PDA

View Full Version : DADT Is now A thing of the past.

tstishadupree
05-29-2010, 01:01 AM
Thank Goodness....

Tiffany Anne
05-29-2010, 04:03 AM
No it's not.
It has now made very significant first steps towards being a thing of the past, but DADT is still the law of the land, and likely will be through the end of 2010.

If you're in the military and haven't told...keep your mouth shut for a few months more.

tstishadupree
05-29-2010, 05:06 AM
well Tiffany Thanks for haveing such a postive additude.Thats why I hate these boards they are so negative Like u.Stay Off My treads If u dont have anything good to say.Its rude Like you.NO I wont keep My mouth Shut.Its my tread Not yours.
Tisha

BellaBellucci
05-29-2010, 05:30 AM
YouTube- Schoolhouse Rock- How a Bill Becomes a Law (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEJL2Uuv-oQ)

The bill only passed in the House. And Tisha, she wasn't talking to you. She was talking to gays in the military (re: 'keep your mouth shut') who must continue to live in hiding. Besides, the 'treads' belong to all of us.

~BB~

Tiffany Anne
05-29-2010, 05:44 AM
well Tiffany Thanks for haveing such a postive additude.Thats why I hate these boards they are so negative Like u.Stay Off My treads If u dont have anything good to say.Its rude Like you.NO I wont keep My mouth Shut.Its my tread Not yours.
Tisha

I'm sorry. I wasn't aware the truth was negative. Rachel Maddow seemed please by the progress, and then went on to fully emphasize that nothing has changed.

Ignorance in all of it's forms is one of the greatest dangers in the world. And glorying in ignorance in the face of truth is the territory and signature of those who think laws like DADT and DOMA are good things.

tstishadupree
05-29-2010, 05:48 AM
Like I said Its My tread.

bte
05-29-2010, 08:37 PM
I always thought that DADT was stupid. I was in the military and we all knew who was gay, bisexual, and straight, and everyone was cool with it. We had guys in my department who went to gay clubs and people knew and nobody said shit. Of course you have some ignorant motherfuckers who are not cool with it, but they are few. Most people just don't care as long as they don't get hit on.

CORVETTEDUDE
05-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Best chance of it going away is now, with a Democraticly controlled Congress. But, I still don't know if it's gonna make it. Sorry, Trisha.

tstishadupree
05-29-2010, 10:13 PM
lol ... its Ok corvettedude.Its Tisha No R....
Thanks for being nice Bte and corvettedude.xoxo Tisha

LTR_Seeker
05-29-2010, 11:34 PM
i dont get what the fuss is about it if threy dont ask you dont tell then you can serve anywhrre in miktry any place yu want to go any rank any section i doint get where the discrimntion is.

scroller
05-30-2010, 12:45 AM
Isn't it funny how uniformly poor spelling is also a sign of not knowing what a person is talking about?

Air Force sergeant fired in March after homophobic local police expose her to superiors:

Jene Newsome played by the rules as an Air Force sergeant: She never told anyone in the military she was a lesbian. The 28-year-old's honorable discharge under the "don't ask, don't tell" policy came only after police officers in Rapid City, S.D., saw an Iowa marriage certificate in her home and told the nearby Ellsworth Air Force Base...

http://www.policeone.com/patrol-issues/articles/2019745-SD-cops-exposed-lesbian-sergeant-who-was-later-fired/

Solitary Brother
05-30-2010, 05:12 AM
I am against this change.
As a former military person I can tell you there is too much unsanctioned sex going on.
From prostitution to wife swapping to under aged girls being passed around in the barracks to wives cheating at the NCO club to GUYS selling their dick.......the military is underneath the vernier of honour and decency is anything but.
The go after gays extra hard anyways and this will put even MORE emphasis on them when the military does NOTHING about all the heterosexual hijinks WHICH ARE LEGION!!!!!

bte
05-30-2010, 01:24 PM
@Solitary Brother,

I know you what you mean. When I first entered the military, there was a scandal involving a ship, think it was the Eisenhower or John C. Stennis, well anyway, there was prostitution and gang violence going onboard the ship. A lot of people don't know what goes on the military, because the military is very secretive. A couple of years ago, there was an Army that was killed because he went through a gang initation [sic] in Germany. Although I think DADT is a bad idea and everyone should serve openly, I think its very tame when compared to some of the other stuff that occurs in the military.