PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Do you think Marijuana should be legalized?

IloveShemalecock
05-10-2010, 06:01 AM
jkjkj

BlueEyed84
05-10-2010, 06:05 AM
I really don't see why it hasn't been done already. Until prohibition in the 20's, it was a legal drug. Unfortunately, after they lifted the ban on alcohol they kept the ban on marijuana. It's no more dangerous than cigarettes or alcohol. Plus, if the government were to legalize it and control it, they could make millions (if not billions) in the taxes imposed on it. And, I know some people say, "Don't let the government legalize our weed it will be weak." I talked to a friend of mine who smoked some medicinal marijuana in California and he reported to me that it was some of the best weed he had ever had.

PokerFace
05-10-2010, 06:09 AM
I've never tried it. But I think it should.

ALYSINCLAIRxxx
05-10-2010, 06:10 AM
It's the #1 cash crop in the U.S. Maybe it's about time...

BlueEyed84
05-10-2010, 06:13 AM
Seriously, Aly. It always boggled my mind why the government would not just give in and make some green off the green. The continue to allow cigarettes and alcohol to be legal and they both kill thousands of people. I suppose the social stigma holds it back. I know Ill see it legalized in my lifetime, though.

ALYSINCLAIRxxx
05-10-2010, 06:16 AM
Somehow government makes more money keeping it illegal. Right, blueyed? :)

BlueEyed84
05-10-2010, 06:18 AM
Somehow government makes more money keeping it illegal. Right, blueyed? :)

lol obviously. They must make tons of money on all of the people incarcerated for marijuana possession and sale as well.

Nivek
05-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Does anyone REALLY have a problem getting it for it to be legalized?

scroller
05-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Yes, but I don't think it will.

I honestly believe that U.S. citizens need some basically inocuous substance to be illegal so everyone can consider themselves "edgy" and transgressive. Cops, judges, politicians, teachers, students, bankers, doctors, lawyers all do it. It's a necessary release valve for people who don't want to think of themselves as part of the authority structure.

BlueEyed84
05-11-2010, 12:32 AM
"I honestly believe that U.S. citizens need some basically inocuous substance to be illegal so everyone can consider themselves "edgy" and transgressive. Cops, judges, politicians, teachers, students, bankers, doctors, lawyers all do it. It's a necessary release valve for people who don't want to think of themselves as part of the authority structure."

I don't know if I agree with this, but I see where you're coming from. A majority of people have that switch in their head that tells them doing ______ action will make them cool or edgy by the simple fact that it is illegal/taboo/against the social norm, but I think that even if marijuana were legalized after prohibition, you'd still have the basic social cliques that you have today. There would be people who smoked all the time, occasional users, people who don't want to do it and people who shun it like the plague.

I don't even know if I made sense, but there you have it.

Coroner
05-11-2010, 01:58 AM
Marijuana is no threat and should be legalized. Thereīs a long history of criminalizing marijuana. Alcohol is by far worse but no one considers an alcohol ban. Drunk people beat up their wives, cause car accidents, fatally involving innocents but hey look, grass is the problem. Sure, xcessive marijuana smoking isnīt good for you but neither is drinking coffee or coke all day long and eating beans. There is no reasonable argument in favor of marijuana prohibition. Even the American Medical Association saw no problem with it, which was deliberately ignored by the government.

Jericho
05-11-2010, 02:26 AM
Marijuana is no threat and should be legalized. Thereīs a long history of criminalizing marijuana. Alcohol is by far worse but no one considers an alcohol ban. Drunk people beat up their wives, cause car accidents, fatally involving innocents but hey look, grass is the problem. Sure, xcessive marijuana smoking isnīt good for you but neither is drinking coffee or coke all day long and eating beans. There is no reasonable argument in favor of marijuana prohibition. Even the American Medical Association saw no problem with it, which was deliberately ignored by the government.

+1

I'm an adult.
I'm in favour of the legalization of all drugs (my drugs of choice are coffee, cigarettes and alcohol).
If i break the law while under the influence, i'd expect to get punished accordingly.

hippifried
05-11-2010, 05:53 AM
It should never have been illegal in the first place.

