AsiaMei
12-20-2009, 09:56 PM
actress brittany murphy died "[

AsiaMei
12-20-2009, 09:58 PM
http://www.tmz.com/

Brittany Murphy Dies

Posted Dec 20th 2009 1:37PM by TMZ Staff

Brittany Murphy died early this morning after she went into full cardiac arrest and could not be revived, multiple sources tell TMZ.

She was 32.

A 911 call was made at 8:00 AM from a home in Los Angeles that is listed as belonging to her husband, Simon Monjack, the Los Angeles City Fire Department tells TMZ.

We're told Murphy was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where she was pronounced dead on arrival.

Murphy starred in such films as "Clueless," "8 Mile," and "Don't Say a Word."

Story developing ...

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/12/1220_britney_murphy_ex_getty_94463366.jpg

Falrune
12-20-2009, 10:04 PM
RIP. I thought she was great in "Sin City"

BLKGSXR
12-20-2009, 10:09 PM
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005261/
she sure was doing a whole lot

AsiaMei
12-20-2009, 10:15 PM
UPDATE 3:11 PM ET -- Sources tell TMZ Brittany Murphy's mom discovered her unconscious in the shower. We're told when paramedics arrived, they quickly determined Murphy was in full cardiac arrest and immediately administered CPR. They continued CPR in route to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center -- several miles away -- and Murphy was unresponsive. She was pronounced dead at the hospital.

spankrod
12-20-2009, 10:40 PM
Damn. She was near the top of my "to do" list for quite some time ...

peggygee
12-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Quite surprising, she was so very young. I've always enjoyed her work.

May she rest in peace.

Silcc69
12-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Clueless was a great movie.

phobun
12-20-2009, 11:00 PM
Sad.

Fox
12-20-2009, 11:02 PM
It's a damn shame. She was cute when she wasn't playing ditsy roles. RIP.

2009 has been an asshole.

mimiplastique
12-20-2009, 11:22 PM

2009 has been an asshole.2009 HAS BEEN A BITCH HUH ? I love her in king of the hill and girl interupted . She was vert talented and sooo pretty too . I loved her
may she rest in peace

ragendude
12-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Wow! That is a shame. She was a perfect tweaked out stripper in SPUN! Strange News too young :( :(

tstishadupree
12-20-2009, 11:41 PM
So sad So pretty

rockabilly
12-20-2009, 11:48 PM
She was great in "Cherry Falls" and "Sin City" and her voicework in "King of the Hill" was funny.

R.I.P.

BellaBellucci
12-21-2009, 12:28 AM

2009 has been an asshole.2009 HAS BEEN A BITCH HUH ? I love her in king of the hill and girl interupted . She was vert talented and sooo pretty too . I loved her
may she rest in peace

This is just plain sad. 32? Nature is a cruel mistress. Yeah, it's been a shit year all around. Fuck you 2009. Good riddance.

Brittany RIP. I enjoyed you most in 8 Mile. Thanks for the memories.

~BB~

AmericanDream
12-21-2009, 12:31 AM
In related news, over 20,000 children under the age of 5 died from hunger today.'

I hardly doubt it was "nature" that caused Brittany's death.

Whatever, RIP.

BellaBellucci
12-21-2009, 12:49 AM
In related news, over 20,000 children under the age of 5 died from hunger today.'

Whatever, RIP.

Whatever yourself. What are you trying to accomplish here? Are you saying that we shouldn't mourn someone that we all know of because people we don't know have died too? You're sick. So I guess when you die we shouldn't mourn you, because well, lots of people die.

And though I would agree there was likely some substance abuse that caused Ms. Murphy's death, I don't think we should draw any conclusions. You can't wait for the autopsy to smear her good name?

~BB~

Coroner
12-21-2009, 03:26 AM

Whatever, RIP.

Whatever yourself. What are you trying to accomplish here? Are you saying that we shouldn't mourn someone that we all know of because people we don't know have died too? You're sick. So I guess when you die we shouldn't mourn you, because well, lots of people die.

And though I would agree there was likely some substance abuse that caused to Ms. Murphy's death, I don't think we should draw any conclusions. You can't wait for the autopsy to smear her good name?

~BB~

What AmericanDream tried to say is that no one talks about these 20.000 children at all while itīs a shock when a celebrity dies. If drug abuse was the cause of her death, she killed herself. Bt these children were killed.
Oh, and nothing wrong with mourning for Brittany Murphy. Sad news for me too but I donīt care at all.

Like Stalin said:"When one man dies, itīs a tragedy. When many die, itīs statistics."

shemale-411
12-21-2009, 04:19 AM
You have one poster rushing to Brittany's defense for all the people here that "know" her, and the next paragraph saying substance abuse likely had something to do with it. I mean, wtf! AmericanDream said nothing about substance abuse, I actually took his comment to be a sideways refernce to rumors of her having an eating disorder. Kinda like a sideways refernce to her being a substance abuser...

