PDA

View Full Version : A Game of Thrones

FTWard
05-23-2010, 06:44 AM
Not sure if there is a way to get the thread from the Old Boards so I started a new one.

New Dany Cast

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2010/05/game-of-thrones-hbo.html

http://www.spotlight.com/7655-7861-0395

russtafa
05-23-2010, 10:54 AM
a tip for bachelors you can use your microwave to dry clothes quickly

FTWard
06-15-2010, 02:59 AM
http://hbo.vo.llnwd.net/o32/av/progressive/series/game-of-thrones/winter-is-coming-329901-1-hi.mov

Cuchulain
06-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Will the next book EVER come out? I'm looking forward to the series, hope HBO doesn't screw it up.

FTWard
07-19-2010, 04:33 AM
Filming begins in the next couple of weeks.

FWIW I think Dance is almost done (I am an idot probably)

Link to cast pictures

http://lexicopia.blogspot.com/2010/06/cast-of-hbos-game-of-thrones.html

mmolotov75
06-04-2013, 05:49 AM
Is this the only discussion on Game of Thrones? I want to hear some opinions on "The Red Wedding"

Amy Gray
06-04-2013, 06:11 AM
I REALLY want to screw peter dinklage's brains out. He's just so awesome in the series!

fred41
06-04-2013, 06:14 AM
Is this the only discussion on Game of Thrones? I want to hear some opinions on "The Red Wedding"

Having read the books...I think it was done quite well. I think most of the casting has been spot on also...so far.

dc_guy_75
06-04-2013, 07:17 AM
The Stark family has been beheaded (only once literally), unless that bastard kid kills a dragon or too later (I have no idea what happens).

All I know most everyone will end up dead, Sopranos/Goodfellas style. Or so I hope.

VictoriaVeil
06-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Team T!!!!!!

youngblood61
06-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Shocking is all I can say about the last episode!:)

mmolotov75
06-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Yeah, I didn't have the benefit of reading the books, but this episode was riveting for the amount of clues that were thrown at us that just didn't quite add up until it was too late. They just did a piece on the morning news show videotaping peoples reaction to it.People are traumatized!

youngblood61
06-04-2013, 02:09 PM
I stared at the TV with my mouth open for 5minutes after the Starks were butchered. It still was a great scene one of the best I've seen.:)

fred41
06-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Interestingly enough,from what I remember from the books...Robb's wife doesn't get killed. Her personality and name were different...and so were the circumstances of their marriage....somewhat. Her character mostly exists as almost a side note. Robb Stark married her too easily.He didn't seem to understand the importance of a promise of marriage to another family. It's called sacrifice.How can you be willing to sacrifice the lives of thousands of people to die on the battlefield for you...but you can't make a small sacrifice in your personal life? There are rules to follow in nobility. His mother understood this only too well...Robb was a good man, but also a bit of a fool.

On another note - David Bradley (I had to look his name up)- was an excellent Walder Frey.

People should get used to this. It's a brutal land with a brutal people. People do what they have to and the line between good and evil isn't always so clear cut.

alpha2117
06-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Gotta love Game of Thrones - nobody is truly 100% good - although some a truly evil and dead well it's a bit like the Princess Bride - sometimes they are only mostly dead.

One thing people might want to take a look at is the temple of the 7 at Kings Landing - it's surprisingly enlightening if you look at it the right way.

Go the Lannisters - you incest loving, whore crossbowing, cousin strangling, king slaying, patricidal bastards!

fred41
06-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Gotta love Game of Thrones - nobody is truly 100% good - although some a truly evil and dead well it's a bit like the Princess Bride - sometimes they are only mostly dead.

One thing people might want to take a look at is the temple of the 7 at Kings Landing - it's surprisingly enlightening if you look at it the right way.

Go the Lannisters - you incest loving, whore crossbowing, cousin strangling, king slaying, patricidal bastards!

Well put!

..and always remember -

Winter is coming.

dderek123
06-04-2013, 03:35 PM
That last episode was amazing.

The Roose is on the loose!

