PDA

View Full Version : King Kong

MacShreach
11-06-2005, 06:48 PM
I was just watching a promo for Peter Jackson's latest epic, there was a lot of talk about the budget being over 200 million dollars and the film is over 3 hours and various producers babbling about the scale and how-you've-never-seen-anything-like-it-before.

Y'know standard bullshit to make us go in droves and watch the film which does look good...but I keep thinking that the end is going to feature:

A: One big ape
B: One tall building
C: Lots of bullets
D: Gravity

I have the feeling that I've already seen it, twice.

Anyone else think this?

mds

After the Lord Mayor's Show, if you ask me.

brickcitybrother
11-06-2005, 07:36 PM
I can think of a better way to spend three hours. But we can't spend all of our time doing taxes ... LMAO.

Might as well see it... ya never know.

Ecstatic
11-06-2005, 08:05 PM
I'll see it, based on Jackson's outstanding work on LotR, but I don't expect much more than a (truly spectacular) special effects treat.

I take issue with many of the changes Jackson felt compelled to apply to LotR, btw, but admire how well he still managed to capture the spirit of the original. And some choices made sense, at least from a box office point of view: while diehard fans (I first read LotR about 40 years ago and several times since) may lament the omission of Tom Bombadil or point out that the battle at Helm's Deep in the Two Towers comprised but one chapter, not 1/3 of the action as in the movie, these choices probably made for a more successful, if not superior, film.

And I've just got to see Kong take down that T-Rex. In real life, I don't think the big ape would have a chance!

tsntx
11-06-2005, 08:10 PM
all i can say is i cant fucking wait for it to come out ... i dont care how it ends its gonna be awesome up until that point... and hello everyone knew how titanic ended but it was still a great movie... tho the dvd offers a bonus "2nd version ending" i doubt the ship doesnt sink :D

Legend
11-06-2005, 08:25 PM
Peter jackson makes awesome films unlike george lucas and steven spielberg, jackson is suppose to make the new upcoming halo movie which is gonna rock!

Harrys Boy
11-07-2005, 12:05 AM
The annoying thing about the King Kong trailer is that it shows way too much of the beast, that should have been the part of the film we were all waiting for, but now we know what he looks like moves like and sounds like, Peter Jackson for all his great inflated skill and Oscar kudos doesnt know how to make a trailer, and in any case since "Heavenly Creatures" he doesnt seem to know much about drama either.

tsntx
11-07-2005, 12:07 AM
all i can say is i cant fucking wait for it to come out ... i dont care how it ends its gonna be awesome up until that point... and hello everyone knew how titanic ended but it was still a great movie... tho the dvd offers a bonus "2nd version ending" i doubt the ship doesnt sink :D

The only version I saw of Titanic was the 30 second bunny version, I didn't see it because I know it sank, kind of spoils the tension, isn't it a chick flick?

Wasn't Titanic voted worst film ever made not so long ago? Despite the billion dollars it made.

mds

lmao the bunnies that sites funny

tsntx
11-07-2005, 12:21 AM
lmao

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-07-2005, 12:37 AM
so funny to see the aniyah postings and the king kong thread right near...

LOL. J You're funny..

~Kisses.

HTG

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-07-2005, 12:54 AM
tongue?

LOL. (I didnt see a smiley with a tongue sticking out eh)..But here ya go :P

8)

~Kisses.

HTG

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-07-2005, 01:07 AM
i didnt realize u sign off every post with kisses, i thought it was special for me, thus the tongue querry;)

Silly. Yeah I do. I sign post with kisses..No kisses if Im upset, annoyed or something. LOL.

But like I said..You, chefmike and a few other guys off here got the type of humor I like. :arrow: Hence, the ~Kisses. :wink:

~Kisses.

HTG