rick_932
04-15-2010, 04:31 AM
i almost bought one today lol

Willie Escalade
04-15-2010, 04:45 AM
It looks good to me!

Silcc69
04-15-2010, 04:47 AM
I'd be tempted to get it if KFC still had good chicken.

sunairco
04-15-2010, 05:22 AM
You might want to see what the Physician's Comittee for Resposible Medicine has to say about this Double Down. They think it's so dangerous that it that the advertisement shouldn't be allowed to be public or at least 500 feet from a school. They urge to keep this menu item "out of the hands of children". Pretty heavy stuff from the same folks that helped the New York AG's office sue the fast food industry and bring about some of the changes like moving to trans-fat free oils and nutritonal information in their restaurants.

http://www.pcrm.org/news/PCRMDoubleDownLetter.pdf

daleach
04-15-2010, 05:29 AM
WTF! There should be laws against shit like that.

JerseyMike
04-15-2010, 05:33 AM
Love it, if people want to eat it crap food let them. This is America not China and if people want to eat shit that should kill them I say let them. Physician's Comittee for Resposible Medicine seems to forget that people should be allowed to make decisions for themselves no matter how stupid it might be.

BellaBellucci
04-15-2010, 05:50 AM
Eeew.

~BB~

sunairco
04-15-2010, 05:55 AM
People are making such a big deal about this as if KFC has invented something to commit suicide with. I don't understand the big deal. Two pieces of fried chicken breast with cheese and bacon?

Me thinks if someone went to a fine restaurant and ordered:

Milanesa
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Pollo Empanazido
Schnitzel

Pretty much the same thing if you think about it and they'd call it fine dining. You get the same thing wrapped in wax paper from a chicken joint take-out and the call it dangerous fast food. So it's perfectly good for the rich folks to eat this with a fine wine and the food critics will rave how excellent it is. Buy it from a fast food joint and it's treated like a poisonous and unhealthy entree. Homey Cordon Bleu is what it really is. Only thing that's different is a slice of bacon has replaced a slice of ham in some versions.

hwbs
04-15-2010, 06:02 AM
its less than 600 calories , lol....they have burgers that are double that calorie count at burger king !!!!

Dino Velvet
04-15-2010, 06:14 AM
I'll take 3 please. Sounds like something great to eat if you have a hangover especially with a lot of hot sauce on it.

wikid0ne
04-15-2010, 06:15 PM
sick just looking at it

marissaaz
04-15-2010, 06:56 PM
try "heart attack grill" http://www.heartattackgrill.com/
makes the double down look like jenny craig food

bte
04-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Looks gross

littlenookie
04-15-2010, 10:19 PM
it's only 540 calories......as long as you take the 1500 mg of SODIUM!!!

sunairco
04-15-2010, 10:48 PM
I don't know what the current established guidlines are for sodium are, but 2 tbsps of the diet, fat free, Kraft Italian dressing that comes with salad plate prepared under the guidance of a registered dietician from the cafeteria in front of me is 470mg for two tablespoons. Probably a half a cup in the pouch, so in round numbers ~4000 mg. The bag of dressing barely covers the salad plate. Nobody is counting the cottage cheese or scoop, tuna salad, or cheese.

My dad is on a sodium restricted diet. Small amounts will cause him to gain 5-7lbs over a day and require a powerful diuretic in addition to what he already takes twice daily. The restriction he has is 2000 mg/day for a sodium restricted diet. It essentially means virtually nothing prepared or from a can. Even a 12 oz. glass of soda is around 100mg and quickly adds up. An average male person under 30 will loose weight with nominal daily activity at 1500 calories. Kids need much more with higher metabolism rates and activity.

Let's keep this in perspective. This PCRM organization is an arm of PETA. Their ultimate goal is to keep people from eating any meat of any kind and adopt a strict Vegan diet.

Every time you do a knee jerk like this it shows that the politically correct, fringe, dietary nut jobs have succeeded in biasing public opinion and understanding of nutrition as long as they stand there with a white coat and claim to be "experts".

SarahG
04-16-2010, 10:52 PM
Love it, if people want to eat it crap food let them.

Yea except everyone else gets to pay for their 3 heart attacks, 4 stents, three decades of diabetes medicine, and 2 bypass surgeries once those fast food eaters gets old.

SarahG
04-16-2010, 10:54 PM
it's only 540 calories......as long as you take the 1500 mg of SODIUM!!!

That would be fine if you're on a sodium depleting medication like spiro.

I forget how many mg's of salt my GP wants me to try to have every day because of hrt, but it's a number higher than 1500mg. The basic instruction she gave me was to "cover everything I eat with salt."

Not everyone has the same dietary needs.