Stupid laws are usually just some asshole saying "I don't want that so you can't have it!".

Demonkid248
05-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Legalizing pot would save our country and it's debt!

Marijuana is a $35 billion cash crop, imagine if it was legalized and taxed. Plus the most of the drug crimes in our prison are marijuana related. We could release all those "criminals" and reduce the strain on our prison systems. It's a win-win for our country.

:soapbox

CORVETTEDUDE
05-11-2010, 02:42 PM
The legalization and taxation of Mary Jane would go a long way to solving the country's economical delimna....and, that's the only way lawmakers will understand the potential impact.

jaybee
05-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Yeah man, legalise it, and tax the hell out of it! Anything to try and bring petrol prices down!

AngelinaTorres
05-19-2010, 04:10 PM

I agree !!

dramm
05-19-2010, 04:16 PM
never smoked it myself, but i think it should.

BiCuriousGeorge
05-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Cigarettes and alcohol are the cause of MILLIONS of deaths. Weed NEVER killed anybody. Why can someone smoke a cigarette but not weed? Why can people drink alcohol and possibly kill someone else, get into fights, and make you do things you normally wouldn't do? Weed calms you down, makes you less violent, and everyone gets along on it. As Katt Williams aid "Only side effects are Happy, Hungry, and Sleepy". How is that bad and illegal? It's A FUCKING PLANT!!!

The Piper
05-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Marijuana should not only be legalised,it should be made compulsory.
Never saw anyone kick off after a joint.

tambor
05-19-2010, 09:01 PM
Yes but the current bill being added to the November election in California is absolutely the wrong approach.

It opens the door for squatters to cultivate in open spaces regardless of property ownership, it takes away employer rights to dismiss someone for being under the influence at work.

there is more ... will post later.

sucka4chix
05-20-2010, 12:05 AM
OK, here's my argument against: Pot makes people paranoid and moody. I know for a fact I have been fired twice by irrational moody-assed pot heads!! You guys are only looking at violence and death. What about all the lack of productivity because everyone smoking pot is stuck in 1st gear.
However the main problem with pot is the way it is administered. Whether it causes people to do anything is not the issue. Once it's legalized, pot smokers become just like cig smokers--- obnoxious assholes that think they have a right to blow smoke in the air and don't consider it's effect on others; but this smoke is mind altering. Right now pot smokers are discrete. I'd rather get cig smokers to act like pot smokers than the other way around.

TsVanessa69
05-20-2010, 12:51 AM
I would be happy if they did!

TsVanessa69
05-20-2010, 12:53 AM
OK, here's my argument against: Pot makes people paranoid and moody. I know for a fact I have been fired twice by irrational moody-assed pot heads!! You guys are only looking at violence and death. What about all the lack of productivity because everyone smoking pot is stuck in 1st gear.
However the main problem with pot is the way it is administered. Whether it causes people to do anything is not the issue. Once it's legalized, pot smokers become just like cig smokers--- obnoxious assholes that think they have a right to blow smoke in the air and don't consider it's effect on others; but this smoke is mind altering. Right now pot smokers are discrete. I'd rather get cig smokers to act like pot smokers than the other way around.
I find it make me more productive and a happier person.
It also has been a great help in me battling depression, something I have been going thru for the last 2 years or so.
These last 6 months of pot smoking has curbed my mood swings and helped me focus on my NYC move.

sucka4chix
05-20-2010, 01:03 AM
I find it make me more productive and a happier person.
It also has been a great help in me battling depression, something I have been going thru for the last 2 years or so.
These last 6 months of pot smoking has curbed my mood swings and helped me focus on my NYC move.
I agree with all of that, for some people. But what about people who don't want/need that who get stuck in a "contact cloud" because it's legal? Containment is an issue with a drug that is smoked.

russtafa
05-20-2010, 02:35 AM
i hate the stuff its evil it really fucked me up smokeing it for years now i wont touch it