It's not impossible, but I doubt many people here knew her. I knew her work, and loved it, she was funny and a joy to watch on screen, I was a fan. I was hoping to see her in Sin City 2, as from what I understand its a prequel to the first. She will definitely be missed.

Legend
12-21-2009, 06:41 AM
OMG, i just watched the ramen girl and thought it was one of the best movies i've personally ever seen, she was such a talented actress i'll surely miss her and her work.

phobun
12-21-2009, 06:58 AM

Whatever, RIP.

And though I would agree there was likely some substance abuse that caused to Ms. Murphy's death, I don't think we should draw any conclusions. You can't wait for the autopsy to smear her good name?

~BB~

What AmericanDream tried to say is that no one talks about these 20.000 children at all while itīs a shock when a celebrity dies. If drug abuse was the cause of her death, she killed herself. Bt these children were killed.
Oh, and nothing wrong with mourning for Brittany Murphy. Sad news for me too but I donīt care at all.

Like Stalin said:"When one man dies, itīs a tragedy. When many die, itīs statistics."

Well put

Kabuki
12-21-2009, 07:23 AM
RIP Brittany. Few people seem to remember her music video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypioNVOm1GI

Legend
12-21-2009, 07:30 AM
Who gives a damn how she did she is gone, speculating on how someone died is so disrespectful, you might as well spit on her grave.

And someone tried to make a point about people not caring about others who died as if you go through their post count and see anything about the people they mention to make a point, someone died and you're trying to use them to get your agenda across, f**king pathetic.

R.I.P Brittany Murphy

BrendaQG
12-21-2009, 07:32 AM
Much much too young to die. It's bad either way. If it's a plain heart attack that's even worse. Totally senseless.

SidInNy
12-21-2009, 07:32 AM
Hollywood has chewed up and spit out lots of good folk.

Some people enter the system and thrive. Others fail.

She was a young kid who, from some accounts, got chewed up.

May she rest in peace and may her friends and family find comfort from the good thoughts from those that enjoyed her work.

bridgetbbyxo
12-21-2009, 08:07 AM
Who gives a damn how she did she is gone, speculating on how someone died is so disrespectful, you might as well spit on her grave.

And someone tried to make a point about people not caring about others who died as if you go through their post count and see anything about the people they mention to make a point, someone died and you're trying to use them to get your agenda across, f**king pathetic.

R.I.P Brittany Murphy
i agree 110%
so me and a ex just got in a fight about her.. apparently some people have no respect for the dead.. she is truly talented.. i loved her in the movie "the dead girl"
RIP Brittany Murphy :(

NYTSJulie
12-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Its rare someone her age just has a heart attack. Speed.....crack, cock, meth all speed your heart up and can cause a heart attack,

Trans Mission
12-21-2009, 09:43 AM
Its rare someone her age just has a heart attack. Speed.....crack, cock, meth all speed your heart up and can cause a heart attack,

It is rare and while I'll refrain from judgmental speculation I do remember her scene in "Spun" where she is in the passenger seat of the car and somehow poignantly conveys the chemically induced euphoria through her acting. It was a scene that I realized no one could possibly duplicate as deftly without subjective experience, coming from someone who understands the drug, of course.

With that said, I really don't think she was that messed up. She was such a sweetheart, that I'm going to side with congenital issues before placarding her as a druggie. I hope I'm right and that her fleshed out character in "Clueless" was acting and not existing.

BellaBellucci
12-21-2009, 12:23 PM
You have one poster rushing to Brittany's defense for all the people here that "know" her, and the next paragraph saying substance abuse likely had something to do with it. I mean, wtf! AmericanDream said nothing about substance abuse, I actually took his comment to be a sideways refernce to rumors of her having an eating disorder. Kinda like a sideways refernce to her being a substance abuser...

It's not impossible, but I doubt many people here knew her. I knew her work, and loved it, she was funny and a joy to watch on screen, I was a fan. I was hoping to see her in Sin City 2, as from what I understand its a prequel to the first. She will definitely be missed.

Actually, if you bothered to read all of what I wrote I said 'people who know OF her.' Big difference. I defended Brittany from the usual implication that substance abuse was involved but also had to admit that it was possible (because it usually is in these cases)... although I ALSO said that we really shouldn't speculate because we'll know for sure as soon as the autopsy is completed.

And I didn't like the implication that we shouldn't mourn one person because others die too who aren't well known (or known OF for those who are looking for something about which to fight). But really this isn't about Brittany is it? It's about your inability to give up an opportunity to talk shit about me. Are you mad because I find both you and your 'tranny' fantasy Danielle Foxx unworthy of my time? Seems that way if you have to keep poking me with a stick to get my attention, Loverboy.

