PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas DMV " F " for Finally !

Trans-Promo
05-22-2010, 06:49 PM
I am so proud of the community in Las vegas. My friend Amber just help us in this long battle here in NV.

Next we will be fighting for Equal Opportunity in other areas of Gov. I went to a meeting at the GLBT Center yesterday and I am so proud of my new community and very happy that girls here are driven and strong.

Congratulations!

http://www.lasvegascitylife.com/articles/2010/05/20/news/local_news/iq_35956977.txt

License to change
A decade after they were promised, Nevada transgendered must still wait to officially change genders
by JASON WHITED : JWHITED@LVCITYLIFE.COM
Amber LaMay could not believe the words coming out of the mouth of the man sitting in front of her.

"What do you think God is gonna think about what you're doing to your body, what you're trying to do legally right now, and what do people at your work and your family think about it?" the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles technician allegedly asked the 35-year-old LaMay, a local transgendered woman who had come in to the office on a mid-February day to change the gender on her driver's license.

"My God already knows what's going on," LaMay said she told the technician who was seated smugly behind his counter at the local DMV office on West Flamingo -- a man identified not by name but by the numbered badge he wore. "And, also, have you heard of the separation of church and state? Hello?"

more... (http://www.lasvegascitylife.com/articles/2010/05/20/news/local_news/iq_35956977.txt)

Nicole Dupre
05-22-2010, 07:20 PM
Funny that a state which has legalized prostitution, also has state employees making morality judgments about ONE FUCKING LETTER on a DL.

shemale-411
05-28-2010, 06:17 PM
I have a number of trans friends working in the gaming industry, and they have told me the office where you get your work cards is actually pretty understanding on the gender issue.

BellaBellucci
05-28-2010, 06:34 PM
This is good news, but didn't anyone tell this lady that she could have spoofed a CA address and then transfered her license to NV? I once dodged a 4 year license suspension doing the same thing between Massachusetts and NH. It's not difficult.

Yeah, the laws suck a lot of the time, but there's nearly always a way around them.

~BB~