AM
It will come down to software and pricing structure for both.

To use PSMove you need a PS3 camera and both "wands". For both wands that's $80 + tax and how much the camera costs. Games for the Move will range from $40 and up , but my concern is they may be gimmicky party games.

Kinect may cost $150 but MS may decide to lower the cost or bundle it w/ the Slim 360 systems.

Ryz
06-17-2010, 05:27 AM
3? u mean for sega? i think

i wasnt even live during that time thank god

lmao it was for nes, I played it at my cousins it was alright
7 is still my favorite out of all of them though

tsparisangelline
06-17-2010, 06:38 AM
lmao it was for nes, i played it at my cousins it was alright
7 is still my favorite out of all of them though

i love 8 thats my fav

javaikky
06-18-2010, 12:20 AM
You can always use the debug room to bring Aeris back =P. I've never heard of that resurrection trick for Aeris. Apparently everyone here says it's false=/

ARMANIXXX
06-18-2010, 01:45 AM
First you need to have the max amount of phoenix downs in your inventory , all the mastered materia and ultimate weapons ,next you have to go back to Aeris's home w/ Vincent and Red XIII in your party then you .....................

STFU please.

Aerith has been dead for 13 years and guess what?

The broad is still dead in 2010.

You're not talking to some rudy poo gamer here buddy.:bs:

ARMANIXXX
06-18-2010, 01:48 AM

It will come down to software and pricing structure for both.

To use PSMove you need a PS3 camera and both "wands". For both wands that's $80 + tax and how much the camera costs. Games for the Move will range from $40 and up , but my concern is they may be gimmicky party games.

Kinect may cost $150 but MS may decide to lower the cost or bundle it w/ the Slim 360 systems.

Regarding this,

Personally, I'm not interested in either of these bullshit motion control gimmicks....

But I will say this,
there's a sharp difference between MOVE and KINECT......

MOVE actually works.

ARMANIXXX
06-18-2010, 03:15 AM
right now for me the only reason why i would want to buy a ps4 is to play Metal Gear 4. but if a miraclehappens and Microsoft gets the rights to the old Metal Gear and Solid series i'll never go back to sony

Obviously you meant PS3....no problem. MGS4 isn't gonna happen, too many cut scenes to be handled on DVD. You will get the opportunity to get MGS RISING, supposedly between 2 and 3...but its not gonna be made by Kojima.

But are you telling me that out of all the exclusive games on the PS3 (There's quite a few), are you telling me that none of them interest you, southern81?

Cause I gotta level with you, in terms of exclusive XBOX 360 games, 360 is kind of running dry these days....a bit.

rockabilly
06-18-2010, 05:36 AM
Move works untill the sensor ball gets broken off.

The tech behind both devices is interesting but will developers maximize it's use or just shoehorn it into their games?
The move to me just seems to be Wii-mote 3.0

Baron Of Hell
06-18-2010, 05:46 AM
I think the best thing I heard about is the info on the 3DS. You'll be able to watch 3D movies on the thing or so the say. I just wonder how they will get movies on it.

ARMANIXXX
06-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Move works untill the sensor ball gets broken off.

The tech behind both devices is interesting but will developers maximize it's use or just shoehorn it into their games?
The move to me just seems to be Wii-mote 3.0

Again I'm not interested in motion,

But to me it seems like MOVE is an extention and/or forward progression of the EYE TOY. That was first introduced at shows and conferences over 10 years ago.

rameses2
06-18-2010, 03:31 PM
As far as PlaystationMove is concerned, if you already have PlaystationEye, then you only need the wand, with the ball, that's $50 bucks. Now, Modern Warfare: Black Ops was FUCKIN' SWEET!!! The Wii gets NBA Jam and Goldeneye 007. inFamous2 and Killzone3 will keep us PS3ers happy for a while.

rockabilly
06-18-2010, 05:51 PM
As far as PlaystationMove is concerned, if you already have PlaystationEye, then you only need the wand, with the ball, that's $50 bucks. Now, Modern Warfare: Black Ops was FUCKIN' SWEET!!! The Wii gets NBA Jam and Goldeneye 007. inFamous2 and Killzone3 will keep us PS3ers happy for a while.

Some games will require the nunchuck ... oops i mean the "navigator" wand also , that's an extra $30.

rameses2
06-19-2010, 04:14 AM
Some games will require the nunchuck ... oops i mean the "navigator" wand also , that's an extra $30.That's true. So that's $80 bucks versus Gamestops' $149.99 listing for Kinect. The BBC reviewed Move and Kinect and found Move to be more accurate at detecting fine movements and tracking. Even Kevin Butler ragged on Kinect, using your finger as a gun: "Pew-pew, what are we, in the 3rd grade?".

ARMANIXXX
06-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Move is not going to be cheap, no doubt about that.

But the point is, it actually works. They actually show it in public and let regular joes see and play it.

Microsoft does not. They're trying to hide the fact that it doesn't work so well.

Whatever though,
I'm not interested in either.
I actually just hope game developers keep SIX AXIS control going and enable that more than they have in the past.