EZWind
06-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Yikes! That came outta left field and knocked me for a loop, too. Tho, looking back now, I see I should have been ready for it. Just glad they left my favorite of all the great characters still breathing...can't wait to see Arya make good on her promise to the Hound

girl
06-04-2013, 09:07 PM
I hated, HATED!! this last Stark slaying episode.. never liked the whole starks good-people story, (except Jon Snow, who is super hot btw!!! :jerkoff ) , but I hate violence , and this was way to much for me to handle...

rockabilly
06-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Have the first 2 seasons on dvd.
House Stark ftw

youngblood61
06-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Best show on TV... Until Breaking Bad comes back!:)

ShortyRothstein2
06-04-2013, 11:11 PM
This last episode was hardcore, Wow!!!

fred41
04-05-2014, 08:46 PM
cool metal versions of the theme song...liked the first couple:

http://www.metalinjection.net/av/the-most-metal-covers-of-the-game-of-thrones-theme-song

RobynBlakeTS
04-05-2014, 09:04 PM
Bring on the Ramsay, when hobbits turn evil.

http://i.imgur.com/4f0EIIl.gif

dderek123
04-08-2014, 01:24 AM
Hey guys,

The first episode of the new season was solid. 10/10

No spoilers
http://i.imgur.com/FGzZccq.gif

https://i.minus.com/ijkK4OGuCUIj4.gif

buttslinger
04-08-2014, 01:44 AM
Not since Felix and Oscar have I seen such an odd couple.

youngblood61
04-08-2014, 02:36 AM
Hey guys,

The first episode of the new season was solid. 10/10

No spoilers
http://i.imgur.com/FGzZccq.gif

https://i.minus.com/ijkK4OGuCUIj4.gifI agree. Finally get to see some Dragons.

EvaCassini
04-08-2014, 02:51 AM
Re-watching it again now :D

dderek123
04-08-2014, 04:41 AM
Not since Felix and Oscar have I seen such an odd couple.

I really enjoy their scenes together. Such an odd couple but it their contrast in personalities help one another shine. And Clegane swears and fights a lot so that's pretty awesome.

mild spoilers:

http://i.imgur.com/rX2VBDv.jpg

dderek123
04-14-2014, 05:02 PM
This Oberyn guy is pretty cool.

http://i.imgur.com/QXol5Y6.png

Charlotte_periwinkle
04-14-2014, 05:21 PM
Just watched season 4 episode 2. Wow!

Didn't expect to see that in the second episode.

dafame
04-14-2014, 09:27 PM
The bitch is finally dead!! Let's celebrate!!

oralboy707
04-14-2014, 09:47 PM
i never disliked a character as much as that guy ... sign of great acting ...

buttslinger
04-14-2014, 10:19 PM
As long as the cat is out of the bag............

Where did the wine come from???
Is this a who killed JR type thing??
Lots of suspects. That boy did have issues....

pantybulge69
04-15-2014, 12:42 AM
ooh, no ! .... don't kill off king Joffrey !! .....every great TV series needs a vicious, arrogant asshole.

pantybulge69
04-15-2014, 12:55 AM
As long as the cat is out of the bag............

Where did the wine come from???
Is this a who killed JR type thing??
Lots of suspects. That boy did have issues....

was it the wine ... or the pie that did him in ?

fred41
04-15-2014, 01:03 AM
ooh, no ! .... don't kill off king Joffrey !! .....every great TV series needs a vicious, arrogant asshole.

Yeah, but he dies in the book series...and it was done very well too.

lol...I wonder how many people were screaming "Die you son of a bitch!!" at the television like I was (even though I knew it was inevitable...the character was that despicable).

trish
04-15-2014, 01:12 AM
I haven't read the books (not even a one of 'em), so this is pure speculation: I think the little bastard simply choked on his pie. No one named Heimlich was ever born in their world. I love all the different shades of blue, purple and finally white his face went through. Now that's what I call ACTING! Anyone think his bride did him in to gain the throne?

gummi baer
04-15-2014, 01:15 AM
I don't think Tyrion did it.

fred41
04-15-2014, 01:28 AM
Here is the Agatha Christie list of suspects...
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/14/showbiz/game-of-thrones-purple-wedding/

TSLoverUK999
04-15-2014, 01:47 AM
Hodor is behind it !

EvaCassini
04-15-2014, 01:47 AM
---POSSIBLE SUSPECTS---

Tywin Lannister - Already "ruling" the Seven Kingdoms, so why would that push him to murder his grandson? Easy. Don't let his family protection and honor get in the way of his ability to do much as he pleases, including murdering his own grandson and his king, to give him entitlement and noted rule. He knows Joffrey was going to bring terror and more war to the kingdoms if his rule were to still be intact. At the time of Joffrey's death, he was 19 with a severe mental problem that no one could mend. The only way to help Joffrey and the kingdoms, would be to have him no longer living. Mercy killing?

Olenna Tyrell - Certainly an exuberant and wealthy woman and easy to admire. She knows far too well that from the time they were called to King's Landing, to discussing Joffrey with Sansa, to the Purple Wedding itself, that no matter how many gold dragons she threw at the ruling family, no matter how many heirs to wed into the Lannisters, that Joffrey would never be tamed. Especially since her grand daughter just married this unruly beast, she knew that this was inevitable. So why not devise her own silent and swift assassination attempt? She indeed has the Lannisters entangled in her thorny rose vines.

