PDA

View Full Version : Gary Coleman Dead At 42

www.tglovers.com
05-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Gary Coleman passed away today at the age of 42. (http://cerebraldiva.blogspot.com/2010/05/gary-coleman-passes-away.html)

Willie Escalade
05-28-2010, 09:47 PM
I hate waking up to news like that...:sadcry

pman618
05-28-2010, 09:49 PM
What you talkin bout Willie???

bte
05-28-2010, 10:04 PM
That sucks

lovesall
05-28-2010, 10:33 PM
RIP my friend.

giovanni_hotel
05-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Just awful. Things never went right for Gary once 'Diff'rent Strokes' was cancelled.

Hope his soul is at peace. Really brought me down to hear that he'd passed.

Coroner
05-28-2010, 10:38 PM
R.I.P. Even I remember him.

Norma
05-28-2010, 10:44 PM
R.I.P. Gary :sadcry

seriously, like an above poster mentioned, it just seemed like he had to make fun of himself for a buck for the rest of his life after Diff'rent S'trokes.

Floyd R
05-28-2010, 11:48 PM
RIP -Gary Coleman.

tsbrenda
05-29-2010, 12:15 AM
R.I.P.
does he have kids now?

I know he was married

discarded
05-29-2010, 12:32 AM
I guess death is what willis was talking about. (too soon?)

tstishadupree
05-29-2010, 12:49 AM
Rip Mr Coleman...

kilakali
05-29-2010, 01:02 AM
R.I.P. its sad that only one of the kids from that show is still alive.

sunairco
05-29-2010, 01:42 AM
What gets me about this today is all of the talking heads on tv are proclaiming a headline of something like "The Nation Mourns The Death of Gary Coleman..." , Outpouring Of Grief"..."Beloved Child Star...".

Yet nobody seemed to give a shit about him like another failed child star. If anything they lampooned his destitution and health problems from his working as a security guard to his attempt to auction himself for a date, or his bankruptcy problems. Endless criticism of his temper and behavior. Now he's dead and they act as if he was a venerated national treasure. How hypocritical. I'm sure he could have used that attention when he was alive to further his career and support for his health. I never watched the two shows or anything he was in. I wasn't a fan and only recall all of the negative press he got after the shows were over. Maybe he deserved it, but I can't judge. I just find it bizzare that they treat him with such respect in death but in life were only there for him when he fucked up or did something outrageous.

Crawler
05-29-2010, 03:04 AM
I got him mixed up with Mason Reese as the fan of Glorya Wholesome's little shindigs. Who else - Joe Jackson used to dig the scene too....

Helvis2012
05-29-2010, 03:12 AM
What 'choo talk about?!?!?!?!

freak
05-29-2010, 05:42 AM
The guy was a real funny child star, he did become a bit of a joke when he got older but he did make me tune in every week when I was a kid. He lived a very hard life, he was never healthy. He did try to do good when he had the opportunity so the world did lose a good person today, my sorrows go out to his family.

Gary Colemen 2/08/1967- 5/28/2010 just 42 years old

mansamusa
05-30-2010, 11:46 AM
......rip......

Blazr63
05-30-2010, 04:38 PM
What gets me about this today is all of the talking heads on tv are proclaiming a headline of something like "The Nation Mourns The Death of Gary Coleman..." , Outpouring Of Grief"..."Beloved Child Star...".

Yet nobody seemed to give a shit about him like another failed child star. If anything they lampooned his destitution and health problems from his working as a security guard to his attempt to auction himself for a date, or his bankruptcy problems. Endless criticism of his temper and behavior. Now he's dead and they act as if he was a venerated national treasure. How hypocritical. I'm sure he could have used that attention when he was alive to further his career and support for his health. I never watched the two shows or anything he was in. I wasn't a fan and only recall all of the negative press he got after the shows were over. Maybe he deserved it, but I can't judge. I just find it bizzare that they treat him with such respect in death but in life were only there for him when he fucked up or did something outrageous.
Exactly! The hypocrisy is overwhelming.

SarahG
05-30-2010, 09:55 PM

Sadly that's just how things seem to work. At least all the day-late-dollar-short sympathy is making it easier on his widow (...supposedly anyway...).

I feel sorry for anyone who spends their childhood in the spotlight like he did. It sure has the habit of ruining people.