PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat Rebirth

Legend
06-09-2010, 01:24 PM
YouTube- MORTAL KOMBAT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_MqZn7E-mk)

What do you guys/girls think, i'm thinking anything is better then those original films which were awful, this one looks really good.

LibertyHarkness
06-09-2010, 01:37 PM
i liked the original mortal kombat movie it was kinda fun to watch ,, this one looks abit to real to life ,, trying to make it all abit believable .. though looks like it could be good ..

gutted they killed jonny cage he was the best one in game :)

BellaBellucci
06-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Ugh. Looks awful. The acting is over the top, the stories are all messed up, and they turned supernatural fighters into just human freaks? Boooring! Even the one saving grace - Jeri Ryan - looks old and haggard.

Sorry, but the first MK movie is still the best. Christopher Lambert as Raiden was awesome, but in this movie, there seems to be no mention of the character at all. Lame.

~BB~

southern81
06-09-2010, 03:20 PM
looks cool to me

BrendaQG
06-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Ugh. Looks awful. The acting is over the top, the stories are all messed up, and they turned supernatural fighters into just human freaks? Boooring! Even the one saving grace - Jeri Ryan - looks old and haggard.

Sorry, but the first MK movie is still the best. Christopher Lambert as Raiden was awesome, but in this movie, there seems to be no mention of the character at all. Lame.

~BB~

I can agree with that. It's like some hollywood producers thought that the supernatural angle was too much for the audience. Not realizing that the audience already bought it fro a video game many many times over.

I do like to see Jeri Ryan acting again. She's been off the radar since she sunk her husbands senate campaign.

bte
06-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Saw the trailer yesterday and it looks awesome. Some people were talking about this being a trailer for a movie with a video game tie-in. I am looking forward to it either way. I like both movies, they were both decent.

rockabilly
06-09-2010, 07:11 PM
I'll wait for dvd.

chelchel
06-09-2010, 08:43 PM
pretty bad ass b rated movie :) michael jai white spawn!!! haha

chelchel
06-09-2010, 08:49 PM
ah its a viral vid .. kinda like a pilot if they do make it its gonna be a few years :(

lovesall
06-10-2010, 01:49 AM
I enjoyed the first MK film, this one looks like it takes a dark turn less from the orginal video game and more pumped up action moves. I really can't say either way, I would have to see it first.

rockabilly
06-10-2010, 02:05 AM
Thumbs down unless they include a zombie Liu Kang.

But will it be as awe inspiring as Street Fighter? :rolleyes:

pantybulge69
06-10-2010, 07:35 AM
i'm interested to see this " re-boot " of Mortal kombat which basically it's what it is.
But it's clearly planned to be much darker, much more serious and less " cartoonish" as the original MK.

Be interested to see how they choregraphed the fighting scenes as compared to the
1st MK. the 2nd one was a waste of time to me and added cartoonish corniness to it, only upgrade was a more fighting sonia blade.

But i still expect this new mortal kombat to go straight to DVD,

CaptainPlanet
06-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Its apparently been in production for sometime but it may not see the light of day.

Data from the Imdb profile

26 July 2009 Development Unknown
26 January 2010 Optioned Property
Warner Bros. is reportedly looking to "reboot" this franchise.
18 February 2010 Development Unknown
Warner Bros. looking to reboot franchise, but Threshold Entertainment filed new breach of contract lawsuit to prevent it from moving forward.

wikid0ne
06-10-2010, 12:16 PM
i think it looks awesome

i loved the first movie
HATED the second

and this one looks to be o
that fight between baraka and cage
comon that was pretty kick ass

Legend
06-12-2010, 08:54 PM
i liked the original mortal kombat movie it was kinda fun to watch ,, this one looks abit to real to life ,, trying to make it all abit believable .. though looks like it could be good ..

gutted they killed jonny cage he was the best one in game :)

Didn't cage die in the games twice already?

rockabilly
06-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Scorpion FTW

"Toasty!"