View Full Version : Thank you Hollywood

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
04-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Thank you for making a good casting call
http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/jackie-earle-haley-freddy-krueger.jpg

Englund should be honored.

Legend
04-07-2010, 08:40 PM
I was like wtf when he said he didn't look at england's freddy for any kind of inspiration.Good luck with that buddy.

rockabilly
04-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Everybody knows about Freddy's mannerisms and attitude.

What i think he means is that he wont be doing a carbon copy of Englunds performance , and will bring a new perspective to Freddy.

They bring Freddy back to basics , no more of the one liners and black humor that was prevalent in the sequels.

Legend
04-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Everybody knows about Freddy's mannerisms and attitude.

What i think he means is that he wont be doing a carbon copy of Englunds performance , and will bring a new perspective to Freddy.

They bring Freddy back to basics , no more of the one liners and black humor that was prevalent in the sequels.

I don't know i took it as a direct insult to england's freddy.England is a horror icon and he made the freddy character a success saying what he stated was an insult to england's performance.I liked the dark humor it made his character different then other slashers.This is just as bad as them saying in the chucky remake chucky is gonna be more serious and they are gonna leave the humor out HELLO thats what made chucky so great.

I really hate it when people allude to stuff like we're gonna be better then the original even though the original was a success and your film hasn't even come out yet(that wasn't directed at you rb).I can see from the trailers though that this film comes off as one of those generic teen horror films we've seen so many times lately.Look what happened to the halloween franchise now they're talking about rebooting it again in 3D.

rockabilly
04-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Agreed , Chucky should be funny because he's a man trapped in a doll and it made him more insane.

Freddy in the original Nightmare was a monster , a pedophile child killer who got off because the search warrant wasn't signed. He was twisted and evil before he got burned alive and became a post modern boogeyman after.
And Halloween ... ok the first remake was ok , i prefer the original same w/ the Friday the 13th remake .

bte
04-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Remakes in my opinion are always crappy. They don't compare to the original. I hope the Nightmare on Elm Street will be a better remake than Halloween, although I am not holding my breath. The trailer looks alright, but Freddy voice reminds me of Rorschach (and yes I know the same guy who plays Rorschach also plays Freddy).

rockabilly
04-07-2010, 10:40 PM
That's his go to voice for angry men.

Kinda like Christian Bale's Batman voice. lol