PDA

View Full Version : You Don't Know What You've Got Til It's Gone

DD Philly
05-11-2010, 09:44 PM
As I sit here and surf through the forums, especially the NYC party threads, I can't help but feel sad at how bad things have gotten lately. I've been attending Sunny's parties over the last couple years whenever I can get up to NYC and while I always have a great time, I find it's just not as good as it used to be. Part of the reason is some of the girls that no longer come on the scene, but I'm convinced the main reason is THE ABSENCE OF ANYMORE PARTY PICS!

Even though I couldn't get there each week, I could depend on experiencing all the crazy fun debauchery at the parties through the fantastic photos slinky would take at each event. Not only that, it would make me want to get my ass up to the next party all the more. WTF! Can't anyone take a reasonable picture so we can get the juices flowing? They don't have to be "slinky quality", but even a basic point & shoot with a decent flash will give us a little taste.

I envy all the LA partygoers as I take in all the pics taken by Yogi, Willie Escalade, etc. We need to get that back in NYC. Is there anyone that can coax slinky out of his self-imposed retirement? I'm sure a few of his favourite girls (you know who you are!) could sweet talk him into it. Give the man his props because he was the straw that stirred the drink and without his documenting, it just seems dull. I can't help, but wax a little nostalgic and think of Joni Mitchell's famous words, "You don't know what you've got til it's gone!"

onmyknees
05-12-2010, 01:16 AM
Although unfortunately I never attended those parties you are so nostalgic about, I was feelin' the same Californication deal as well the other day. I see those pics of Morgan, FK, Amy and the other West Coast Gurls...and fuck yea it hurts. But we live where we live for a variety of reasons. Sure I dug LA when I lived there, but there's other issues dealing with quality of life rather than some pretty hot fucking parties. I wonder if you're not ( and forgive the cliche, but you gave us a Joni Mitchell quote...and I luv her..LOL) seeing the forest for the tress, dude. There's some hot fucking gurls here on the E. Coast. Some day when I'm not working so fucking hard in pursuit of my vices, I'll try to convince Morgan and the gurls to become at least bi costal, and maybe they'll be enough for both our appetites !

Peace. :D

fred41
05-12-2010, 02:07 AM
Although unfortunately I never attended those parties you are so nostalgic about, I was feelin' the same Californication deal as well the other day. I see those pics of Morgan, FK, Amy and the other West Coast Gurls...and fuck yea it hurts. But we live where we live for a variety of reasons. Sure I dug LA when I lived there, but there's other issues dealing with quality of life rather than some pretty hot fucking parties. I wonder if you're not ( and forgive the cliche, but you gave us a Joni Mitchell quote...and I luv her..LOL) seeing the forest for the tress, dude. There's some hot fucking gurls here on the E. Coast. Some day when I'm not working so fucking hard in pursuit of my vices, I'll try to convince Morgan and the gurls to become at least bi costal, and maybe they'll be enough for both our appetites !

Peace. :D

I don't really think he's complaining about the quality of the girls here in New York compared to L.A...(we have plenty here to rival that, but lots of 'em are UTR)..
I think that he wishes Slinky (the guy who's been taking a lot of the N.Y. party photos these last few years)..would start taking pictures again...and I agree. The man's photos have made this site more interesting...and I'm sure went a long way in helping to promote the parties (and the ladies)by showing the girls that attend them in a tasteful, professional way.
I hope both the promoters and the girls recognize this and try to get him to continue his photography, if at all possible ,because the man's work is definitely missed.

DD Philly
05-12-2010, 02:13 AM
No problem OMK, but I think you are misunderstanding my point. I still attend the parties about once every 4-6 weeks and I spend freely while having a good time and wind up with a date for the evening, but the whole atmosphere is not as fun as it used to be (just my opinion). The pics give everyone a sense of what goes on and let's face it, most of the girls love having their pictures taken so there was always a degree of playing it up for the camera.

I have no complaints about the quality of our east coast girls as I have my fair share of fun when I travel. Bottom line I just miss slinky's pics. When he was shooting the parties, I knew almost all the girls even before I met them.

DD Philly
05-12-2010, 02:17 AM
I don't really think he's complaining about the quality of the girls here in New York compared to L.A...(we have plenty here to rival that, but lots of 'em are UTR)..
I think that he wishes Slinky (the guy who's been taking a lot of the N.Y. party photos these last few years)..would start taking pictures again...and I agree. The man's photos have made this site more interesting...and I'm sure went a long way in helping to promote the parties (and the ladies)by showing the girls that attend them in a tasteful, professional way.
I hope both the promoters and the girls recognize this and try to get him to continue his photography, if at all possible ,because the man's work is definitely missed.

Right Said Fred....you sexy mutha fucka! :p

flabbybody
05-12-2010, 06:55 AM
I totally agree DD. his pics of the New York events are sorely missed.
But do you remember how guys would complain about being outed even though slinky was so mindful of everyone's anonyimity?

Coroner
05-12-2010, 07:01 PM
I totally agree DD. his pics of the New York events are sorely missed.
But do you remember how guys would complain about being outed even though slinky was so mindful of everyone's anonyimity?