~BB~

PS: An eating disorder is a natural occurrence. Drug abuse is not. AD's implication was clear. So put THAT in your crack pipe and smoke it. Fucking loser.

rockabilly
12-21-2009, 01:16 PM

... Cock ... either you meant Coke or that's a great freudian slip.

paulgutierrez
12-21-2009, 04:05 PM
LOL!

Another drugged up hollywood whore bites the dust!

phobun
12-21-2009, 06:05 PM
LOL!

How was she a whore? Her husband called the ambulance for her. You're pathetic and a misogynist

doradora
12-21-2009, 07:49 PM
L.I.P

paulgutierrez
12-21-2009, 08:43 PM
LOL!

How was she a whore? Her husband called the ambulance for her. You're pathetic and a misogynist

And you're a fuckin uptight douche bag that gets ripped on by everybody on here. Shut the fuck up and never speak to me again.

Ben
12-21-2009, 10:19 PM
Brittany Murphy's sad, sudden end
She never became Hollywood's It girl, but she was as daffy and heartbreaking as her A-list contemporaries
By Mary Elizabeth Williams

She was an adorably clueless high schooler. She was a self-destructive mental patient. She was a newlywed. A nanny. A rapper's girlfriend. A barmaid. And a two-dimensional Texas blonde. She was never a marquee star, finding herself instead in the role of the scene-stealing second or third banana. But whether she was playing a penguin or a beauty contestant, Brittany Murphy, who died Sunday morning at the cruelly young age of 32, took every role she played and made her characters loveable and flawed and startlingly, daringly human.

She started acting in childhood, but when her career started to take off after her dazzling breakthrough in 1995's smash "Clueless," she quickly found herself on Hollywood's It Girl track. And why not? She was sexy and stunning, with big brown eyes and flawless skin. She slipped easily from blonde bombshell to brunette siren and back again dozens of times. She could break your heart in her wounded, troubled roles, and she had a light, goofy comic presence.

Yet big-time stardom eluded her. Her "Drop Dead Gorgeous" costar Kirsten Dunst went on to meaty dramatic roles and a plum place in the "Spiderman" franchise. Angelina Jolie, who tore up the scenery with her in "Girl, Interrupted," walked away with an Oscar and a secure spot atop the A-list. Sure, Kate Hudson and Reese Witherspoon had their share of duds but consistently managed to balance crowd-pleasing comic fare with award-baiting serious work. Why not Murphy, a star as beautiful and talented as any in the lot? Why, when others were walking the red carpet at Cannes, was she toiling in voice work? Bad choices, bad luck, bad timing? Or could it have been something else?

It certainly couldn't have helped that Murphy, a young woman in a harsh, high-pressure industry, was dogged by rumors of drug use and eating disorders. Though she persistently denied both, she had an unfortunate history of erratic public behavior and had in recent years been looking alarmingly thin.

Maybe that's why one of her most memorable roles was a character who didn't need Murphy's face or body at all -- Luanne Platter, Hank Hill's generous and deeply dim niece on "King of the Hill. " Her Luanne cried often, gave her affections too easily, and somehow managed to maintain the sunniest disposition in all of Arlen, Texas, a girl whose sorrows only made her wittier and more appealing. She seemed to be a reflection of Murphy herself -- dogged by disappointment, smiling graciously through it all.

The last few weeks had been particularly difficult for the actress – she'd been replaced from the cast of the new movie "The Caller" due to "creative differences" and her husband, screenwriter Simon Monjack, was rushed to the hospital with reports of erratic behavior chalked up to a possible asthma attack.

Then yesterday morning, it all ended with a phone call to 911 after her mother reportedly found her collapsed in the shower. She was pronounced dead of cardiac arrest at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angels at 10:04am. The initial word from the Los Angeles coroner's office is that she died of natural causes, though there seems nothing right or natural about death when you're 32. An autopsy is planned for this week.

For a woman who won no major awards and never climbed to the top of the Hollywood heap, she leaves an indelibly sweet body of work. She'll forever be the woman whose "Clueless" character uttered one of the most devastating putdowns in cinema, "You're a virgin who can't drive," the voice of Luanne and her misguided Christian menagerie of Manger Babies. Few actresses of her generation or any other possessed such unselfconscious tenderness. (Contrast Murphy with the hard-shelled, don't-give-a-damn personas of, say, Megan Fox and Scarlett Johannson.) Imagine how, had she been given the chance, she could have grown into a charismatic character actress with a durable career, a slightly daffier Susan Sarandon. Instead, she'll be remembered as the ebullient, forever young woman with a knack for playing ladies who didn't fully fit in this cold world, but who loved it wholeheartedly, unguardedly regardless.

phobun
12-22-2009, 05:05 AM
LOL!

And you're a fuckin uptight douche bag that gets ripped on by everybody on here. Shut the fuck up and never speak to me again.

Sounds like you're wound pretty tight. Way to come unglued!

thx1138
12-23-2009, 11:12 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/6871387/Brittany-Murphy-10-different-drugs-found-at-her-bedside.html