Prince Oberyn - "Lannisters aren;t the only ones who pay their debts!" Indeed! Especially this guy and his family. Hailing from Dorne ( the southern realm where all the wine comes from ), his family has a long and dirty history with the Lannisters. From Tywin ordering the Mountain to rape and slaughter Prince Oberyn's sister, Elia Martell, during King Robert's Rebelion, to simple disrespects given to the Martell family. He has many debts owed to the Lannisters and perhaps one has come to fruition, with the assassination of Joffrey. Certainly his nickname, "Red Viper" gives clues. "Red" wine and "Viper" for the poison. Ehh? Maybe.

Sansa Stark - Who wouldn't have as much anguish and animosity toward Joffrey as much as the sweet Sansa Stark-Lannister. She has the most right to squash Joffrey's head in till he was just a pile of mashed pigeon pie. But she isn't as tactful as the other suspects and especially since one of her closest handmaidens happens to be a loyal spy to the former Queen Regent Cersei. For her to devise this plot, would be very dangerous. But with possible help from loyal friends and supporters, her just cause is very valid to fight for. She for sure has strong help with Olenna, Ser Dontos, Tyrian, and Margaery.

Ser Dontos - A very grateful fool! "A living fool, my lady!" Since his demotion from a knight, to the King's royal jester, he has nothing left to live for. NOTHING. He gave the only thing he held dear to Sansa Stark-Lannister, whom he now hold much higher, because if it wasn't for Sansa, he would have drowned in wine after being reprimanded by King Joffrey on his name day. With Sansa as his savior, he now can make his life worth something, by helping her the only way she can be helped and everyone for that matter...by secretly disposing of Joffrey and his unjust reign.

Mix of a few - Of course, as mentioned, it could have been a collaboration of a few I mentioned. A conspiracy with more than one person would seem to fair better than the whims and wishes of a singular person.

Lastly, Tyrian Lannister - My most favorite character of course, but a sly assassin? Maybe. But a sly assassin to be present during the attempt? I think not. Tyrian is much too tactful and clever to have any fingers pointing at him as the culprit. Sadly, his history with the rest of his family, his fiery tongue, and his "height" of affairs, certainly makes him appear to be the assassin. No doubt his relationship with his sister leaves him in a boat made of shit, floating on a shit river, heading to the Shit Ocean. Will his tongue get him out of this predicament? Maybe His father could tone down the cruel factor and understand that it wasn't Tyrian. Maybe his famous brother, whose recent state of affairs made him a reliable and trusting person, could possibly plead for Tyrian's fate, and life.

trish
04-15-2014, 01:50 AM
OK OK I confess. During the commercial I reached through the screen and put a few drops of strychnine into his wine.

smoothboi
04-15-2014, 02:25 AM
I initially thought Tywin myself for the reasons Eva laid out. It was nagging me that the Tyrells might have a hand in it, but I don't think they would kill Joffrey unless the new Queen was pregnant with a potential heir. And I don't see Tywin letting anyone else in on the plot.

Of course, everyone has an interest in it.

youngblood61
04-15-2014, 02:52 AM
I'm going with Sansa. Who picked up the goblet when Joffrey dropped it on the ground? Sansa, perfect time to drop in some poison. Also when she was out in the woods she could have been looking for something to poison Joffrey with. Glad too see him go, poisoning him was too easy of a death.

ladd3rfr3ak
04-15-2014, 07:17 AM
Mark my words. The one who paid for the wedding feast did it...

dderek123
04-15-2014, 03:45 PM
I know what will happen I've spoiled everything for myself :(

It's still entertaining to watch though.

http://i.imgur.com/nTDdyvt.jpg

alpha2117
04-15-2014, 04:25 PM
I'll miss Joffrey, you need someone you can really relate too in these things ;-)

Seriously he's said to be a really lovely kid who has decided he wants to be a charity worker in the future.

If this series is anything like the books we'll see a lot less Stark killin and a lot more Lannister extermination this time round and it's about time too.

trish
04-15-2014, 04:31 PM
Good thing they're giving the leftovers to the dog's and not the poor...no telling what else might be poisoned!

youngblood61
04-16-2014, 12:32 AM
I'll miss Joffrey, you need someone you can really relate too in these things ;-)

Seriously he's said to be a really lovely kid who has decided he wants to be a charity worker in the future.

If this series is anything like the books we'll see a lot less Stark killin and a lot more Lannister extermination this time round and it's about time too.I agree. I like the King slayer though.