Pretty dumb. If someone doesn´t want to be outed, he better doesn´t attend the parties.

lovesall
05-12-2010, 08:44 PM
I also do miss the pics for the NYC event. How can guys complain about being outed if the faces were blurred out in all of the background pics. I myself would try to avoid the being in the background in the first place if possible.

smokeslv
05-13-2010, 12:45 AM
In these times, I think it's best to fly under the radar...the best stuff is always "underground"

Schimmel
05-13-2010, 01:35 AM
I also do miss the pics for the NYC event. How can guys complain about being outed if the faces were blurred out in all of the background pics. I myself would try to avoid the being in the background in the first place if possible.
Not all of the faces were blurred. I don't agree with the critcism "Well don't go to the parties if you don't wanna be outed". Because obviously that's what a lot of guys did, said fuck it I'm not going. I'm not putting down the party pics, but when someone's running around with a camera at a tranny spot... not cool. Who gets top priority? Wankers sitting at home looking for pics or dudes who paid cover and are actually there trying to relax and snort coke without incident?

lovesall
05-13-2010, 02:14 AM
fishiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii the complaining wainingggggggggggg just get nakeddddddddddddddddddddd jk yes i miss seeing my good friend slinky at the parties .. well he will be back just taking a vacation we all need one once in a while.. i want he to do a priv party soon after his vacationnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn i want o use someone bottle soonnnnnnnnnn..

It's nice to know that Slinky is taking a well deserved vacation!!! Susi can't wait to see you use the bottle on someone, If you need one I can have one on standby for you!!!:twisted:

lovesall
05-13-2010, 02:18 AM
Not all of the faces were blurred. I don't agree with the critcism "Well don't go to the parties if you don't wanna be outed". Because obviously that's what a lot of guys did, said fuck it I'm not going. I'm not putting down the party pics, but when someone's running around with a camera at a tranny spot... not cool. Who gets top priority? Wankers sitting at home looking for pics or dudes who paid cover and are actually there trying to relax and snort coke without incident?

So maybe an answer to the pics question to me would be to have an area where you can take pics like a red carpet area at award shows. No one in the background but a wall, unless you want to be? So no one is running around with a camera taking random shots.

slinky
05-13-2010, 02:23 AM
At this point the "vacation" has no intention on ending. And the girls who come up to me and ask when I'm going to do another party for them to make $ should disabuse themselves of the notion that there's anything I'm going to do which will intentionally lead to putting $ in their pockets. The events which I have been doing don't involve anyone from the party scene in NYC.

PS to Schimmel: I think you may be thinking of other photographer's photos. If there have been pics which I posted where faces were not blurred, please point them out to me because I want to erase them immediately.

slinky
05-13-2010, 02:30 AM
So maybe an answer to the pics question to me would be to have an area where you can take pics like a red carpet area at award shows. No one in the background but a wall, unless you want to be? So no one is running around with a camera taking random shots.

One of the reasons I don't think there are a bunch of MY pics floating around with unblurred faces is because when girls would ask me to take pics, I would tell them "can't do that here because there's guys in the background. If you want to take pics we can do it there or there or there".

OTOH, on many occasions, some girl would be posing for me and some guy would either walk in between and duck 4 inches thinking that it made him invisible, or just plain stand in between me and the girl, or any number of similar things. If guys don't want to appear in photos, please pay attention and don't WALK RIGHT INTO THEM after I've clicked the shutter already and there's no physical way of stopping the camera from doing what it's built to do after that.

Schimmel
05-13-2010, 02:39 AM
I think theyve been erased anyways on the forum cross-over, it was during that major recent debate..
slinky if that's your attitude then it likely wasn't any of your pictures, to be sure.. didn't mean to give the impression that they were yours.
lovesall, I'm with you on simply trying to avoid being in the background in the first place, or doing the quick turn-away, or the quick jacket over the head, or the quick dive for cover behind the upturned table ala gunfight style, but who knows. The guys put up good pics (doing a service to those who can't go to the parties), and I wonder if it has ever been a problem before or if it's just a recent complaint. Either way, the pics must continue.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-13-2010, 03:47 AM
Nothing personal but I went to one of the parties recently (hence the pic in my avi) and had a great time....... The weather has alot to do with folks attending as well as law enforcement towing vehicles. Give it a few weeks and things will be back to normal.

chromeheart44m
05-13-2010, 07:08 PM
I just recently started going to these parties and they have been entertaining but very expensive, I was going thru the old party archives and the parties back in the day seem like sooo much more fun can anybody attest to this was it the era, or was it that all the girls went to oneparty now there are numerous parties on nuerous nites?

IMISSHER
05-13-2010, 11:04 PM
yes a few years back the parties were very different. there were working girls but also people just hanging out in a club. the djs were first rate and if the working girls new you were not interested in paying they would leave you alone. there were straights, gay, t/g and everything else. the tuesday party at hx was the best. i met a t/g there and we dated for 2 years. many other regular hookups took place there as well. the scene is so darker now. we came to a party not long ago and felt we walked into a brothel. also the amount of drugs being used was amazing. no thanks, it was just sad. also so many of the girls looked so used from when we would see therm just a few years earlier. there has to be a better way, dont ya think? oh well good memories at least. and slinky always avoided getting you in the pic. miss ya slinky, long time no see.